3DS CFW + Homebrew Thread

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.
>11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Everything from 11.0 applies, but browserhax and menuhax have been patched, so no more homebrew either without freakyforms or otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/8yF7aBBb
archive.is/mXuMS
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/276920-mega-persona-dlc-undub-usa.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0xYct8Y3Zqk
youtube.com/watch?v=7f6RNTsbDYk
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/276934-mega-shin-megami-tensei-iv-undub-1-0-usa-region-free.html
gbatemp.net/threads/release-graphing-calculator.399078/
mega.nz/#!jJgzQT5Z!VSxlVQEr-3SQKtJw447xH9SaJKI2FgRkxBrh-iBbw5M
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/276946-mega-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-undub-1-0-usa-region-free.html
store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=2&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod210010&categoryId=cat10037
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
u.pomf.is/uhdwqz.webm
mega.nz/#!mwci3CzJ!myLnRFW6phnY1igolnH5MGsuVw9dr_03U_21kGvGBp8
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
lmgtfy.com/?q=.3ds to .cia
my.mixtape.moe/qufwxe.7z
github.com/usagirei/3DS-Theme-Editor
my.mixtape.moe/ztivfw.7z
my.mixtape.moe/fobyuf.7z
my.mixtape.moe/zgftbh.7z
my.mixtape.moe/rirjwa.7z
volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Homebrew-Launcher-(No-Browser)
github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/8yF7aBBb
Last Thread: archive.is/mXuMS

You guys looking forward to the NX?

Potentially. Depends on what the lineup looks like. If we see a spla2n I'll be down for sure.

For the gba-vc from the pastebin, do I just install them normally through devmenu?

It's a cia, so yes, just install it through FBI/Devmenu. If you're using menuhax and not a9lh then you need to install them to both emu and sysnand.

alright, thanks. already did the jump to a9lh yesterday.

Would you be triggered if my undubbed cutscenes for SMT4 and SMT4 Apocalypse lost their 3D feature?

The moflex encoder from Nintendon't SDK seems to break audio sync when making interleaved 3D moflex and the only way around it is simply making a 2D moflex.

YOU KNOW WHAT NEVERMIND
I MANAGED TO ENCODE IT WITH 3D INTACT

SMT4 FULL UNDUB WITH CUTSCENES AFTER ALL THIS TIME COMING LATER TODAY

did you ever upload that PQ DLC in the last thread?

Yah, even posted updated version with a more "proper" CIA repacking than mine since some guy on 3DSISO helped me out.

Awesome, that'll be the next game I play then.

As long as you've played P3 and P4 before that, it's really not going to work as a standalone game.

It's ok, I've shitposted in enough Persona threads to get the gist of it. I'm kidding, I've played nearly every megaten. Even replaying P4 with Golden undubbed for the hell of it.

I really need to buy a Vita now that it's pirateable, mostly for P4G Undub and SS Delta.

Depends
If it can play wiiu games then I won't have to upgrade my homebrew Wii to a homebrew WiiU when homebrew rolls out for the NX. If it can't then it's library will have to be pretty strong. Having a weaker library is a bit negated by having another system's entire library. Just like the 3ds.

Speaking of, anyone have any requests for cutscene undubbing on 3DS for existing undubs that left out cutscenes?

Do you have a link for that?

I want to wait for a psvita equivalent to a9lh. Hacking the system every time it boots sounds just as annoying as emunand.

I posted it in last thread but here you go:
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/276920-mega-persona-dlc-undub-usa.html

I actually put up with "temporary" CFW back on PSP3000 when it wasn't possible to permanently CFW that variant, it bothered me a little at first but I quickly got used to it.

Thank you.

And SMT4 cutscenes undubbed, now to just rebuild the game and we're set and I'll be able to move on to SMT4A.

How good is the graphing calculator homebrew app?

And finished SMT4 Undub with cutscenes also undubbed but with english subs maintained. Gonna upload now.

was the dub really that bad, or is this just for preference?

Preference, I'm playing the dub and it's pretty good. Dagda getting an Irish accent is the best decision they could have made.

Quite awful, Atlus also pulled usual scummy move of firing the more expensive VAs for the sequel so most of the returning characters from SMT4 now have shitter and cheaper voice actors in SMT4A.

But Atlus dubs are shitty in general.

Besides the game takes place in fucking Tokyo, people should be speaking nipponese.

Sooo, can I safely update my emunad to 11.1?

Just switch to A9LH already.

I'm getting conflicting opinions. Guess I'll have to look up

Get a9lh, nigger. All emuserfs will be relentlessly bullied

Upgrade to a9lh

youtube.com/watch?v=0xYct8Y3Zqk
Here's a Jap trailer so you can hear jap voice acting.

youtube.com/watch?v=7f6RNTsbDYk
And here's English trailer.

They aren't one and the same trailer but it will give you the gist of it.

Check the OP.

Please no bully

I would. No fucking point on a DS without the 3D. It's not a big deal, actually, but fucking fix it if you can.

U wot.
Also read the thread ya lazy ruskie bum.

the 3ds is still a DS

Ok so, finished uploading the SMT4 Full Undub, download here:
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/276934-mega-shin-megami-tensei-iv-undub-1-0-usa-region-free.html

Yeah it sure is, I sure can play 3DS game on my DS, yep, totally. user please don't be silly.
You're as bad as normalfags who thought 3DS and WiiU are just revisions of DS and Wii and not actual new consoles.

different products still apart of the same family
a 3DS is a DS. That's why I can play DS games on my 3DS

That's not how it works user, it's simply due to 3DS being backwards compatible.

Might as well say that PlayStation 4 is still the same thing as PS1/2/3.

Brand =/= Hardware

I'm not saying that the playstation 4 is a ps1/2/3
I'm essentially saying the playstation 4 is a playstation

It was just a typo. My keyboard is falling apart.
It was in the next post, yeah, so I apologize.

Tobe fair, the little change in design and the similar names didn't help on that. Still, the 3DS, being the predecessor of DS, didn't change much, so it's still a DS, he also never said it is the other way around.

that to, user's point on design
the playstation 4 analogy is a lot closer if you're comparing controllers rather than the actual console.

I'm a slight retard and want to install a9lh. If I copy all of my files and put them back again, will that keep my savefiles safe?

yeah
you could also use a save manager for extra measure.

Still on an older version of Luma, since can't be fucked to download new updater to do it. Am I missing much?

The time it took you to type this post you could have manually updated luma.

read the change logs
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

Alright, thanks a bunch.

updaters are broken, you're saving yourself from a black screen.

newer luma also has a slower bootrate, so you're saving yourself from that as well.

they are? luma updater hasn't given me a single issue.

While I'm at it working on undubbing SMT4 Apocalyse cutscenes, I will also fix Fatlus' fuckup and translate the two untranslated lines.

nice work

I've been picking Attack at that option every single time. I can't wait to crush his spirit.

Why did they say it would take forever to fix? Does Nintendo charge an assload for patches or something?

Excuses.
Because they are lazy scum as usual.
Need I really remind you of Persona 3 FES, Persona 3 Portable and Soul Hackers also having instances of untranslated text?
And that Soul Hackers has a gamebreaking bug to this very day?

Yeah but those are all on consoles with no patches the 3DS lets you patch shit why take the negative press when it is a simple fix? Man Atlus US needs a better QA dept.

I did it! I wanted to get ready for the Sun/Moon release and I just found my 3DS today after a couple months of looking for it, so I figured that now would be as good a time as any. I wish someone could've just told me straight-up, "No, the only CFW doesn't matter, just nuke it all and start from scratch," because that would've made it easier to comprehend, but at least it made sense to me the fourth or fifth time reading through this new guide. It took about an hour to get everything up and going, and another few hours to wait for the painful process of completing the downloads from the eShop. I don't know how Nintendo made the process of downloading 2GB feel like 20, but they fucking did it, the absolute madmen.

Thanks Holla Forums.

Soul Hackers is on 3DS, user

Link? Is it based on an existing program?

What's the bug in Soul Hackers?

So, I just made the move from menuhax to arm9, and it all went fine, but now that I am done, my GBA saves seem to be gone.

There anything I can do to get them back?

gbatemp.net/threads/release-graphing-calculator.399078/
doesn't appear to be

If anyone has experience moving from a flashcard to CFW I'd appreciate some advice at the moment.

I currently have a N3DS on 9.0 and a gateway card from before CFW was really available that has served me pretty well. I stopped playing my 3DS for quite a while, but now I'm interested in a few new games like SMT:Final, so it's probably the right moment to consider ditching my ancient hacks if there's actually an advantage in doing so.
Is there any easy way to install the current standard CFW since I already have emuNand and whatnot setup, or is it really just a matter of restoring to factory and following the guide from the top?

Pretty sure you can just pick up the guide and follow as is without doing any reformatting.

Sweet, thanks. I'll come back and complain if I need any help.

It's a cute toy but nothing you can do real work on, it doesn't even work as a calculator, only for graphing. Too bad, I was excited about it being RPN too.

oh, that's a shame
I considered doing calc homework on my 3ds for shits and giggles but the dream is dead
It'd be really interesting if it had a slightly greater fraction of the functionality of a TI-nspire

It's a weird one. Starting a new game (not NG+) over your old file (not Clear variants) with the exact same name will keep all the chests you opened with your old save, meaning you are hard locked out of the chess dungeon because a piece is supposed to be in a chest to complete it. You can avoid this by loading NG+ properly.

There's also looking at the Trishula's (strongest fused weapon) description that almost freezes the game (it goes slow as fuck, repeatedly pressing b to exit returns it to normal).

Oh yeah and there's Nemissa randomly crashing the game with any of her spells. I've never experienced this one though.

You can permanently destroy your save if you start a new game with same name as last playthrough, all chests are considered open and since you need to open some of them for story reasons, you can't progress and get fucked. The only solution is literally deleting the save because it's unsalvageable if you run into this.

Also what said.
And if you're curious about what is untranslated in Soul Hackers, multiple instances of Life Stone as well as "You don't have enough MAG" messages are untranslated.
There's also a metric fuckton of typos and text going out of frame boundries.

SH is by far their most botched localization to date, and not in translation department but in QA department. The translation is actually pretty good, shit dub aside.
Although they changed personality of one character (the protagonist of the original Devil Summoner, since Soul Hackers is Devil Summoner 2) to be a lot more mellow and laid back when in Jap version he's borderline hostile dickhead to you.

A9LH on 9.2 N3DS coming soon, O3DS will still have to go to 2.1 but new 3ds users will have even less of an excuse after this.

Hey guys

I'm still using rxTools

No. A different user helped me figure out what causes that black screen on Luma 6.2.2+

Luma's config file is not backward compatible, and the new config's default does not have "Autoboot sysNAND" checked. For people that followed Plailects a9lh instructions (and thus no longer run emuNAND) this leads to the default config attempting to boot an emuNAND that doesn't exist.

Solution: hold 'select' on boot to enter Luma3DS config, turn on "Autoboot sysNAND", and finally press 'start' to save. et voila!

You guys ready for SMT4A Undub today?

Should be done within 2-3 hours.

You da real MVP.

also, this means that if/when the exploit for 11.x gets released people on n3ds won't have to downgrade at all, just install a9lh without otp.

Rip emuserfs
Your excuses are fleeting

I thought it was just common knowledge to check the Luma settings after an update.

Is there any way to stop a firmware update from applying? My 3DS has one downloaded, but I don't want to update.

So basically to sum it up my clusterfuck double post:
1) Enter Recovery Mode (boot holding A+R+L+Up on DPad) then exit
2) Set up Tubehax DNS (107.211.140.065)

Pleb be gone

Kek, I've just been out of the loop with 3DS hax for like a year. I even still use menuhax. I'm looking to get a better CFW than rxTools and use A9LH instead of menuhax. I'm on O3DS, is Luma3DS a good option?

Just follow this

Next time read the bloody damn OP

If nobody is replying, chances are nobody knows.

Thanks, my 3DS isn't actually hacked yet, and I will need to read up on it over the next few days. I am on 10.2.0 (old) so I think it seems to be doable.

I did after posting that. I've downloaded Luma3DS and A9LH, now just have to set them up.

your 3DS is good to go, just follow the linked guide. It'll take an hour or two for the setup but after that you won't have to do much.

They may have been stored in the nand. It's gone forever.

Yes

When I upgrade from Menuhax+rxTools to A9LH+Luma, will my emunand get fucked?

There's this issue that I keep running into with Final Fantasy Explorers, where the screen will go black and the game stops running after one of the beginning cutscenes.

I'm not sure if it's a cryptofix issue or not because I can boot the game and create a character, but cannot progress past that point.

No. The Plailect guide has a section that tells you how to copy your emunand onto your new A9LH sysnand.

Only if you reformat your card, which is no longer necessary. Emunand is unaffected by the whole process

Did you download from Freeshop?

Say user, do you think Soul Hackers undub will ever be possible or how about at least inserting the english script into the japanese cia?

Why is FBI so fucking slow?

It happened literally 2 days ago already.

SH? You sure? I'm looking up and down 3dsiso and even google, I don't think so.

Shoulda read the previous 2 threads, or GBAtemp.

This is fine.
Thanks.

Why the fuck would you use Hans in this day and age when A9LH and Luma exist?

physical copy

But the game was already in full Japanese back in February.

It crashes near the beginning with the n3DS' extra horsepower enabled. If you're using one of those, disable clock+l2. You can switch back once you get started.

You funny guy, I kill you last.

The freeshop folder must be inside the 3ds folder, right?

Just install the .cia, you don't need to worry about it.

Oh I thought it was a DS game must have mixed it up with Devil Survivor.

How does nintendo fuck up so bad that it becomes as easy as scanning a QR code to download games?

Devil Survivor got an overhauled re-release on 3DS with an entire expansion worth of content.
Same for DeSu 2.

And DeSu1 3DS re-release had a bug in European version which got patched by the publisher. I can gurantee you if that shit happened with US version, Atlus USA wouldn't even lift a finger to fix it.

These things are inevitable.

It really comes down to how long it takes for people to crack a system.

I don't recall thing being a thing where you could download directly from nintendos servers

nice shitposts

nope, just follow the guide.

your emunand will be copied over in part 3-4

What am I doing wrong?

The fuck-ups just keep on happenin', not that I'm complaining.

What in the fuck is up with Atlus US then? Although the European version wouldn't have been patched by Atlus EU since they don't exist it would have had to been either NISA or Sega-EU they publish their games over there. Unless the patch was just rolled into the EU version at launch since it probably took 3 years to get released over there.

My two excuses were laziness and an extreme fear of upsetting my status quo with an unlucky brick (I'm supernaturally unlucky with shit like this, the 1% brick was not a meme for me when setting up emunand way back when)

accidentially hit enter early, wanted to say that once this shit is ready to go, my excuses are gone so I'll fucking do it

Read the entire post again since I don't think you understood it.
It wasn't Atlus US that fucked up with bug in EU release, but the EU publisher (Ghostlight).
Ghostlight patched it however.

If the same bug happened in US version of the game, I can guarantee that Atlus USA wouldn't patch shit.

Ah ok, I didn't know ghostlight published stuff? I thought they just ported censored games to steam.

you're emulating a language, not actually changing it.

All you're doing is allowing your 3DS to display the Japanese text. Sadly there is nothing to auto-translate languages in games. Even if there was NOA would cease and desist that shit with assassins. If you want it translated either play the butchered localization or find a fan-translation. There is a fan-translation that has all the story text done but pretty much all of the relationship conversations are still in japanese.

Ghostlight is much older than that.
They published Atlus PS2 games in EU.

Nothing, you've got it displaying in the correct language just fine.

Updated the link for my SMT4 Undub to a now encrypted CIA so Gatewayfags will be able to install it.
mega.nz/#!jJgzQT5Z!VSxlVQEr-3SQKtJw447xH9SaJKI2FgRkxBrh-iBbw5M

Almost done uploading SMT4A full undub btw.

And SMT4A Undub is here:

3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/276946-mega-shin-megami-tensei-iv-apocalypse-undub-1-0-usa-region-free.html

I wanna get a 3ds for my niece's birthday and the only good (non 2DS) price I could find was a referb from Nintendo's web site
store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=jump&navCount=2&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod210010&categoryId=cat10037
What firmware do you think this would have? Should I risk it?
Also does it look like 11.0 or 11.1 will get cracked anytime soon?

Is SMT4 and 4A worth playing I've heard mixed things?

This have the videos undubbed?

depends on how long it's been sitting there
and no, those two versions are no where near as exploitable as 9.2. It will be a while till a new update as exploitable comes up.

A refurb from Nintendo is probably the most likely 3DS you can buy that will have the latest firmware. I haven't heard anything but I can see Nintendo manually doing it for all the refurbs to stop piracy. The 2DS is actually not that bad hardly anyone ever uses the 3D function. Plus the screen is properly sized so you can't see every single pixel.

Yes.

SMT4A fixed a lot of wrong that was in SMT4, but mind you SMT4A is not a re-release of 4, but a sequel. You know like Final Fantasy X-2 kind of stuff.
With that said, if you're a newcommer you probably won't even realize what people complained about outside of the obviously sticking out shit guest designs for some demons in SMT4.
SMT4A had the guest designs redrawn by Atlus' own artist so they are no longer so shitty.

I'd say the games are very much worth playing and have huge replayability due to multiple paths and endings, and they simply have a fuckton of content to boot.

I'm pretty new I've put a few hours into SMT1, 2, and 3/Nocturne. I liked them well enough but lost all my saves so I just quit.

Yeah thats what I was thinking

Didn't mean to shit on the 2DS It seems like a good handheld. I just wanted an XL because this is gonna be a replacement for her old one. It broke the day before I was gonna crack it for her.

regular n3ds isn't an option?

SMT4 and SMT4A are basically more targeted towards new audience than old fans, they're more streamlined and "accessible" for the lack of better word. Plenty fine entry points, I really recommend playing SMT4 before SMT4A though for obvious plot reasons.

I've only seen it going from $170-200 and I set a $130 budget for this. I considered it but it's just more than I want to spend.

But there's no games

do it for her

I don't even know where to look for deals anymore everything here in Canada is inflated to shit because current year man destroyed out currency. The PS4 Slim is 380$ here when the PS4 launched here at 400$. Microsoft actually held on and kept their price the same here until the Xbone S so when that came the xbone actually increased in price here. A new game costs 80$ and portable games are 60. Piracy on the 3DS and Vita couldn't have come at a better time for me.

Canada is part french
stay true to that heritage and put him under a guillotine. Show him how much past year is better than current year

Not anymore according to Trudeau we're past having a culture now we are the embodiment of multi-culturalism. One of the things Trudeau ran on was eliminating a law that made people who commit honour killings get sentenced to a full murder 1 sentence. He wants to make it so they can get off on manslaughter.

He did that because executing him would be an honor kill. How shifty of him.

How is my country so stupid to elect a man into office who has never even had a job outside of politics. His entire education is a BACHELOR of arts and a BACHELOR of education. He got his start in politics by delivering his father's eulogy. You guys in the states think you're fucked for being stuck with Trump or Hillary at least they've had jobs. Canada elected an actual manchild who thinks you can save the world by telling everyone to be nice to each other.

Holy shit, user!
Shit being overpriced and Muslims literally getting away with murder.
I had know idea the mapleniggers had it that bad . I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.

Look on the bright side, if the people will begin to uncuck themselves after realizing how shitty the left is in practice. Expect a massive swing to the right next election.

Don't worry man! Health care!

Our health care has actually been completely decimated every year comes with new cuts to services and doctor's pay. Medication, Eyecare, and Dentistry are all not covered by our health care system. So if I want to chew food or see the government says that isn't necessary to live so I have to pay for it myself. Some guy is fighting to make it legal to have privatized health insurance because the government like the mafia has wiped out the competition. They're constantly trying to limit speech more and more and the Liberals have mandated making an example out of anyone committing a hate crime on a muslim person.

Wow
That's horrible

You have to use the locale's .txt to make non-native region games run their DLC on Luma. What gave you the idea I thought this would machine translate anything?

I have the translation patch CIA installed, but my game is still in moon.

So is there anything… revolutionary to partake in lately? Other than the multiplat VC injects.

The lack of context. You never mentioned you had it patched.

Tried monster hunter? Play monster hunter. Already have? Play it some more.

Not without friends I can't.

Or motivation.

Alright, so I've asked this before and got no help, but I'll try again. I put CFW on my 3DS awhile ago, probably around the time that the hardmod for 11.0 came out.
I did everything with no issues, but my 3DS takes 10 to 20 seconds to boot up, I can't use the .cia Homebrew Launcher (It installs fine, but just crashes whenever I launch it), and the Luma locales doesn't work for me.
Anyone have any ideas as to why these things could be happening?

How do I work on the text files for FE if?

First of all, do you have A9LH?

maybe you're booting an emuNAND?

Yup.

Any word on Luma getting rid of the 300 title limit yet?
I'm cutting it really fucking close here, rebosting home menu

I don't believe I even have an EmuNAND, my settings even says I'm using Sys before the version number.

lurker in these threads, never had the courage to install CFW but I have an O3DS in 9.9 and an N3DSXL in 10.7.

Am i still able to engage in good goy behavior by visiting the eShop and not get my system cornholed if it looks like it's been tampered with? I still want to support some games, like Shin'en's shit and SmileBasic whenever they have updates.

no word from Aurora on it. nds DS loading will probably happen first.

after you have al9h, you can update to the latest firmware and do everything a stock unit can as well as having CFW. ninty has never banned CFW users from the eshop, even when pirating off their servers. only credit card fraud will get you banned or flashcarts if you play online.

i've been told that using the eshop will auto-delete any pirated DLC or themes, although I haven't confirmed if this is still the case. That's really about the worst that could happen.

It does disable/remove DLC, not sure about themes. All you need to do is reintall them, however.

Are you holding L or whatever to boot Menuhax?If you're booting MenuHax and it shows the glitched screen, then boots to a NAND instantly, without letting you use the HBL, it means you've got a modified boot.3dsx file that autoboots your emuNAND.
Also, I think you can't use the HBL.cia when in SysNAND for some reason, so that might be your problem.

Last I heard, the 300 limit is hardcoded to the system and can't be altered, but perhaps there is a way to change it. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something to do with themes and their length.

Yes, you can still access the eShop to update whatever. If you have FreeShop, you can usually find updates there, assuming someone has dumped the ticket for the update, which is much quicker than using the eShop.

Also, if you install a title illegally, you can still update it through the normal eShop: It only checks for updates to the title, not if you own it. You can also do repairs should you have a corrupted downloaded .cia file.

Like I said, it's in the correct language.

i can't get a custom splash screen to load.

On a9lh with luma for my o3ds xl. Stuck the bin files in the luma folder but system boots directly to the menu. What am I doing wrong?

All games differ in files, why do people like you keep asking silly question. Just like all electronics aren't the same, the similar applies to various games and their files.
I've got no idea about Waifu Shitblem files nor will I ever touch that game with a ten foot pole.
Your best bet is to unpack the game and look through the files yourself, if you don't have any programming knowledge however you won't be able to edit files anyway and again programming is not something that I can just teach you.

Where the hell did I mess up? I made 100% sure that I installed the regular version of luma.

Could I have accidentally updated to the dev version when I updated luma a few days ago? How would I go back to the regular version?

Also I can't for the life of me find DLC or game patches on freeshop. I can see base games fine, but no DLC/patches.

Any good custom themes? All the ones i
ve seen look like hot garbage

I did that, still says dev. I wouldn't have asked otherwise.

What's bad about having a dev version?

What if I do something retarded and fuck everything up because I use a dev version? I wouldn't put that past me.

Are there any cool things that aren't necessarily practical that I can do with homebrew? I'm sick of every game the system has to offer but I'm still intrigued by hacking it.

Also, last time I used the guide it had you use Health & Safety inject crap to install FBI, even though that is convoluted and unnecessary. Is it still like that even though you can just go to 9.2 after installing A9LH and Luma and use browserhax to install the FBI cia through the homebrew version of FBI?

What am I missing? I also have physical copies of SSB, Zelda ALBW, MK7, SM3DL, Kingdom Hearts, and OOT. DS games are welcome too as I have a DS flashcart.

Dev version, as the name implies, is work in progress and is not stable and can potentially fuck up.

You don't use dev versions ever unless you know you can roll back from eventual brick or similar fiasco.

My SMT4 and SMT4 Apocalypse undubs :^)

There's also that Soul Hackers undub by the other guy.

anons pls

I'd go without the translation patch and play it raw, but going by the menu the font is overly fancy which impairs my reading ability.

is Freeshop DLC compatible with physical cartridges?

Sounds good. I've never played SMT but I enjoyed Persona 4 no bully. Props on making undubs too.

Do you have the latest version of the Luma updater? Aside from that my only other guess is delete everything Luma from your SD, then re-install it manually.

Why would I bully you? I'm not one of those "no true scottsman" fags.

Yeah, it's the latest version. Still just installs the latest dev build when I select "install normal version".

I tried following this: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade

specifically:

Whic is what I did, but it's still the dev build. I'm not sure what else I could do. I don't think the luma folder has anything to do with it since it just has those payloads and the config file.

dev and normal got merged in a recent update, so it doesn't make a difference what it says, just don't enable dev settings lest you need them.

yes.

Injecting is about the only way to get it in there, and really it's not that hard or time-consuming. If you followed the guide you should already have fbi injected, at which point you can install the fbi.cia for updates.

Oh, well this explains a lot. Thanks for the clarification, now I can stop worrying about having fucked up somewhere.

would anyone be as kind as to post the list of recommended 3ds games?
i loaded up my 3ds with games chosen by the criteria of boxart and title so almost all of them turned out to be shit

Don't have the list on hand and not sure what your tastes are, but here are some I'd recommend:

Little Battlers eXperience
Monster Hunter Generations
Tales of the Abyss
Fantasy Life
Mario Luigi Dream Team
Yo-Kai Watch
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Kirby Planet Robobot

and of course any Mario/Zelda games if you like those. Mario Golf is surprisingly comfy, and Zelda Triforce Heroes can be fun online if you don't get matched up with laggers or retards.

MH4U over gen everyday

Dunno if this chart is updated or not. Also, here is a list of games I want to personally download but haven't tried.
Aeterno Blade
1001 spiker
Xeodrifter
SADAME
Radiohammer
Story of seasons
Attack of the Friday Monster
Johnny's payday panic
Moco Moco Friends
Fairune
Excave 2
Parascientific escape

I've got a .bin file and a pair of .sav files for a game the sequel to has save importing. What do I need to use these on my 3DS

Forgot chart.

Did you even read my post? I even tested it on my friend's N3DS, there is absolutely no need to use an inject, it's not even that far out of the way, just slap FBI in your 3ds folder and use it to install FBI. And besides, isn't the only reason someone couldn't do this on, say, their phone, because you need to generate an inject thing? Not that it's a big deal, but some people could find that important.

here another chart that is newer

on 9.2 yes, but if you want to put it on an emunand and not fuck with your sysnand then you're going to have an issue. And, if you're trying to inject and you already have a9lh for some reason, it's much more easily done with d9 than downgrading to 9.2.

unless you're executing custom code or ticking options you don't need, calm down.

Ace combat

Was looking through the cheat codes of the games i have on my r4i and I noticed one changes the control scheme of phantom hourglass/spirit tracks to be closer to the traditional control scheme of top-down/2d zeldas. Anybody here tried it and preferred it to controlling with the stylus?

SO

I WAS MESSING WITH THE SMT4 APOCALYPSE BETA DLCS

AND LOOK WHAT I FOUND INSIDE

u.pomf.is/uhdwqz.webm

I hate that haircut

Go make better ones then. It's not hard.
I made some themes for an user in these threads before, if you give me what you want I can probably make one.

gave up on making a LISA the painful theme when I couldn't get embed to loop nicely. Having it just cutoff like how most custom bgms do just feels wrong.

So is there a list of games that are improved by using that overclocking feature, the one that fixes Pokemon's framerate?

Serpent Consumer

I'm still using 'em by the way, currently on #1 in the rotation.

If you're an SMTfag you're going to fucking love SMT4A. I just hit the sweetspot with lore, TDEfags BTFO, Lucifer a shit, Demifiend a shit.

So I need to system update inorder to play monhun miltiplayer. do I do it? or will it mess my vidya?

Not familiar with the new guide, although using the inject is mainly out of convenience. An inject isn't removed when you do a format, which you had to do multiple times when hacking using old methods.

Exploits in general just work better run from cia installs versus 3dsx, hence why D9 and other arm9 exploit software only run from CIAs. It's all about stability.

As for cool things, well, there's always editing your home menu. Afaik you won't be able to update unless you put the vanilla home menu back in, but as long as you keep it around it shouldn't be an issue.

The reason Satan gave is why I don't use custom themes. On official nintendo themes music loops perfectly, with special begginings too, like the Rottytops theme. If something, I'd like rootytops theme the be static in the top pic, or add more Rootytops pics in the rotation, and add a moving Rottytops sprite on the bottom. BUT, the music loop will be a problem.

If you're on A9HL, go ahead and update. Read the damn thread, though.

Can't help but realize Stella Glow is missing.

I'm pretty much a newfag to all this so this might be a retarded question. I know it says to disregard .3ds but is there a way to convert that to/back to a .cia if that's all you have available?

Yes

It's also not on the FreeShop list. Once we get 11.1 able to downgrade to 9.2 I should be able to fix that though.

Although Nintendo has a record of shit security of the 3ds, it may be better to just downgrade via dsiware instead of waiting.

Any progress on DS loading?

It's there though?

Given happened, next time there's an ARM9 exploit they're totally hosed.

Yeah, but we just don't know yet if downgrading from v11+ With out hard mod or dsiware will be possible anytime soon or at all.

Impossible to do, they took the DSiware game off the eShop

What, all of them? The only one for JP consoles is gone, but there's at least 3 for other regions. Even then there's hardmods as an option, if you can get someone to do it. Arguably it's worth the expense.

Other regions don't really matter since you can't access other regions' eShops. I already have a CFW'd New 3DS, since I kept one at launch firmware from back when it launched in October 2014 just for that purpose, but to rip the titlekey for games like Stella Glow or Lost Heroes Bonus that I have on my legit 3DS, I would need to CFW it or at least be able to run Decrypt9

So I'm upgrading from a 32gb SD to a 64gb. When formatting the 64gb as FAT32, does cluster size make a big difference? Most places say use 32kb but some say 64kb cluster improves load speed.

Could have sworn I still saw one of them in the Eshop.

So, it's been one week already I think*.

Did anyone working retail get shipments of Pokemon Sun/Moon?

Why are some games missing from freeshop? Im looking for the japanese dragon quest warrior monster remakes and Tales of the Abyss. Should I just try to find the CIAs?

Here
mega.nz/#!mwci3CzJ!myLnRFW6phnY1igolnH5MGsuVw9dr_03U_21kGvGBp8

Both the DQM remakes are up on the Volafile right now.

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

hey thanks dad

Man those games were my childhood I love them so much. Should be awesome to play them again.

So many games are missing from the FreeShop due to fucking cunts who buy the games, rip them and then just chuck them up on a shitty service then behind an don't use link shorteners link.

If you can't find something, be sure that 3DSISO has 20 threads with the game stolen from the same source.

As for why, someone needs to buy them legit off eShop, then rip their titlekeys and submit them to the site. The problem is most games are way cheaper physically, so people like me only bought physical and never got much digital, so we can't contribute much to FreeShop.

Nah, we just rip titlekeys from physical copies. Only way to get titlekeys is from an eShop digital copy.

Oh I know, but makes you wonder how they get so many eShop-only titles.

Fair enough, I can only speak for myself. I've bought shit physical up to date because I like physical, and because it's so much cheaper - Bravely Second was going for 2000 yen around the middle of last year brand new, and nowadays goes for about 1000, whereas the digital version is STILL full price.

I'd like to make a grim dawn theme but a) I can't into image editing and b) How the fuck do i make a perfect loop of What Once Was
Every time i try and edit a picture, even to make a splash screen, it ends up looking kinda shit.

Man volafile has the slowest download speeds ive everseen

Try jdownloader, works with vola just fine. but yeah vola speeds are pretty shit when it comes to downloading

Bitch about Lain. It wont change anything but it might make you feel a little better.

Ok, how?

as mentioned, the games have to be bought off eshop. what he didn't mention is that Abyss is physical only and hence won't be on freeshop ever. not sure about the other title but it's possible, aside from just uploader fuckery.

lmgtfy.com/?q=.3ds to .cia

Yeah funny thing, a lot of that stuff is years old. I asked because it's an ever changing landscape and wanted to get the right end of the stick.

thats because the method has remained largely the same. Nothing has changed so there's no reason to update a working guide.

Well that's enough info to work with. Thanks, I guess.

I'm downloading a game with FBI from a .tik file, but it appears to be downloading 3 files. Are the other 2 files updates or something?

Probably

The .3ds to cia conversion has changed, namely, you can do it directly in decrypt 9 without handling any of that nonsense with xorpads and what have you. For carts you can dump direct to cia now, for conversions you can go to content decryptor > ncch > convert to cia.

Correction, most definitely

It's not updates but it's other stuff. If it's a newer game one of those is the game seed so you don't have to visit the eshop page but other than that no idea.

Yes, but something tells me he isn't converting his own carts to .cia

read the rest. for general converts go to content decryptor > ncch > convert to cia.

In other words user will be using old guides.

old guides say to use a pc and decrypting a .3ds, dumping xorpads, and making ncch headers with 3ds simple converter where you can do it directly on the 3DS without futzing with dumb garbage, reboot and install immediately.

But I don't think he's converting his own carts into .cia. Unless you're saying with 3ds decryption he can decrypt any random .3ds he puts on his sd card.

that's exactly what I'm saying. There's a seperate entry in decrypt9 for dumping your own carts under gamecart dumper settings, but in content decryptor you can convert any .3ds you have in the /files9/ folder to cia.

Threw this together in like 5 minutes, no music because I also suck at making things loop. If you like use it, if not tell me why I'm a faggot.
my.mixtape.moe/qufwxe.7z

I have a brand new N3DS, should I set up NNID or anything before installing a9lh+cfw?

You can do it after.
Actually, you probably should because you'll probably need to update to make an account.

What good is a NNID for anyways?

Oh shit that's right. Good thing I asked, thanks.

online for certain things

Like? All I know is that it's necessary to post in mii verse.

eshop

Any of those themes has a background song theme?

eshop and playing games online, though you're probably not going to use the eshop you need it for game updates too. Don't worry about it until after you get it set up though.

Bless you user. Now to unretard myself and get Decrypt9 working, which I'm guessing will have to replace Hourglass9 from the guide because it doesn't want to start in the Homebrew Launcher.

if you're on >9.2 it has to be an a9lh payload because it needs arm9 like all the other stuff. You can use it alongside hourglass9 with a different button but I just use D9 because it can do everything hourglass9 can and more anyways.

Played smash and mh4u online with out an NNID. Guess those are the outliers

Miiverse and eShop. That's all I can think of, since online play uses friend codes and the stuff in the friend tab.

Nope, the user that asked for them specifically didn't want one. If you want go and add one. Here's the files, download this github.com/usagirei/3DS-Theme-Editor and mess around with it.

my.mixtape.moe/ztivfw.7z
my.mixtape.moe/fobyuf.7z
my.mixtape.moe/zgftbh.7z
my.mixtape.moe/rirjwa.7z

Thanks man.

Yeah it's 11.1 or something.

And it worked perfectly. Thanks again.

Didn't know that about Abyss, but the DQM games are on the eShop, so if someone buys them digital it'd be possible.

jdownloader is fantastic

So if I am to understand this correctly, New 3DS devices skip Part 2 of the guide?

It will have the ability to, yes.

That's pretty crazy. It came as a surprise to me because I just hacked my old 3DS last week, and I remember part 2 of the guide covering N3DS too. Was confused for a while and had to reread the guide a second time.

I made a new vola so people can edit the name and MOTD.

volafile.io/r/BBBzZ24
3dsop / password!1
email [email protected]/* */ / password
don't fuck it up too much.

Does anyone here have Yo-kai watch 2 fleshy souls cia?
I'm sorry, I'm too retarded to bypass 3dsiso's adflys

Bite the bullet and go through the adfly to post it on the vola.

see

Also which one should I get?

here's the version differences

bony if you're a competitivefag though because of slimflam

Can I use save managers (I use JKSM) to move saves between games if the games are from other regions? Also, can I move saves from a copy of one game to another if they are on the same region?

I don't think you can move saves across regions sadly. When I moved my save from MHX to MHG I had to use a converter.

yes, just move the folders, however some games might need save converters.
Rhythm Heaven All The Best+ and Megamix had interchangable saves, but Monster Hunter and Yo-Kai Watch 2 don't.
It really depends on the game.

Had a question. Im A9LH and have been considering moving to a larger card. Is this possible?

So, before I do something silly let me check in.
I have an N3DS on 9.0 with homebrew, menuhax and ctrbootmgr which I prepared (much) earlier since I had a flashcard. There's nothing on my sysnand. From here can I install A9LH and Luma cleanly without downgrading or anything? Thanks.

Also, my SD card is only 16GB, is transfering to a larger one in the future an easy process?

I think they are still working on the N3DS sans 2.1.0 flash. It's probably coming soon so I'd wait a bit till Plailect updates his guide to reflect it.

With a9lh its as simple as copy pasting your sd card to the new one. No bullshittery like emuserfs have to deal with.

Yeah if you're using A9LH already just copy everything on your old card to your new card and you are done. No fiddling around with formatting emuNAND and re-flashing your backup with A9LH.

It's been a while since I updated my 3DS.
I'm pretty sure I have Luma and A9LH.
It should be perfectly fine to update if I have Luma+A9LH, right?

Yes.
If you arent sure. Try holding select on boot and see if Luma settings come up. Or go to settings and check if it says Sys before your version.

The guide here simply tells N3DS users to move on to step 3 without gointh though the downgrade. 2.1.0 N3DS images are also not provided on that part of the guide.

Oh.

Then yea go for it follow the guide.

updated via legit game to 9.9.2

what are my options?

I tried tried to play smash today and it asked for an update…
I played earlier this week, is it safe to update Emunand? I'm on Rxtools.

One of the Game-hax. Depending on what games you have and if you have access to another hacked 3ds.

upgrade to a9lh.

upgrade to luma, fuck a9lh

I enjoy watching your excuses disappear one by one as a9lh becomes simpler and easier to install.

How do I delete an old EmuNAND?

The time has long passed for using that. If you're on 2DS or O3DS follow the Plailect guide and switch to A9LH with Luma3DS. If you're on N3DS you can do the same but you'll probably want to hold off on it due to

Disregard this troll.

Read the OP

I'm considering switching over to Luma, but a9lh doesn't seem worth it for me.
Is it safe or not to update the emunand's cfw through system menu to the latest version?

you can always update emunand.

A9LH is pretty great, but if you hold out a while you can install it on 9.2 without downgrading to 2.1 in about 2 minutes soon. The 2.1 downgrade doesn't take very long either, though.

O3DS, mate.
On another note, embed related happened to me.
Any tips on how to handle this? A guy from a cellphone store said it's fine to use as long as it works. The battery lasts 5 minutes but I can play ok on the charger. Buying another battery will have to wait…

unscrew it, buy a new battery and replace it. That's a common issue with bad li-ion batteries. Allegedly Li-ion batteries can explode after they get like that but I've never heard of that happening, just get a replacement.

also, I wouldn't do the process until after you get a new one, but you should take the time to install a9lh, it's safer to do the 2.1 downgrade on o3ds and it's a lot faster than it used to be.

How do I make NTR work on 11.1?

github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.5

Not sure if posted, but OTPLess A9LH is out.

I'm trying to switch from RxTools to Luma3DS.
So I put the Luma3DS folder in my homebrew's 3DS folder, when trying to load it I get an error to read payload.
Do I need to remove something from the RxTools?

You need to use Luma's boot.3dsx.

Can't I load it from the homebrew menu through menuhax?

You can, same way you load any other homebrew through the homebrew menu.

The boot.3dsx in the root of the SD card should be hobrew menu's then, no?
When accessing Luma3DS from the homebrew menu I get an error to load payload.

I get this error now and then. Last time it happened was when I tried to close the 3DS. This never happened on emunand. Any ideas as to why this could happen?

Did you put Luma3DS.dat at the root of your SD card?

Bad sd reader or sd card.

the actual cfw is contained in the arm9loaderhax.bin, therefore you need to copy that to the root of your SD even if you don't use A9LH. The .3dsx just points at the .bin.

nice, not much to say about that but should be in the guide soonish, shill it to new people I guess.

download the latest bootNTR linked in op and install it, and make sure you have ntr.bin on your SD root.

Not an A9LH issue, either your SD is having trouble or your SD slot is. Arm9loaderhax can't do anything like this for the fact it doesn't matter at all after about the 5 second mark, it's done it's job and gone.

.dat was removed in the new lumas, now it's just arm9loaderhax.bin and the homebrew booter, as well as one for MSET now I believe.

Was just about to ask about this. I saw this in this guide about now but it seemed very weird and dangerous to use a a9lh thing whitout actually using it.
So how will it know that I'm not actually using a9lh?

arm9loaderhax works by executing on boot and checking for an arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card. the .3dsx will just read it like it used to read the .dat. Nothing about a9lh is dangerous, only the install process which now is so easy and short it can barely be called dangerous anymore.

The difference between a9lh and menuhax is just when it starts loading your cfw. Menuhax uses the exploit far after your 3ds has booted using an exploit in 9.2, and arm9loaderhax uses a hardware oversight to load milliseconds into boot on any version using an exploit installed on a lower version.

but no, it's not harmful, just copy it to your sd as you would before.

It's just so weird because it happened only after I installed a9lh last week on my old 3DS. The SD card is even new.

thanks, now onto update my emunand

backup your SD and do a reformat then, see if it helps.

Sounds like a good idea, I'll try that.

>the first one was decent since I played it in another language, avoiding the lolcalization

On the other side, Dragon Quest VII seems more fluid on the European version than on the American one. It needs digging.

Fluid, as in? Framerate?

Framerate, yes. I haven't reached the first battle to check it, but there's a noticable difference on the field.

Was trying to get Dragon Ball Extreme Butoden updates 1.4 and 1.5 to work with the western versions but unfortunately it's not possible.
I will never stop being salty over them not bringing those since they have two new stages, 6 new assist chars and some much needed rebalancing for everything.

I actually went through them both yesterday and they're basically identical.
The lag is caused by having your wi-fi on apparently since it keeps trying to fetch and pre-load the dungeon DLCs while you're playing.

Have you tried repacking the updates?

Yes, obviously it wouldn't be possible otherwise since EU/US versions would never read JP updates anyway.

What I did was take EU update 1.1 (which is actually equivalent to Japanese 1.3) and throw in Jap 1.4 and 1.5 content into it.
The game loads fine and goes into main menu, but the second you load save it crashes instantly. That's most likely due to differences in executable and such, it's just not doable.

Just making sure, there are some idiots around who don't know anything about what they're doing. Have you tried modifying the Japanese version to load the base content from the western releases?

On the topic, is layeredfs still the go-to for patching games and shit?

I tried that too and it's a no go.

The pack with both Gunvolts in the proper language is up on the Vola

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Hey guys, I am a little lost. Is there a good tutorial I can use for my situation?

I am currently using Emunand(the one you have to go through browserhax everytime) my Emunand is Luma Star.

Now I want to upgrade to A9LH and I am really confused about the tutorial. I also saw that there is this new method called OTPless(??)

follow part 3 of the guide linked in op.

or part 2 if you're on o3ds.

is the tutorial updated? Uses the OTPless?

Do you have an n3ds or o3ds/2ds?

both. But I am planning to upgrade my N3DS for now.

N3ds can skip downgrading, everything else can't. If you have emunand + cfw then part 1 is irrelevant.

The tutorial is updated for OTPless. on n3ds skip to part 3 on o3ds go to part 2.

TY

I haven't been in the 3DS hacking scene for awhile, I apologize for sounding retarded.

I have another question. I am currently on Emunand running Luma3DS(non A9LH), I finally able to get Freeshop working and installed Megaman X3 VC from it.

I was wondering why the frame rate is slow? I am using my N3DS.

make sure that you have clock+l2 enabled in luma settings.

cheers mate, the framerate is finally smooth..

I am actually surprised that I got megaman x3 working. Aren't I supposed to install shit on sysnand too?

SNES VC isn't that complex. GBA VC and DSiware are where that comes in because it has to load AGB_Firm and TWL_Firm respectively for those. Most VC doesn't need that. After you get A9LH set up you'll only need to install gba games once.

Didn't you install it with Freeshop? It may have done that for you.

alright. Are you on A9LH? I just want an honest opinion if its worth upgrading to A9LH.

It is. It's easy and has no drawbacks.

Its worth it.

I've been using A9LH since you had to compile your own .3dsx to install it, and I've set up about 5 different 3ds' for it as it's changed. It's very much worth it, especially now since it's so easy. You don't have to worry about menuhax sticking on the yellow screens, you don't have to worry about the gba nonsense, and it's basically like having a stock 3ds, except it loads straight into cfw.

alright kind anons.

Its just, downgrading and installing emunand back in January with 4 3ds kind of tired me already. But if its easy and almost brick proof, I think I can do it.

Thanks again. And I missed y'all and everyone from 3dscurv vola

oh but now you don't need to compile your own .3dsx shit? sounds complicated meh

Literally everything is done for you now except moving files.

now you barely have to do shit. On O3DS you still downgrade to 2.1 but you install it right then and there, and on N3DS now you have a general homebrew app you just open and hit select.

You used to have to downgrade to 2.1, dump OTP, upgrade back to 9.2, build a custom .3dsx with your otp and then use the homebrew app on the 3ds. It's jumped leaps and bounds since.

That's good to hear, Imma enjoy Freeshop first and finally upgrade to A9LH

Thanks again, kind anons!

Been in the 3ds homebrew scene since August. Curious on how the old methods before 2.1 downgrade worked. I find the discussion of security penetration interesting. Anybody got screen caps/links for this?

3DBrew is going to be your biggest resource for that, you can look around on GBATemp but most people on GBAtemp are just users asking stupid questions so I wouldn't go there first. The 32C3 talk goes over the implementation of a9lh a little but generally speaking you can look at the details on 3dbrew.

As far as it goes, as long as you're installing a9lh with an otp you have to go to 2.1. After the 3.0 update, OTP registers got locked a little while into boot. On 2.1 they left them open so it's been a matter of dumping it. When delebile first worked on his implementation of it he was doing some strange stuff with bruteforcing. I don't really know all the technical stuff behind it, to be 100% honest. Definitely look at 3dbrew for that.

topfuckingkek

new thread

Updating and using Sysnand is vastly more preferable than Emunand, especially with A9LH where there's 0 risk of brick since you can restore at any time.

topfuckingkek

Is translation the same as in the american version? Or is it actually better?