Xbone One "S" controller

New PC gaming controller candidate. Has anyone tried or held one?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_gun#Light_gun_models
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You have no power here shill.

Nothing wrong with the DS4

Remember the shitshow that was the xbone elite controller, dont ever forget it

It's the same exact shit that the Xbone launched with. Sticky triggers and buttons galore

Sticks still in the wrong positions

Bitch, that's the one thing Microsoft got right.

I like it better than the 360 controller

there's going to be sticky buttons, the analogs are going to drift, and be flimsy, just like the $150 dollar one.

But does it still work with batteries?

The shape is the same, but there are a couple minor improvements over the original controller.

The main thing is that it has Bluetooth built in so you don't need their silly adapter dongle in order to hook the controller up wirelessly.

There is a grip on the underside of the controller that feels pretty nice. The sticks are a little bit tighter. The bumpers can be easily pressed from near the middle of the controller, where originally they could only be presssed on the outside edge.

I just use my ps3 controller with a usb cable
I dont like wireless shit especially because you gotts charge it

Shoo shoo viral marketer

Jesus, two shit colors on a shit controller. It's like a cavalcade of shit!

Hold your tongue you mongrel

Wired 360 is still the best overall, even with the shit dpad.

Hell, even the 360 pad is better ergonomically.

Don't talk shit about orange.

But yeah, combined they look like shit.

Were you trying to prove his point for him?

I own both an Xbone pad and a Logitech F310. I prefer to use the Xbone one for everything except emulation. The buttons on the F310 aren't all that great, and the deadzones for the analogs are weird.

You're an idiot if you think the dualshock sticks are how they should be. Why would you want a secondary stick being in the default thumb rest position rather than the four face buttons? How many games use 'dual sticks' set up over 'left stick and buttons' set up?

absolutely disgusting

just get some xb360 controllers they're cheap now anyways and have way better color schemes

What happened to the """"""""elite"""""""" controller. Fuck that shit, I use the ds4.

That color scheme looks too weird.
Isn't this one of those "make your own" xbone controller people can design and order?

The standard controller works just fine, though. The triggers don't stick, either, I don't know where that came from. If you were that easily scammed into an "elite" controller, I don't know what to tell you.

Looks like NIKEiD applied to game controllers. It might be good if you're into that sort of thing, but I'd wait until drivers come out for Windows 7 and GNU/Linux.

What is the point of this shit? I need a cheap one, not a fancy one. This is probably going to cost a shitload of money. I just stick to the 360 controller.

Well, that's a wasted opportunity there. I just wish they had more games coming up for it than Halo Wars 2, and I'm sure they'll let 343 find a way to ruin that one.

Nah, I got this instead. Works like a charm for everything but racing games due to the lack of analog triggers.

I wish more games would use the vibrations on the triggers.

Lemme guess: you're a faggot.

have they improved the d-pad? no?
not interested.
i still have 2 good controllers that were $20 each and work very well.

I got a DS3 and it's alright except it's too lightweight and small. Mine also has some mad stick drift but it's pretty old too.

I used to have a 360 one and preferred the triggers, face buttons, sticks, and ergonomics but the dpad and bumpers were shit. I also tried a Steam controller and I liked the back bumpers a lot but it didn't really have anything else going for it.

I probably won't switch out the DS3 until it breaks though since I'm not too picky when it comes to controllers.

Yup. The DPad just can't work in that position.

The original Xbone controller didn't have wireless by default? Seriously? They couldn't do something that Sony did in 2006?

wer kan i downlod sum of dem contrulers

I own one

Controllers this gen really sucked.

Thanks Doc

XBox controller was shit for PC use, and I'm sure the XBone is just as bad.

Is a controller with an emphasis on the d-pad too much to ask?

This.

DS4 is a very versatile PC controller. It can be used wireless or wired, d-input or x-input (DS4Windows) & the touchpad or gyro can be used as mouse.

Only bad aspect is the battery sucks, but you can replace it with a better one. I also hear people tear off the rubber on the joysticks, but I don't know how roughly you're handling the thing to do that because it never happened to me. My only real gripe that cannot be addressed is that I'd personally prefer if the joysticks were more stiff.

I have that for my Wii U & I don't like the arrangement. The buttons & d-pad are too close together thus feel awkward to use. When I played Yoshi's Woolly World instead of using the d-pad for movement (since YWW has no analog movement) I found myself using the joystick all the time since the distance of the joystick from the buttons including the shape of the controller felt far more comfortable. It's very lightweight, has no rumble. It's battery life is very good likely because of it's lack of frills.

Still better than the Wii U gamepad. People told me the gamepad was comfy, but they must have small hands or something because over time it hurts my right hand pretty bad. The gampad shape is no good for me. The Wii U Pro controller doesn't cause that though. Aside from cramped d-pad it's better than the gampad.

Dualshock 4 still trumps both irregardless of the lack of Nintendo d-pad for simple fact of having analog triggers for racing games & gamecube games. It's the best all-around controller I have found because of aforementioned versatility:

If it needs a hack, it's not "versatile" out of the box. Then again, Xinput is an abomination and should not exist.

Pffffft hahah

You can whinge about it all you like. It's not going away & being able to use both d-input & x-input is indispensable since many MANY games are already set up to use x-input. In worst case scenario certain actions will ONLY use x-input.

PCfags have been using joy2key & xpadder on PC for fucking ages since the beauty of PC is to have options, but of course those options "don't count" for the sake of dismissing the usefulness of a device. :^)

The support behind a device, official or unofficial, DOES MATTER a great deal.

DS4 user here. I've also tried the cheap Chinese (Buffalo) SNES knockoff, it's alright.

Suppose I'd be inclined to try out a Microjew controller since I game on Wangblows, and the DS4's shoulders wear out easily.

Well I do have big hands. So far the wii u pro is one of the few controllers that is able to sit comfortably in my hands without giving me cramps. I still haven't tried DS4 for more than 30 mins. I might give it a shot if i got spare currency.

Or you can just use mouse + keyboard, faggot.

Is this the one that is in the design lab that has built in bluetooth? I was going to order one but those faggots wouldn't let me get pink everything. Why the fuck can't microsoft do anything right?

I like the pro controller. The D-pad works fine for me, and I have pretty average-sized hands. I use it on my PC for emulation of everything from NES up through GameCube. I find it absolutely most comfortable.

I think that the Wii U Gamepad could have been good, but it's uncomfortable just because it's flat on the back. There are no grips, so holding it means holding your fingers out straight or digging your fingertips into the flat hard plastic on the back.

I don't have a PS4 or a DS4, but I used the DS3 all the time for PC games, and I really did like it a lot, though I like the Pro Controller more. The DS4 looks really good, especially with the trackpad, which would enable me to do everything I need to to play emulated games from my couch, but I hear that the Linux support is spotty at best, so I've been holding off on buying one.

The analogs also suck, even when compared to the 360 controller.

And the dpad sucks compared to the DS2.

Yeah, but that's besides the point. I like the color pink.

I don't have an opinion. The first and only console I've used actively was a famicom. That had a d-pad. Anything with analog controls to me is foreign and I end up not understanding how to utilize it properly. I just use good old keyboard.

Who introduced these abomination things called triggers? It's like they are asking for a fist in their face. Terrible concept and application with only terribad games that can use it.

The dreamcast

Although to be technical the second Sega Saturn controller had them first. But nobody cared about the Saturn, and it was after the original one released.

They are good for racing games. Or at least not as awful as the pressure-sensitive face buttons of the PS2.

And to be REALLY technical the first controller that had a trigger was probably the NES Zapper.

I didn't even know this was a thing on PS controllers until last year.
I'll cry the day my trusty old PS2 controller breaks.

Then buy the fucking controller made for it instead of ruining it for the rest of us. Shit genre for shit tastes since driving in circles must feel so good when autism kicks in gear 6.

gamecube and xbone controllers have superior analog stick placement to dual shock

Is this still the best controller to own?
I want something to use for PC that's good for modern games and emulating older consoles and PS2

It's a catch 22. Too good to use but will end up rusty if not used or damaged if used regularly.

Unless you are going to use the d-pad it is one of the best controllers

What if I want to use it?

Then you'll need to be very precise because it's easy as fuck to accidentally press 2 buttons at the same time on it.

Is there any good controller with analog sticks that also has a better d-pad than the xbox 360?

Might as well show them that you're missing a chromosome or two before sharing your gene. Who else likes racing anything other than rednecks and arabs?

The d-pad is shit so if a game requires heavy use of the d-pad its going to suck, not talking about when games use the d-pad like the souls games but when you are playing a 2d platformer that uses the d-pad instead of the sticks.

the "d-pad" is actually a hat switch. Its not even a clever hat switch like on the sony controllers where they hide it under the casing.

Ah really? Because my DS3 battery nearly exploded and had to be replaced in less than a year. Meanwhile my DS4's LED bar is only on when it's pairing or charging.

We just had this thread.

That's cute, faggot.

I hate the DS4, sure it handles way better than the previous Dualshocks but the light bar serves no real purpose, same goes for the other gimmick: the touch pad, the battery is fucking bad (can't play more than 3 ou 4 hours between charges), shitty quality sticks (I replaced them with those from my broken Xbox One controller).

The fact that it's not a DS3.

I like the xbox one controllers design, it really feels a bit better than the xbox 360 one and that one was already near perfect. But what I hate about it is that it is so light weight. I am not used to carrying something that light.

Why the hell would you need that?

At least with DS4Windows (Jayz2kings fork) you can disable the godawful touchpad and light bar.

but wer can me download sum of dem cointrollers?

Garbage D pads though.

get a saturn pad. You'll love it.

I can't fucking stand the light bar. Why the shit aren't I allowed to turn it or off or even change the colour? Blue light is bad for you at night, and burning my eyes out every time I tilt the controller up is not a feature that's worth dramatically reducing the battery life. I can't even turn it off, despite the fact that I'm not even using the camera or sensor or whatever that tracks it.

I love my Steam Controller. Seems it's not really popular here.

where's the d-pad?

WHEN WILL THIS END

Great! Being the hipster I am, I always wanted to get my hands dirty on a pad that would truly match the putrid color palette of my favorite walking simulator… seriously though, Microsoft, vid related.

Bought one of these for my PC. When I noticed it works perfectly on both Windows and Linux, I got myself a second one. I like how it feels (even though I wish that the analog sticks would be slightly stiffer) and the weight is perfect too. But like said: the d-pad is subpar.

They ended up switching the rubber and now the problem is fixed. I don't know why the battery would be an issue when you can just leave it plugged in. I'm only sitting a couple of feet away from my computer anyways.

Yeah I tried the xbone for about five minutes until I got fed up with those triggers. It's like there's no resistance in them and they press too easily, hell most of my presses were on accident from the inner part of my pointer resting on the side of the controller. Returned that shit within the hour of buying it.

How is it?
I dont know if I should try it out or not

I personally love it. The great thing is how customizeable it is. If you go watch Woodsie's videos about it on YouTube, it can be adapted to play nearly any game (not great on every one though). While it definitely isn't for everyone, I think it's a large step in the right direction.

Nowadays I pretty much use it for everything that would normally be played with a controller.
Combine that with the Steam Link and I never use consoles anymore. My PS4 is a glorified Netflix machine.

Can someone thats not a dirty shill tell me hows the Steam controller?

Aha really? I saw idiots scrambling to buy one at full price as soon as it would come in stock somewhere.

It's like they saw the Dualshock 3 triggers and thought "Yes, we need to emulate those"

Good luck having anything other than the 360 pad working with non-AAA titles.

Maybe you should take my statement with the context I posted it in, faggot.

Let me re-phrase that so you don't whine about shilling: Combine the Steam Controller with some way to play on your TV, either by using an HTPC or something similar, and you eliminate the need for consoles completely.

Also fuck you.

I have racing games, but even I admit they can be relaxing and beautiful to look at. At the end of the day, you've driven a nice car which is a sane western interest not unlike using guns.

hate

Unless you want to dive into steam's ecosystem I don't see why you wouldn't just buy an xbox or a third party gamepad. If the retarded nigger devs would properly support third party gamepads I wouldn't even recommend an xbox controller.

It's a little bit fiddly, but there's x360ce and a bunch of alternatives. Although I had issues with a couple of indie games.

Wasn't there an issue that you can't use it for anything that isn't on steam?

What kind of fucking hands do you have that having your thumb on the face buttons on a Dualshock is a chore? With either a hexbox controller or a Dualshock my thumbs rest naturally on the left analog stick and face buttons.

I rarely use it. It's good for playing KB&M games with a controller for sure. I know some people use it for FPS games like CSGO, etc, but I just cannot get used to the touchpads to play anything requiring much accuracy. The hardware is great and the configurability is awesome it's just hard to get used to.

Apparently you just need to add the game to Steam and it will work fine.

I dont want to use for shit thats betes on a KB+M.
How well does it work for games that are mostly controller dependent?

Big Picture Mode's necessary for you to use controller profiles, from what I remember.

Bitch please

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_gun#Light_gun_models

F310 uses both DirectInput and XInput.

You are off by a whole decade.

Those sights actually look decent. Is that a fucking elevation adjustment? kek

Why disable it? Put a neat decal over it & change the LED to whatever color you want using DS4Windows.
A big light that you can make whatever shape or color you want only adds to the versatility IMO.

May I interest you in some top-of-the-shelve speed holes for your car, good sir?

The launch Xboner controller felt great, too bad the D-Pads keep breaking.

bruh booty wer kan me download one of dem controllars?!