Diablo

This game isn't fucking around. Should I go back to Horror and suffer my way past diablo eventually, or stay in Purgatory and suffer forever?

Also, Diablo thread

Other urls found in this thread:

freeablo.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't think you can get legit copy of Diablo anywhere other than amazon and the like.

That's what pissed me off so much about the whole ordeal. It was an online purchase, and the description read "Diablo + Expansion pack". I made the assumption it actually meant Diablo 1 + Hellfire, and it turned out to be D2 + LOD.

Anyway, that's the copy I used to setup my private bnet and D2 server so I guess it wasn't a complete waste. It also came with a sweet guide that lists all the classes' set pieces and bonuses.

Well, both Blizzard and normalfags seem to like to pretend the first diablo never happened, so it makes sense "diablo" would automatically translate to "diablo 2" in their minds.

Is the game really that hard or was he just under geared? I don't mind difficult but bullshit difficult is another story. Also I reinstalled D2 recently and remembered how shit I was. Tried the old build I used as a kid and I just can't keep up for whatever reason. Any "easy" build that's effective for someone who wants to get back into the swing of things? Was running poison Necro, working towards a novamancer but anything larger than 2 packs would steamroll me. inb4 shit, I know I'm bad at games but it's still a fun game and I'll take whatever advantage I can to enjoy it again.

Eh its a bit like duriel

It is much harder than most games today, and, by my reckoning, harder than D2. But it's fun, especially with the Hell mod. The layout varies enough as to not be repetitive, the mobs change every time you do a new run, and the game keeps being challenging but possible most of the time except most bosses, who will rape your ass raw

The Butcher is designed to do a few things.

Diablo 1 doesn't have any DRM except a CD check, so someone could've burned a CD for you to play it.

You can also get the Butcher stuck in the little alcove on the stairs to level 3, and then shoot arrows over the backside of it. I learned that one a couple of months ago.

That was my plan. Buy it and share it for the LAN party, but it backfired.

Will we ever get Diablo on a newer engine?

There's all those open sores versions of shit games yet there's no OpenDiablo or whatever.

I just played Diablo 1, 2 weeks ago I patched it to the latest version and I never encountered the butcher. The guy outside the cathredal wasn't there.

Each time you start a new game the pool of quests is randomized

Ah so I just didn't get it? What a shame.

Correct. You can always "Start New Game" with your character to try it again; Butcher is very common.

There's also the stolen tavern sign, poisoned well water, meteoric rock, gharbad the weak, and a few others that are in the upper levels.

Unless you set your computer clock to 2039. Then Diablo 1 is no longer random except for shop items, but I haven't played through on that setting to see what quests are available.

Also, in my game, the gossip of the townspeople only changes when I start a new game. Is that normal?

How is Median XL? The last thread gave some mixed posts so I started playing the regular LoD game.

The Butcher introduces the concept of using doors strategically. There is a reason the Butcher is iconic.

I remember when opening his door caused a lag spike as the computer loaded his sound queue, so you had to click really fast to shut it again.

freeablo.org/

Don't know if it's already working, just found it after a quick search.

B-but why?

it's diablo 2 with even more shit to loot, craft, and beat up

pick vanillia Median for balanced gameplay and Ultimative for even more content

yeah, you should be careful about that, almost made that mistake.

any mods to add a succubus full HD companion?

edge of the map is a bit fucky.

Seems barely active.