Lets get some things straight

Lets get some things straight.

Quantic Dream has got to be one of the most cancerous fucking game developers out there, incredibly tryhard hacks who can't write for shit and Beyond Two Souls was one of the biggest pieces of shit I ever played.

That being said this trailer is incredibly well made, Kara's actor is really good, the guy's subpar but it still doesn't detract from this. The whole thing gave me chills.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for futuristic dystopias like that, but I actually kinda want to play Become Human. Is their any chance for a PC release?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch.tv/toooldforgaming
youtube.com/channel/UCpk5PxXdS8BAwjimIZYdfgA
reddit.com/submit?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy44s_de15Y
my.mixtape.moe/ohkgyi.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

don't get your hopes up ;_;

This guy is right, Quantic Dream may be shit but there are much MUCH worse devs out there.

Clearly the writing of auteur David Cage is too abstract for you.

The whole AAA industry is utterly diseased. It's past the point where quantifying has any meaning.

If only David "I wish I was Japanese" Cage would learn proper story pacing and not wasting the entire game on useless drama-filled shit, he wouldn't be a hack.

Still looking forward on his next game for the memes it will bring.

Tired and cliche. Why make your robots slaves capable of anything remotely resembling free will? Hell the only thing that would work in that scenario are sex robots and even then you wouldn't make them capable of saying no as that would defeat the point. Like if you make a hypothetical butler robot, why make him look human or better yet if you need to to market the guy why make it have anything resembling free will and emotion. All it needs to do is clean, cook, and possibly serve you drinks why give it emotions and free will? Maybe make it have a couple of canned responses to the shitty kids you might leave with it but still that's Chinese Room shit at best not true AI.

That's like giving your toaster an AI? How is the ability to recognize itself gonna make it better able to toast toast?

Ubisoft are just lazy and unprofessional, you're absolving much worse companies by treating them like they're the gold standard for cancer.

You can't say this without suggesting me the things that preceded it that made it tired and cliche.

If were playing "cancer olympics" then it's EA. EA always wins.

ALSO "one of the most cancerous" does not mean "THE MOST"

It's shit.
Insant conciousness, moralizing crap.

Don't forget: Quantic Dream developed Omicron the nomad soul.

Do you want a literal list of things that do the whole 'I might be a robot but I'm still human, on the inside' shtick? Like an actual list?

I honestly couldn't tell you since there are just too many things that have done it, especially in relation to cyberpunk. Really there are just better things out there especially if you want to do the whole 'what is a man' thing. Like why hasn't anyone done a literal genetic underclass like Brave New World did? That's way better than some idiots in the future thinking that giving toasters and washing machines sentience was a good idea.

I mean Fallout 4's central plot was muh robo slavery, that should tell you how cliche that whole theme is but it was pretty lame way before that too.

Suggested reading/wattching/playing of games that do the theme well. I mean, you aren't just blowing out of your ass right now, user?

Dave Cage is just a worse Kojima, a guy who wants to make movies but can't get into it so he makes shitty games instead

Call me a faggot all you want but I'm still right, they're almost exactly the same:

-Amazing trailers
-More story than actual gameplay
-Same nonsensical plotline design
-Game is there to serve the story, not the story serves the game

I have no fucking idea why anyone likes Quantic Dream/David Cage's games. The guy is literally even worse than Ken Levine

Why would I do that when you're posting truths.

People get severely ass pained if you dare talk down about their god Kojima

Reality is Kojima just has better game designers working on his team that can make somewhat of an actual game, if he was just as pretentious as David Cage was with his storylines he still wouldn't get the same flack because like I said, his games actually contain some fun gameplay

I rank Ken above Kojima because Bioshock is more game than story

Except Infinite, that whole game while a functional shooter could be tossed into a dumpster fire

Isaac Asimov in general (The guy who made the three Laws of Robotics)
Virtues Last Reward (Chinese room bit)
Blade Runner (Obvious here)
Astro Boy (Seriously)
Star Trek: The Next Generation (Data is literally a robot that wants to understand what it means to be human)
The Iron Giant (An alien robot that sacrifices itself to protect humanity)
Binary Domain (Literally about robots masquerading as humans)
Snatcher

There was this one anime I can't for the life of me remember that was about a cafe for androids and humans which was pretty good.

Hell I'd say Brave New World since it does the whole literal genetic underclass thing.

Seriously though the Megaman franchise does that shtick too. That's how long we've been doing the "I'm a robot on the outside, but inside I'm a human"

I mean if you want the ethics of robotics then go through Isaac Asimovs short stories. Then compare it to this trailer.

Keep in mind I'm a sci-fi pleb there is more out there, both shit and good. Overall using AI as an allegory for slavery is just a lame theme in general considering all of the existential questions that it brings up. Which is the point I was making here

Like you go into Infinite, and the whole world is alive and full of people, shit starts, city is now empty

And that's Infinites problem, the story makes no sense because its setting makes no sense because the setting tries to imply the story makes sense

Its like being asked "The chicken and the egg" question except there is no chicken but an egg, and then being asked to prove the chicken exists

And then the fucking moron admits it on reddit "I got no idea what I was writing I just thought it sounded cool" which made me hate the game even more, it was a sequel simply to sell a sequel and so little thought was put into it its embarrassing

I'll never stop using this picture, even this doesn't get all the other shit the story does wrong

Quantic Dream isn't that bad, it's just that they have troubles with certain story elements.
Fahrenheit was really interesting in the beginning, and it ended with a matrix style fight with the internet.
Heavy Rain did most things right aside from cutting out the supernatural element. If your character gets killed that's it, the character is dead and the story continues without him. Few devs have the balls to do that.
Beyond two souls was shite.
Become human looks promising, I don't see celebrity actors, and they even show a path tree just to let you know what kind of game this is.

The trailer is ultimately stupid because she had to be programmed to feel fear/sadness/loss/self worth

You can make a realistic child robot and have it start pleading for its life if you tried to turn it off etc "Don't erase my memories!"

Make this same lady into that 200ton earth mover robot from the Astroboy CGI movie and this shit falls completely on its face because without a scared sounding female voice/form this shit loses 99.99999% of its impact

Name one. Fucking name one.

"Hi I'm a serial killer who wants to find a father who will do anything for their son and now that I found him I'M GOING TO BLOW HIS FUCKING BRAINS OUT"

so when will i dick kara?

I actually did

i'm not to sure wether to call you a faggot or congratulate you on admitting to buying gta 5 and possibly heavy rain

Didn't buy Heavy Rain, I was streaming and somebody suggested it so I watched and it was my reaction

so it's not your video?
even worse post link

That is indeed my voice and me laughing, the original is called like Heavy Rain Clutz edition

And I've not streamed in ages but I plan to in a few days so I can do GTA 5 Redux since I've never played the Single player story more than I think an hour or so

twitch.tv/toooldforgaming

I'm not a comedian, I just need something funny to laugh at

The trailer implies that it's an error. That the robot was accidentally programmed to become self aware, which kinda makes sense. If some wire was short or just the right amount of fucked up the robot could function. The trailer is ultimately vague and leaves it up to the person watching about what exactly happened but personally I think they're programmed to simulate emotions to avoid the uncanny/creepy aspect of it but some of them genuinely experience those emotions.

As somebody who has just played Metal Gear Solid fully for the first time, at least it has some cool boss fights. David Cage's 'games' literally may as well be indie movies.

The fact is they made the character as feeble/innocent sounding as possible to invoke a reaction more out of instinct than compassion

If this was a ugly homeless man with boils all over his face it loses almost all its impact

Tezuka's version of Metropolis is pretty good at playing the "third class citizen" stuff with robots.

And that doesn't make any sense.

Why would they produce what is supposed to be a mass produced product look ugly? I mean, no one wants to hate this thing more than me, but you're literally nitpicking.

"Robots rebelling against their masters because they develop free will" is the plot to 'R.U.R.' from 1920, the first fictional work ever to feature androids, and the origin of the term 'robot'.

I just want to play this game because it's a quantic dream game.
I had so much fun messing around with beyond two souls, indigo prophecy, and heavy rain with my friends.

David cage is just a clown now

Stop being a shit and make more YMS videos, Adam.

Why don't you DMCA it then? :^)
Tell me your channel or I will bully you.

Imagine being the poor fucker who bought some expensive fuckrobot because he couldn't get laid, only to discover it wouldn't let him fuck it because muh feelings and Chad next door being hotter.
I'd send it back on warranty. Fuck artificial intelligence with female feelings. Fuck female feelings.

That's just about every robot/ai/replicant movie.

Not laughing so hard any more I see.

He didn't monetize it so its not a big deal

Long as its making people laugh the point of the video has been accomplished

Not much on my channel because I spent the last 3+ years nursing my mother back to health

That and the two games I picked so far to upload while amazingly fun there is not much to say about them while playing because shit just constantly blows up

Why I need to return to streaming, I do better when I can interact with other ppl

And I have to do shit like hire somebody to make a header etc for me youtube.com/channel/UCpk5PxXdS8BAwjimIZYdfgA

That video was really funny, I don't really laugh at much either. There's some guy in the comments saying he's watched 750,000 videos and it's one of the best ones he seen.

Like I said I always do better interacting with others

Thanks, have some more ;D

On a scale of 0 to 420, how stoned are you when you do these?

Zero

I know, its hard to believe

No it's not a good trailer.

Assuming that emotions were actually "programmed" in, and not just emergent properties of an artificial mind who's design was based on reverse engineering the human brain - since qualia isn't something we can remotely conceive of programing with any known traditional programming language - at least, not with any degree of adaptability or utility - nor can any system we have any idea where to begin building can run at the capacity for the power usage of the human brain.

And it's not like we won't want robots to display realistic emotions, especially those in domestic roles or being used as fuck-bots.

A few years ago, MIT researchers were playing around with an AI they built with visual processing based on the operation of the human visual cortex. Turns out, it fell for the same optical illusions as people do.

“If you build machine vision systems that perform similarly to humans, you should expect them to be subject to the same illusions.”

If we were trying to build an AI from scratch, that'd be one thing… but once you start designing AIs modeled after the operation of the human brain, with a goal for emulating human behavior to fit in better in human work environments, then it's not nearly as much of a leap to suggest that human equivalent qualia and sentience could arise from that AI.

We don't work on magic either…

This trope needs to die. They're robots. Unnatural "life".

from the makers of heavy rain omikron

It's too low-res to see what you're laughing at, what did they say?

I had the chat off to the side, they kept posting meme's, pictures, jokes, supafly said he was eating rice and spit it everywhere etc

What a shit video. I came in here because of the thumbnail. Such a disappointing video…

FIrstly, fuck you, shill.

Second, this isn't a game. it's a movie. It's a heavy-handed movie at that. Not one I'd be quick to go and check out. It's the kind of thing that's be done, and done better. Nothing about this preview brings anything intriguing to the table. Not given any incentive to care about the focus character as anything other than a defective machine because the actual foundations of the scene reads entirely wrong. There's no discovery, just a machine list of a half-dozen objects to tick off (I can sing, dance, fuck, babysit, cook, clean, balance books, and also I'm entirely sentient & cognizant like a human being for literally no fucking reason at all now swallow this & pretend it moves you).

And again, it's not a game. I doubt I have any range of choice or agency in this "game" at all, so why the fuck should I even remotely bother pretending my money is worth exchanging for this tripe?

$10 is the current going price for a movie ticket and that's the most this "game" deserves to be priced at.

Saging because this is a shill thread.

Ah right. You should really get on stuffing the tags of anything you upload, adding channel art and getting some dank custom video slides. Do you put anything in your tags? You should have seen some growth rather than 30 views or so.

Yeah I just took your advice and did so

I still need to hire somebody to make a channel header etc for me

Original if you want

Well at least Ubisoft makes games, not interactive movies.

This is a universe in which apparently a simple mistake can give a drone free will, which implies that the amount of computational power needed to power a simulated mind is trivial. There's no way to compare the scientific knowledge of that universe with ours.

Wild ARMs - The most compassionate and go-hard character in the game was a fucking android the entire time and no one knew the goddamned wiser until the twist more than two-quarters in the game. Which is an actual GAME. Existential anxieties and moral questions were part and parcel of the entire ordeal. There's also a humanizing plot thread involving giving a living, breathing weapon a full-out choice to help save the world or continue sleeping. That coupled with the climax of the story turns what should be a side prop into a genuinely powerful character.

Cage needs to go back to basics if he's going to try this shit. A campy break-out western fantasy beat him at it by damn-near a good 20 years.

Stopped reading there.

No, it doesn't make sense.
It cannot come from a programming error, given that everything (hardware included) has to be built to support it.

How do you go from "if you hear X phrase or see Y facial expression, change to facial expression Z" to actual emotion?
Because that's why simulating emotions is. Superficial. Visual.

I just want know what voodoo bullshit Cage pulled to keep making shit, like his career should have ended at Omikron for being a giant piece of shit game.

And yet he fucking continued making THREE, now FOUR, other high budget games. Each more shit than the last, and somehow having actual goddamn actors on board too.

He makes a good couple of levels to show off the potential which wins over the suits. They give him the green light and he makes what he makes. Then they show off those good couple of levels in the press to win customers over.

glad to see youre still around NCbro

I 'ope zat you will enjoy all the shower and sex scenes I 'ave included in zis game.

If nozing else I am sure zat ze combo and cucking scenes will please you.

S'il vous plaît, regardez avec impatience.

But anons
Emotions

You may be best off purging your playthroughs and anything that isn't already gold, since youtube will judge your account based on videos already uploaded and how many views they get, but at the same time it judges it off upload regularity. It may be worth finding somewhere full of youtubers with experience if you need to do this or not, but having 100 vids and 30 subs could work against you and have you stuck in a ditch.
Check out how many times the reupload has been linked to on reddit, this is probably how a lot of the views were gained:
reddit.com/submit?url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy44s_de15Y
You're sitting on a potential goldmine with that laugh.

From what I remember 800,000 views would get you $800 monetized. I can whip up some channel art for you if you have any idea what you want.

But why isn't the rest of the game just as good? Like the first two levels of Indigo Prophecy are interesting, but then bug spirits, DBZ fights, and psychic mind battles with the internet.

Same with Heavy Rain, and beyond. Heavy Rain was almost good until the twist made the entire game shit. Beyond felt like he wasn't even trying, just relying on Green Goblin, and Hamburger phone to pick up the slack with talent.

Just goddamn. I wish I was able to just make whatever the fuck I want, with no repercussions.

To add to skyoshock.txt…

Problem is I have no idea what I would like for a channel header other than the title of the channel

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of channels only end up with decent headers that aren't titles because they cultivate a character, or my personal favourite, an infinitely better looking drawing of themselves.

What sort of tags have you been using in your vids? If you end up with anything like the Heavy Rain clip again you should definitely shill yourself on reddit.

Channel is full of heavy rain like clips

Its hard to say what I am as a character, other than "Bearded fat man loves fun things"

Here's the thing - it is very possible for someone who wanted to be a movie director to make "cinematic" games, and have them not be shit. It's not very bloody likely, but it is at least possible.
All that's required is that their game has some fucking gameplay that's fun and makes the player feel like either their choices are affecting the story, or their skill is allowing them to progress against stacked odds.

The thing most "failed director" type devs forget is that vidya requires that extra interactive dimension to be entertaining. Kojima at least somewhat gets it, and his games often feature lots of innovative mechanics, even if they don't all mesh well.
David Cage, however, is fucking hopeless. I'd call him an imbecile, but I'm pretty sure he actually has a form of brain damage or autism that prevents him from understanding basic concepts.

Optimistic! I just meant something to tide you through since all I do is fuck about in Illustrator with vectors and make MSPaint memes. I can change the colours if you want though.

Dimensions for YT channel art is too big, so I'm dropping my mixtape
my.mixtape.moe/ohkgyi.png

Thanks, this all free to use?

I'll remember you always, until I get rich and famous and I act like I did it all myself and everyone is beneath me =D

I don't understand why this is funny. Nothing he says corresponds to what's in the video as far as I can tell.
What the fuck does "oi get in the fish" mean?

What's the point of sex bots if you can't rape them?

Just watch a LP on JewTube when it releases.

I had just watched this

Sure man, go wild.

Remember the tags!

Also that image I posted won't work (and the border is off, flaring up my autism), use this.

I can see how that might have been funny in the late 90s.

Its quiet easy to make me laugh at funny stuff

Hell I'm a hoers picture reduced me to tears for a minute when somebody posted it in chat

Love you papa TOFG.
Your WebMs in the WebM threads never fail to make me laugh, loved that retarded clip in The Division.

haha, yeah, The Division after they made it "Better" by reducing all your damage to dog shit and the minimum of at least half of every enemy force is grenadiers

That could have been a really clever short, if the twist was that the whole thing was a rountine emotional response test that every android on the production line goes through, and they're supposed to think they're alive or at least act that way. As is, it's just cliched and a little dumb. Robots magically forming self awareness for no reason other than that they're special, has been played out since Short Circuit.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou?

Maybe you are mixing things up but you might be thinking of death parade, they werent exactly androids but you can easily confuse them for one

Schrodingers chicken?

everything after MG2 was a shit movie.

He's talking about Eve no Jikan.

I think I saw the BD on amazon not too long ago. I was considering buying it as it looked interesting.

just pack your things and leave to tumblr already

god I hate THE ROBOTS IS HUMANS NOW stories.
just dumb as a stack of bricks.

Okay.

It's not a trailer.

It was, at the time, a tech demo.

Which is a minor element of the whole thing. There is a difference between "works of media that involve this" and "works of media that CENTER around this" that I don't think either of you get.

That's literally how human emotions work. We see things happen and it causes chemical responses in our brain. We react to what's going on outside. Another user brought up Isaac Asimov earlier and Becoming Human is literally ripping right from his lore.

In the Foundation books the history of robots was that they became so advanced that they were indistinguishable from actual humans which was entirely on accident by the human's part. They essentially made a brand new species that were capable of self replicating by making new robots that were fully capable of all human emotions and thought.

That is nothing like how emotion, or the brain in general, works. And that's one of the reasons why you can't just program an artificial mind like you would program a computer and have it output emotion.

I hated this trailer. Maybe if the man talking was actually the Allied Master Computer, then I'd be on board with the possibility of spending the money / energy to create a human robot and have it shovel shit.

Everything he makes has a premise he takes from somewhere else, and that's about the only good thing he does.

Takes 2 seconds for the stories he stitches up from better written novels to go bananas and end in a barfshitpissfuck fest of a finale with an outcome that wither you see coming from a mile away, or take the most bonkers approach because no one would expect it.

expect blade runner, Bicentennial Man, Transcendence, I Robot, and mainly Ex Machina meshed together in what will ensue an absolute abortion of a narrative.

Here, if the game ends up being remotely disimilar to what i'm about to type i owe you all a beer:

Done, where's my paycheck David?

MACHINES ARE NOT HUMAN, WILL NEVER HAVE RIGHTS, AND ANYONE WHO ADVOCATES FOR THE PRECEDING WILL BE SLAUGHTERED LIKE THE FUCKING DOGS THEY ARE.

If a machine mind is indistinguishable from a human mind, it is a person.

But a roomba doesn't need to have a mind. Iain M. Banks came out with a perfectly good system for all of this; the intelligence scale.

Learn what words mean before you use them, you cocksucking faggot. We’re people. Machines are not people.

when you're so much of a faggot you can't comprehend a simple sentence

people always sperg out like
when they see this because they realize if we can be recreated they're not as special as they think they are

No, it goes beyond that. There's more than just a simply muscle twich.
You might as well argue that if I make a 3D model that smiles when the camera detects you smiling, that the 3d model is experiencing emotion. It is not. There is no understanding behind it.

True AI is so far beyond our reach, humanity will probably never make it.
A computer program is a deterministic system. The human brain is not. There is no AI made. At best, we have Expert Systems.
Back when I was in college (computer sciences), a top AI expert was invited for talks. Before his lecture and my talk with him, I thought as you. But he made it quite clear just how monumental a task that would be and how far we are from it.

Except it is. We observe, react, and respond to outside stimuli. Our brains are incredibly complex systems that make our bodies react and function. It's not so out there that a machine was programmed so advanced that we don't realize that they're gaining self awareness.

It's less trust and more hoping he's making a happy accident.

Here is the thing. 20 years ago a complex computer generated image of a moe anime girl smiling in reaction to you was impossible. This is Scifi, it's also a video game by david cage where the big twist might be "THEY'RE ALL HUMANS REINCARNATED AS ROBOTS!!!" knowing him at least. It doesn't matter if it's realistic, what matters is the moral dilemma behind it and how interesting it's presented, but at this point were getting into story telling conventions rather than the original statement which was bumfucking retarded.

I'm just saying an AI programmed to act exactly like a human and imitate human behavior as well as "learn" could probably have a glitch or a defect that caused them to gain self awareness.

well you better hope real fucking hard man, 18 years and not a single fucking game worth a damn, gameplay or story wise.

It's the whole Chinese room argument, if it can replicate it perfectly by following an algorithm does it really "understand" it, what is "understanding". At what point it stops being a machine that crunches data and gives out the answer and becomes a mind.

If you count by quantity rather than time it's a lot more hopeful ;-;

And at that point it just becomes an interesting story telling device. It's entertaining to think about for people who don't know anything about it.Like most science fiction about the subject.

7 games, none worth a damn, gameplay or story wise.

I don't know dude, i'll light a candle for you if you need it.

I thought it was only 4 or am I forgetting some? Omikron, Fahrenheit, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, and Detroit isn't out yet.

i think i fucked up, you're right, don't know why i thought that Nomad Souls had expansions, must be thinking about ports.

Nomad Soul
Beyond: two souls
Heavy Rain
Fahrenheit