What's Japan's deal with Giant Enemy Crabs?

What's Japan's deal with Giant Enemy Crabs?

They're cool.

They had some run ins with them in Ancient Japan

They're an island nation and crustaceans are easy as fuck to make look alien and sinister.

I mean, look at that thing. Rocky carapace broken open and oozing god knows what. It's creepy and satisfying as fuck to think about breaking that shell and splattering whatever the hell is inside

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH GIANT CRABS?

old school giant enemy crab

/n/'s favorite enemy.

This shit right here.

crabs are pretty cute-

Is scalebound going to be good?

blaster master is an amazing game

crabs platypus and squids are pretty alien looking

Crabs are fucking gross. They leave shit strings everywhere and they sometimes leave actual shit webs as if they were some scat spider.

because giant crabs are awesome

Says the patchy haired twisted primate.

It's the worst game Platinum has ever made. It's going to make Korra and TMNT look like masterworks by comparison

What's the deal with changing the protagonist of Scalebound from a cute girl to a generic Donte? Do you eat shit, Kamiya?

While I have no doubt that it will be a massive piece of shit from the gameplay we've seen so far, I appreciate that it isn't another typical Platinum game. There's a sliver left in me that hopes it'll at least be decent, I'm not holding my breath though.

PEPE NO

What's that crab doing in a plate of spaghetti?

He's getting old. Of course there will be a time where he falls. Now he's just some developer who's past his prime.

Because they make tasty eats after you kill them

Doubtful.

Haven't heard anything about TMNT but Korra's biggest problem was that the game never got to the point that it could utilize just how deep the combat system actually was. Plus it was a budget title.

When your "worst" is still pretty damned good with all things considered, it's not much a scale.

I prefer fried mimic.

Basilisk steak with tentacle weed salad is also nice

That is a Japanese Spider Crab
These aren't too uncommon and is why they love giant enemy crabs, also the nigga that dude is holding is a small one.

Bullshit.

You think they'd attempt to hold a full grown spider crab.

Dude, nature will give you nightmares.
You have no idea the shit it produced and that exist in some remote places in the world.

same, t.straya

Yeah those look cute until you encounter them in Pikmen. Then you want to fucking murder them.

lol

The Japanese also have a species of crab that look like an angry samurai mask.

speaking of which, why aren't there more games with Isopods in them?

hue

Here

They're an island nation, OP. Gee, I wonder why they would be interested in sea monsters. On a side note I did happen to kill this giant crab boss earlier.

No joke that looks delicious.

beats me
at least pokemon is gonna have one soon

Xbone = Dudebro audience, something about the suits in Microsoft not wanting the game to be niche, so they had to make him into a blonde donte.

Japanese are always afraid that a huge crustacean will fill their rectums with water.

They fear Giant Enema Crabs

He reminds me of Nero more than Donte. I don't love Nero but he is nowhere near as bad as Donte.

The Japs fear the crustacean.

Japan has always had a problem with crabs.

They really existed in real Japanese history. Being based on real Japanese history..

What's most people's deal with overreacting to anything that happens to be a little interesting or unique?

They just have a weak point for large crustaceans.

Crabs are delicious, that's why

My nigga are you playing Crystal Chronicles?

I want a crab RTS.

Only the glorious commonwealth can view it.
If you don't have a VPN in current year you are fucking magic johnson without a condom.

I prefer the King Crab

Those aren't nearly as spooky. Those are like fuzzy poodles in comparison.

You wanted spooky? Here's spooky.

Why not enough giant enemy lobsters/shrimp?

Human beings are hard-wired to be afraid of things with crazy amounts of legs and things with no legs.

Step up.

Giant enemy crabs are high tier enemy types.

Crabs are fucking hardcore, mate. They'll wreck your shit.

Those things are pretty damn sweet, but I like the spear guys better.

Neat. Surprisingly fitting.
Makes me kind of want a crab race mod or some shit, now, though.

It's part of their history you ignorant person

Crabs basically are spiders. All crustaceans are just insects or arachnids that evolved to live underwater instead of on land.
Lobsters are basically just water scorpions.

They're very easy to adapt into videogames as they have weakpoints you can attack for massive damage.