The meaning of this thread is like a sauce thread but its more about games that you played really young and can't...

The meaning of this thread is like a sauce thread but its more about games that you played really young and can't remember what they were called. Just give a description of your memories and let people list the games they can think of
_____

I remember playing a game on the PS1 but I was really young. It was a spacecraft 3D game and you had to try not to crush. Your spacecraft moved by itself forwards(I think) and you had to avoid crashing. The game had really simple 3d graphics and I just remember being in this confined space going forwards. Every time I think of that game it reminds me of the 2001: A Space Odyssey "Star Gate" sequence.

Any ideas or list of games that fit that description

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_Raiders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Octane
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MegaRace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_V_(video_game)
mobygames.com/game/battle-bugs
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Stubbs_the_Zombie_in_Rebel_Without_a_Pulse
youtube.com/watch?v=v3QRiQZoSfM
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Woo boy.

Sounds like Tempest x3

I was at Funcoland, playing on a sega saturn. I was watching this woman walk through a mansion, and interacting occassionally with her. She opened a door and there were spikes and some bodies or something in the closet. She screamed and backed away. Also, there was something to do with a necklace that glowed gold and seemed important! Know what it is? I dunno!

D.

Thanks…Tempest brings back some memories.
I think its either that or Total Eclipse. I might buy them both and have a go

I never played the game but i always wanted to, I watched it on youtube when i was a wee lad and could never source it.
anybody?

That's totally it! Thanks!

I've never had any luck with this one.
Having watched a lot of Wipeout 2097 footage, I'm pretty sure that's not it. That's all I can say.

dead head fred?

First thing I can think of.

There was this one DOS game that I think was a collection of different games, and one of them was a shooting gallery starring "Bambo" and "Rambi" or something. They were rivals to each other and choosing one would have the other appear in the background as a sort of bonus point target thing, and shooting them resulted in a special animation that changed depending on what sort of weapon you had. Seaching "rambi bambo" doesn't bring up anything.

checked
yes that is the game it was so hard to find when i was looking for it because of the sheer amount of zombie games nowadays
thanks mang

Parsec for the Texas Instruments 99 4/A.

I identified this game last month, after looking for 20 years. My first household vidya.

Seems about right.

There was this really good game i played as a kid
all i know is that it's a good game
does anybody know it's name?

I'm looking for a PS1 game with catgirls in an anime 3di-ih style with cat head hot air balloons I think. Was on a NA demo disk with either Rascal or Jersey Devil and assuming it was an import from Japan. It would
be amazing if you found it so I can start searching for it.

I am looking for a small Metroidvania Game with just a simple pixel graphic.

What I remember, is that you start on a Hill and have to search for new parts for your broken ship. Your first task is to descend that Hill safely and if you fell off, you ended up in a desert region.

Wacky Funsters! is the one you're looking for. If you want, there's a playthrough of it by Brutalmoose on Youtube.

An RTS with insects.

Do you control the insects or fight them? Red Alert has It Came From Red Alert but you'd probably remember that.

A game for the PS1 where you blew up tiles with bombs and the object was to blow up all the tiles except the one you are standing on

It's insects vs. insects. I remember one unit was a ladybug that controlled like a tank

Saira maybe? If you mention a platform that might help.

I can think of a few that might fit. Here are some links.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zone_Raiders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Octane
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MegaRace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_V_(video_game)

A game for the SNES that's a top down adventure game. You play as some kind of wizard with a top hat and cape if I remember correctly. You have a spin attack that can make you get dizzy at first. But you can collect cards or something that allow you to cast spells. You journey around and get companions that join you, but you only ever have one at a time. The starting area has you going up a mountain or something avoiding boulders, that if you attack they split into a bunch of smaller rocks.

Thats about as much as I remember, always wondered what game that was. I'd sill have it and like 30 other games and my original SNES if my grandma's house didn't get broken into.

Nah Saira is too new, I am talking gameboy level of pixel graphics, as it was during the time when I was looking up games for the texas instruments ti-84 plus on youtube.

The Twisted Tales of Spike McFang

Battle Bugs?
mobygames.com/game/battle-bugs

Tanaka? I only played the demo, and remember that it had cool menu music, the game felt awful, and it had a bored female voice saying booster.

Young Merlin? Didn't even play that, but I read a review when it came out. IIRC people had speech bubbles with pictures in them, and there was no actual text talk in game.

This. Damn, that game was pretty fun

Is t I.Q: Intelligent Qube?

How does one even this game to fucking run?

GET how does one GET this game to run
I can't do a sentence properly it seems

I remember playing this racing game for the PS1. I don't remember much about it other than this grungey atmosphere. And players collected power ups. Like one I remember was this tornado that would attack other players

Actually… one game comes to mind. This is going to sound really odd and non-specific, but basically there was this multiple-choice game circa 1990-1996.

It starts out with you waking up in a base and a woman is pointing a gun at you, I believe. I didn't really PLAY it, rather my dad would play through a specific path that ended up with you convincing her to allow you to defend the base using a mounted turret. That was the part my dad would hook up a joystick (the kind used to play flying simulators) and I would defend the base by shooting stuff coming our way. At the end of it however you were shot and killed, which I guess meant you weren't supposed to take that path in the game or somehow you weren't convincing enough?

This is really weird and shit and probably unhelpful but that was it. I played it when I was just a little kid and had an SNES for fuck's sake.

GET is right, user

Oh you

I remember a game played on a Mac around 2004. It was a 2d puzzle game where you guided a black sphere around a grid with traps and stuff (spikes, doors, etc.) The version we had must have been a demo because the levels were a part of the "demo world" and it looked like there were other "worlds" that were part of a galaxy.

I remember finding pic related after starting a thread, and I remember how hard the search was. Some of these games might not even be discoverable.

Probably too obscure but if an user wants to hook me up I'd greatly appreciate it.

So does anyone know how to get this game to run?

I'm on Windows 8 & have a Intel HD card

Have you checked pcgamingwiki? If you don't have a proper GPU you're probably out of luck though.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Stubbs_the_Zombie_in_Rebel_Without_a_Pulse

Surprisingly this didn't pop up in my searches
Thanks Anons

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hi-Octane
That was great fun!

Seems like I'm out of luck
Looks like I'll have to put money aside for a OG Xbox and a copy of the game
Christ even the 360 can't run this game properly

Cute.

A PC game where you managed a space colony
Not Space Colony HD, older than that
Think late '90s

A DOS run and gun kind of like metal slug but with smaller, less linear levels. You played a green alien dude.

A DOS mecha game, fairly simple and arcadey
Not Shogo

i can't even remember. it was either i downloaded a crack or used one of the windows compatibility settings and it magically worked

unless the issue is performance he shouldn't have a problem with intel integrated graphics cards. they're pretty much complete by now and the days where you couldn't run shit without a software renderer are long gone

Getting is the game my friend.

The game boots up to the main menu no problem but shits the bed when I hit new game

I'm going to take a wild guess, Dark Colony? Where I live this game was viral, I mean, there was a site that got a daily visit counter that used to get more than 1000 visits a day to exchange IPs to play online
youtube.com/watch?v=v3QRiQZoSfM

MegaRace?

Do you have the soundtrack to this? I only ever found the soundtrack to D2.

this description is going to be extremely vague and i don't expect anyone to know what i'm talking about, but i'll give it a shot anyway.

i think this was a windows 95 or 98 game. it was a first person shooter, and it took place in an environment with a lot of corridors, like a maze. it also had a bright vibrant color scheme, and i think the walls and floors had changing patterns.

and no, it isn't descent 1, 2, or 3

Hi-Octane!!

Shattered Steel?