/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Speedy thread edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia

When will we get another good burnout game?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/
thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/newslist/details.aspx?c=tcm:154-268047-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
archive.is/Iz8lY
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi8rTpm0dFlI40HHr1x3hmv-vtIUpDdFd
my.mixtape.moe/niboaw.webm
forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm559629findlastpost_Thrustmaster-T300RS-strange-FFB.aspx#post570252
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5783122334.html
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Threadly reminder that
CTR > MK

But neither of those are Sonic and All Stars Racing: Transformed.

Don't forget that if you wanna play the crew, or something else, there is a mumble server you can use to communicate with other ogc friendos.

Address: 8v.servers.moe
Port: 64738

Also can add your uPlay ID here if you wanna race with us

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform

List here

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/

In there right now, just got done with the big Summit events for the moment. Since it just opened, I'm sitting at the top of the charts.

damn the crew takes giant screenshots by default

That statue looks at your R34 thinking "he should have bought an RX7"

i like this car it's pretty sweet

good qeq

Get that shit audi here.

Great, they've gone from having a console that looks like a VCR player to a Novelty VCR tape reminder. GG M$ But damn if that leather wrapped controller doesn't look comfy as fuck

Forza literally prints money now

Lmao

Are there any third gen firebirds in the new forza?

Why are you guys so much into that game? Got it on steam and barely made it to 20 hours before I got tired of it. Items are gay, characters are even more gay. I just freaking hate sonic.

That's some fantastic criticism, clearly the reason we love it is because we're all gay.

Yes, 87 Trans Am GTA

SPEEDY SPEED THREAD

What the fuck is this? A shitty photoshop of a Xbox to make it look something that resembles a car?

such a lucky dog

You're a fucking liar.

I think it's a cover for the console. Got the pic from kraut Xbox FB page, I think it's a giveaway.

Germans.

Kek, did the guy drop a gear so he could clear the dog?

i don't even think he even saw the dog was already sliding around and dropped in after he completed the turn

Why would they even attempt to make one? Racing games are not that popular, that project would never get funded. And beside that, game devs are lately not even trying.

Well, the former Criterion developers are now an independent team, so if we won't get a new good Burnout game we will get a new game in the style of Burnout made by the Burnout team

Now that The Crew is free, is it worth installing uplay for?

I though we were on torvalds.xyz?

An the old flatout team also started to work on a game as an independet team and that one also didn't turn out that well.

I know
I am one of the earliest backers and it hurts so much

inb4 early access

imo yes

yes imo

Most anything that's free is worth trying. If you don't like it you can drop it right when you want it.

got myself a copy too. I was first telling others to calm down because they were asking for weekly patches but who could have known that it would end up like this?`

Well I just hope beamng.drive will turn out good.

What pisses me off the most is the lack of communication from the devs, I don't really care about weekly or monthly patches but that costant silence is unnerving

don't worry user just preorder the cops n robbers dlc…err expansion and we'll fix it!

damn that deer was hauling ass

Are Bugbear really going to release a DLC for a game that barely progressed in 3 years of EA?

top wew

I think he mixed ít up with The Crew.

Got to set that stage time.

So far no DLC in sight, but they have announced the console version and a stunt based spinoff (I hypotise it will be based on the tech demo sneak peek was posted long ago)

Mah nigga

You know you can post up to 5 pictures with a single post, right?

ok does this make you feel better?

Correct the Record and Mortal Kombat are completely different things and don't belong in a racing thread

These threads move fast enough without you spamming pcitures of ugly cars that aren't even video games. Go to /o/ or something.

i think it was a trigger

I don't hate the datsun, I was just pointing out that the statue really looked like it pondered your sexual orientation.

no u

muh nigga

thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-GB/newslist/details.aspx?c=tcm:154-268047-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
25 shekels and a datsun

actually, 93.84 shekels going at the current rate

fuck

is this car in the new nascar?
should i install just to see?

replace the forza decal with crazy taxi logos and you have my attention

Are there any other games like this and the first one? Its such a cool concept

i wish

Anyone have that get low/gangnam remix webm from a few threads back? I need it for reasons

Well just got aStreet Spec 69' Camero in The Crew up to 300mph with the thanks of a friend in a dragster. Fucking uplay didn't save the screenshots, only got black screens. At least the Ghost is saved and viewable.

Now I have no idea what the fuck this shit is archive.is/Iz8lY but they are working on something else.

I never knew you could ride trains.

whoa, i was expecting watch dogs tier shit where car just starts clipping inside the train and spazzing out

No, I'm not trusting them with anything.

MicroSoft, in association with nVidia present

BACK TO NORMAL

everyone watching the debate i figured

It already ended. Also, FH3 should be out for normal purchase now. Demo when?

Driver San Fran has you recreate some movie scenes. But that's about it.

Got you fam I was the one who made it so I'm only glad to share it again

Well the Flatout series is pretty solid Three doesn't count and Wreckfest shows promise, it just crawled to a fucking halt on development.

And honestly I don't think it was entirely their fault for Unbounded, some serious fuckery that no one without a few miracles to spend ala New Vegas could have made that shit work.

Because they're busy filing for bankruptcy.

i'm so glad my tard self was eyeing a car when he wanted that game

Why are none of you faggots talking about the greatest racing game in recent time, Redout? Don't you like going fast?

if you park in front of a train, it does stop instantly

I haven't played a racing sim in a while and I'm looking for something with a metric shit-ton of content for me to play through (A "career mode" would be ideal).

What would /ogc/ recommend?

It's way to slow. Do you actually own the game? Because if you do you can see how the game barely changes with every update.

Also the damage model is pretty crap.

Anyway, all the racing games I bought turned out to be crap, except for beamng, but lets see how that turns out.

Spintires? They promised support even after the release, they hardly gave us any content. Not even cockpit view works properly.

Wreckfest? We already know that it is crap.

Grid 2? Total shit casual game.

Feels good man.

and then i stopped playing the crew, all that autistic grind throughout a whole month for nothing

Hey, how toaster friendly is The Crew?
And by "toaster" I mean ancient.

I want to murder the wheelspin

In real sims? Nothing at all.
In slightly less sim games, Forza and GT. F1 games have quite extensive multi season career modes but it's only F1. Project CARS has quite a lengthy career mode too, but everything is available from the get go which isn't that motivating. Shift 2 is quite long as well.

Are plats really this hard to get? I've only done two summits so far and a few qualifiers and got plat every single time. Including the F40

(Checked)
Not a lot, a friend of mine with a GTX 280 cannot get it to even start because of mandatory DX11, and another of friend of mine with a GT 640M (or something like that) cannot get it to run at more than 10 FPS.

at the time i only had level 500-700 vehicles and by the end of it i was tired of grinding

Thats a shame, I had some hope because some screens I've seen had an almost early PS3 look to it. Also did The Crew go F2P or is it only like a several hour demo, either way I don't have anything to lose if it runs or not.

it didn't go f2p or a several hour demo.
Ubisoft is handing out the game (without DLCs) completely free of charge

So they are, I was being retarded as usual.

started playing this shit it defaults a 30 fps lock no matter what the setup. i have a overclocked 1080 GTX

you have to go into settings and move it up to

the force feed back is weak on the wheel even when i set it to max. even the crew's force feedback is better

the wheel input is "off" its i see myself spending an hour or more playing with the steering linearity and dead zone settings to make the driving passable. at the start i was struggling to keep the cars in a straight line i have a T150

i get 80-90 fps when the frame rate is unlocked at ultra settings

Its DLC, unfortunately. Heat Evolution has a weird DLC set up where every Toyota car on the grid will get free paints as Toyota sponsored the game but the Ford and Chevy schemes you have to pay for.

Heat Evolution seems to be fine on track but barebones everywhere else. So it might be worth waiting till the 2017 version anyway

that red one hnnnng

My money is on mount hotham being a dlc area for FH3

You can see it clearly and it would be a great opportunity to have horizons first snow area

Forza horizon 3

Man, put more effort in you summits. I didn't do any pvp or the car specific time attack(Zonda R, no monies), and I'm in the 500s(plat). Also the scramble for this summit is brutal. You have to use a monster spec, and it's basically rock crawling.

I'm getting this kawasaki, even if it means slaving to get that stupid zonda. I want my Japanese street fighter for dank whoolies.

It's just one autist who decided to spam like 20 pictures of ugly cars.

So do we have a club for Horizon 3?

Is horizon 3 worth another partition for windows 10?

I've been playing Fuel and taking screenshots of the vista points.

Good shit. If only it wasn't so full of copypaste and had more desert

Not yet, the port is really wonky to say the least. Wait until they patch it up quite a bit. Otherwise the game itself is fantastic so far, though I've only played it for 9 hours.

Would be cool I guess. I just unlocked clubs. Not really sure how much benefit there is to being in one.

If it works for you, which is not a guarantee at all, it totally is. Wait for the supposed demo if you want to gamble.

If only I could get it working

Ridge Racer Type 4. It's not new or even that much a sim, just go play that though.

Also Test Drive:Eve of Destruction if you want a sim-ish Demolition derby game

Honestly I haven't played it. I liked the concept of using Beam.NG engine in an actual game instead of a sandbox. But it didn't catch my interest enough to follow it since it will probably never top Eve of Destruction

The Crew feels like an MMO way too much. Why the fuck can't I buy parts that I won on different spec cars? Why are some of the speed challenges stupid hard? Why is the game considering the whole width of the car count a blessing and a curse depending on what skill you do And for that matter why can't I sort skills by part level won?

Glad I got it for free, it's a decent Skinner Box time to time.

I love Eve of Destruction, I hated the campaign though, Its like everything was against you. Fuck permanent damage Went into every race with a disadvantage and the payout for Kills/Hits is way too low to warrant damaging your car especially when AI cars got a free full restore after every event, IIRC, don't quote me on that. Then again I fucking suck and never touched the campaign again. However after clearing the campaign/challenges and going into arcade/free race whatever it was called with cheats and hardcore mode is the best shit ever, also fuck physics.

also it has a fucking skill tree which includes a 10% increase to every beneficial stat in your cars and having the racing line shown to you with when to break included
they're meant to be done with drag cars

Of course everything is against you it's a full contact free-for-all. The permanent damage is on the whole a good feature. It provides an extra incentive to upgrade your car apart from just the stats. The trick is to do big hits on squishy cars as those don't fuck you up much and to play the replay a couple of times. Also it worked that the AI would never get permanent damage but during an eve they'd only repair if they got wasted.

Though the "Build-your-own-eve" mode was great as you could do events that never come up during the campaign.

Well fuck I ain't shilling out for Wild Run, damn frogs just couldn't include that.

Is wild run free this month too, or is it just the base game?

I already have the base game

Nope. It might be still on discount in humble bundle tho. Go and check there.

tfw even GTA Online is a better racing game than The Crew

nice, btw are there mods to increase the draw distance to stupid levels?

Install GFWL by downloading it straight from Microsoft and it should work.

funny thing is the crew has alot of aspects of what GTA:O should've been

Or maybe use an xliveless patch instead.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi8rTpm0dFlI40HHr1x3hmv-vtIUpDdFd

barn finds

Wouldn't you need the GFWL runtime libs anyway?

https:/ /www reddit.com/r/forza/comments/54bt4p/fh3_stuttering_cause_found/

Actually doubtful because AFAIK all other Windows Store apps, like Apex, use that encryption and the overhead there is negligible. Basic profiling of the game while it's running (albeit in simple test cases over about 2 minutes of gameplay) shows about a billion base64 decode threads running and eating most CPU cycles, and most IO being spent on streaming audio and video.
These threads are kinda puzzling me because while the whole file hierarchy seems to be encoded in some way.

Also, the game communicates with servers that have a rare software NS, which is all sorts of off.

post webms of going fast, bonus points for crashes

Hearing you when that happened was sad.

I've never heard a man being so pissed of. That said, in the second from last qualifier I got the parts with a 20% percent chance, while 80% was CC. I was mildly annoyed with that result.

I never knew I could be so triggered by not being able to change my character in The Crew.

why? don't you enjoy playing as a gaybeard nu-male?

couldnt take the MC seriously everytime he was on camera.
It looked like he was about to tell someone to check their privilige

(checked)
hegtik, i love it.

Which wheel should I buy, /ogc/? I realized today that playing sim racers with an Xbox 360 controller is like playing Quake with one.

Best Buy's website has a bundled Logitech G920 wheel, pedals, and shifter but it's 300 bux. Is this still worth it?

Yeah that's pretty good, go for it.

forgot my other webm

Why is the Hummer so hilarious?

Seconding

Because it's the most american car

because you can grind on walls and win races because it doesn't lose speed on crashes

That is true, each time I drive one I have an overwhelming urge to start patrolling the Mexican border looking for illegals after stopping for a burger.

Pretty sure that's the Ford F-150 Raptor

It was such a massive buzzkill. I logged in daily to play the summit, figured out how to get 40th in FD Challenges and I had spent hours trying to perfect my scores to try and qualify higher only to get a reward for investing so much time that I could have gotten instead from playing a literal minute worth of skill challenges. I was so disappointed with that, especially when I can 1299 cars within an hour that I've dropped the game to go to other things instead.

If you think I was mad then, you've never heard me get so mad I sound like Gilbert Gottfried.

Nope, runs just fine with the xliveless patch, just no multiplayer or online functions.

There, I decided to do this run just now just to prove it. This is the same reward I got for spending 5+ hours doing summit qualifying and I got it in less than 5.

R8 my skid

once amd releases the rx490 I will start making gaming webm's too.

7/10 needs to be on fire.

the wheel "works" but there is no force feedback what so ever. fucking hell the crew has better wheel support than this shit.

Too clean.

Oh boy, it's like christma-
I fucking hate this port.

Why did none of you nigger tell me FH3 has an alfa romeo 155 and it has the touring car kit.
You fucking niggers.

my.mixtape.moe/niboaw.webm

I went against all my insticts for this one. I don't think I ever touched the brakes on this run back ago when I did it. It was all weight transfer and engine brake.

Colin McRae would be proud.

Figured I'd say fuck it and made a club for Horizon 3. Tag is 8ogc and the club name is Auto Games Coalition.
It'll make it easier to hook up for multiplayer games. Also friendly reminder; PC players don't need a gold account to play online.

found the salt flats OH BOY!

fucking hell i got burned there will never bee a fix for the force feed back its a "feature" in the game

forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm559629findlastpost_Thrustmaster-T300RS-strange-FFB.aspx#post570252

Now you gon' have some fun. Particularly at high speeds.

Here are a couple half baked webms of me screwing around with the new raid class RUF RT-35, while AOR/City pop plays in the backround.

Are we going to all get Hummers and bully some Mexicans?

I've been playing through Burnout Paradise and now I'm looking for something that has more of a focus on racing itself. I've been thinking of downloading the NFS: Hot Pursuit reboot. What do you anons think of that?

Oh and apparently there is a bonus for being in a club. As long as you play the game normally and get experience points, you'll get free credits every week. Amount of credits depends on how much experience you earn.

qeq

Noted, will join after I reset my save game to get all the money I've missed on wheel spins because VIP didn't work.

What's funny is that the FFB on the G27 feels alright if a bit light with road cars (presumably some sort of power steering emulation) so it's possible they fucked the translation to different wheels.

It's not a bad choice, albeit HP2010 has a hardon for car weapons, especially in the cop mode career, so you'll be doing a lot of deathmatch along with the racing.

I reverse image searched that hoping that there was actually a Sleeping Dogs 2 that was announced or something since it looks similar enough graphically

Needless to say I was disappointed to find out it was from Yakuza instead

Sleeping Dogs 2 never ever

I just want a sequel to this.

man this game is so comfy

It sure is.
Also the game only upgrades cars to certain points so you guys can get easy wins by simply limiting races to a single car through the blueprint system.

So are drivatars in Horizon 3 fucked? Every single race there's one asshole who starts out in first and spends the entire race with at least a five second lead. It doesn't matter how clean I race, I literally can't catch up to him and always end up in second.

Check the starting grid to make sure the game didn't crap its pants and put one hare in the list, but I haven't noticed that issue.
Maybe dial down the difficulty a bit

I've noticed that it tends to be the same drivatar, usually someone on my friend list. The car they use is within class but the problem seems to be that their driving skills are clean enough to the point where even the difficulty options can't hold them back. I played with novice difficulty to see if it wasn't just a fluke and there was still that one driver that managed to be on my tail the whole race while the rest were almost a full lap behind. The issue here seems to be the fact that the random drivatars are selected based on difficulty, but it doesn't consider that factor when it brings your friends into races.

that was the last NFS game that was ok

that was the first game i tried downsampling with , was mind blowing at the time.

I was not a fan of the new Hot Pursuit. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 was a decent game, high stakes was imo better since it allowed you to play as a cop while your friend was a racer.

I think nfs:hp2 was the last good one. I am not a fan of underground and everything that came afterwards.

I have a g27, it's set up and working correctly in AC. However, I tried to fire up flatout 2 just for giggles and the wheel is dead around center, it's like dead zone turned on, if you turn the wheel enough ether direction it functions properly with feedback and everything. I installed latest patch but that didn't help.
Any ideas what could it be?

(Heiled)
Didn't someone convert hp2 tracks to AC? Or am I completely mistaken? I have a feeling that someone converted some NFS tracks to AC, maybe it was on halfchan /o/, I can't remember.

Anyone here played this game called Crash? I used to play it back then a lot with my brother and we loved it. Idk if it's nostalgia, but I never had as much fun in other games.

It was the arcade physics that made it so fun. You could drift and crash with your cars ass into your enemy and their car would launch in the air. You could like kick people out of the map and shit like that.

Why are games like that not made anymore? Sometimes realism sucks.

oh ,,, ok

I was not a fan of it. Car customization is simply not a feature I want in a nfs game.

I've been playing Rivals, and from what I read about 2010 Hot Pursuit, they sound identical.

MW2005 is pretty bad on many accounts, but still fun

But Hot Pursuit 2010 took NFS back to its roots, driving exotic cars in beautiful locations. The soundtrack was also GOAT, how could you not like it?

I guess that's understandable, but you'd be in the minority opinion. Underground was where NFS really took off in popularity, for better or for worse. And while I'd agree that the ricer aspect of the Underground games (and to an extent Most Wanter and Carbon) was a little lame, as arcade racers they were still really good games. And the stories, no matter how cheesy they were, really made you feel like a part of that world.

I've heard that too, but never got around to playing Rivals. It looks fun enough though.

Do you play as a cop that eventually goes full I AM THE LAW in Hot Pursuit 2010?

The increasingly unhinged cop story line and how serious they present it is what kept me playing.

for starters rivals is locked at 30 fps and always online. hot pursuit doesn't even have a story mode its just racing and updating and buying faster cars

rivals is dogshit against hot pursuit.

No, there isn't a story in Hot Pursuit 2010, just a map of events to play as as both racer and cop. I mean as far as gameplay and local. From what footage I've seen, Rivals seems like Hot Pursuit 2010 with a new map, more emphasis on open world stuff, and a story. In HP2010 you could technically explore the entire map, but there was really no point except to cruise.

It was to little and not enough, also way to late. Once hp2010 got released I wasn't that deep into gaming anymore. HP2 was already missing a lot of features compared to high stakes, the 2010 version had even less.

I know, I asked this everywhere and all agree that underground made nfs better. Holla Forums, as well as reddit agree on that. But I am not going to change my opinion on this just because everybody else loves it.

Eeeeh, OK, I'll play it. Marginally better than replaying Burnout 3 or Paradise.

Is it just me or does being able to tune your car in games ruin the game?

yes there is an upgrade path just like the racers too

For what purpose? Please tell me that there's a hack for unlocked framerate.

It's been a long time since I've played HP2, and I've never played High Stakes, but I'm not sure what features you mean HP2010 was missing. And regardless, the game had great driving, great online, great music, and a beautiful map.

And I'm not saying Underground made NFS better, it made it popular. I still hold the position that Underground 1 is dogshit. But UG2 and MW are both great games and Carbon is serviceable.

If it makes any difference, Hot Pursuit was made by Criterion, as was Most Wanted 2012 (which tried to be Burnout Paradise 2). Though MW2012 was kind of shit if you ask me. Cars handled like ass.

The 30 FPS was so that they could have more cars in multiplayer.

There is also an option to just play single player.

There is a mod that puts the framerate to 60, but once you dip to 57-56, you are going to move in slow motion.

also, r8 my Hot Pursuit 2010 gameplay

YouTube Killed the Bitrate/10
Also, Eurobeat doesn't work with Hypercars IMO.

Agreed, it works better with slower cars on tighter roads.

How autistic am I if I'm getting angry over had bad the number plate is?

Quite a lot, but understandable.

Not nearly enough.

Very

I mean, they didn't even try to make it look like an Australian plate. How hard is it to make it yellow and change the font? Fuck.

Just pretend they're temp plates served out for Festival vehicles for the duration of Horizon.

Just finished playing some of Hot Pursuit 2010. It feels like Burnout 3, only not as exciting similar to how Rivals feels like Burnout Paradise only not as exciting.

They make me sad.

What cars and what mode?

MP hot pursuit with the 3rd fastest class was the bee's knees back in the day.
Police supersnake all day, every day.

I've noticed that european cars seem to have european styled plates (like the centenario), so maybe the aussie cars have aussie styled plates?

I've only just started the cop mode, so I just have the traffic pursuit tier. I also forgot, I do like how they fellatio very single car in the descriptions.

The game also feels a little small to be pushing the whole autolog thing.

autolog is cool when you have no friends playing racing games, it reminds you of how much of a lonely fuck you are

but at least you're number 1 all across the board

This was the first game that used autolog, but it worked well. I had the game from release, and made friends from multiplayer. I liked how if your time got beaten from another player, you could see how many tries it took them to do it. There was one dude who barely beat my time and had to do the run more than 10 times. I went back and beat him by a landslide in the second try.

Also I loved the descriptions too(They sort of reminded me of the original hot pursuit), and the starup sounds the cars made when you chose them. Too bad EA licensing bullcrap never let them put the dlc on PC.

Good times.

Hot Pursuit 2010 needed more Buttrock, that was the real problem fammy

It gets even more memetastic

this legal screen got me thinking, is there a game or something that simulates airbag deployment?

like some sort of mad beam.ng mod or some shit

As if it hasn't been shilled enough this thread Have you tried Test Drive: Eve of Destruction (Driven to Destruction if you're europoor)? I don't think it's as arcade-y as Crash but could definitely tickle your fun bone. Also Mayhem. Mayhem never get's brought up enough despite being fairly competent as a demo derby game that oozes style and can be fished out of bargain bins for dirt. And Blood Drive, even if it's a bit technically stunted with the poor frame rate.

Do you know if Crash was released on PS2 (more importantly how does it emulate?)

Rockabilly, more games need more Rockabilly

Also it might not be the Brimstones I posted found some good butt-rock Brimstones

Come on.

Reminder to join the Forza ogc club to get free credits. 8ogc is the tag.

go away todd I'm not buying fallout4

I will once I unlock clubs.

Why is LA Airport no fun allowed?

Sheeit I couldn't even get on the runway

Go past the runway it kicks you out.

Well I think i figured it out how to do it semi-consistently now. The trouble isn't getting in. It's stopping so you stay in.

Dr Pavel I'm sinking!

What's a good dumbshit's guide to tuning in Horizon 3? I won a Ford GT Horizon Edition off a wheelspin and ironically that's all this thing does, spin its wheels. I can't figure out how to tune it to not spin out when I put any actual force into acceleration.

1)Git gud
2)Put less pressure in the rear tyres
3)Have minimal camber on the rears
4)Git gud
5)Throttle management
6)Increase aero in the rear
7)If all the above fail, embrace the skids

TWENTY FUCKING SECONDS

When the fuck can I actually buy my own car and play online in Horizon 3? I've been doing tutorial shit for 2 hours.

You can go online as soon as you get to your second festival site. The auto show unlocks a little before that, but I don't remember when specifically. There's two sets of races and some PR stunts in Byron Bay before you have enough fans to open the second site.

Why do you add shit music to all of your webms?

Not jamming on the throttle is the easiest thing to do.

Because I just hit record while my music is playing. I don't do any editing.

20 seconds is an eternity in motorsport user.

That sucks. Would rather hear the car and the road than some generic ass whatever it is that you're listening to.

How? I can barely hear the notes over the engine let alone if I had music on.

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5783122334.html

By crashing. A lot. Then finally getting good.
Nigga what

I couldn't help myself. Also ignore the ID change, I have to use a VPN today to get around dmm.com
Please help I have a shitty anime mobile game addiction.

Oh, and I found out how they do the clouds. It's not video but pictures slowly blending from one to the next. If you stop and look, you can see the last picture fade away as the next fades in. It's pretty weird.

No, we shall suffer together. How are the anime skins in horizon 3 so far?

I haven't actively searched out skins yet, but now I feel like I have to.

it was looking for some. found on on the lambo suv also found a Tampax skin

That's it I'm buying the game right now.

oh wew lad

fuck you can't type fupa on the plate

I've gotten zero so far. This port is so bad.

xboner mustard race :^)

IAM 大丈夫

I hope this shit gets fixed. There's no way in hell I'm buying an xbone for a single game.

I'm so desperate for a fucking good racing game that I'm lowering my standards a lot. Is The Crew really worth infecting my PC with Ubishit's malware, even if it's free? I heard it was pretty bad.

try it
at least you aren't wasting any money

Objectively it's shit, too much grinding, not enough incentive to get different cars (or hell even different specs) as customization is lack luster and tied to the grinding and story is nothing to write home about. Driving is good though and it's funny to watch the physics shit itself on a regular basis.

But it's a good enough skinner box that it scratches your reptile brain ever so that you'll like it. It's worth it It also helps I there are a few more free games to come and I had Driver San Fran to activate as well.

If that's the case, is there an actual "crew" for The Crew of people in this thread, and if so how do I join?

See;

The XP boost cars in Horizon 3 are great. I wonder if it would be worth it to get a skill boost car off the auction house too. Got the XP one for just a million.

Oh, thanks. Guess I'm just a blind faggot or something.

It's fine. It was my fault for forgetting to put it into the OP.

This PC port hates me but the game itself sure does love me.

holy fuck +100% xp

i am jelly

Also, if at any point you decide to restart the game, you can save cars by putting them up in the auction house and hoping to baby jesus no one steals them. This is handy if you're a collector boy and don't want to lose the Loyalty Rewards cars.

I hate it when full priced games have these grinding features you would normally only find in

Alright I'm ingame jesus fuck this game is CPU hungry anyone wanna fuckin' race?

It's amazing. 50 minutes in rivals mode and pic related. I got 10 levels off this.

Yeah, it's kinda dumb but at the same time the level up wheel spins are fun.

I'm not that far into the game, but with hard difficulty settings (no assists, "sim" damage and steering, pro AI) it doesn't feel like that much of a grind. Money comes quite easily if you're not half bad, and there's a whole skill point tree dedicated to direct money.

Being a poorfag is suffering

I just don't want windows 10 is all.

On my second day of playing, the game served me a Battle Girl High School (jap mobage about magical girls that fight monsters with the power of headpats) skin in the recommended skins. Either I got really fucking lucky or they're using some of that windows 10 telemetry for this shit which would seem far-fetched considering the skin isn't really tagged as BGHS and I don't play it on a windows device. Still pretty fucking random to get offered a skin based on a not that popular japanese mobile game that I happen to play.

In general the anime is fast and furious if you dig past the normalfag meme layer. There's an anime tag for skins and liveries.

FUEL: REFUELED may have it.
I find pcgamingwiki to be a very useful site and so I don't mind "shilling" it everwhere.

I fucking hate this game but can't stop playing it
The Crew's car physics are pretty god damn shit, there's not enough customization, I can't get a hood without air holes that isn't a fucking carbon fiber hood on anything but fullstock, and I'm hooked on the summit thing now too. Fucking platinum must be kept.

Think of it this way. The platinum you're trying to keep will likely just get deleted from the server in 2 years at least when The Crew goes offline.

And don't try to say the real platinum was the friends you made along the way.

the "ramming missions" the on in DC drove me up the wall

moar?

The Crew has some god awful physics, I'll concur. Even though I got it for free I feel like I still got ripped, all the cars I've driven so far feel like boats with no personality and trying to weave in between traffic is a literal nightmare. I'm hoping that something down the line nets me a car that handles anything like a car would on pavement. I unironically find the Dirt spec cars to handle better on pavement than the street spec with the added advantage that dirt spec doesn't shit itself off road. Too bad story mission require street spec though.
Also am I supposed to grind those skill challenges for cash and parts because if so than fuck this game.

88eafa-drives-their-modded-car-through-a-stage-with-friends.webm

The way the game works is that street cars are somewhere in between grip and speed, circuit and perf are high grip and speed while dirt and raid are low speed but higher offroad speeds. Once you start getting into perf, the cars should start feeling slightly better.

It'll start getting more into the other specs as you progress, outside of street I think Perf is also highly used as well.

You don't need to, but it's the fastest way to upgrade your car if you're level 50. Since you're still early in the game, your car level won't be that high yet so don't worry about it too much. The only time car level is largely important is PvP and mission difficulty.

Just play the story through, and when you get to west coast, the skills give at the very least level 40 parts.

When you need to get better at driving, fiddling with the setup can be a bad distraction.

By that time though you should have your cars around level 500-800 though so it won't be a massive increase. It's when level 50 hits that you can see large jumps in the car level quickly up to 1299.

Funny enough I find Raid Spec cars make Dirt Spec completely redundant, kind of how Circuit makes Perf redundant. Street I see no reason to exist if I am honest and weirdly some Street Spec cars can handle themselves just as well offroad as Dirt Spec's Hummer comes to mind, but then again it is a Hummer

The Crew in general feels like someone threw a lot of ideas at a wall and saw what stuck.

Mark my words.

toppest kek

Even fucking wheel input requires a certain version of XInput only available on Windows 10.

The only time Dirt is really better than raid is when your path has a lot of unpaved roads and very little offroading ability. I can only go about 140mph in my raid but I've hit 180mph in my dirt on dirt roads before. The huge difference though is that dirt will slow down to about 100mph when offroading while raid has no loss in speed from offroad. Meanwhile perf hates offroad and dirt surface and will come to a crawl on either surface and circuit is even worse.

As for perf and circuit, most people that do PvP events generally go with perf spec. I don't often see circuit used since it's so twitchy and fast for plebs. Outside of PvP though I generally never see perf used when circuit is available.

Street kind of feels like it's just there taking up space at the end game. By endgame you have a lineup of way better cars so it's sort of a generic car that does everything mediocre. It's fine for cruising around in, but for actually trying to do something I'll pick raid/circuit depending on conditions.

Yeah I'm still early in the game, just finished the mission where you jack a GT40 circuit spec for a V4. Even that shit handled like a boat, granted a slightly tight turning boat, at least weaving through traffic was somewhat manageable. Going from that straight to my shitbox though was torture. I guess I'll stick to playing through to see if I can find some fun and I'm not looking forward to grinding skill challenges, I'm looking at you Slolam, Smash, and racing line, ugh.

This gets slightly better at level 50 because instead of having to do those you can do one you're really good at and keep hitting a platinum medal on to get better and better parts. It's the reason why there's always a crowd around Escape 31 in the mountains since it's a really easy skill to get a platinum medal in if your car can do at least 130mph.

Smart loot is your best bet in late game.

I've felt like the physics improved as the game went on, like the scaling system supposed to make the car level thing work actually fucks with the whole physics part of the game.

Holy shit this game is fucking brutal.

Noted and I was wondering if Smart Loot was a thing I should take early or not, guess I'll take it next time I play. Is there anything gameplay wise I should look out for? Are the wrecks worth it? Any car a poorfag with no DLC should be eyeing, etc?

I'm fairly certain that the upgrades reduces the floaty feeling as well, because even my hot rod doesn't feel as bad as it did when I first got it.

The wrecks are interesting, but you have to wait to unlock that region before you can unlock the car. You can find all the wrecks at level 1 which is what I did but until you get those specs in the story they won't unlock themselves. I would probably say that the Circuit Hot Rod and the Buggy (West Coast and Mountain States respectively) are some of the better cars in their classes.

Skyline R34. It's a very good car all around for very cheap and carried me through the story of the game. Plus in this game 4WD cars get a huge boost to stability over RWD or FWD cars which might help the boat control feeling. There's better cars out there for each specific class but there's no other car better as an all rounder.

Should also note that if you're a bit strapped for cash, an alternate car that is decent is the Ford Focus RS. It's like the Skyline R34 but about a 5th of the price and is still a pretty good all rounder for the price.

Another sidenote I almost forgot is that with the way how car leveling works in The Crew, it's honestly better to stay with a single car in each spec until you're at least level 40 and can buy the level 40 starter kits for new specs. This both makes your main car very powerful as well as making it easier to level up new cars. I've read discussions where people have used nothing but the starter car they got from Zoe throughout the main story.

Any good anti gravity PC racers in the past 10 years? I've been playing F Zero GX for a few days and I want something new to scratch that itch.

redout

I like ballisticNG because it doesn't spam specular lights all over the tracks.

Does anyone know any good truck/heavy vehicle preferably offroad racing?
I want to listen to some diesel thumping.

Damn that looks good. How optimized is it? I don't want to drop $35 for a game that's going to just choke on my system (i7 3570k and Rx 470).

Looks fun. Upcoming track creator is cool news, but the game looks really bouncy. The trailer shows the cars bobbing all over the fucking place. Is that how it is in game? Does that cause any issues?

I just played a bit of Forza Horizon 3. The loading times are quite long but holy shit that game looks nice on Xbox One.

The collision is pretty brutal. If I hit a wall in a highest difficulty, highest speed race in a ship that's basically piranha I just start the thing over because you just end up pin balling back to the other wall and hitting it again at best, and come out of the whole thing facing the wrong way at worst. It's very annoying. It's not nearly as bad on the lower speed settings though and it's not an issue at all if you never hit any walls
The AI is weird and I'm really looking forward to multiplayer, since a lot of the time it feels like when you hit an AI, or an AI hits you, all the force gets transferred to the player and you can get your shit absolutely fucked up because of it. I'm not sure if it's intended. It's also very hard to avoid getting slam dunked by the AI near the start where you're accelerating up the pack.

Before you go "Smart Looting" make sure you get your car up to level 43-45 Gold parts otherwise you'll be grinding for fucking ever.

So it's still basically in development?

Oh, yeah, super duper still in development, it's technically early access, but it's also open source freeware so I don't know if it counts.

Oh yeah, that definitely excuses it. I'll have to keep my eye on that. There are some fan-supported Linux builds and stuff too.

Except now the repo is offline because "it will be easy to cheat in online"

H-he said he'd bring it back!

He probably will after he made mad bucks selling ship skins

Is BeamNG.drive a decent racing game aside from its soft-body physics?
The last racing game I played was probably SuperTuxKart so I have no taste, no bully.
Being on Linux probably has something to do with that too, since there's not many proprietary racing games with Linux ports aside from F1 2015, Grid Autosport, and Dirt Showdown.

I wonder if anyone else has realized you can fuck with the linearity and sensitivity of the steering inputs in Da CREW

Also holy shit we hit 300 posts again, it's returning to normal with only 4 days but still

JUST TAKE EM OUT user

Apparently the D0dge Viper SRT10 is free if you've got enough Ubipoints

It's limited in upgrades, I think you can only get the Circuit spec.

Perf and Circuit.

To be fair wasn't the same shit found with that CIA game and it was playable using DirectX11?

are there any easy ways to gain money outside of hour long faction missions?
Kinda need 100-200K to purchase the F40

Grind "Leaving the Country"
It's at the state prison in Detroit

what are some games that will run on my laptop.

I know dirt rally runs ok, but I need some shorter snackier and lightweight games to play when bored and out of the house

Test Drive Unlimited

I don't know, but from what I've heard the devs are going to re-release the game with DX11 support on Steam. I'd wager the DX11 support was added afterwards.

That sounds a whole fucking lot like Quantum Break.
Makes sense like it too.

the 970 is still the top card on the market it runs dx12 like shit

limiting a game to Dx12 only is insane

Is it worth joining the furries? What kind of special rewards are in the winning faction's bonus missions?

t. snake

my afro-american
the reason why wolves always win is because people don't bother switching

Some of the cars are just so fun to drive. The GT-R from the All-star car pack just fucking sticks to the road like it's a part of it and goes so, so fast. The '99 Lancer Evo with the rally bodykit is really fun on dirt.

i didn't pay any of this shit any mind I beat the game yesterday.

Man, threads get pushed back fast.
New thread here

If you are good at drifting and get your perks up, you can make generally 2k every minute just by drifting.

being retarded on purpose?

Im gonna play devil's avocado and say he's refering to the steam hardware survey
store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

according to this the 970 is the most popular gpu, and it has no perfomance gain despite being dx12 and vulkan compatible.

yeah i was surprised nobody knew they could fuck with those settings
specially the fucking deadzones since i didn't buy a consoletard controller that already comes with malfunctioning sticks out of the box

the issue with nvidia and dx12/vulkan is async compute. Namely, the cards are built under the assumption that the computer can only send 1 instruction at once (as is the case with older APIs) and so even if the cpu part of rendering is multithreaded when it's piped to the gpu there will be some driver overhead and some kind of scheduler/lots of synchronization between cpu cores (hence why under dx12/vulkan you really start seeing a performance increase on those cards when putting a better cpu on the computer).
The new apis should give you a performance increase anyway but if the gpu can't accept information from multiple sources at once it'll be up to the developers to properly detect it and disable async compute as needed to avoid performance loss, but even with that performance loss it should still be better than dx11/opengl