Is he right?

Is he right?

The only think that makes Skyrim somewhat entertaining is the mods.

No the fact that trying to play Skyrim in a second playthrough is a fucking slog chore. Mods helped alleviate this problem.

He's being a bitch and bitching about the lack of people who understand how mods work.

He has a red star which symbolizes communism. Of course he would speak out against user created content and want to depend on a single figure to give him everything.

nice meme opinion bro

Maybe we should buy more DLC next time, you fucking goyim.But seriously I hate bootlickers like this fuck who defend some AAA trash to their last breathfor free

100%
Vanilla Skyrim is one of the best RPG experiences in the past 10 years.

go away todd

I thought standard procedure for Bethesda was always 1 or 2 expansions before moving on to the next game.
At least that was the case with Morrowind.
All mods replaced was bullshit like Horse Armor, and anyone who wants that shit back ought to choke on a bag of dicks.

shut up you faggot nigger

ya ya monica he ryt, least w/ normalfags fam i mean u give dem nyckas mods dey finna have all sorta problems cuh dey dum af das y dey playin skyrim in da firs place monica.

Checked

Skyrim is practically unplayable without mods. Even then, it's still the not a terribly interesting game about killing wyverns dragons and going on adventures.

They gave up on development way before they even published the game. The DLC they released was just their attempt to get more money out of their bloated cashcow, because Zenimax is one of the kike-iest companies around.

dubs confirm

no

wew

He's right you double nigger.

I wish we could go back to using dragons with wings separate from their legs

ayy

Dubs of truth.

I think he is.
While Fallout 4 is a mockery of pretty much everything it tried to do, Skyrim at least managed to get a nice balance between Exploration, Action and Story. It's not good by any means, but I can see how it might be liked.

The DLCs for Skyrim were probably the best part of it, like some of Fallout's 3 DLCs since they're more contained, they generally have more care put into them, condensing a lot of content into smaller areas.

Mods did kill the game, as they killed Bethesda games in general. There's no reason for them to make content, because people will just make it for them. What's the point of spending millions in making DLC that will sell 1/100th of the sales of the game when some faggot makes it for you (sometimes with better writing and content)?

It's sad, if Bethesda had kept mods being payed the modding community would've probably died completely which would've then forced them to actually make something good for once.

That doesn't mean mods killed skyrim, that means lazy developers killed skyrim. If they weren't lazy, mods would've had no impact on the game's quality.

But the mods made them lazy.
It doesn't really matter if mods are a symptom or an effect, they're still very central to the problem.

No, that means they were always lazy. If they weren't lazy then mods would never have impacted the quality of the game. You're blaming a symptom, not the cause.

bump

He's right for the wrong reasons.

Mods "killed" Bethesda because now they know they can make shitty broken games and just have their customers fix it up for them. They don't even have to release expansions, the fans do that themselves too.

Noice m8

I didn't even know I had mods installed but I guess I had to have

For what purpose?

They're still releasing DLC which is the closest thing to an expansion these days.

Why is this yet to be bumplocked?

Dubs confirm the confirm

muh mods

It's actually reasonably vidya-related, if nothing else.

he's totally wrong.
Mods especially the community fixes make the vanilla actually not a buggy pile of shit. The issue is more to do with the fact that the game was a broken base to begin with, then add completely bullshit tools that 3rd party developers had to produce hacks for in order to get the results they were after.. Yeah is it any wonder it crashes like a bitch. The negativity is more to do with the paid mods thing, everyone called out their shit and didn't change their review on the front page out of distrust of Bethesda.

Its a typical apologist bullshit, blame the few people who are actually keeping the game relevant by actually fixing shit and improving it instead of blaming the people that basically ruined it to begin with and went out of their way to sabotage the people trying to fix it.

Fuck this guy.

TLDR;

This faggot would rather blame the community who do it for free than blame people who are paid to work on this game. And that to me is a massively dickish thing to say. The guys an asshole.

He's obviously factually wrong, as Skyrim is scheduled to receive a new expansion soon.

it's literally just skyrim again with a built-in ENB and unfucked vram management
also CONSOLE MODS REMEMBER TO ONLY INSTALL BETHESDA APPROVED MODS BOUGHT DIRECTLY FROM BETHESDA.NET GOY

I was making a joke. Anyway, the fact it gets a remaster clearly shows that Beth isn't done with Skyrim yet, thus invalidating all the faggot in the OP said

impressive

Bethesda offered a few free mods made by them for Morrowind to show off the Construction Kit capabilities. They wanted the community to engage and create custom content. At first the mods focused on giving more of the same and eventually moved on to trying to fix some issues within the game.

This is how mods for the modern game end up being. Morrowind is probably the last exception as its mods aren't as impactful as Oblivion or Skyrim's. Mods generally try to compliment the gameplay within a game. However, Skyrim's gameplay derives from huge repetitiveness which is nothing like Daggerfall's. You get infinite or generic quests but the outcome is always the same. You get to do the guild quests but there is no consequence or bigger battle thus there is no satisfaction. You get incredible gear but due to level scaling, it never feels satisfactory to use said gear as it doesn't feel as powerful. There is also the problem of directly empowering the player as Dragonborn and not having a sense of progression as you eventually get from punching mudcrabs to fighting gods using the different gear you've found.

So mods didn't compliment the game. Instead, their impact became different. They went out of their way to try and focus on certain aspects and redo them completely. Of course, the mods will never be able to fix the broken story and quest set up. But by no mean are they what's wrong with Skyrim. Skyrim's biggest issues is that it catered to the general public. It removed things like navigation in favor of letting the player have a simple way of figuring things out. Even the stat system was simplified. This is supposed to let players have more choice. More choice however means that the choice given becomes less and less impactful. Yes, you are given all these things to do but at the end of the day, you could do just as much with toys. The game becomes less of an RPG-styled game and more like a toybox. And the ultimate point of mods is to try and make the game back into an RPG.

IDGAF but I do know this: Skyrim was my last Bethesda developed game.

Elder Scrolls is dead.