UT4

It's dead isn't it?

It was never alive. It was little more than a tech demo for Unreal 4, but a surprisingly good one at that.

It still has a decent amount of people playing it but they will go away since it isn't getting updated.
I am mad that Beth is going full support for their new casual quake game but Epic can't put a little effort into their new game.

We had at least 10 threads about this and other "arena FPSes resurrections".
They're all dead.
The original playerbase played them to death back in the day and now they're bored/moved on.

Just fucking deal with it and find some other genre to play.

Or because every new one has zero advertising and is made by indie teams of less than 4 people.
See how many people are crazy about the new Quake game to prove my point because that game is actually getting advertised.

That's cause most of the original playerbase are dead.

No.
We played them to fucking death, it's dead jim, move on.

You're not entirely wrong but most of us just got a family and grew out of video games or our reflexes got naturally slow as we aged so we focused on singleplayer games and such.

I refuse to believe that I live in a world where anyone with even a passing interest in vidya, and it's history could ever be hyped about that abomination against god.

played it for a while last year. Was fun but utterly unfinished and with next to no players. Uninstalled because it seemed like the devs abandoned it

wasn't the big thing about this game is that it was supposed to be developed by the community? So much for that I guess

Kek.
Sure thing casual. Just like how everyone is bored of CRPGs and platformers right?

Quake 3 was relesed in 1999 you goddamn moron.
That's SEVENTEEN FUCKING YEARS AGO.

And you're amazed people that never played the originals and just vaguely know the name of the IP are hyped about the new one?

Oh and fighting games. Forgot them. Everyone is totally bored of them right?

It was dead when I told you it was dead last year. You didn't listen. Now you're finally accepting it.

Well actually sorta.
CRPGs and platformers are mostly alive thanks to the indie scene.

And i'd also like to point out that most of the modern indie CRPGs aren't really approved by Holla Forums for various political reasons so if you stand by Holla Forums's opinion, they're essentially still dead.

Thank god, Unreal Shit 4 didnt catch on like 3 on last gen. Everything was a lazy ass shitty looking generic casual Unreal Engine 3 game.

Niggers would just put some blue lens flare on Gears of War and shit on the gameplay and call it a sci-fi rpg.

Fighting games had three separate crashes, if you know anything about their history.
People do get bored of them but then they revive cyclically, it's an estabilished phenomenon at this point.

Last year it had players and updates.
It still has players but no one is updating it.

Half Life seems to still have a small playerbase. Found a pretty chill American server that I got about 150 ping on. I just felt like talking about Half Life. Please don't bully.

And yet it always comes back. So your entire argument that people are just bored of AFPS makes no sense.

except UT4 is actually good.

People who never played Quake are going to pretend that they did and will use the new Quake as a way to prove how oldschool and hardcore they are. It's also going to be endlessly shilled to death on this board, I hope you're ready. The excuse for it will be, "It's better than other shooters today!"

So pretty much like nuDoom?

execpt its not, unless you are a console pleb, you wouldnt know any better then

Yes, and it will be forgotten just as quick

Yes, very good, but have you played it?
Or even for a small secon, watch footage of it?

I used to play it every day until they decided that giving every spawn 25 armor was a good idea.

Now it's shit because that change completely overhauled the weapon balance. Direct hit rockets on fresh spawns take two shots, you need to be near point blank with the flak cannon to one shot, and I think shock combos need to be almost perfectly centered to one shot.

It did not have players last year. It never had players. We're talking less than 100-300 online globally. More than 60 online was an amazing day.

we have daily deus ex and stalker threads and whatever weeb crap autistic obsessive weebs talk about. Fuck off.

It's an objectively better 99. Kill yourself, literally right now.

60+ is enough user. It means I never have a problem finding a game.

I am the only human on earth who still enjoys first person platforming so I enjoyed it.

I don't see an issue with this because it means just spawned players wont get instantly killed.

You know you can reply to more than 1 post in a single post reply, right?
You're not making your case any better, OP.

People tend to not read posts that are too big.
Why does this set off your autism.

I can't wait for vehicles and warfare mode.
UT3 added a shitload of content, it's surprising how little was carried through.