Celebrities in videogames

It's been revealed that Jon Snow (Kit Harrington) and Conor Mcgregor (Conor McGregor) are going to be in the new Call of Duty game.

Do you think this will begin to be common practice, for these large gaming industry companies to get celebrities in their games?

I can't imagine a world where videogames are like movies, where if there's no actors you like a lot of people wouldn't even bother going to watch it. I'd imagine smaller games companies too wouldn't be given time of day because they can't afford to get celebrities in their games.

Nigger.

Kit Harrington can never have another role that doesn't immediately make him look like Jon Snow. Not until he cuts that faggy beard off.

Probably for casuals. I generally try to hope that they'll have game standards but I know better.

Smaller games will be fine as long as the niche of actual vidya gaymers exist

DELET THIS

But on a serious note it'll probably stop when the vidya industry realises what Hollywood is starting to realise i.e. that the GoT cast aren't automatic draws, and just because someone likes Dany or Sansa in GoT doesn't mean they want to see them as Sarah Connor or Jean Grey

This will just bring less space for creativity on the character design, also another feature that will cost a shitload on money that won't be used to improve the gameplay.
And I'm already sick of hearing the same voice actors, now if they get the same fucking face in every games, you might as well drop AAA games you've should've already dropped them a long time ago

But some celebrity games have great character design and creativity.

Literally who?

I fucking hate the Hollywood infestation of gaming. It's already brought in so much cancer. Thankfully, all the celebrity shilling is centered around AAA trash that everyone but casuals has moved away from.

Well voice actors are already distracting enough

This is just another step on bullshit to turn vidya to Pedowood 2.0

To be fair 50 cent stuff is kekworthy, especially his twitter.

HELP HOW DO I ACT

Must be sweet to get paid a few millions to say literally a handfull of lines with some mocap shit on your face and then fuck off home while some programmer nerds make all the work

did the pr retard managing the channel forget to login with a different account?

He's just an autist who got lucky and now he's an action star apparently?

Get your shill together, shits.

Since vidya is starting to turn into cinematic experiences on all fronts, they're going to start bringing on actual actors. Common sense, don't know why we need to have a thread about this.

No…? Why would they? The CoD devs didn't upload the video, and aren't in control of Xbox. The people in control of Xbox are going to say that shit because they're sponsoring it, so of course they're going to back it up by replying to comments in their own name. They're not journalists, user.

A user said it on another thread "Celebrities truly are normalfag`s new gods"

It will totally be a thing in no time, and it will works too! Just ask MGSV- oh wait

I swear to fucking god, the entire fucking GOT, all seasons he has this dumbfuckingstruck ;o face on him, like he's barely comprehending what's going on around him.

Honestly I was a big fan of Kief when I was younger because of 24. He's done a lot of work with vidya before and I would've been down with him to be Venom if the real Big Boss was actually David Hayter, and if the actual goddamn storyline was finished.

It's called "gormless", mate.

This is just going to make video games become more like movies than they already are. Not to mention driving up development costs. AAA shit should pretty much be abandoned at this point. You can't sell shit to the masses without retarded cinematic junk that takes you out of the game, the genre doesn't matter (it seeps into genres it has no business being in).

Good.
Good.

OY VEY WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THAT`S WHAT TALENT LOOKS LIKE NOW GOY

I know she's done games before but did I see Claudia Black in there?

I want people who don't know anything about vidya to leave.

It's a ridiculous trend that's only going to continue. Despite making zero business sense (Shelling out millions for actors who maybe can bring in tens of thousands), they'll continue to do it because (((they))) want it to.

Wrangles focus and identity of games away from developers or the content itself, and thus controls the context of conversation about vidya. It's no longer an Activision game, or an Infinity Ward game, or a Treyarch game- it's a Kit Harington game.

Individual actors are much easier to control and manipulate than entire development teams. Not just the actors themselves, mind you, but also anything surrounding them- press, etc.

Gamergate was a disaster for (((their))) shitty attempts to control videogame press, so it's likely (((they're))) going to push another angle.

Remember to never worship idols, Holla Forums.

ya nigguhs rememba voice actors gettin pissed at liam neeson bein in fo3 jus talkin normal n not voice actin? these nigguhs prolly cheaper than voice actors tbh cuz it's jus some side revenue fo da big names fam

Don't you ever get tired of rping as a nigger

ya boi ain't rp-in dawg, also fam iz comfy ah tbh monica

>>>Holla Forums

pls no

You should be ashamed of yourself, no one should have to go there

Is this the faggot that gets triggered when he sees the word "kino" mentioned?

Non-tie in celebrity appearances sound like a great way to further bloat game budgets in a generation that's absolutely rife with that. It's nice seeing an actor do the voice of the character in a movie game or something, but it's not necessary. But just getting them in to voice act their likeness in some random title? I don't see the point. There's tonnes of good, cheap voice actors out there.

Just sounds like even more marketing budget going to waste.

Whats the matter with you

Anyone has that chart that shows the difference between Rey and Luke as main characters

What a big pile of shit.

I want to play this game but I don't want to spend the shekels on Steam. Is the NoSteam torrent trustworthy?

fuck this industry

I wonder if these downvotes are paid for by EA to try and gain hype for Battlefield. The game really doesn't look that bad.

and yet it still wouldn't have hair physics

physics are last gen user, now it's all about… actually, I don't know what this gen is about..

Whatever helps the industry to crash faster.

I think it was very prophetic that Malcom McDowell said while working on WC3 that it was going to presage the new Hollywood.

But he war better than hayer. After mgs4 he only had one tone voice, and was expensive as shit. There where stats showing that kid fee using Union was half as cheap as Hayer after mgs4

I think the scale of mainstream actors/actresses getting voice roles in video games has increased significantly since 1994 (outside vanity project shit)

So what, you think they'll go the Cisbusters route and blame the latest failed AAA release on "angry sexist goobergater virgins pissed off" that Lena Dunham voices the MC in Fallout 7: The Privilege Checkening?

Though to be fair, in the books, he's described as a pretty gormless try-hard who tried to be more like Ned.

While young Ned was pretty cocky and more lively, JAHN SNAW is described as a sullen kiddo.

Kit Harrington cannot act, but he was given the correct role.

They make pretty good music tbh

Is this globalist propaganda?

Of course, just like Killzone.

SIEG SDF

Rey has that SJW fish-mouth down pat.

jesus fucking christ. having the actors that are notorious for a certain roll in a different movie is already charring, now they do the same in video games? at least its unlikely to catch on in anything but the high budget yearly release shit.

Blood on the Sand can be played with the music disabled.

So that's why should hire a Hollywood VA instead. Sound logic, smhtbqh famalamdingdongbing.

This one?

On topic, the only time I can think of that I didn't mind a celeb voicing a game character was Benny from NV. Every time they hire a celeb, it wastes money they could've used for something important.

But you see how expensive it is to make vidya these days, you entitled gamers should be happy its only 60 for a game and not 120! In fact, I often buy games twice because great developers like bethesda deserve the money for their life changing games.

Video games featuring celebrities is something as old as the game industry itself.

there is only one McGregor i know and it's
Ewan McGregor

What kind of bullshit is this?

What? It's true though.

Didn't he write those though?

JewJew "Look at my Mary Sue, goyum" Abrams tier

Fucking waste of money. Especially when they pay for them out of the development budget and anot the PR budget.

it depend,
they are doing it because it allow them to "waist" less time in creating a meaningfull character.

so it s normal that this thing tend to be use more often in a time were less and less time are used for character develpoment aside form the basic.

who need character developpment when normalfags get attached to X character because he have a famous face ?

That's why I'm calling it bullshit. I haven't heard anything about the new movies and I think crap like this is why.

I fucking hope not. It was cancerous enough when bioware modeled faces off real life people.

Call of Duty has done this for years.

how come she's still such a qt?

Plastic.

So instead of hiring a competent writer they waste a multitude of that money on some celeb.

Still fucking retarded.

Are you fucking stupid?

Oblivion had Patrick Stewart in it for publicity 10 fucking years ago. Companies have been doing this for almost as long as voice acting and mocapping has been a thing

I think they should hire voice actors first and allow them to do either facial and/or full body mocap, then if they don't find the right people, they can look for celebrities.
If I remember correctly, on Halo 4 (and 5?) both Chief and Cortana voice actors did the voice and facial capture while other actors did the body capture. Jennifer Hale did both the voice and the mocap for Palmer, same for the guy who plays Lasky.

in 2016 you dont need just a writer but also animator and good sound to convey an emotion .

they may think it s to much trouble and they better pay for orlando bloom face to normalfags cry