The Behemoth thread

What does Holla Forums think about the Behemoth and their games?

wow they make flash games and people actually pay for them

castle crashers was fun

Castle Crashers was alright. Battleblock Theater wasn't too bad either.

Though I may be biased since I got gifted one on steam and played my brothers copy of Castle Crashers, so I didn't pay a dime for either of 'em.

I still can't stand Alien Hominid though.

The Satanist was a good album

Haheuhauhaihihehohaohoahoihoehouhiuhiehioha meme games

I'm amazed how they've basically kept the same art style since the late 90's on Newgrounds.

what did he mean by this?

They look like shitty flash games and play even worse

Newgrounds is dead

Stamper is a godsend.

So is Holla Forums :^)

He needs his own documentary.

But there is one user.

they care about making VIDEO GAMES
something lots of people don't seem to want to do in current year
anyone spouting "meme games" hasn't played them

They're charming, but yeah, average.

Why not just make Stamper: The Video Game, at this point?

Alien Hominid was good, Castle Crashers was 10/10, haven't played Battleblock theatre. Tom, Dan, and all the old boys from newgrounds are based as fuck.

I loved Alien Hominid.
Never played anything else because i never bought a memebox and I grew up by the time Castle Crashers left it.

I love castle crashers, played that through a year ago with my best friend and it was fucking great man.

I remember first time I beat it and getting the purple girl and wondering what in the actual fuck am I doing? it was awesome. kinda surprised they never made a second one or an expansion pack or something like that.

agreed

Stamper is great at narration, also a lot of the sleepycrew is amazing, glad that newgrounds is becoming more viable for animators now a days

More Stamper

Proper fun videogames tbh. Can't ask for much else these days

Castle Crashers is too hard.

It's just slow and a little clunky to me.

They're ok. Nothing exceptional though, although I do play Castle Crashers every now and then

It feels like they have a lot of notoriety and fame, but don't actually do much.

I'm going to have an mannerism if they don't put alien hominid on steam like they said they were going to.

You love him user don't lie.

This, he doesn't worry too much about shit and just focuses on making good content rather than social signalling like others

Alien Hominid was a fun Metal Slug clone with a faithful GBA version and Castle Crashers is bloody fantastic for being a heavily ritzed up flash game. Edmund McMillen should take some fucking lessons before farting out a Flash player with a swf and calling it a hand-coded executable like with Binding of Isaac, especially when his legitimately hand-coded engine with Nicalis barely works any better.

Probably since I don't recall them attention whoring much, if at all, they quietly fart out games entirely on their own and keep their advertising mostly to Newgrounds.

Dont make me post the Street Fighter Flash nigger.
Ill fucking do it

These faggots came from newgrounds like that binding of Isaac guy, right? They have very similar artstyles.

Is the best version of alien hominid only on xbox arcard? I don't wanna pay for it.

Just get the GBA rom

dooo eeet

"Newgrounds" artstyle in general is derivative of I want to say it was Tom Fulp's artstyle. Somebody at the Behemoth's artstyle.

Not sure if that's the best version but I played it on Gamecube and GBA and both were good.

Honestly? Dudes preety funny. I'm enjoying these.

Ye he's alright.

You know how there's a lot of artists on the internet that have potential, but they start getting a disproportionate amount of praise and they no longer feel the need to improve?

That's what they are, except applied to videogames.

The games are fun but they generally lack lasting appeal.

Donut steel

Well, that's what the expression means, knowingly or not. It you deem the popularity of a game to be a meme, it rather directly says that you haven't engaged in it and have no intention to. That you are so disinterested in playing the game you don't even know an actual flaw to slam.

And people find this autistic shit funny.

Not as funny as your gay ass lol.

Alien Hominid was a great run-n-gun. Didn't like Castle Crashers much but I only played 1P. Battleblock Theater was pretty good.

Kill yourself. This is cuckchan tier humor.

Hes mad now

They should have stuck to flash games. Even all these years later their games look and play exactly the same as alien hominid. The fact that they haven't improved beyond newgrounds (albeit classic) tier games after a decade of making games makes them shit in my books.
I have the same opinion on source games too. Couldn't enjoy EYE because it felt too much like every other source shooter out there.

oh wow haha you mad nigga

Stamper is a legitimately weird guy, like, he's funny to watch from a distance, but I wouldn't let him near me, or know where I live.

and if he was in my house, I'd have to shoot him.

Ya'know, that kind of weird.

ayyyooo calm dat ass down fam fo i gitz rabid monica

wuz dey newest game da nigga look familiar but i ain't know? i mean dey shit aight tbh but if they mo den 4-5 people dey shit kinda underwhelmin n triflin fo no reason monica

[FRIDGE]

Demigod was much better

These flash games are actually good.
Or would you prefer the great "No Man's Sky"?

When something is genuinely good I don't care who made it or with what, I just enjoy it.
Honestly, 3D and HD graphics were a mistake.

OK to good.
But most the time, rather sharply generic.

Battleblock Theater was basically that, just Stamper doing a ton of improv over a mediocre platformer.

Is that some Weird Twitter goonshit?

What flash games do you recommend? How's the community over there now? So many years have passed…

I'm not a big fan of flash games

Flash games are FUCKING DEAD. Everyone only makes shit for app stores so that they can make money off them now.

Newgrounds kids that thought all the shit content on there meant they were ready for the big leagues.

They weren't.

I'm actually pretty surprised at how Newgrounds animators haven't lost their edge. Their animations sometimes are really good, sleepcabin is a 10/10 podcast at times and the recent Oney plays Revolution 60 is hilarious as background noise.

Follow up on Stamper through his earlier Sleepycast shit. He's pretty entertaining.