Why does it feel like the ps3 and 360 came out not that long ago?

Why does it feel like the ps3 and 360 came out not that long ago?

Because they did?

The 360 came out in 2005 and the ps3 came out in 2006. 10 and 11 years ago.

Ya but it feels the ps4 & xbone came out yesterday,and now they're releasing new consoles which are still under powered..

Thats probably the reason why, older gens had bigger leaps in graphics/technology while newer consoles have kind of stagnated.

because next to nothing has changed since then. 100 years ago would feel like yesterday if there was no distinction between the two.

Consoles suck and even the shitty japanese baby games come to pc now.

Is it technology in general or is it consoles?

People bitch about CPUs slowing down in performance gains.

Yet people bitch that consoles are holding everyone back.

I'm going to update from my i5-750, yet people people say that the 2500 is still great of a cpu

Because you're getting old.

the games where more experimental in the beginning of that gen. Then they got a plan on how to make a game and make it easier.Plus market and selling the games, just playing bf"we wuz kangz"1 feels super safe compared to 4 or even worse bad company 2.

I want to blame the kids watching rather than playing the games.

I remember when, years after PS3 and X260 came out, people were still referring to them as 'next gen', as if the PS2 and friends were still the current gen and people were waiting for the real PS3 and X360 generation to start.

Probably another factor is that this is the first gen that almost completely ignored the real "gamers" and just went for the new audience. I mean, how many games came out for each console that were actually worth getting?

And now, as we look to the future, I don't have a single game I'm truly excited for or want to play aside from Pokemon, but you can hardly call that new, and from rumors they are casualizing that one up as well.

but pokemon has always been casual

They were released almost 12 years ago.

I remember that too, but I kept watching for them to stop saying it that way.

They never did.

As you get older you perceive time passing quicker.

and now it's going to be even more casual. I think I heard something about the game just outright telling you what moves pokemon will be weak against now.

Because they're releasing the same exact games over again.

because it's felt like time as a measure of human progress and achievement stagnated in 2000

It's been over a decade, dude.

Fucking hell, man. Also we really need a good X360 emulator.

Fuck off, nerd.

Holy shit

Only 1 and 3 were good.

At least they'll all die of cancer unlike most of the people I hate.

Because graphics and gameplay haven't changed a single bit since that generation first came out.

It's a strange feeling thinking of what the future will bring.

How will we know? They wont be able to discuss vidya they played

2 and odst were better

because your life has gone nowhere since then

It's technology in general. Pentium 4s can still run modern games at playable cinematic framerates, because cpu clock speeds plateaued a decade ago. And we've long past the point of diminishing returns where throwing more polys at something doesn't help things look better, it's all down to how competent an art team is.

as we age time feels like it moves faster. think about it this way, when your one, a full year is 100% of your life, as you get older a year is "worth" less and less, time will feel shorter simply because you've been through so many. the problem is we are getting old, i didn't even realize it was 2016 until about 2 months ago, i thought it was 2015, the combined effect of this time warp bullshit and the time warping that comes with being a neet for a year basically put me in stasis.

this vid is basically right, even does give off a hipster art student vibe.

I tried halo 5 and it felt like shit.

When is v gonna play halo together again like before

343 killed the rookie off the best way possible