Spore: Moral Dilemma

Should I buy Spore now that it's available DRM-free?

Or for that matter, EA's evilness aside, is it worth $12?

No.

It's only with it if you buy every expansion pack and install mods.
Otherwise it's bare bones shit.
Still miles better than NMS, though thats not hard to accomplish.

I'm looking at the GOG bundle, it includes "SPORE™ Galactic Adventures" and "SPORE™ Creepy & Cute Parts Pack", is that everything?

pirate it
err
try before you buy@!

It's better to pirate since giving EA money is enabling the Satan of gaming. It's also better not to even play it, since Spore just isn't that good. When you get to the Space Age, you can't even fuck around playing God due to your planets being under attack every five seconds. Auto turrets do nothing. Go play Black & White instead OP.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e87426ee8af918f2391421b8a097ebd4b8e742b7

I never had the expectatives everyone had for this game back then because i had mever heard of it prior to my purchase, and may i say that is FUN. I easily put 300 hours into it while flying around space on my penis shaped ship killing everyone.

The truth is with all the expansion packs and everything on it? It' a fun solid game that you can pour some hours into.

It was always more the buildup to what we were supposed to be getting, rather than the fact that the game itself is horrible. It's a nice solid fun 7/10 game and with the expansions? I'd call it an 8/10. It's in large part dependent on how much you can place yourself into the game. You have to engross yourself in the plights of your civilization to really have fun with it.

Yeah… that's always an option.

That does sound fun.

Don't buy it no matter what. Grab that booty for free, and mod it when you realize how shallow the base game is. Biggest sin for me was removing the aquatic life stage, second biggest sin is how stupidly simple every aspect is so it feels like 4-5 shitty games chunked together rather than a beautiful package that they showcased in alpha.

The game that we got, outside of FUCKING SECUROM, was actually passable.
The problem was that it was not the game we were promised, nor was it the game Wright wanted to make, and for that it is an irredeemable pile of shit that should never be paid for if you have a single shred of humanity in your soul.

Are you trying to waste money?

As long as you're not at war with anyone you can ignore planetary attacks because they'll only be pirates, and pirates have such a negligible effect on profits that anything you do to fight them will cost you way more than you'd lose by just ignoring them.

also remember this is an 8 year old game that was just now made drm free. fuck ea for ruining maxis

About: The SPORE™ Collection includes:
- SPORE™
- SPORE™ Galactic Adventures
- SPORE™ Creepy & Cute Parts Pack

It's missing the Robot parts. And I'm not sure but it may be missing the exoskeleton parts too.

Spore still hurts.

The game had limited installs when it shipped originally

yeah thats everything

just make sure you use mods, they are easy to find with google. good ones are part mods like dark injection and gameplay ones would be shit like platinumspore

yes thats everything

that shit is hard to install and not worth the risk

if OP really wants it he can find it by googling around, but it was so poorly done that it can break the entire installation of the game if a single thing is done incorrectly

Moral Dilemma wise, I guess the question is whether it's better to punish a company for being evil, or reward them for finally doing the right thing.

That's the FUCKING SECUROM I was talking about.
Decoupled from expectations, and after they patched that shit out, it was very much a 6/10 game.
What happened with spore was a fucking travesty, and you should never give EA money for it unless you're a fucking 9-year-old, but it's only mediocre at worst on its own merits.

Like other people have said, I played Spore with no idea about the hype and no expansion packs and had a great time.

That said, fuck EA.

Yeah. Fuck EA. Spore is still great game, and I still play it occasionally since it's so fun to make creatures, but it's not what it was hyped up to be due to EA sperging out and dumbing it down prior to release.

OK, so I got as far as the creature stage, (apparently unwisely) made an herbivore and there's no fruit anywhere. WTF? Well, there were two pieces at the very start, but that's it.

So basically I've got a mayfly, it never eats, it just fucks. (And when the new one is born, it starts with max food, not sure how that works…) So technically I play like this, but surely that isn't how it's supposed to work!

How I mine 4 fruit? Or how do I get a carnivorous mouth? (Yes, I've been running around collecting bones.)

The tidepool stage was fun, but so far I'm unpressed by the creature stage.

You're stuck with the same mouth type, you can never swap from one to another. And you get fruit from the trees but it looks like RNG has fucked you over and made sure there are no trees.

between one more sale or no sale, which do you think will have a bigger effect? morals don't apply when we're talking about whole companies

Right. Because animals can't evolve to eat different things when preferred resources are scarce. Oh wait.

Man that's lame.

How is this a dilemma? Nobody hated Spore because of the DRM. Spore was hated because it was a bastardized, ruined form of what it could have been. In short because it was a shit game.

The DRM was just a big "fuck you" cherry on top.

Better get it today before king nigger hands over IP rights to the UN. I have a sinking feeling that anyone torrenting in the next few months will suddenly get a letter from another nation kevetching about IP laws.

Also, if you try to have 2 different mouth types, the game crashes.

Are any of the major mods for this game still in circulation / still working? I tried the copy of BetterSpore 1.51 that I found, but it didn't work.

There are people who liked Spore? Who knew.

That's all I'm asking for

The game's alright. I wouldn't have bought it, though, if I'd known. I fell for the hype.
It was the last time I ever fell for the hype.

That was the look of a man who was defeated. Rip in peace Wright.

Play the sequel, it's much better.

compared to this spore is a fucking masterpiece

If only there was worthwhile gameplay to go with this creature creator. Fuck.

The game is shit. It's so fucking boring, it's too fucking simplistic and easy. The only enjoyable aspect is the editors and that gets boring as shit the second you realize there's no point to it because the stuff you're making isn't being put to good use at all as the game itself is shit.

I never really cared for the tribal/civilization/space creators, though. They had mediocre content compared to the creature creator, and most of what you chose had to be selected with the terribly shallow phase mechanics in mind.
Space mode's fun for a while, zipping around and painting planets and whatnot, but getting there just doesn't feel worth it.

FUCK EA I HATE THEM SO MUCH THEY RUIN EVERYTHING WHY DID SPORE HAVE TO BE SO FUCKED UP WHYYYYY

I am rapidly deciding you are correct.

From memory, the biggest complaint that I had with Spore is that every segment of the game was basically a different genre. It's like there were too many moving parts that it was bound to be underwhelming and fail.

You will feel ripped off with the amount of playtime you get for your $12, just pirate it.

Creature creator was such a disappointment too, I think total there were only 45 parts to choose from. EA really tried to jew the game out with expansions like the sims, it felt like we only got 1/3 of a game.

Reported.

Trying too hard.

Care to explain? From what I read on wikipedia, the only part of the ICANN that influences IP addresses is IANA which allocates adress blocks to different regional internet registries who then provide smaller address blocks to ISPs who assign IP addresses within those address blocks to customers. Is there something I'm missing or are you just worried that regions might be assigned different address blocks?

what mods would you recommend to make this shitfest better?

It was on sale OK? I didn't know any better. Thank you guys for saving me from a terrible mistake.

Yeah, there's nothing that's not disappointing about the game. Some parts are less disappointing than others, and certain isolated aspects can be enjoyed for a short time, but overall the game is one of the biggest tragedies of vidya.

Command and conquer
the Sims (fuck you the first one was revolutionary
Simcity
All of Bioware
Westwood
Origin

EA raped me so many times.

Did they level up?

It is a real shame that it wasn't what it should have been. Might have taken a year or two more in dev to hit that, but it really could have worked.

Pirate it and don't fucking buy it. GOG is great cause they prepackage their games to make them the best to pirate. No cracks, no messing around just enjoy your free game.

I don't buy from gog, but I sure love stealing their games.

Command and conquer was worth buying back when there was a big active online community to play with.

As a general rule there are only two good reasons to buy video games in fucking general
1. multiplayer
2. you want to give money to the devs