Underrated Game Tracks

What's some of the music you see never brought up when game soundtracks are discussed?

I rarely see embed related when C&C tracks are brought up. It's just a 1 minute tune that loops over the campaign map screen, but it's one of the best 1 minute of music I've ever heard in a game.

Other urls found in this thread:

vip.aersia.net/vip.swf
youtube.com/watch?v=SsxYFUgK_FY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vip.aersia.net/vip.swf

Of everything about the game and it's strange low yet high quality, no one ever seems to have complaints about the soundtrack.

Especially this tune.

Policenauts theme is super funky, never see it.

I was expecting something funkier than this.

The whole of Black Mesa is underrated as fuck and the only song that ever gets posted on Holla Forums is Questionable Ethics

Fighting Games in general.

People don't talk about Danganronpa's OST much, and when they do it's always the loud and wacky stuff. I think the best music in the games are the ambient ones like this.

It's nothing special. It's like one of those generic stock musics you buy or download from Newgrounds for your student projects. It has the personality of generic epicness and not much else. You could slap it into pretty much into any action game ever and it would fit just as well.

Come on, everyone talks about HM's OST and whenever 2 comes up that's the first song they go to.

Such a great time with this game.

let me post plserino

Every track from this game is fucking sex, I never understood why people didn't post anything from it.

This whole game's soundtrack is pure gold, yet the only songs people can name at the top of their heads is Metropolis or Novalis.

Shit gave me chills when I first heard it. Those first few seconds

I never see anyone talk about the Ninja Council 2 soundtrack.

I have searched high and low and to this day I have not found a good rip of the music from the last fight with Gaara

The fact that this never made it into the arranged album from a while ago hurts me.

Though I'm sure I would've preferred the original, anyway.

Forgot the embed. I am become error.

There are some good tracks in hipster-zelda's OST.

Pretty much the entire Stunt Race FX soundtrack. I love it to death but I hardly hear anyone talk about the game, let alone the music.

If anything the OST is one of the most overrated parts of it.

I liked that game more than Mario Kart.

never hear anyone compliment the main menu theme in specific though

this is my personal favourite song in runescape, it really conveys the feeling of going on a massive adventure

bamp.

Daggerfall has the best soundtrack in the series.

I-i thought I was alone

Epic Pinball remaster WHEN

Everything about this game is never brought up

Though to be fair, sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who played this game.

I also feel like Knuckles's tracks in Sonic Adventure 2 don't get enough love.

This one is is even more amazing when you think about the game it came from.

I like the songs from his own game better. Probably the chillest soundtrack of the 4th gen.

Chillest song, maybe.
The rest of the soundtrack was forgettable.

This is really the only thing great about this game as far as I can recall.

Mind you, it's the difference between instrumental tracks made using the constraints of the 32x system, versus genuine hip hop songs composed for a video game.

It's enough to warrant a "They're both good for different reasons".

I saw that on steam quite a while ago, is it any good? I kind of wanted to pick it up.

You are not alone. The soundtrack is great, but starkly contrasts how sinister the game becomes.

It's awesome.
Be warned; It's tough as nails. Stages don't take more than 30 seconds to complete from start to finish, but you will spend hours trying to clear a chapter.

I downloaded an autoclicker to shoot 60 times a second for me, just so I could beat Lovely Swamp.
To this day I still can't clear half of those stages legit.

Bo en is pretty sick, even if his japanese is a little cringy.

I did not know he did actual music.
Now I know.

Not the user who brought him up, but yeah his music is pretty fuckin sweet

I don't see anyone ever talk about this soundtrack, and it's fucking amazing.

I'm surprised anyone else likes his music.
When I brought it up on /mu/ they called me bad names.

**Does anyone actually know what the hell this genre is called
? I've heard Japanese post funk mentioned before.**

I hate to say it but /mu/ has niche taste in music.

It's less of a board for music and more of a board for /mu/ pre-approved music.

This shit pseudometal crap you just posted fits perfectly with what you just said.

shoegaze?

Not what I had in mind but still pretty good shit. Thanks anyway.

Back on the topic of this thread, I have yet to see anyone talk about this game itself. I really enjoyed it, even if I'm terribad at it.

I'm like 80% this was ripped off for a tune for Shovel Knight

Same with this one

I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention this one youtube.com/watch?v=SsxYFUgK_FY

It's not really underrated but I rarely see people talk about Lethal League.