GTA

Also GTA thread I suppose, but yeah, GTA is always best played with a keyboard and mouse, auto aiming is for lesbians who ride the bus.

Other urls found in this thread:

gta4-mods.com/script/ambient-wars-revival-2010---v2100-f6036
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

IV had a better story than V.

The way the main game and the 2 DLC stories intertwine is proof of that.

Used to be a fucking blast getting into airport lobbies with people duking it out with RPGs, helis, and whatnot. Now it's a fucking shitshow where if you even so much as RPG someone, you're votekicked. Even worse is the script kiddies who use their mod menu to straight up packet inject and crash your game.

Fuck everything. Nothing fun ever lasts.

Which was all around better though? I'm thinking of getting one.

Try GTA5 its even better.

I'm pretty sure that's how GTAV Online is it right now.

I would not be surprised in the least if it was all the GTA V shitters than bought 4 and wanted to see what it's online was like.

Game was never like this before 2013.

IV

That's a shame, remember having some fair and square good times as a wheelman in multiplayer. I do recall when it started to go sour though, people flying around on golf carts and all that shit.

I blame youtube, gives retarded children easy access to the means of having cheap fun and then it never recovers.

Why haven't they made a GTA 4 Private RP servers?

It's exactly the same. I took down a guy who put C4 on my car while I was shopping for ammo, and while I drove away he dumped a bunch of ferris wheels on the highway. Fucking kids ruining everything

Stay away from GTA IV or you'll be infected with the autism of its fanbase without even interacting with them, you'll find yourself tard raging at people who don't appreciate its perfect artistic deepness in no time.

Anyone recommend good GTA mods? I only played a handful of zombie mods for vice city, and I was wondering if there's anything similar for GTA 4

There aren't a whole lot of great GTAIV mods. The modding was pretty rough, a lot hacks to get things working. I really only with played LCPDFR and this riot mod gta4-mods.com/script/ambient-wars-revival-2010---v2100-f6036

Also wanted to see if these quints were something good, I know I'm a faggot

gotcha, downloading now. Online servers have any life to them?

also, might as well second this

Thanks for the link pal, I can tell that modding never truly took off for 4, but at least it's got some notable mods.

Average console pleb that made Rockstar downgrade the physics in V. You people are fucking idiots.

GTA 4 Version of FIVEM when?

How does GTAV in one breath, parody the idea of buying money/powerups/upgrades in-game with real cash, and then without a hint of irony or self-awareness - offer in-game cash cards for GTAOnline?

Are the GTA Shark Cards just another Rockstar joke, except this time, the punchline is anybody dumb enough to actually buy them?

Be sure to get those graphics mods and high-res textures; shit look gorgeous.

Remember when the game went on sale for something like 30% off but the game was still $60 because they bundled it with ingame money to drive the price back up?

Oh yeah, that was a good one.

Rockstar can get away with it due to their preexisting reputation. Any other company would've been fleeced for selling Za $60 game with microtransaction.
GTA V was alright but it's not the same anymore. The biggest thing I've enjoyed about it is how much salt it has generayed from GTA IV autists, moreso than SA ever did.

No, I haven't been paying much attention to it until I found the PC version in the bargain bin at WalMart for around $10.

That sounds about right though.

What does that say about your game, when there is a monetarily valuable demand to spend less time with it.

For MMO's, I can kind of understand. MMO's are shit. GTA, for all it's faults, still has the potential for entertainment value.

Thanks sounds like a lot of fun. Shame that the graphics mod makes my frame rate tank. I mostly just used minior mods in my repack. pcgamingwiki is very useful, when trying to fix things.

My nigga. It's always good to be able to look around freely when driving.

You can look around freely while driving with a controller too

Except aircraft controls, I always switch to a controller at whim.

Good luck with those flying missions of GTA:SA with KB+M.

I use both. Controller for driving/flying for analog triggers/sticks - and mouse & keyboard for everything else, especially if it involves aiming.

Thankfully, GTAV supports dual inputs. The only better setup I imagine would be to get a steering wheel for the driving portions instead of using a controller.

The missions of that annoying jamaican guy is what stops me from replaying IV.

Personally the train one and the fist drug one are a pain. Other than those the character for me isn't annoying. Personally that mocho "taking back the streets" rapper is probably the most anyyoing character in the game due to how obvious he can't do shit in a fight and has to be protected from everything.

Is this the "Skyrim and Oblivion are actually good" thread?
GTA IV was fucking garbage

Whenever you have something worse to compare it to, you start to rethink your stance on certain things.

I had significantly more fun and an overall significantly more enjoyable experience playing GTA V than I did playing GTA IV. GTA IV just doesn't have the diverse environments and sit that really gave GTA V "soul" and substance. GTA IV to me felt like a shallow experience played on a tiny-ass map with everything looking dull and gray with zero dynamic range and a protagonist with a robotic personality and a broken Russian accent

fight me IVfags

It's just that GTA IV has a very slow tedious start, but that's it, the rest is good.

I know standarts have gone to shit since then, but still, the setting is ok, the story is good, the game itself is fucking garbage,

The map is better in 5 sure, but the AI, cops,driving, physics and gunplay are all objectively worse

Why is everything so shit

Not just the map, but GTA V actually has dynamic range while GTA IV is all dull and gray

Yeah but you play it for a bit of time and you realize how many steps back they took while taking steps forward in other areas, if only we could get some sort of hybrid to bring the good aspects of both together, like a certain redux mod that got shitcanned the other day.

There's always mods
But I personally have no problems with the direction they went in V. I think its a matter of preference

Yeah well you can't highlight any of them and just like the "feel" so your opinion is worthless,
probably one of those losers I see online who drives around RPing as a civilian and cries and reports people to rockstar when they blow up your car, congrats on being the cancer killing this series.

I'm not going to highlight them because the post formatting

rebuttal
rebuttal
rebuttal

Has always been autistic as fuck and never comes to any conclusion aside from more appeal to emotion, gish galloping, and argument by assertions

have a nice fucking day faggot

Hi Todd

That's wrong, MolyJew. I argue against arguing with you

Psst, nothin personel, kid

you know you can turn that shit off right?

The missions in GTA 4 are absolute dogshit. They didn't get better until the DLC and even then only ballad of gay tony gets anywhere close to the previous games.

mods are love, mods are life

so what are a list of recommended mods for IV?

GTA V's worst problem is how disconnected missions from the open world. Main draw of GTA for me was, how it doesn't had open world just to fuck around, and all the tools for fucking around is available to assist in you missions. You can get really creative with your aproach and RNG aspect wasn't a detriment, as much as making you improvise in think on your touth.
It's all fucked up starting from TBoGT, where they introduced grading system. It was really hard to get a good grade in certain missions due to RNG, so when they carried over that sydtem to GTA V, they designed mission in more linear way, disconnected from open world. You can't improvise anymore and break out of intended pathway because it's ether to scripted or you have a time limit.

WEW
E
W

A game about steal cars won't let you steal a person's car or blow it up if they paid real shekels for it. Top fucking kek.

The bigger joke was that people who bought that bundle could not refund the game.

Bought it to try it out if it works on your toaster? Too bad, the Shark Card counts as used on the moment of purchase, enjoy your game that you can't run.

Hey are you fucking me?

It's really enjoyable once I put in the same songs from Burnout 3, which by the way the driving is fucking great in a weird way.

IV has better pacing but is boring.

You actually get penalized by being put into a griefer player pool that you cant get out of now, as well as a Dunce hat.

So by getting involved in a PVP event during MP and blowing up a armored car full of people you get immediately placed in the pool and disconnected.

Luckily, Nigger Menu and other menus can clear the badboy points as well as other things immediately so you can go straight back into it.

If cockstar hadn't decided to make GTA online the next big cashgrab by forcing players to buy shark cards if they don't want to spend the next year of their life grinding tedious and boring missions you wouldn't need these rules as everyone could just spawn cars.

this can't be true, you should be unable to be this retarded

Well at least you can access to the multiplayer part. That's not the case for the other Rockstar game: Red Dead Redemption. The servers have been hacked many times and R* gave up. These days it's a miracle if you can join multiplayer and find people who aren't invisible.

you are actively penalized and punished for taking part in pvp which includes destruction of vehicles and other property. its actually better for you to not play public games and only play with friends.

V. V is so much better.

I don't think your true.

I liked him exactly for how full of shit he was. And he at least could speak proper english.

Keyboards aren't pressure sensitive. partially pressing a key is considered the same as holding the key down in the context of games. Controllers allow you to at least control how hard you turn.

Keyboard for shooting and platforming and whatnot

Controller for driving and maybe flying.

I've never had problems driving in GTA games. I just tap tap tap quickly instead of holding halfway on a stick.

There is absolutely zero issue using kbm to drive in GTA games.
Besides, you do know in IV/V that you shoot/aim while driving. In which case kmb>controller.

life is suffering

None of the GTA games require that much precision

Tapping keys is fine but it doesn't feel as smooth or natural. Getting good at drifting around corners with KBM in VI is a really good feeling though.

I was speaking more in general as far as game games go. Playing something like Sonic All Star Racing feels much better with a controller than keyboard

You're right.

Meant IV, obviously

Fuck thats what i loved about this game. I love it when movies, shows etc pull shit like this

I started replaying GTA3 recently, since I've never beat it without cheats (actually never beat any of the PS2 GTAs without cheats), and doing the special vehicle missions make me realize how much I miss them from the new games. The taxi mission tests how well you know routes through the city and the different destinations, the ambulance mission is tough but finishing it gets you an extremely useful upgrade, and same goes with the firetruck one. Even without the upgrades they were great options for getting money, something the newer GTA games don't really have. After you beat the last main mission in GTA4 there's not a lot of reliable and fun ways to make money (that I remember); a bit of a lesser extent in GTAV, but still no fun and reliable ways.

I miss my Crazy Taxi minigame.

IV - at least I played through til the end. I couldn't stand V at all with the immense amount of bullshit.

I'll check those dubs. It really betrayed the comical heritage the series had going for awful 'realism.' Replaying III right now and that shit has me hooked again like 15 years ago.

huh

>Many of the heist set-up missions and the heist missions themselves are impossible with random players without the bulletproof car

How about the one where they shit on the cloud for being overhyped , finicky dogshit in the radio commercials and then predicate their entire online component on cloud servers? It's like the right hand making fun of the left in this game.

IV has a stronger narrative drive (for those interested).

V starts really well but the 3 douches end up having no chemistry together and no appeal as characters.

IV, 3 great stories all separate

V, 3 mediocre stories in one

(checked)

Holla Forums lacks the ability to find enjoyment in anything until everyone else has stopped giving a fuck about it. If more than 3 people care about a game at any given time, it's automatically pleb tier trash.

Holla Forums. Home of only the most 1337 gamers. Sometimes I swear most of you faggots play at most like 1 hour of video games a month. And when you do play, it's probably some pleb-tier trash like Super Smash brothers. Fucking kill yourselves.

They've totally lost their skill at satire. Lost their edge and their teeth. Can't make fun of politics because don't you know, we have a black president now! Can't make fun of culture, because it's current year!

Did they ever fix it? I remember this game still had GFWL dependency even after GFWL was shut down(Preventing you from saving). Has this been fixed or am I gonna have to crack this shit?

vice city

now go back to reddit

xliveless isn't something that considered a crack I think. Also you should depatch GTA IV to 1.0.0.4 patch from 1.07. It'll run better.

GTA is just too edgy.

Actually you can get away with blowing up something like 50 player vehicles before you get sent to the kool kids klub, but yeah stupid system overall. What irks me about GTA Online is that there is fun shit to fuck around with like using the cargobob to pick up cars and dropping them on players & the trains actually work in multiplayer unlike GTA IV & most of the stuff you can do in singleplayer you do online minus being able to ragdoll on the fly even that one ghost easter egg works online.
The thing is though the game punishes you dicking around in freeroam it's almost like R* wants you to go play anything but freeroam. The last content patch was pretty fun if like wacky racing though.

IV was your typical post 2000 PC game. Meaning

Unfortunately, the graphics just showed off a dirty, filthy brown city.
The physics being so precise that you can get tripped up an a curb or discarded coffee cup, and spend the next 20 minutes flopping around like a fish on the ground.

Gameplay was indistinguishable from gta3, only somehow worse, story was some sob story about how immigrants have it so tough, cops had the shittiest ai, either magically knowing you where commuting crimes or not being able to see you in a bush at the city park get away system is better then v though, a city wide nan hunt for punching a guy? BS
Even the hidden package system was shit, gotta shoot a pigeon, but it alerts all police in a ten block radius.
And exploding hotdog stands that eventually had to be patched out.

V did alot wrong, but at least it put doing enjoyashit above looking good

wall of text incoming, the horrors of gta online

nigger until a few months back you could get banned in gta online, download a cheat and unban yourself with cheats.
I've seen my consoletard brother play the game on his xbox 360 a while after launch and he hopped in online and got a house with 2 cars going then a guy with cheats joined his match and made it so every time he logs in he instantly blows up and dies rendering the game unplayable. a while later he tried again and it was fixed but every time he entered his garage all of his cars exploded and sometimes the game crashed, he was told to request rockstar to fix it and they did but then one time i asked him why wasn't he playing the game he loved so much and apparently he literally got banned by a guy using cheats to ban people.
He bought the game for me on PC and i figured "i already have it, what the hell" and so when i tried the online 2 out of 3 lobbies were full of people instantly blowing up, some guy literally covering the map in boeings, people being turned into bad sports out of nowhere, having all of their weapons removed, houses with huge fans nearby that throw the person into space, people being tagged as developers and having random npcs with railguns follow them and kill or ram them, everything caused by cheaters

Unfortunately GTA5PCMP is either griefers like that, or people who just join games and start dumping millions of bucks on people like me, fuck the grind, fuck shark cards and fuck rockstar

This is what happens when you have strict DRM and no user servers. They wanted to lock the economy so people buy shark cards.

Imagine user servers with decent community,100+ players enabled (region restricted for good connections), no player map icons (except for teams of course), integrated and seamless racing, heists etc. It would be like the wild west and you could hide in plain sight. You'd see cars fly by from a race, or hear gunshots and sirens in the distance from some heist going down.

You will never have this because RSC and CURRENT_YEAR vidya.

they dmca'd all the openMP stuff too.

GTA 3 trilogy is way more arcady which has it's advantages and detriments and sure as hell there's a lot of differences. In GTA 4 has amazing gunplay and movement animations, but on another hand, you hold shift all the time on foot, to move and there's not much in terms of side missions, but at least it's better than GTA V where's they are mostly absent or exist as some gutted pointless junk, that not even that rewarding.
Big deal, you can get rid of 1 wanted star easily, unlike in GTA V where you have to be on the run for 5 min minimum to do the same thing, without resorting of using Pay&Sprays.
That the thing - it doesn't. It filled to brim with boring shit like watching a cutscene to driving from point A to point B, to watch another cutscene, heavily scripted corridor shoot outs, one long ass drives from one place to another, just so you could listen for yet another shity dialog between to characters. It's like they took the worst thing from GTA IV and build their game around them. GTA IV for what it's worth, was a sandbox where you could fuck around, during missions or outside of them. GTA V has so much "no fun allowed" shit: police, grade system, samey car handling, etc., that I barely finished it.

Go back to reddit already, fucking sperg.