Nier: Automata

Let's discuss some Nier. I never played the first one, but it's made by platinum and I enjoyed MGR and Bayonetta, so I want to pick it up to expand my cuhrayzee collection on pc. Will I miss out story wise or is it ok to skip? Also what are your hopes for the pc port, aside from performance. I hope we get some mods especially nude ones like with MGSV and that we get a console like in embed related.

Seems like I have to put some Nier/Drakengard/Undertale crossover art on my to-do-list.

nice job starting the thread on a sour note. There was a chance we could've had a nice thread about the game, but now it's probably gonna be flooded by baitposting.

Why are you such a faggot?

GETSU

never before have I seen a thread so perfectly destroyed. I, as OP, concede to those digits.

I'm looking into it. I'll probably never discuss it and just enjoy it as a standalone experience.

Impressive.

You probably won't miss out on any core story stuff by starting with Automata since timeline wise it takes place ~8 thousand years after Nier, but being that this is a Yoko Taro game who knows, it could end up being a prequel to Drakengard 3 all along.

Nice gets fam
Did the 5th exodus start already or what?

Wow, welcome to the post-Undertale MOTHER fanbase.

shit get

If you wanted a better get you should have gotten it yourself.

I'm sorry user, I was going for the nines but fucked up. Please don't kill your thread.

checking

Yeah…no.

No.

Not shitting up the board is also an option. Just throwing that out there.

Why was this post deleted?

How much do you think it's plausible for them to release Nier 1 and Drakengard 3 on PC?

because he was being a faggot and we laughed at him too hard.

What was it?

I want too know this as well.

"waaaah now my niche game is going to be ruined by other people talking about it"

Is that the Junk Heap?

Is Nier good enough to take my busted ass 360 out from the closet? I like what I've seen from Automata so far and I like the soundtrack

Drakengard trilogy and NiER PC versions when?

You can emulate Drakegard 1 and 2.

==NEVER EVER== Memes aside though, I hope as many games in general get released on PC, because they get a better chance at being played by future generations and not forgotten on a system that is held hostage by scalpers and not tied down with emulation.

You don't need to know anything since Automata takes place thousands of years into the future, long after the events of Nier. There are some details that might make you enjoy it a bit more if you played it though, like Emil showing up again and new versions of Popola and Devola coming back.

Drakengard/Nier games have been very self-contained for the most part with a few rather subtle references/cameos tying the games together (Nier's "A red dragon falls from the skies…" for example). 'Sides the madman himself has said to not worry about the story. He even encouraged people to watch it on youtube if they wanted to.

For what purpose

Checked.

just watch a let's play tbh.
drakengard games are very interesting, but the gameplay never exceeds being tedious to mediocre. outside of gameplay, nier does some really cool stuff & story wise some it will probably impact what's happening in automata

i hope isn't shit and doesn't have denuvo. outside of that, i just want actual difficulty settings/progression that are more in line with cuhrayzee than what nier had.
they've already said that the game is gonna be easy so that rpgfags can play it, i just hope that doesn't make the game shallow

it's worth remembering that there's a similarly large timeskip within the first game. i think what happened to emil in nier & how things ended could be very important

they also did nier.

Yoko Taro himself literally told people to just watch a youtube version of NieR if they really want to, and that you don't have to in order to understand what's going on in Automata.

Protip: redtext only works between newline characters
redtext yes
==redtext== no

looks like it

Thread confirmed kill.

bencils is benis

nice work on those digits and killing another nier shillthread.

Honestly it'd be worth buying a 360 just to play the game and listen to the music. So yes. If you have a ps3 though play it on that, has better lighting, 360 has terrible bloom.

The chances of Automata having Denuvo are high. Every Squeenix PC release since Tomb Raider have used it. This means mods could be tricky. All we really need is a mod that could fix the translation if needed. Jap voice pack with good subs. But hey, 8-4 did the first game and people love it, so maybe they can do it again?

As for performance, I think it will be fine. Graphically not a demanding game I'd expect and Platinum did MGR which was a good port right? You just had to use some third party program to trick the game into being borderless fullscreen for that sweet 60FPS.

no. its a very average game with some "lol plottwists". just read read an online summary. the story isn't worth it to slog through the hours of super-mediocre gameplay.

My largest worries are Denuvo and content taken out of the game to sell for DLC like Mankind devided and Drakengard 3

You speak like a shill. Anyways, 8-4 also did Drakengard 3 and they raped that like a african raping a blonde.

This time Yoko said that 8-4 has been given complete freedom to alter the script however they see fit.

Pick only one.

Can you point me in the direction of some nude mods for MGSV? I can only find 1 and it looks shitty.

Also, you should play the first Nier or at least listen to the soundtrack. It's probably my favorite soundtrack for any game next to maybe Metroid Prime or Donkey Kong Country 2.

The singer uses a made up language, so it's really unique and it sounds incredible.

GOD DAMN IT

you would've think they would learn by now, but regardless is it possible to mod a cracked copy?

If it's anything to ease your mind, he said that "localization" was in the hands of SE, not him, so there's nothing he could do.

what a fucking shame, seriously fuck Square Eidos

is it even possible to mod a Denuvo game?

Oh wow. I thought you were just exaggerating for comedic effect. What the fuck.

MGSV has some, but little things. Total overhauls and fixes are unlikely. This is why the Denuvo possibility is worrying, not just for NieR, but any game.

Fug :DDD Limestone a cute.

Thank you, Square, for letting me work on my backlog.

This is a joke right? You're supposed to skip everything instantly when it's made in Japan.

I watched an LP of nier, because I am no in the position of buying a console in the near future. What an amazingly depressing game, with an even more depressing slew of endings. I am interested in how they explained (retconned?) the whole main ending and its HUGE implications upon the rest of humanity's history. Since presumably all remaining sentient Gestalts went into a remission after the death of Shadowlord, and since the androids responsible for the creation of Replicants are dead… What exactly is the humanity's future in Automata?

well would it be possible to replace the audio with accurate english subtitles?

Maybe someone could get in touch with Taro about it? He didn't budge when people tried telling him that 8-4 are shit, but the fact that he responded to people complaining about them at all means he might at least respond on the status of Denuvo as well.

bunp

Do you mean Jap audio with accurate Eng subs? Hope so. It might not be too hard to do that.

I'm glad it turned out this way.