Summer Lesson

Chinese waifu received a makeover and now spoonfeeds you some strawberry cake.

Carry on anons, the wait is almost over.
Western release never ever.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/678795175167037440
oneangrygamer.net/2016/06/summer-lesson-vr-sim-skipping-america-to-avoid-sjw-backlash/4951/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm tired of this never ending pain. I wish I had no hope.

I would love to play a game where female slaves feed me grapes and shit in VR.

i still don't get why they won't release it in the west
do gooks hate money or something?
are they brain damaged to realize how many weebs want this?
i just don't understand

It's not worth the backlash. There shouldn't be a backlash but there would be.

Where's the cream?! Savages.

And now I'm hungry.

American
Media

There's your answer

It's a game about tutoring a cute girl in a foreign language. While isn't wrong, I think it has lot more to do with it being a by its very nature bilingual game, so it doesn't work in a monolingual environment.

Nips stopped innovating their business practices in the 90s, so they're way behind the times

what's the point of real women when we got this?

what a time to be alive

idk why neo was scared of the matrix, it's clearly the future we choose

Wooh. Damn.

Time to ramp up on learning moon runes

Vidya is mainstream now thanks to the normalfags, and mainstream media hates Japan.

This.

Normalfag society considers us all creepy pedos.

I don't think I could play this game because of how awkward it would make me feel.

10bux

I strongly approve of this use of VR.

I really hope they realize how much money they're losing out by not at least offering a translated version. Because if they released a western version, they'd make a pretty good amount of sales on the vr gimmick alone.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to hear what Sony thinks is a good dubbed version.

No, but I do want a dubbed version since subtitles wouldn't work in this sort of game, I think. We'd have to get some proper voice actors, though and I think that'd be the real hangup.

Friend, I know it's easy to reflexively grab your favorite boogeyman accusation, but ask yourself this: Is it factually wrong? Do japs have a unified mandatory foreign language while not all 'murricans learn taco and not all frogs learn 'murrican? Is the theme of the game tutorship in a foreign language, thereby requiring knowledge of 2 languages?
Sure, you could localize both foreign and native language parts separately and allow mix'n'match of known native and foreign language, but this would require development of a completely new localization process with intense cooperation between the localization teams for all supported languages - just for a very niche game on a platform with uncertain success.

I'd put ten dollarydoos on any possible dub sounding awful. Western game developers are utterly unable to select good dubbers for Jap to English projects. I've seen fewer than you could count on one hand that were acceptable.

For the target audience, Japanese as the foreign language would match very well, so I have no idea where your problem is.

kek

you may have brain damage

Imagine how much money and positive publicity they're earned by not exposing it to the west.

If you want to eat the costs for, let's be generous, 10,000 sales at most that are just subtracted from the sales in the home market as people then wouldn't import, then yes, that would be the target audience. But if you want even the slightest chance to make a profit you need to choose target languages that are generally known in your target market. Remember this isn't a language learning program, it's a game with a tutorship theme that expects knowledge in the tutored area.

It's not like game devs haven't mastered the art of removing gameplay, challenge and skill requirements from vidya over the years, we have the technology to solve that problem.

How about no? How about waiting where PSVR gains a good market size and then doing it the proper way and by proper I mean not only leaving the general theme and gameplay intact but also adding nudity where it, unlike the home market, doesn't clash with local censorship systems. Though it rarely is, localization can be beneficial.

Let's say you localize for monoglots by changing the tutored area into maths, would anyone be happy with that? Of course not. Monolingual people just aren't targeted by this product and that's fine.
Only localizing for multiple languages that are common in your target markets is doable. It'd be quite an investment but it could be worth it - if you don't just see it as a one-off effort but a start to cut the foreign localizers out of your releases and doing faithful foreign versions in-house.

Holy crap.

HOLY CRAP

HOLY CRAP

HOLY CRAP

…It's the VR Princess Maker I've been waiting for all my life.

Okay, it's not like you're molding your student into some monster slaying demon queen or some shit, but from what I can see here you can plan out the lessons (difficulty levels?) to tutor her. So possibly the "endgame" is to see her develop depending both on how hard were the lessons you teach her throughout the summer, and how well you did.

Gods, this is amazing.

An actual VR Princess Maker-type game would be great too. Come on, Japan.

They're releasing Princess Maker 2 Refine for Steam after over a decade of the original unreleased English version hanging around the internet for free, so maybe Gainax is getting interested in non-pachinko games again.

Oh, right. Fuck me.

Thanks, Japan.

Yeah, saw that the other day. Now a VR version of a Princess Maker-type game like what Happy Manager is shaping up to be… that would be pure gold.

Sony! N°1 VR stalking company!
I know a few shit which are going to be flipped and am already hoarding popcorn.

scatfags please go and stay go.

Looks awful since they got rid of the blonde waifu.

Reminder that trademarks for all seasons were registered. Not only summer is time for lessons, spring, autumn and winter are in dire need of a capable tutor. They regstered the trademarks for yurop, dunno if also for 'murrica but it would surprise me if they didn't. Patience, young grasshoppers.

No wonder he doesn't talk much about Summer Lessons these days.

Can't see why they wouldn't, can't mod it if they they don't what you to, the western loc is going to remove pant shots or something like that etc.

Remove.. or add? Nudity isn't a strict nono on consoles in the west as we can see comparing the japanese version of the witcher with other versions.

To speak frankly i would like to see the psvr, in accordance to Japanese fashion, sets standards straight with lewd stuff in vr.

Is that Cero Z or D? Different standards for age restrictions often lead to different levels of censorship in different markets.
But I'll give you that, if that's on console in japan, I was mistaken about what's possible.

What if people like the Berserk guy get a hold of this and they never do anything ever again?

Any non-native anglophone here is at least bilingual. Why would that be a problem? Are there schools for non-retards that don't teach any foreign language?

The problem isn't if they're bilingual, it's how fragmented the secondary language is. I have no idea how standardized the second languages are around the world and assume at least 2 options would be necessary for the second language to reach a potential market of sufficient size in the targeted region.
Of course I could be wrong and one secondary language is understood by 90% of the population in most regions, but if it's 50% one language and 50% another, or an even higher fragmentation with multiple secondary languages, there'd be a problem that needed a more complex solution than one size fits all.

Well Sony looks to the ESRB for the PSN store.

Regarding nudity in videogames, you can get a PEGI12 in Europe but an M in America.

When it comes to violence it is actually the other way around.

GTA5 was PEGI18 in Europe.

Personally I think videogames aren't for kids anymore and Sony should just let everything on their store.

If only I was born japanese.
I would have had the honor to kill myself already.

Maybe that guy in the Washington mall finally snapped.

I was referring to the fact that the japan market is more open with lewd stuff.

Lewd for 'murrican standards? Yes. Lewd for yuropoor standards, that's the question I'm asking myself as I previously thought nipples are straight out for japanese console releases while yuropoors don't give a shit, no matter if on console or PC. Would appreciate a straight answer, censorship systems are as confusing as they're bullshit.

Doesn't matter.

PEGI18 rated games can be openly sold in Europe. ToysRus is selling GTA after all.

As true as that may be from the naive consumer perspective, it only concerns the games that get made and do come west. Sure, get the british version and you'll probably get it as untouched as it is available anywhere, with tits and gore intact.
But I'm interested in the industry perspective. How far can they go, how many markets can be served at what price? That determines what is made. Can't buy the game that never got made, even in the promised land of wakey wakey.

Wasn't it confirmed for PC too pretty early on?
I'm not getting the shit VR thing for my shit PS4 just to get some 3D blueballing experience, VR is bad enough as it is, shit tracking, low FOV and lower resolution only makes the thing worse.
I would only bother with this HMD stuff if I could also use it to play onward and the shooting range simulator thing.

>it's a game with a tutorship theme that expects knowledge in the tutored area
>English-speaking gamers are less qualified to teach English than some random gook gamer
Sounds legit

Welp, there goes any interest I had

I don't want this, what happened to the blonde qt?

twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/status/678795175167037440

That's a good point, videogames are a commercial product. Not art projects.

You can't push things too far.

Same here, but fuck me what a challenge

There's only one reason to want this on PC and everyone knows what it is.

Unless there's some way to rip PS4 models…

blonde waifu

Base game contains just Hikari.
You'll need the Aryan DLC for blondie.

Will there be a future DLC with a nigress? Might be the Holy Grail for certain activist groups.

To everyone saying the game isn't coming over only because of translation issues:
oneangrygamer.net/2016/06/summer-lesson-vr-sim-skipping-america-to-avoid-sjw-backlash/4951/
I'm 99% sure nationality is an excuse and the real issue was that Hikari is a beautiful girl.

the trick is setting the max per day nice and low so you don't feel as bad about procrastinating for weeks without looking at them

So not that one, point is if it gets popular we may see a reason for developers to make something similar for pc… The psvr could be useful to stress test the potential and future VR market and genre since it's going to operate on a larger consumer base. Sony is probably going to lead the VR market and shape it more than Faceberg and Galve.

What did you faggots do?

That's just gamerghazi rejects. No one is so braindead to forget of the backlash whenever something japanese or sexy is released ("SL made me a creep" - Polygon).

So you don't understand the argument but it sounds vaguely like some things #outgroup sometimes says, so it can be dismissed? That's "He said Autobahn, he's Hitler" levels of retardation.

PR 101, negative energy linked with something can't be dissipated - but it can be deflected.
Negativity hits your company. However,
Negativity hits someone else. Gee, which option would a competent PR department use?

This nigga gets it.

Dropped

And why do you think the Japanese think the game wouldn't be profitable? Maybe, just maybe, SJWs constantly writing articles about how games THAT AREN'T EVEN GOING TO BE FUCKING LOCALIZED are so creepy influences how much profit the company thinks it might make.

Never said that wasn't a concern, just that the concern over the COSTS of localizing a legitimately hard to localize NICHE game coming out EXCLUSIVELY for a NEW PLATFORM WITH QUESTIONABLE MARKET SUCCESS might be a teensy little bit bigger.

Shoo shoo language goblin

Enjoy your refried waifu, faggots.

I dunno, there might be some anons who might be very okay with thicc homely /ara/s who would virtually mother them while they attempt to teach English.

I must legitimately have a case of mild retardation. Trying to learn Japanese made me feel like even managing to tie my shoes and feed myself were noteworthy accomplishments.

what a chilling vision of things to come

Wasn't this the original idea?
Why did they delete glorious aryan waifu?
Is it because it's not shipping in the west anymore so there's no need for two girls?

Why couldn't they just have made the blonde girl from Japan, regardless? Are there not native-born Japanese citizens from western lineages living there?

Why not just change the language… say, have her speaking Russian or Belarusan or something, and trying to learn English? Why not use the game a proof of concept, and add to it voice recognition and use it as a way of teaching language to the player? So instead of helping her with her English, she's helping you with your French or German or Welsh or what the fuck ever - and use English as the common denominator language since pretty much everyone has to learn it anyhow.

PANTS ARE STRAINING.

I learned more Kanji from forcing myself to play MHX in Japanese than I did from months of using Anki. Literally just fucking DO IT. So what if you can only understand 1% of anything going on.

TOMORROW YOU UNDERSTAND 2%

Christ, makes me want to SJW for the Japs. They're victims of western imperialism too and even now. It's a shame nips are so peaceful, intelligent, and civilised because lefty cunts seem to only appeal to and coddle the most savage barbaric violent non-whites. The Japs need to start going full Samurai beheading folks again, the kind Mark and his tribe fears.

"WE MUST BAN BAN BAN!"

That image has been my phone wallpaper since it was unveiled. I wants it ;_;