FINAL CALL FOR WIIUs

archive.is/9cq4S
gameseek.co.uk/video-gaming-news/2541/nintendo-nx-to-be-released-christmas-2016?

European tech sellers are being told to order their last shipments of WiiUs before the launch of the NX. After this week they will be unable to order any more WiiU consoles.

Shame since Splatoon was one of the best games this gen.

Other urls found in this thread:

cemu.info/
youtube.com/watch?v=u6kE3AagyoQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love how they always say they'll still support the previous-gen console for awhile, but never fucking do.

They'll have to support hardware faults and fixes and Breath of the Wild is still releasing on the WiiU too.

I thought it was sometime Q1 next year, that's a nice surprise if it turns out to be true.

Hello, fellow squid.

shh you'll blow my cover

Are tehy gonna do one of those sudden marketing things? they just announce and then spam ads everywhere? I cant imagine its going to work unless they also announce like 5 or so brand new games for it.

I doubt it's coming out this year, but they are probably going to start mass producing them this year.

They aren't apple so it's not going to work.

Been in known development for well over a year know, and if they release it before Christmas that'll guarantee sales, especially on the heels of Microsoft and Sony only delivering on upgrades to their existing consoles.

I got doubt because

1:) If the modular shit with the NX is true then it'll be more of a third pillar, in all likelihood it's more likely to be a 3DS successor since the 3DS is ancient at this point.

2:) Zelda isn't coming out until fucking march and they'd be fucking retarded to NOT produce WiiU consoles during this period. They're either cocky as all fuck in the NX or just bumfucking retarded.

3:) It's clearly a rumor, nitnendo rumors are almost always fake.

It is going to be true. I mean nintendo is retarded but not THAT retarded. It's basic business sense to release the big products at or around holidays, especially christmas. Software is october-july with special dead month releases in january and febraury because everyone is coming off Christmas. However I don't buy the "WiiU ending production" shit. With so many big releases coming out soon it'd be retarded to just drop it like that.

only 5 exclusives worth playing

This list changes every time.

Smash 4 and Mario maker aren't exclusive, tho no one blames you for forgetting about the 3DS versions.

where's the melee
you don't even jump, you roll around
meme
m e m e g a m e

the jump is complete garbage
not pikmin 1 or 2
bayonetta exists
not kirby super star

i forgot best game

In fairness Hyrule Warriors got ported over to 3DS and it's the version Koei's focusing on now.

You need to go back.

I forgot.

Even if this is a false rumor they clearly don't care about it anymore.

Pretty sure it's getting a PC port, awesome game either way
pic related

No fucking way

Legends is pretty good on New 3DS.

It's also actually quite playable even on old 3DS. Some updates stabilized the framerate as well as bumped it up a tiny bit.

They have, unless you're talking about the WiiU then I have no idea. I do know that they haven't managed to stamp out 3DS piracy yet.

So? They've had many WiiU and 3DS only directs in the past? I think you're trying to over sell this user.

*Hugs user* Somebody loves you, don't give up. :)

I remember hearing it was a timed exclusive but I can't find anything to back that up. Nevermind.

Just get Redout if you want neo on the PC.

Why do they call it the NX?

Because when you see it you shout "Next!"

They probably have enough unsold units in retail that they will never have problems meeting demands, regardless of how many games come out.

Because you turn to the next exit and walk away.

Why do they call it the Xbox 360?

'Cause when you see it you do a 360 and walk away.

They have to be able to do something right given the Wii and DS did so damn well.

I think the problem with the Wii U was that they simply didn't have anything worth a damn to advertise, and relied entirely on Wii name recognition.

Why do they call it the Xbox One?

Seriously, why?

First and biggest fuckup was calling it "Wii U", everybody thought the tablet was a Wii add-on.

Also they call it the Xbox One because they wanted you to call it "the One" as in the one and only system.

Ending Wii U orders makes sense. Retailers stock up a little and sell through by the end of the year, clearing the channels of remaining stock. Suggesting the NX will launch this year is fucking retarded, though.

XBox One references its all in one entertainment design which was heavily advertised at the time.

Speaking of naming conventions is "NX" the official name or just the code name like "Dolphin" was for the gamecube.

So far NX is the codename I'm pretty sure.
What would be the worst possible name for the console though.

what if the NX stands for nintendo XboX?

xboner finally gets retired and now only sony and nintendo is left making consoles.

It's going to be the WiiGo.

xbox one refers to microsofts goal of being at the top of a one world government

Would that double the bad decisions those two companies can't stop making or because it's two negatives would it result in good decisions?

Also Xbox has Scorpio on the way. NX is supposed to be a mobile hybrid too which Microshill won't touch.

I think that they would keep the NX name because acronyms are easier to justify.

The handheld part could be called "the Wiigger".

sounds right up their alley

I really hope SEGA gets around to porting Bayonetta 1/2 to PC, I really don't want to keep this old Wii-U around just for them. Say what you want about the state of PC gaming but at least I don't need to keep around twenty different computers just to play all my games and get a new one every three years.

Hopefully we get some good shit in the bargain bin.

To be honest, even that would be better than wiiu because at least then no one would get it confused for just another wii addon…

Don't be too worried about it taking up space for long, WiiU emulation is progressing like crazy

you sure? With Nintendo's marketing it probably would.

Ultratendo Next.

If this is really the end, Wii U has probably been their weakest home console ever. They need to focus more on third-party and new IPs in the future.

Bayonetta 2 is published by Nintendo, so expect a PC port never ever. If they ever make make Bayonetta 3, Nintendo probably has first-refusal rights to that too.

BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

no

That's still 5 more than MS, and 4 more than Sony.

Weird, to me it seems like the 3DS should still have another 3-4 years left in it. Doesn't seem like it was released all that long ago. Though, that's probably because there's fuck-all for games for it and I keep waiting for decent titles that never get released.

So far I've only got Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Project X Zone, and Ace Combat Assault Horizon+ - and the only ones I really like are PxZ as a bit of nostalgia bait, and KI:U because it's actually really good once you get used to being in constant pain from the controls.

The Vita ended up being a better purchase so far. Imagine-fucking-that.

This is good news. I'm going to wait juuuust long enough to hear about whether or not it's going to have backwards compatibility, and if it doesn't, I'll get a cheap WiiU from the clearance isle and Bayo 2 & SquidKids at the very least.

Nintendrones will finally have almost ps3 graphics on their Mario and Zelda rehashes

WOW

"No Xcitement"

Don't see the problem

So before the WiiU tanks, do we have a list of "must have" for the console?

if not, lets start one I guess?
From my library already:

Splatoon
Bayonetta 2 (bonus if you have it with the bayo1 disc)
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart
Smash bros (those two should really just come with the console).
and I guess Twilight Princess if you've never owned it on anything else.

Actually, a note about Splatoon;

Is it really worth getting now? Considering that since it was a multiplayer only game with central server support it will be essentially dead when the console dies?

Fuck sake.

Yeah, last-gen support has only ever occurred for the GBA and DS.

Wonderful 101
Tropical Freeze
3d World
Pikmin 3

They haven't said anything about killing the servers have they? Wii game servers were killed because the company that hosted them was brought out and the new company held online servers at ransom for more money, many games were affected.

Yeah, we know Nintendo are online plebs.

What's wrong with you.gif

Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart
Wonderful 101
Tropical Freeze
3d World
Pikmin 3

Just copy-pasting to keep the list in one spot.
BTW, do all these games have physical disks?
Anything worth it on the non-physical market?
Any tips for how to best keep non-physical games? Like an external hard drive maybe?

If it's true that the NX runs on Nvidia Tegra tech, then it's also likely that those ports to 3DS will also be "proof of concept" ports to NX, because the 3DS runs on the same ARM architecture that powers the Tegra line. I reckon Nintendo is putting together a "Greatest Hits" catalogue of Wii U and 3DS titles to pad out the NX launch window library.

In Japanese the X usually means "cross" in this case "cross compatible", meaning a convergence of home and handheld console tech. Kinda like how they use Z to mean 2 since they look the same (some fag just had his mind blown that Dragon Ball Z is literally the sequel to Dragon Ball i.e. Dragon Ball 2).

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X (it's not great but it is comfy if you like exploring big open worlds)
Yoshi's Woolly World
Twilight Princess (if you've only played the Wii version, you owe it to yourself to play it without fucking waggle)
Super Mario Maker (some of the Jap made courses are fucking crazy)
Nintendo Land (Mario Chase and Luigi's Ghost House are the kings of couch multiplayer)
Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Bayonetta
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Fast Racing Neo
Nano Assault Neo
Star Fox Guard
Splatoon
Pikmin 3
Hyrule Warriors

The Wii U has a good library if you get in to it now, but if you've had one since launch you've been drip-fed for years and are still starving.

splatoon was the only game this gen
it's a multiplat and on PC now, no reason to get a bone

I've had one for a while (not launch though) and I'm mostly asking to see gaps in my library.

why wii U a shit library?

Ah OK, check the eShop too, there's some decent stuff on there but it's mostly multi-platform so I didn't list it.

The 3DS version has much better content, so i don't know why you'd get it unless you're desperate for the multiplayer that other Smash could easily satisfy.

Memes aside, how bad was this game? Is it just PG's games getting their usual low reviews or is it actually a pile of garbage? It was one of the last Wii U games I was looking forward to.

The Wonderful 101 is a must-have, best game on the system

I'll prefer the gamecube controller thanks. That and 8 Player smash

I wonder if they will learn from the Wii U and change their advertising approach. Like, actually specify that it's a brand new console, mention in press releases whether or not it can play the previous gen games. Do more than just show the controller.

Games.. For fuck's sake, there better be games for this thing. And not dumb shit like A drawing app or Othello on a gamepad. People don't give a fuck about apps. They expect that shit to be available anyways. It is NOT a selling point.

The reason the Wii sold as well as it did was because they showed actual games for the system. Games with highly dramatized actors waving around wiimotes, but still.

Star Fox Zero is pretty unfun, but Star Fox Guard is this weird tower defence game set in the Star Fox universe. You place cameras in a maze and then switch to each one as needed to shoot incoming enemies while every security camera is still acting at the same time on the GamePad so you have to manage and prioritise your camera and targets. But it's much better than I've made it sound.

WiiU is what I'm talking about there user

You can pirate on the Wiiu and there has been no firmware updates to stop it.

I thought the game was pretty alright up until the final boss, which then makes the camera your mortal enemy and the loose, inaccurate controls a liability.

This can be modded
Enjoy your "Classic" mode with nothing but these

If this is true then I'm gonna laugh my fucking ass off.

You can more easily play with a group of friends on the console.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Super Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101
Xenoblade Chronicles X (it's not great but it is comfy if you like exploring big open worlds)
Yoshi's Woolly World
Twilight Princess (if you've only played the Wii version, you owe it to yourself to play it without fucking waggle)
Super Mario Maker (some of the Jap made courses are fucking crazy)
Nintendo Land (Mario Chase and Luigi's Ghost House are the kings of couch multiplayer)
Mario Kart
Smash Bros
Bayonetta
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
Fast Racing Neo
Nano Assault Neo
Star Fox Guard
Splatoon
Pikmin 3
Hyrule Warriors

Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors
Mario Kart
Wonderful 101
Tropical Freeze
3d World
Pikmin 3

Just copy/pasting the lists. Cleaning up later.

Star Fox Zero is just fine. It takes a bit to adapt to the control scheme but like this guy said here the final fight with Andross makes you deal with camera angles and shit you've never had to fuck around with before. It is jarring and is the reason why I haven't finished.

Nice click-bait title.

thats a 720 tho faggit

Man, now that i think about it the Wii U has the best exclusive lineup out of the entire last two console generations.

This is something Holla Forums has been saying for a while now. It's fucking shameful that even with billions of dollars being thrown at them, MS and Sony can only muster up half a dozen games that are remotely playable.

I just them to show us what the fuck it looks like and put a rest to these dumb rumors and fakes already

Those are the only games I'd care to play.

Yeah. I truly believe Nintendo outdone themselves with the WiiU. I can honestly say that it's the best console of all generations including the PC. Best support, best games, and bestest fucku.

I wonder if now or after the NX reveal is the best time to buy a Wii U. If the NX is shit, the Wii U will probably get more expensive as its no longer produced, but if the NX reaches expectations the price might drop.

For sure! Better buy it now or at least horde them and sell the excess later for a guaranteed profit. It's definitely going to last us through the nxt generation and absolutely destroy the nxt hundred gens. I wouldn't be surprised if the servers will stay up indefinitely since, you know, cloud and stuff! And make sure to buy all of the amiibos too! My favorite one is _kys_

A little bit of blogpost time.
I had got a PS4 at launch because of how things worked out in the last console generation. I always planned to get a WiiU but mostly for the party games (Kart, Smash, whatever else).

My thinking was that since the last console generation saw nearly everything on the 360 go to the PC, and I had a beefy PC (and prefer the platform) that I should be set. The PS3 got a bunch of japanese and other games that just never went multi-console and never really went over to PC.
Whelp, all PS4 has to its name is Bloodborn, Killzone (trash), and a remaster from the PS3 (Last of Us).
Meanwhile the Wii U has been giving me exclusive after exclusive title and I've played it far more than my PS4.

Multi-platforming is actually going to be the death of the console market for Sony and Microsoft.
I think we're going to see the return of game companies developing for the PC first and then cutting stuff back for the console releases. Why not? you could make the PC market more than happy (notice the trouble they've had with that batman and other games) and the console market will not even be able to tell the difference.

At any rate, it boggles my mind that even the flagship characters of Sony and Microsoft were allowed to go multi-plat to one degree or another. I guess the idea was that doing such things was "old school" yet look at what Nintendo has been able to do by holding on to that.

Just wait for emulation.

never ever

so what you're saying is that my wiiU will be rare and worth something one day?

Neat.

WiiU getting more expensive throughout the NX's lifespan would require a game like the new Zelda to get an instant increase in market value so quick.
Generally how it works is, 10 years after the console is "dead" prices start going up, and whether or not they're in demand can also be a factor, but the price wont increase.
at best this is nintendo trying to pull the same shit that they do with amiibos to clean up the last of their stock effectively.

Emulation is already here, but it's very bad / unplayable for most games so far. Mario Kart runs at 60fps though.
cemu.info/

I think Nintendo is the only console producer who remembers what makes consoles unique, instead of trying to be a PC.

m-mean

I think so as well, they have nothing to lose with that move. And for once they clarify that this is the definite successor of their previous console.

Sage

That's the last fucking time I buy a Nintendo console.

to clarify on that last point, i meant to say, "unless there is some hot shit game only on WiiU and not on the NX"

I'm assuming its on x86 architecture this time, so I wonder if they'll even bat an eye at cross compatibility.

Like I said in an earlier post, if the rumours (which are pretty solid but still just rumours) are true and the NX is powered by Nvidia Tegra, then that means it will run on ARM architecture, not x86.

What rumors? The fake Foxconn leak?

Thank for for the wii 2.0 nintendo. I can't wait to add the homebrew channel to it!

That was 3 months ago. You can pretty much play Xenoblade Chronicles through now as of the latest release.

It wasn't bad. It was exactly what Starfox fans have been begging for since 64: A straight up scrolling shooter Starfox game. However it's pretty short even taking into consideration the different paths you can take and the number of new levels compared to 64. And while at a technical level the gyro aiming allows players to play levels much differently than normal scrolling shooters it should have had a true on/off toggle, and not just a "turn off when not shooting" toggle. The AI in the game is pretty great, though, even against cannon fodder in all range mode there is a bit of a challenge. It just seems that Nintendo threw a bunch of ideas at the wall in order to make a game that was Starfox 64 but remixed enough to be different enough, but not all of those ideas were connected well.

PG didn't develop Zero. They only did the graphical assets, iirc.

Hilarious.

And like I previously said the other Smash games are just as good for that.
This is on PS4
Should Last of Us "Remastered" be a recommended title for PS4? C'mon son.

>finally
Took long enough.

user it's true, Nintendo EAD handled all of the actual game while PG did the graphical assets. Hell the 3D model files on the game disc are in the same format that The Wonderful 101's model files were.

God, Holla Forums is turning to pure shit nowadays.

I'm not saying it's not true. I'm just laughing at the drones that switch the story around depending on the conversation.

Just the Wii U, and its ending way too soon.
It still feels like I'm waiting for this console generation to fucking start. Where are the must have console exclusives?

Well that would explain why it looks like ass, no idea why they would only outsource the visual side of the game to a company that has been dying to make a straight up scrolling shooter for years.

Uh, okay?

It doesn't.
Yeah no idea why they didn't do that.

There were rumours before that. Over a year ago there were "hybrid Android device" rumours or that it would use Android as its OS, and then earlier this year there were reports it would use Tegra tech, which is where the Android rumours (Tegra devices run on Android) may have started. And there's the fact that Nvidia has a new Tegra chip but no flagship device for it like it did with the Shield, leading some to speculate that, all this combined, points to Nintendo, already familiar with ARM architecture, will be using Tegra for the NX which will also serve as the flagship device for Nvidia.

Looks about the same level of graphical fidelity as Star Fox 64 3D to me, which I did play.

So the WiiU is about $80 cheaper than PS4/XBone, which is nice. Does it use SD cards for the memory?

Then again, I'd probably only get W101, Bayonetta 2, and SM3DW. I wouldn't even get Splatoon, since I only like it for the porn anyway,

Yeah, I think I'll save my shekels.

why would you even want a wiiu to begin with?

That and external hard drives.

The others will follow suit quickly enough. The console industry is just a giant game of corporate leapfrog.

Reminder that the PS3 has a more powerful CPU than the PS4 does.

Unless the next gen is 8.5 then we've still got a few more years.

They're going to announce their next consoles within a year. Screencap this and mark my words.

Measured by what, GFLOPs?

not worth the time to screencap

It's measured by their bias towards nintendo. :^)

Let me guess, higher clock speed?

At this stage making a new console is little more than designing a new plastic box and revving up the marketing team, wouldn't be surprised if the follow even after just releasing their beefed up console versions.

wot?
the wii u version is simply superior to the 3ds version. The Only thing i miss is smash run tbh

I wouldn't take one even nintendo payed ME.
Such a shame that W101 will always remain on that shit console.

PS4 AMD: 102.4 GFLOPS
PS3 CELL: 230.4 GFLOPS

publicly available information

It hurts

Maybe someday Cemu will run it at a solid 60

Sony and MS are definitely pushing to have their consoles be essentially pre-built computers with Roku services. I know a bunch of people that use their PS3/4/Xbone as their Netflix/Hulu/Youtube box with the occasional game. The other bad sign of the future is the increasingly growing amount of "Remasterings", some with shittier enhancements on games barely a year or two old. They're going to be the new GOTY release.

Yeah no, user, it doesn't.

This

But even nintendo isn't free from that. They are all pushing services to make them complete entertainment centered systems.
Which is fine, I guess.

However, I wonder just how redundant all that shit is when things like "Smart TVs" exist?
I can access Netflix, Hulu, Youtube through any given console but I can ALSO do it through my TV.
So what's the fucking point?

Smart TVs are a mistake.

what? What fucking TV has a webcam built into it?

Wait, TVs have webcams now?

my TV doesn't have a camera though….
Is that a completely new thing? This thing is a Sony from like a year ago.

Back in my day people actually explained why they thought games were shit instead of spouting random memes to fit in.

The only thing it's truly missing are events (which are worse than in previous Smash Titles) and orders (which are pretty lame). Smash Wii U is probably the worst one content-wise.

I'm super glad I never got a Wii U, despite how badly I wanted Splatoon, Pokken Tournament and Smash.

The ones from Samsung do from what I hear, it's pretty shady.

People who use meme as an adjective or verb should be shot, then permabanned. In that order.
Yes, this means you, faggot reading this on the front page right now.

It depends on the television. I know some Samsung TVs had this (((feature))) but the concept of connecting your television to the "network" is really unsettling to me. It's not like you are connecting it to your own personal network so it can stream from your seed box. If you read how that shit works you can tell that it is pulling microsoft tier information from you.

t. ex best buy employee

Ha okay

Hey man, I don't use it that way. Fuck off.

user, having ripped the models from both Zero and 64 3D I can tell you that objectively the Arwing has more tris in Zero than 64 3D which means it objectively has more fidelity than 64 3D.

Then why are you bothered by what I said, faggot?

Poly count is the sole indicator of fidelity now? You seem like you objectively know what you're talking about.

Because you summoned me from the front page, you nigger.

I think at this point we should just associate "meme game" with "I've never played this game so it's shit."

So if I said all niggers should be shot, and this means you, nigger on the front page, would you accost me bitching about how white you are and why am I yelling at you?

I hope the NX is backwards compatible, W101 was a great game.

If the cartridge rumor is true, then no.

I'd probably respond with the same image and say something along the lines of "Hey man, I'm not a nigger. Fuck off."

Bayonetta 1&2
Mario 3D Land
Wonderful 101
DKCTF
Smash

Arguable:
MK8
Hyrule Warriors
Captain Toad
NSMBU
Pikmin 3
Splatoon
XCX (yeah, localization is shit but)
Fatal Frame
Maybe Yoshi (haven't played it)
+ it has TTT2, even though it's not exclusive
Probably forgot something.

I have 15 or so games and I am satisfied. They are not plentiful, but the ones that are there are all fucking great. Bayo2, W101 and DKCTF are alone 10/10 with Mario being a solid 8.

Oh and Mario Maker, even though it's not worth 60 bucks.

I will never understand you defeatist cucks.
Nintendo has only ever had a few good games for each console, since the fucking beginning. Take of those nostalgia glasses for a second.

I think Nintendo stopped giving a shit about updating it months ago and decided to market it's shitty 3DS version. The 3DS version doesn't even have proper online functionality, which greatly defeats most of the game's purpose. I'm glad I sold my Wii U. I have nothing else to look forward to on that platform and emulation is being worked on.

ok that's cool I guess because I don't really give a shit.

Oh no, they'll see that I watched "Werewolf Cop" on Netflix.
If Sony is using that info for their new TV service they've been pushing lately then I'm poisoning it for everyone else with my love of shitty movies.

NX
more like
No thanX

Have you even played it? Fucking retard.

You act like censorship hasn't happened on that either.

kek

And still 15 less than it would take for any sane person to buy a console.

WHY WOULD YOU BUY A CONSOLE WITHOUT AT LEAST 20 GOOD GAMES?

Nice try kike

yah fucking right I'd go to PC if I ever dropped my Wii U

The only good combo for 2014 was PC+Wii U

All of you suck and cant enjoy a good pokemon fighting game

You mean Tekken with a pokemon skin? Most people have already played that game years ago.

One day I'll git gud at that, one day.

I'm sorry you lot got triggered by the P$4.

its Okay user Im only Rank B5

So a fighting game has to have a roster like Smash to be good for you?

I thought Pokken's roster was pretty good all things considered.

Wow its like you hate fun

If one existed we may be able to enjoy it.

I swear even MK was more appealing than Pokken was last EVO.

Wow, it's like you enjoy eating shit.

But there is already a game in which you can have the whole roster of Pokemon fight each other.

You know the main fucking series

It doesn't play like Tekken at all, though.

Yep, so then why make a shit fighting game that can't live up? Anything with the name Pokemon on it that features less than 100 of the creatures is just a lazy cash in.

You're being a bit ridiculous. The point you should really be making is that the game barely has any characters in general.
Also I'm still pissed the game isn't all fighting pokemon with handfuls of exceptions

Okay So a Good fighting game roster In my opinion should be 25 characters no more or less

Well Pokken's fighting system is actually quite complex even if it is a rock paper scissors system at its most basic. Adding the whole roster would make the combat much less interesting and each Pokemon would be much less unique in terms of gameplay for the sake of balancing and making them all playable.

It's really a quantity vs quality argument here. Sure you could fight with every pokemon but they would all have roughly the same fighting styles for the sake of balance and actually making every one of the roughly 600 pokemon playable. Perhaps legendaries would get special treatment but then you would get the same thing as Pokken with certain Pokemon getting more affection.

So then Pokemon GO isn't a lazy cash in?

There are 700+ pokemon already established with detailed characters,All of them already have 3D models made up which a developer can go from (which I know Pokken did), all you have to do from there is come up with varied move sets (and they don't have to be that varied as they can be similar based on type) and then animate them.

Doing anything less than 100 characters in a modern Pokemon game is lazy, end of story. The hard part of coming up with characters is creating them from scratch.

I play plenty of fighting games with small rosters, but they're not POKEMON fighting games.

And you know this how?

Eh, I have been on the PC since day one, the only money I have ever forked up for a console was a Ps3 (which I sold too my roommate after beating Demon Souls, Dragons Crown, and Nier) then bought a WiiU from a friend cause he had two for some reason. 100$ seemed like a good deal and most games I buy used for under 20$. I am surprised how fucking expensive wii/wiiu games are used.

Jesus dude, you are taking so much of what I'm saying in the wrong context

So what?

I never said they had to do that. I'm just asking for 100 of them or so. Certainly more than a fucking handful.

Not being able to understand subtlety is a big sign of autism.

Look out everyone, the Pokken IDF is here. Not even worth replying kids.

We asked for proof to a claim you made. Either nut up or shut up, faglord.

You do realize all the models in Pokken where made from the scratch up because the hardest part about developing the game was to figure out what textures on what pokemon goes where because the models from almost all pokemon games dont have furr or glass textures on their bodies.

They had a hard time making the ghost texture for Gengar because What Texture do ghosts have

Reminder that Holla Forums is being invaded by halfchan cucks because of the mini exodus

These are not the same thing user.

It still blows my mind that Mario Kart DS can be bought at its orignal price at stores from 2004

Even used its just bumped down 5 dollars to 29.99

Way to be intellectually dishonest and admit you didn't even read his post

That is always a strange feeling when I happen to walk into a game store. See new releases and new copies of old releases for 60-90 bucks.

No user, I read it, way to assume shit. Way to still not understand how textures and models differ.

The 3ds main series titles have 3d models of every Pokemon which can be ripped and have been used for many things. I've used a ripped Leafeon model for animation practice.

All the models used in GO are the same ones from the games. So any developer with permission from the Pokemon Company would realistically have access to those assets for use in their own projects.

I'm just making a point with what you said user. Don't say shit if you don't want me to mention it.

So your choice is a game where many Pokemon are quite similar in terms of gameplay in order to have a lot of them accessible or a game where the select few pokemon chosen are much more interesting and unique.
At ~100 you should just do all of first gen or not bother and pick a few.

Did you even read idiot

Its about what textures go where on the Model of the Pokemon

Chandalure in Pokken Is More Detailed than in his X and Y model. The reason because Pokken has Textures(Like Glass and reflections) on the models(HIS BODY) to make them look REAL

Except we both understand how textures and models differ, which is why what is right: They would need to have models scratch made in order to have textures and UV maps applied properly.

Also you still haven't given proof to your claim about them actually reusing models, especially when the models between the mainline games, the stuff Hal Lab/Genius Sonority made, the Pokedex 3D models, and other 3D models from other Pokemon games are all usually very different, with different polycounts and geometries.

I can tell you right now that is false having ripped models myself from the mainline games.

The textures are not the same but I'm pretty sure most of the models are. They are all probably animated differently too.

Gimmie a sec I remember a youtube vid mentioning it a while back and I'll see if it has a source on the interview mentioned.

You mean this one?

user, you still don't seem to understand. Textures are made sepreate from models. Models are just the wireframe that you place textures on. No special work has to be done to the model to make it ready for a texture, and making textures for pokemon who you already fully know what they look like and what textures were used in the past (because Pokemon Battle Revolution did have high res textures including glass or reflections). It's a piss easy job and certainly easier than taking a 2D image and modeling it from scratch and then having to texture that.

Yeah, this thread is getting retarded. I'm done. No matter what you faggots say Pokken having less than even 50 pokemon is fucking retarded and lazy. Enjoy being butt hurt fanboys.

You're the retard here because I got my proof
Its at 1:50 where they talk about building and challenges

No, it didn't, dumbass. What you're talking about was the lighting system they used. The textures were the same from fucking Colosseum and XD for Gen 3 and older Pokemon.

Also
Bitch I rip models from games for fun. I know more than you.
You made a claim here: and yet when asked for proof of your claim YOU'RE the one who threw an autistic hissyfit.

totally the same texture guize

Like I said, I'm done, if you fags need the last word you're welcome to it, but you've thoroughly shown you know absolutely nothing.

nope it's a did you know gaming vid.
youtube.com/watch?v=u6kE3AagyoQ

I'm certain the models and textures in the 3ds games are scaled down as well from their original forms too, at least when rendered ingame.

One last word: I made models from scratch and code my own games. You don't know shit, kid.

Yeah, it is, the lighting system is the only difference. In fact there was a good image set out there that managed to compare models between Pokemon XY and Battle Revolution's lighting system.

I'm sorry you like to parade around your ignorance thinking you're hot shit.

Okay that's a bit more concrete even if it's from the same channel that regurgitated the "Starfox team has robot legs" rumor as fact

Prove it.

YUP LOOK THE SAME

Why does the head look elongated on the XY model for Charmander?

you're looking at it from a lower angle?

Can we please stop with the dick measuring contest.

Consider it. The Pokemon Company is an ip holding company, they would have assets such as 3D models of every Pokemon as well as cries, 3d/2d art etc available for any developer to work with. Streamlines the creation process and as the vid mentions ensures design consistency amongst projects.

I'ma make a wild prediction. The NX isn't going to be a new console, but rather a portable version of the Wii U

Are these people just sprites or is it a really crappy screenshot?

Well it is going to have a portable handheld component, since handhelds are the only shit that sell in Japan these days.

Probably sprites, WiiU ain't got much power all things considered.

Sony does support their PlayStation consoles for 10 years.

Remember FF12 and Persona 4?

The PS3 still gets games and the Store is up.

Thing is, the wiiU is so fucking shit that there's nothing left to support.

No in game those are actual models but not even detailed they just move around like floaty balloons

The wiiU is hacked wide open and Nintendo hasn't issued a firmware update in months.

They really stopped caring.

Because textures can be animated and it's in a frame where it opens its mouth?
Because of the lighting system.
You're retarded.

Well I bought a console because I like Japanese games and because it costs only 300 euro.

Since IDGAF about graphics and never play triple A games anyway a console is value for money.

But my use case is an outlier.

No, the mouth looks totally different. Are you blind?
Oh, no, you're just retarded. Honestly consider suicide.

How?
Care to explain how it isn't the lighting system?

Splatoon is shit.

Why does he look like Mark?

Because it's an accurate image.

I'll accept that.

What a waste of quads.

Calm down, Mark.

Since nintendo exclusives are literally the only reasons I buy a console for a long time now, do the right thing nintendo
Make sequels or enhanced ports of splatoon and smash for the wii u
These games are more fun to play online than anything else out there now. I want more.

Disregard I suck cocks.

I mean for the nx.

anyone feel like playing Mario Kart 8?

yes please

Doesn't matter if you can't use it fam.

They're going to do it, why bother keeping games on a dead console barely anyone owned?

You can get one fr $150. Bayo 2 alone is worth that

Link please

apparently magical things that make exceptionally different models identical or something, you tell me

Go to any gamestop and pick up a used or refurbished one.
That is how I got mine and it was only $150.

Are you a blind nigger?

???

Wow, holy shit, you really are a fucking idiot. I feel bad for people that have actually tried arguing with you.

The PS2 still received games up to 2010.
The NES up to 1994
The SNES up to 2000
The PS3 up to this year

I'm not sure it ever started, honestly.

the XY model has easily visible white teeth, the GO model doesn't have white teeth at all
the only fang visible at all in video related has literally the same color as its skin except a bit darker, while the XY all four are present
"""lighting engines""" I guess

What ruined potential. I'll never buy another Nintendo console so long as i live after how they intentionally sabotaged these games.

Bump

How much effort does a simple goddamn patch take…? Even putting aside the bullshit exclusive content there's stupid shit like characters saying the wrong lines when they're defeated or stalfos being referred to as stalchildren. Is the Wii U truly such a lost cause that they're unwilling to fix the game that helps make the Link amiibo the highest sold? I swear to god, Nintendo are such unbelievably lazy and greedy shits anymore and their luck for developing anything worth a damn is running out fast, I wouldn't be surprised if Splatoon was their last miracle.

There's nothing actually wrong with the Wii U version but new content is being built around the balances and gameplay changes brought by Legends. Bringing over Legends changes like switching between heroes mid-fight and fairies probably isn't possible for the Wii U version.

quelling my boner for princess ruto isnt possible either

Shut the fuck up, NintenDork. You're just mad your grey box doesn't have blast processing.

Now you can take Ruto with you on the go.

I didn't play much of the 3DS version but I don't see where the issue lies in patching in the changes. The fairies I don't give a damn about (they look like some shit you'd find on a free iphone app) but the gamepad begs for the option to be used as a map and character-switcher. The only concern I see is if they didn't have Wii U models for the Windwaker map content and crap, not that you couldn't justify redoing such simple visuals for the price of the DLC code that came with Legends (as if it isn't shitty enough the cheap cunts are already always double-dipping for content between their consoles and heldhelds and offering nothing even akin to a season pass). I dunno, I still have to finish bumming myself out watching that content on Youtube.

Loli fish makes a good cock sleeve.

It would be fine but the controls are needlessly shit which is a shame.
It's one of the times a control fix would boost the games quality by miles

The main things that strike me as difficult would be the owl statues/ocarina item and the hero-switching, both of which would make the general game experience different than what's on the disk. Remember that the whole game had to be rebalanced to account for hero-switching, after all, and at that point the game you get on the Hyrule Warriors disk would be fundamentally different from the one you play after update data and DLC.