3ds flashcarts?

Hey Holla Forums I was wondering if I could get some advice.

I recently bought a "new" 3ds and it's been already upgraded to the latest firmware.

I've kind of already figured that CFW is out of the question but I've been less interested in running 3ds games and I've been more interested in getting a flashcart to play older titles on. Mostly older DS, GBA titles etc.

The flashcart that's gotten my attention the most is called "Dstwo Plus". I'm wondering if anyone has any opinions on it or if there's a better option out there.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This for DS games, only costs 15 bucks

I actually still own one of these but when I tried using it, it didn't appear in the ui. Do I need to put some files on the sd card?

Yes you fucking moron, the bios.

Ideally you'd be selling that and getting a different 3DS. Do you mean "new" as in New 3DS or "new" as in totally out of the box? Getting anything higher than 10.7 totally out of the box shouldn't be happening just yet.

I'm also out of the loop on flashcarts for 3DS but I think you might still need 9.2 firmware to get any use out of them.

I'll look into it. Thanks

"new" as in New 3ds

I've seen videos of people using flashcarts on the latest firmware so it's why I am asking.

Might want to cut your losses and find a N3DS under 11.0 then, is my advice.

Might be I'm thinking of Gateway cards then which are hideously obsolete due to CFW, like I said I'm totally out of the loop on flashcarts since I've never had need for them.

Just refund and buy another 3ds. Flashcarts are obsolete.

Not just yet for DS games, that SD loading exploit for DS isn't in any complete state, though it's definitely obsolete for GBA games.

still need a cart for DS games, for now.

You can't use a flashcart with the latest firmware, good work, user.

Refund/replace it, get another one. Make sure the firmware is 10.7 or lower. Only console that ships with anything higher at the moment is the N3DS Galaxy model, which looks like shit anyways.

Now, go to the homebrew thread, follow the instructions and put CFW on your console.

You want LumaHax/A9LH CFW, as that can easily patch your console to allow a flashcart.

Best flashcarts are the DSTWO+ or the R4 wood, but I'd recommend the DSTWO+, as it can play more games from more consoles.

If you can live for a couple of weeks before playing these games, you can wait until we get loading DS ROMs off the SD card, and likely GBA/SNES/etc too.

Got it?

If you're getting a New 3DS then the DSTWO's emulation is obsolete from the getgo, best to stick with an R4. Not sure about MAME though, I remember seeing a MAME emulator for DSTWO that may or may not be good.

Also Retroarch cores are usually pretty fucking terrible (especially the Virtual Boy core which should be among the best-working but isn't) but they all run better on N3DS.

They've almost figured out how to get NDS games on the 3ds. Just wait

Retroarch cores are terrible on the 3DS.

But I just said that myself. My interests in it were an SNES core, VB core and Genesis core; I had two, three or four options for both SNES and Genesis and one option for Virtual Boy, and out of them only one SNES core worked acceptably and one Genesis core kept a steady, max-speed framerate, with Virtual Boy struggling to hit 3-7 FPS.

They all run better on New 3DS, which is good if you want Genesis games (the Sonic 1/2 3D emulator has problems with a few games since it was only intended to run Sonic 1 and Sonic 2) but irrelevant otherwise.

I have a gateway card and n3DS from long before CFW was an option. I got a fair bit of use out of it, but then stopped playing my 3DS for various reasons. I think it's still on 9.2.
I'm interested in playing SMT4:Final now that it's out. What would be the best option at this point, ditch gateway and install CFW? What kind of things would that change and would it be complicated? I'm very out of the loop at this point.

Definitely ditch Gateway in favor of CFW. Can follow this guide to do so: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Also this thread for general support or questions. Changing to emunand/A9LH (you can stop at emunand installation if you don't mind the gig or two missing from your SD card) means you don't have to rely on .3ds files for your games and you can play games online without having to fuck with the cia files; cia files take up less space and can be deleted from your SD card after installation. It's not very complicated, just a bit tedious and confusing if you've never fiddled with it before, same as any other homebrew or CFW.

I'm getting really mixed messages here

DS flashcarts are a mixed bag, most are blacklisted on a software level past a certain firmware point. Get CFW so you can install a patch for that that whitelists all DS flashcarts.

Dstwo carts are bretty gud

Just dropping that.
I have an old 3DS that I bought 3 years ago and never updated it.
Can I use a DS flashcart with it or do I need to update it up to a certain point ?
What about 3DS piracy itself ?

It's not complete yet

Return it and get another.

The wiki linked by is very detailed and will answer most of your questions. The 3DS piracy thread will answer the rest.

what

N3DS can play the games using ported emulators & the old 3DS can do VC injection.

DSTwo Plus is just really a lot nicer in general. If you want more features I'd say go for that

What patch would that be?
My DS has a completely worn down D-pad that won't react to holding left, so having my DS library on my 3DS would be great. On that note, how easy is it to find replacement buttons for the DS?

I appreciate the help but returning it and getting another isn't an option right now. It's why I asked about the flash cart.

At this point I'd much rather just get a flash cart and wait a few years til hacking the 3DS eventually becomes possible for the current version of firmware.

but can they do link my negro?

I fucking wish, m8.

sky3ds

For 3DS games, Sky3DS.
For DS Games, R4i Gold.

Sky3DS is massively picky, it has to use untouched cart dump .3ds files and it's picky with MicroSDs. If you can solder or get another 3DS to downgrade yours it'll be a much better solution, CFW is pretty great. Also, there's already a thread for this shit:

also, you can mail your 3ds out and get someone to hardmod it for you for less than the price of a new sky3ds+, keep that in mind.

Luma3DS has it built in, I think reinand may as well but cakes and rx don't. All ds carts are unblocked from the home menu and those without valid header data can be launched with custom DSiware .cias.

I'm slightly more interested in DSTWO plus. Mostly because I really want DS and GBA games. Is there a noticeable difference with R4i Gold?

R4i is just cheaper. 3DS has better emulation than the DSTwo, if you're using a New 3DS you should be able to use mGBA with the homebrew launcher without needing to downgrade. Also, if you want emulation don't get a DSTwo+ get a DSTwo unless you can get a + cheaper, the only thing extra it has is gateway emulation which hasn't been updated since 4.x and bricks your 3ds if you try to use it with a later version.

You should be fine with most ds flash carts. I've been using an r4 sdhc dual core, and it's worked on every firmware including 11.0.

If it's not on 10.7, Install Arm9 Loaderhax.

But why though?
The only benefit that the DSTwo had, was the fact he had a chip for snes and gba emulation.

It's pointless buying one when the n3ds has much better native emulation.

You mean 11+

I ended up getting a DSTwo. Thanks for the information

Don't buy it, it's a waste of money (unless you're on 9.2) It's 3ds rom loading is just a repackaged Gateway card.

Stay the fuck away from anything involved with Gateway, they're huge fucking kikes. The cards have software that brick your 3ds if it detects the card is a clone or, that you're trying to modify it.

You could just play GBA games with mGBA and just play ds games with an r4 card.

Here are your options:

1. Find someone that has Arm9 Loaderhax and see if they're willing to use the Fieldrunners exploit to downgrade your 3ds to a hackable firmware.

2. Buy a sky3ds which an only play unmodified romdumps from your consoles region but you can run exploit games like Cubic Ninja.

And buy an R4 to play regular ds games.

3.See if you can get someone online ot downgrade it for you.

Why the fuck would do that? You're such a fucking idiot.

My R4i runs fine on the latest firmware, redditor.

I didn't get the plus. I bought the regular DSTwo. I just want DS/GBA loading. I'm going to wait on downgrading my 3ds til it becomes safer and easier on my current firmware.

Ohh, I thought you bought the gateway version.

Not going to happen. Nintendo patched every other way to downgrade. The only reason the Fiedrunners ewxploit works it because of a software permission oversight for dsiware.

It's not like the method is unsafe or hard to do, you just need a hacked 3ds with a purchased

You could get an original 3ds for 60 bucks. I highly recommend you do the fieldrunners exploit.

Arm9 Exploit is in the works anons, it'll be a few months but it's gonna happen.

OP, was the N3ds a used one?

Nah I got soured on buying used hardware a while ago. My old 3ds was used and the thumbstick was loose and floaty, and it annoyed the crap out of me. I bought a new one.

Dude! What firmware is the o3ds on? if it's under 11.0 you can use it to downgrade the n3ds.

I don't own it anymore. I sold it to buy the n3ds

Well shit. The best thing I could recomend is either buy an o3ds to downgrade the n3ds or find someone that can do it for you.