Blazblue's story mode:

Blazblue's story mode:

Guilty Gear Xrd's story mode:

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT, ARCSYS

I WANT TO LOVE GGXRD'S STORY MODE BUT IT'S JUST SO STALE COMPARED TO WHAT I KNOW YOU FAGGOTS CAN DO

are you mentally deficient, user-kun?

no but you might be.
having each characters arcade mode have a little story attached to it is pretty cool because you can choose your favorite character and see where they end up at the end of the tournament.
story is a good reward at the end of a hard fought battle.

No, but you probably are, since there literally is a story mode in GGXrd, and I blasted 20 hours in just the main gameplay before touching the it, getting some combos, clearing everyone's arcade mode and getting some online play in. I don't play these for the stories but if it's there, I'm going to play it. My expectations were low coming in, but not THIS fucking low. Hell, Blazblue's story modes, for all we can say about the writing, was actually fun since it was involving.

Just add in some fights for each character here. That's all I wanted. Why did ArcSys spend so much time on the animations that they forgot the game?

It's 2016! The audience demands content for their games and aren't all aiming to be competitive game fighters. We don't need another SFV.

Like this?
Faust is my husbando in this game, he is so delightfully themed, daft and fun to control

Sm4sh has no story and you fuckers eat that shit up like candy.

Oh wait, it's not a fighting game is it?

Eeeeh, not recently. I 100% the 3DS version, but I can't do the same for the Wii U one somehow.

what it does have is a fuckton of content and different modes that most fighting games don't have nowadays.

Are you fucking kidding me? You already contradicted yourself
How about you read some actual fucking novels and not some run out of the mill shit?

Sm4sh is a competitive platformer.

You know, like Catherine.

SFV is a confusing mess. Is it a purely competitive game? Okay, then why is there such a large input delay on the game's leading platform?
Is it a casual game? Okay, why is there literally nothing for casuals to do if the servers are down or if they don't have internet access? The fuckers didn't even ship an arcade mode!
It's a mess, it's a fucking mess, and for all its flaws at least Xrd is anything but a mess.

I don't give sm4sh's story mode shit because it doesn't have one. Though I do give it shit for its awful 'classic' mode since I wanted a good singleplayer thing to do and unwind between online games and sm4sh failed to deliver. That's just one reason why I dropped it early.
Still, for all of that, at least sm4sh had SOMETHING.
Go look up fanfiction.net and deviantart, I double pixie dare you.

I do read, you silly willy. But I also play video games. If a video game has something in it, I'm going to do it. If I do something in a video game, I'm going to have an opinion. If that's too much for you then you may as well kill yourself now.

i want to know why they are fighting.

I'm gonna be that guy
Blazblue's story isn't that bad. It's convoluted and stretched between too many mediums sure, but it's not explicitly bad. I actually unironically like it and think it's well written for what it is.

If you need anything single player in fighting games other than training mode with a programmable CPU opponent, you are playing fighting games for the wrong fucking reasons.

Except that's not what he said.

The only saving grace for sm4sh is that you can couch co-op some of the more boring shit like home run contest and arcade mode, but that loses its fun pretty fast because there's no depth at all.

This. Each character in GG is cool in their own right. The frustrating thing in Xrd is that the arcade and just regular gameplay do a better job of making the characters interesting than a nonstop movie does. Playing the game and seeing the crazy-awesome characters in motion makes it engaging. Sol's theme is bitchin' and his grumpiness becomes endearing over time. Faust is a paperbag-wearing doctor who does crazy shit and expects you to trust him. May is a little girl who slings a fucking anchor in one hand and rides dolphins like Ryu throws fireballs. This is good stuff. This is creative. It's imaginative. It's fun. My brain likes fun and remembers it.

So when there's a mode included that promises to develop this certain aspect, I like I want to see what happens in it. Likewise, I'll be disappointed if it's done poorly.

I honestly agree. I can't say it's great, but it does what it sets out to do. While I have trouble keeping up with the convolutedness, I have no trouble relating to the characters. Bang, Hazama and Arakune are my favourites, but I developed a soft spot for everyone by the time I was finished with Continuum Shift.

My favourite series is MvC. Singleplayer content I do not need.

Go back to sm4sh

There's a story in fighting games?

Because you and your friends want to play.

+R >>>>>BB> Xturd
Fuck cel shading, fuck cinematics, fuck gameplay stretched to 16:9, fuck everything about it.
GG is dead and buried.
Fuck all of you.

you don't -need- single player modes but i don't want to pay 60 dollars for a game with only 2 modes that's for sure

WASH AWAY THE ANGER

This is honestly getting really sad, user.

I will not stop.
Fuck you.

It's just the same stomping feet and crying routine every time.

Do you need assistance, user?

If fighting games didn't have story at all, then the characters personality would probably end up being completely flat and forgettable.

Yes, remove Xtrud.
Give +R proper netcode.
Make fighting games great again.

Their personality is shown through small intros, neutral stance, their moveset, taunts, and win/lose quotes. I don't need much more than that to tell me why a character is interesting. Stories are nice to have though but I don't need a story to enjoy a game.

+R is good, but holy shit you're mad.

I can't even describe how

What makes AC+R so good? I only hear about Xrd-R being worse.

Everything?
Music, art style, graphics, gameplay, story, overal design, levels, EVERYTHING.
The only thing is worse - is netcode. Which essentially killed it.

AC+R was tweaked over the course of like a million games making for a well made balanced experience after several years of re releases

xrd is 100% new and doesn't have that polish, its trying new things and of course will have to be ironed out

unfortunately they opted for re-releases to do that ironing and baiken and robo-ky aren't in it

So was AC+R as shit as Xrd in its initial state?

If by initial state you mean GGX, then no, it was still better.

Being unable to explain yourself seems to be a repeating flaw of yours. If only you could overcome that.

I explained myself time and time again. There is not point in repeating myself.
Other than saying that Xturd was a mistake.

that just makes it sound like you have no rational argument and you just want to be part of the OG big boy club

now, i'm pretty much on your side too, granted i don't flat out despise Xrd i'm aware of its weaknesses and won't buy into its rereleases till i see more actually on the table

but anyway your mannerisms come off as childish even if you're on the "right" side

Just off the top of my head. I just can't accept this shit.

definitely an issue, especially with how forgettable the newcomers are
this depends on character, millias riffs are pretty much right from annihilators King of the Kill for example
unfortunate but i have to let them off the hook because how hard its becoming for fighting game devs to make sprites now, there are some good ideas going into the animations of the models at least (use of classical animation techniques on 3d models)
no doubt, but it is a -new- game seperate from AC+R, and maybe it could evolve into its own thing, or maybe it'll just get worse who knows

I don't think Xrd has shit like FD-cancellable normals.

Are you retarded?

I really hate Xrd's focus on newcomers

Where is Robo-Ky? I don't care about his story mode presence in which his VA sounds like he'd be more fitting for Kliff, he's not playable and that's what matters.

Where is Bacon? Again, I don't care about story mode. I didn't even notice the voice change until someone mentioned it though so they did well here at least

I'm not going to go "Ooga booga where da Bridget at" because I didn't ever really play him, but encountering him was way more interesting than Elphelt.

No wonder Revelator sold like shit on consoles when they released it without any balance changes and didn't even give back people most of their mains

You're saying this like it's a bad thing.

Opinion invalidated. Confirmed for Xrd apologist.

So you're still in denial about you being part of the minority that likes that piece of shit and tries to blame all criticisms on one person. Classy.

BB went full retard by explaining that everything is a real Noel's dream

Were they trying to make me lose interest in the story? Why should I care about anything in it anymore?

Even villains stop looking bad when you consider it. [spoiler] For all I know, Terumi was mindbroken and went insane after who knows how many world restarts and is definitely unhappy as he is just trying to end the world so he won't have to live in it anymore, and everything bad he has done becomes a bit meaningless considering that, perhaps, real Noel could be controlling his actions by dreaming them, and anyways half the time whenever he does something bad, it's because someone else started it. They always come to him to talk shit, rarely the other way around. Yeah, he's not exactly courteous, but half the time he tells them to go away, they just don't listen. Most, if not all, of the "murders" he has made were on simple dream people who don't really exist, too. He did nothing wrong.
[/spoiler]

Relius is just trying to make the world real and not a dream. No wonder he gives no shit about anyone when he already knows what's up with the world. He is actually a good guy if you consider this. Who cares about the bodies he uses for experiments when they're all not real and he wants to just make something true?.

Perhaps interesting on some level, but it's just a dream is the fucking worst idea for a story you can possibly include. At least GG didn't go retarded in this direction, and Xrd Revelator story mode wasn't as bad as -SIGN-'s. Still not exactly engaging, but it did have several good scenes, like Ky and Sol finding out about Dizzy and Bedman fight.

A reminder that this is a man.

>nobody bought it because more than half of the fanbase played missing characters and and they're boycotting it until they come back

When NECROVISION drops it's gonna be "where's Dr. Paradigm"

Hello Reddit.

Hello tumblr

Does it have a pussy?

Yes he does.

There's about three of you that actually post about it. It's not hard to keep track of people on an imageboard this small.

If you want to scale it down then there only exist 0.2 of you people.

So he looks like that and has a pussy, but is still a man?
Where does he hide his dick?

He's a man on the inside.
He got turned into a girl by a magic book

If you say so.

yes

>implying its just a dream
No it isn't.
The world was real until the first murakumo encountered(became?) the master unit after which it basically
ASSUMED DIRECT CONTROL
over existence for whatever reason.
I do agreee with you on the villains tho especially Relius is someone I find to be entirely justified given the circumstances
Another intresting that I like is that the magical power of Phenomenon Intervantion is basically the ability to collapse a quantum wave function of an event and determine its outcome beforehend which ties into the fact that it is mentioned several times that how good you are at using it is determined by how good of an observer you are and people better at it can owerwrite yours.

So the most powerful magic in the setting is actually science.And before the series even started humanity managed to AUTOMATE IT thanks to the developement of the Takamagahara AI system.

Also Murakumo units are the best robo waifus.

Shit tier robo waifu.

They still run on software and have mechanic parts user.
I do respect your clang however
Robots are made to be loved.For they are the incarnation of our feelings and the sweat of our brow into a semblance of life.

I was going to wait until the story was finished before condemning it that way but six chapters in and it's pretty shit.

As newcomers go, I like Bedman. I think his design's clever and he's so far the primary example of a character who's much better outside of story mode than he is in it. His stage and regular dialogue show some creepy shit, but he seems totally neutered in his story mode version.
Team Red need story designers who can convey ideas and stories as well as their character designers

Yep they did a pretty shit job with Bedman storywise

This is so inconsistent. Sure, they say in story it's all about how you fight, not how strong you are when it comes to the Bedman, but how come Gabriel wrecks him on their first meeting? What is Waluigi dictator's power level even? Is he secretly not one of, but THE most powerful being in the series as well as smart enough to figure out Bedman's weakness on his first go?

And then Bedman gets wrecked by Venom and Robo-Ky because he is completely figured out. At least that fight was very enjoyable to watch, though it was painfully stupid - if Bedman can move his cannon and shoot it in that ball, why not use it on Venom and/or Robo-Ky instead of wasting time pointing it at children while shit talking? This guy is supposed to be so smart his brain can't take being awake?

I agree and Blazblue before CP had great storytelling because you could play with every character. But in CP you have some characters like Taokaka that shows up for like 5 minutes and 70% of the game you have to look at Celica even if didn't knew anything about here because you didn't read the novel.
I hate that shit in games like MK9 and MKX that are so praiser for their "incredible" story mode that SFV now copied it's also shit.

I know it's a foreign concept to people who spend $60 to get three new characters and a balance patch, but most people appreciate having the most content in a game possible, and want more than just the standard "Training, Arcade, Versus, Options" once in awhile.

Yes.

I forget which game confirms it but he is on the same level as Slayer, even when Slayer isn't holding back.

Fuck Celica. I thought Noel was bad but my eyes were truely opened in CP.

Xrd's story is like that because they wanted to show off their new engine and what 3D can do. At least its good practice for the animators

Slayer kinda talks about how Gabriel is kind of a badass when he meets Potemkin in XX. Something about Potemkin being sent to fight Slayer in order to show off Gabriel's student (Potemkin) to Slayer.

How does the story change depending on who wins/fights?

In the first game, you have different paths and endings depending if you finish the fights with a super or even losing sometimes along with some choices during the playthrough.
The second game dropped the alternative endings with super but kept the win/lose different path.
Every character had like 3 (4 in CT) endings and their own scenario.

Now Chronophantasma changed everything by having only 3 scenarios where some characters like fucking Celica and Ragna had more spotlight than Taokaka, Amane that you don't even control (sometimes you'll read for a few hours a linear path without a single fight).
After CP I have no interest on the story mode of CF specially with including more characters from LN and manga that are not included in any previous game.

She truly is the worst Murakumo unit.
Why couldn't she just be like her sisters?
What went wrong?

So since I don't Blazblue, Murakumo units are basically the Valentines of Blazblue right? I know they're absolute cancer in Guilty Gear because of their reason for existence, background, etc. but what/why are Murakumo units?

xiii's storymode was pretty gud

EVERY TIME

I have no idea about the Valentines but Murakumos are basically Ragna's sister clones that were created to reach the timeline intersection dimension but only Nu-13 can be considered a perfect Murakumo and Noel is just a special snowflake. Any explanation after that will enter the clusterfuck that is the Blazblue story.

Tao is a dumb excuse for fanservice and we all know it

actually the lack of adventure mode was a huge downer

Nah, I like Taokaka for being a ditzy lighthearted catgirl. And she's also play like Wolverine but more fun to play.

Being someone who gives a fuck about fighting game lore is an annoying kind of suffering.