Underrated/Overlooked DOS Games

Post the covers of some DOS games you feel are severely underrated or overlooked. I'd like to see them! Here's some games I could think of to start thread off with.

bump?

Terminal Velocity is the fucking shit man. Those tunnel sections were like crack for my Star Wars addicted kid-self, re-imagining myself in the Death Star trench runs.

This game is actually pretty good.

No.

yes

Here's a much better DOS game.

Deathtrack - Combat racing with the MechWarrior engine

Terminal Velocity is pure awesome. It's a shame nobody makes games like it, anymore.

Terminal Velocity is great as fuck, indeed. Sadly, though, Fury 3 in my opinion was a far worse game. I've never played Hellbender, though.

I started a playthrough of this during last year's Summer game drought. A shame it didn't have more combat depth

i really liked captain comic

Let it go.

Dune was okay at best. The soundtrack was the best part of it.

Holy shit OP

Dune II by Westwood wasn't Dune by Cryo. Get your facts right or continue to shitpost.

Yeah. They're completely different games. Cryo's Dune overall just seems a bit overlooked to me in comparison to Westwood's Dune II.

Speaking of Cryo, here's another game I thought of. Really interesting game, in my opinion. The soundtrack by Stéphane Picq is fantastic, too.

I'm retarded

THE SKELETON
IS EMERGING
FROM THE BOX
INTO REALITY
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Always wanted to play Shadow President but I can never get DOSbox to work.

"Professional"

I can give you an example for what to do in DOSBox with Shadow President, at least.

Let's say you copied Shadow President's files to C:\DOSGAMES\SHADOW

You'd type in DOSBox:
mount c c:\dosgames
c:
cd shadow
cycles 10000
shadow

Pic related.

Very fun game, although a bit short.

Here's my picks. All should be available at GoG or abandonware sites.

Battle Bugs is a unique strategy game with some really clever level design. Try this one out if you like off-the-wall humor and rts puzzles.

Anvil of Dawn and Albion are absolutely incredible RPGs. Both featured countless innovations in the genre at the time they were released. The gameplay still holds up today, the sprites looks gorgeous and the writing is actually better than what you'll find in modern games. If you're more of a sci-fi fan, try Albion, if you love dark fantasy try Anvil of Dawn, you won't be disappointed.

War Wind and its sequel are not a good games. The reason they're on the list is that they do so much right before failing to deliver a good gameplay experience. There's a lot of very unique and very clever gameplay ideas for the time period, while the setting and sprite art are completely above and beyond any other strategy game I know of. If only someone could go back in time and explain to the devs how rts menus are made, this would undoubtedly be one of the most recognized titles in strategy gaming.

Moonstone is a game about dying in a variety of brutal ways. The learning curve is steep, but damn does it feel rewarding when you start doing well.

If you're just exceptionally lazy you can turn around and run the retroarch setup of dosbox on games by selecting the file. Since I have my scan lines overlay and shit setup there I kind of like tbh.

mah nigga

the sequel lost some speed but was otherwise even better (also had fucking awesome installation music)

Magic carpet
Riding a flying carpet as an Arabic terrorist in a fictional world, throwing fireballs and bombs at monsters and humans desperately trying to defend their lives

Bumping with Betrayal at Krondor. Well written DOS RPG that made decent use of the early 3D technology.

The steam version is gonna be shit

Hell yeah. Are the others good? I've only played the first. Return looks kind of generic.

Probably not very obscure any more, but I still can't get over the layers that this game has.

What it is: A spiritual journey embracing Buddhist philosophy.
What it looks like: Surreal horror (More the former than the latter).
What it plays like: An adventure game befitting of its visuals (which will be frustrating more often than not due to its surreal nature).
What it sounds like: A mixture of horror and upbeat carefree-ness. At the same time.
Notable moments: There is only one way to get a game over and the game hits you with one of the most cryptic and cerebral endings I've ever seen in any game, ever.

I remember playing a demo of Magic Carpet a long time ago, but when I bought it on GOG a while back I was disappointed to find I just couldn't get past the inverted mouse controls. There's no option to change it and I'm too used to the other way now. It looked like it would have been fun if not for that.

I actually have PM2 already installed on my 100mhz Pentium. I really should play it soon.

No offense, but to be honest I really hated what I played of MegaRace 2. It seemed to consist mostly of my car spinning out and me having a hell of a time trying to turn my car back around Never played 3.