So did this ever get its optimization fixed?

So did this ever get its optimization fixed?

I want to pirate it

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/473610/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Noo

And that's how i learned that i should never, ever listen to Holla Forums ever again.

Who's this \V\ guy

I like the game, I still play it
I did 4free
I should make a general right now

Please visit Treblinka and ask for a hot shower.

Repeat after: me cancer is no answer. Decent game though, and we should talk about mods and shit.

fucked up: the post

If you were expecting xcom1 but better, you'd be disappointed.

what was broken in the first game, and was advertised as 'fixed'. It's still broken and now it just behaves differently.

For example everyone hated how the enemies squad were activated in the first game. Well now it is fixed! Only the enemies in direct line of sight are activated (they still act on your turn. not just moving, but can also use actions). And will ONLY be activated by line of sight. If you detect an enemy squad using the scanner, you can kill the entire squad without being detected by throwing in a gas grenade and waiting 5 rounds.

If you want something like the original xcom games, play xenonauts.
Otherwise there is Shock Tactics upcoming. the battle part plays a bit the same, but with actual fixes. For example spotting an enemy while moving cancels your move, and you can choose new actions and movements, without being interrupted by an enemy semi-turn. From what I played at gamescom it shows promise
store.steampowered.com/app/473610/

If you want something like the original xcom games, why not play the original xcom games?

Now, now user. Those are obviously high capacity venom sacks.

I did and I wasn't. Thanks for the tip though, looks interesting.

because people want something new, and it can get old playing the same game for 20 years. Why do you think there is a new CoD and Battlefield every year?

Yeah I'm sure you didn't just like the game because it fuels your faggot fetish

Nope, most missions have a timer and you are forced to rush everything

that is true. the timelimit is a drawback imo, it doesn't enhance the game in any way. It works on those missions which don't have a timelimit.

oh the stealth mechanics is so bad. The only real effect is the almost free crit on breaking stealth. The ambush mechanics were so bad aswell, since I couldn't even choose my targets

Literally the only thing good about the game was the snake tits.

The main issue with the game is the developers for some reason only tried to appeal to the truly autistic people who abused every bug and cheap tactic on Impossible. It's the same downfall tactic that ruined MMOs, as every single one appeals to full on no life NEETs who complete all the raids in 24 hours of release and then complain there's no content.

Why, you only scratched the tip of the iceberg :^)

Sadly it didn`t

It`s an Ok game but simplified for the casual scene, tha`s to say it`s unplayable without 20+ mods. The good thing is that there is some pretty cool mods out there

It`s better to wait for the team behind Long War to release their overhaul for this game good luck tho

never had any problems running the game when it launched with the pirated version you just need to not have a shitty computer

Does Long War make enough changes that someone who hated the base game might have a chance at liking Long War?

its wasnt shilled because of being PC exclusive , there was an actual paid shill making threads every fucking day, he even admited it

Consumerist propaganda works really well on the hoi polloi.

Long War is a mod for the previous game buddy, XCOM: Enemy Within

and yes, it`s pretty much a new game with it

More like tedious war, m i rite

Nope, it still has 20+ fps drops for no apparent reason on beast rigs.

I wouldn't say that they only tried to appeal to cheesing faggot autists, those people get triggered by the camera zooms and forced repeated dialogue the most, and it's STILL easier than Old-COM. The XCOM game that was most fucked by those people was Long War, since JLump and co only listened to the turbospergs. For example, in B14 some faggot on the Nexus forums made a team composition where he had everyone be an Overwatching LMG gunner with a single MEC Goliath to tank, and he beat the game in less than a year with the 'Not So Long War' setting on. The LW devs' response was to nerf every MEC's armor, fatigue timers, healing timers, damage reduction, flamethrower damage, chang their gear so that tanks can't go fast and scouts can't get beefy, and make it so that Overwatch fire against them doesn't take the 30% chance-to-hit penalty. All because of ONE single faggot bitching about a single, way out-of-the-norm strat with a single subclass of MEC.

Nigger, I've got a single factory-clocked R7 360 in a otherwise soon to be toaster tier rig and the only couple of times I had any performance issues was when I installed broken voice mods.

Those pre-realease shill threads were only supported by snake tits

I bought it physical.
Lesson learned.

Doesn't mean anything, at some critical autism levels you start wondering if you can just cover your ass by claiming it was all your job.

Are you a native English speaker?

No

Why?

Fair enough. You can't fix optimisation. You can fix performance (or performance issues). One way of doing this is optimisation. So the correct question is 'did they ever fix this game's performance issues' or something like that. Yes this is an autistic post.

What if the optimization is broken? Can it be fixed then?

I hope you correct faggots who say things like "how it looks like", because that shit triggers me to no end.

You cannot fix optimisation. By definition optimisation that does not optimise is not optimisation. It is, at best, attempted optimisation.

Also people who 'could care less'.

Running on a 970, only time I've had frame drops is when I'm running a shit ton of voicepacks installed. If I remember right, the reason it ran like shit at launch is that the default presets for High and Ultra included 8xMSAA and once they bumped that down it ran a bit better for most. The biggest problem I have with it is that its load times are fucking AWFUL even with an SSD.
Only on the way back, which is only half of the time. On the way there and when you're loading a save for the first time, you can't skip.
(checked)
Jesus, and I thought I fucked up by pre-ordering the deluxe edition. I actually like it, but the gameplay's two steps forward one step back from EU, the soundtrack isn't anywhere near as good as EU (thank Mccann for not returning since he was working on Dude Sex Four), and the DLC pack that you got for pre-ordering was fucking awful. I've broken it apart in the past, but I'm more than willing to do it again.
All it adds is a janky-ass set of cosmetics. Instead of all the other cosmetic DLCs and mods, it's tied to a separate armor (seriously, you have to unequip the default armor and put on the "Resistance Warrior Kevlar") that's ballistics-only. No tactinecks at higher levels for you. If you installed a cosmetics mod and wanted to put it on one of those soldiers, you had to back out of the "props" sub-menu, back out of the "Customize" menu, click on "equip," click on the armor, click on the other Kevlar, and then back out and go back to Props again. You also got a "veteran of the original XCOM" that didn't have the date-of-birth changed from the regular soldiers. You're literally guaranteed to have a """vet""" that was fucking five-to-ten years old in 2015.
The fact that this, bundled with the other DLCs, is five dollars cheaper is a statement on this one's level of effort, quality, and general value.

So, the first DLC of XCOM 2 was going to come out a month afterwards. Knowing that people's favorite parts of NuCOM EU, EW, Long War, and pre-release footage of XCOM 2 included being a coordinated and tacticool team, their first real effort to expand the game's art style and aesthetic was obviously to put everyone in short shorts, mohawks, and leather straps. And the props are pretty much only for the first tier. And it costs $5.

The next DLC was Firaxis finally righting their wrongs. After two tiny, cosmetic DLCs, the next one would have new weapons, enemies, missions, and gameplay mechanics! And it did, it just had two or three of each and they only made the game's flaws more apparent. The weapons were handed to you for free a month into the game, all of them are direct upgrades to a vanilla weapon or ability (pistol had +10 Aim and Crit and one 100% shot per mission, Frost Grenades were AoE Stasis that let you still hurt people affected, and the Bolt Caster did have only one shot but said shot stunned, did two more damage than the rifle, and had a bonus to Aim and Crit), and they all look more like they're from a fucking MMO than a game about operatan against aliums. Since you have only one of each, it makes the game even more snowbally. If you lose one before you kill all of the Rulers, you're fucked since all-but-one stuns, they do more damage, are more reliable, and the alien ruler fights are pretty clearly balanced around them. Said alien rulers, by the way, had 90-120 HP, had an action every time one of your soldiers did anything that wasn't a free action, and would most of the time leave after getting a boo-boo. They appeared after either three-ish months or after doing a narrative mission so boring it's not worth mentioning. They're either pretty fun on non-timed missions like Blacksites or Supply Raids, or an almost-ensured evac on most council missions, or a TPK on a VIP extract since you can't evac on those. When you kill one, after wearing it down over a few operations, you get their corpse to make armor out of. This is the worst part of the DLC by far. The armors are basically EXO/WAR suits, but they have slightly reshuffled stats, one special ability, and god fucking awful aesthetics. Look at this shit.

Cont'd

This one is currently the last DLC. Some shit found in the SDK and the implications of the ending strongly suggest that there's going to be a coastal-focused expansion and they've been teasing that they're still working on this game, but as-is this is the complete package.
It's MECs. They're the most awesome part of Enemy Within, the most awesome part of Enemy Unknown! How could Firaxis fuck them up? It's not like they'd:
They wouldn't do that, right?

I never ever pre-order, but buying physical means you still get the "preborder-bonus" even after release day (despite saving bandwidth for the 50 GB). The main thing that burned me was the performance, as my toaster wasn't the newest, but ran XCOM 1 perfectly fine on Ultra settings.
Thankfully I just got the standard edition, which only cost 44 Euros (yes physical was also cheaper than digital).
Was it worth 44 Euros? Nope. I got EU/EW on a sale and that was easily worth a full price.
OTOH XCOM 2, while not being exceptionally bad, is pretty clear sale territory. It's the typical thing, that you can enjoy as 12.50 bargain when you already upgraded your hardware enough.

That's the reward for Alien Hunters?
Horrible.

I thought Shen's last gift was good.

Horrible.
The viper one looks the worst, had it not come with that hood it could be meh.

Not exactly true. I was shitting all the time in those shill threads on the whole Firaxis nu-XCOM franchise without implemented ballistics.

I haven't played XCOM 2 since SLG's launch, does the All Pods Active mod make enemies more like OLD-COM or is it the same but there's no scamper/free move when you first see them?

if the optimization is shitty, you could conceivably improve it to a not shitty state. therefore fixing it.
have you considered transferring back to first grade?

how

I have suffered through the entirety of this fucking game and its DLC, but the very last room is fucking -killing- me. I just don't understand how I am supposed to come at this, especially in a game where 90% accuracy means 09% and I have to perform an ancient summoning ritual in real time to score critical hits.

Nigger, just put a squad sight sniper outside the hallway leading to the final room and just focus fire the Big ad ayy. Kill him and it's over.

NuCOM is a shit game just play UFO defense or Xenonauts at least you can bring bombs and tanks and shit and your bullets don't just vanish into the ether when you miss in those games.

All I had to do was kill the boss? That's it? How was I supposed to know that?

I'm gonna have a stiff drink, beat this game, then craft it into a fleshlight so I can actually rape it before I smash it to pieces.

The only viable approach is to assume that each and every new game is shit until proven otherwise.

To be fair, after Nu-Com turned out to be okay, I expected them to build on the success instead of shitting all over it.

Also this. Shills weaponized autism against us, but apparently that's what the board owner wants.

No, and it never will.

You definitely weren't there for the actual threads, the ratio was like 70/30 posts shitting on game because it's not old x-com to posts saying "hey, maybe it won't be bad".

People who were hyped on X2 got that hype from outlets outside of Holla Forums, if you only read Holla Forums you would have expected the game to crash on install

That's not fair. You had at least 20% talking about random shit related to XCOM and x-com, and at least another 20% that involved snek. And in a good thread we had as much as 80% snek.
Then again you are replying to a moron tier bait.

You forgot the rare thread that was pure 100% snek

Good times.

I want to marry that snek

It got patched a month after release and it's been stable 60fps ever since.

Thats where you fucked up nigger

I switched from an AMD CPU to a better Intel and it runs worse now.

It's always possible to appreciate snek without buying into shills. Weaponized autism only works on the willing.

i pirated it and got a scare mail from some shitty anti piracy org. its one of the few games i downloaded that i didn't even bother keeping on the backup drive because of how shitty it was.
i liked the concept but it really lacked in execution and optimization. ran so shitty despite not looking better than nucom

The Geoscape runs like shit for me. I don't know if it's a conflicting set of mods or what but it's 12-15 FPS when the rest of the game's a steady 60.

You might have mixed reddit and Holla Forums in your head. Don't cross post here, faggot.

Nah, he's right. Mustards went full retard, muh exclusive here, muh exclusive there, and heaven forbid someone mention the allegedly exclusive PC version is only the betatest for the real release later on. Which still hasn't happened as the phone version isn't out yet. The console version is the beta for that.

that's a good one.

This the game was sold on Snek Tits, and faggots thought it impossible for it to be a marketing tactic because some faggot at sometime said that marketers didn't like sexualizing their product.
DESPITE MARILYN MONROE PROVING HOW EFFECTIVE THAT CAN BE.

Mods NEVER fix anything, just add on to what could be a good game to make it better, but it won't make shit not shit.

Nigger YOU WEREN'T THERE.
It was amazing, you had niggers shitting on the original by making up bugs that never existed.
You had people defending the awful mechanics, optimization and shit gameplay.
You had niggers screaming GIT GUD at anyone that complained about the timers.

My only regret is that the general wasn't alive when they revealed it will release on consoles as well.

Which confirmed my suspicions, they only released on PC because that's all they could of released on at the time given the games shit performance, once they ironed out the kinks they could then release it for consoles.