Sega Genesis

LETS DO THIS
So, I want you anons honest opinion on the is thing. Any stand out games you like? Any that you hate? What do you like about it? That sound card right? I am about too dig into its library and I want all the negative and positive for this shit.

Nintendo fanboys need not apply.

Other urls found in this thread:

emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/37
theisozone.com/downloads/misc/full-rom-sets/genesis-roms-revive-retro-full-setverified/
vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Drive
pscave.com/dow/rom/fantranslated.shtml
pscave.com/psg1/download/
pscave.com/psg2/download/
dhvstb.webs.com/regionalvariations.htm
teammegamix.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

10 off the top of my head:

>Thunder Force IV
>Zool, Ninja of the Nth Dimension

Just platformer/action my shit up, Sega. That, and give me some god tier sounds from my console.

Streets of Rage, Golden Axe.
These two are mandatory.

You might also add Shinobi, and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 I guess.

Oh man, thanks. Yeah, I have Sonic, Shining Force and Phantasy Star on my list.

Cables are cheap as shit online.

i'm aware, it's still frustrating though

TOP 20 GAMES TO PLAY WITH YOUR BRO

Golden Axe 3
Streets of Rage 2
Intense Martial Transition
Sunset Fighters
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Soldiers of Fortune
Biohazard Battle
Air Busters
Gunstar Heroes
Contra Hard Corps
Puyo Pop 2
Pac-Attack
Snow Bros.
Wani World
OutRunners
Quad Challenge
Dodge Danpei
ACME All-Stars
Mega Bomberman
Pepen ga Pengo

Honorary Mention:
Toejam & Earl

It still gets games made, think it got a VN recently but can't remember the name of it.

If you're using hardware, always run with an RGB cable, because SEGA's RGB is still the best shit for older consoles. Everdrive is also extremely useful.

Mega CD has no security, and flashcart works on 32X if you go that far.

Reminder the ROM of Indiana Jones and Super Star Wars will never be dumped for the system.

Mega Everdrive wins out over the Everdrive MD2/3 for the reason that it not only works as a Sega CD memory cart, but also lets you load any Sega CD bios you like. Pricey, yes, but I don't regret buying mine, even if I don't really play games anymore.

Can change bios on MD2/3, but the speeds of the Mega is what makes it much better. Also online games.

Gunstar Heroes and Contra: Hard Corps.

That is all.

This is what I have so far, anymore?

Holy shit nigger do you ever:

Bare Knuckle III (Japanese version of SoR3, had English fan translation)
Comix Zone
Earthworm Jim
Elemental Master
Gaiares
Gley Lancer
Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar
MUSHA
Mega Man The Wily Wars (Jap version, the English rom is PAL formatted and slowed down)
Mega Turrican
Panorama Cotton
Revenge of Shinobi
Shadow Dancer
Steel Empire
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Streets of Rage 2
Super Hang On
X-Men 2: Clone War
Ys III
Thunder Force III
Yu Yu Hakusho - Makyou Toitsusen

Bitch, do you even fullset?

>emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/37
>theisozone.com/downloads/misc/full-rom-sets/genesis-roms-revive-retro-full-setverified/

Also, this is not perfect but still handy.

>vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Drive

Don't forget
Are YOU even trying?

Did you even ride my fucking post

Arcade version is better

Pretty bland shmup only best known for its meme status translation

Some of those others I haven't played. Pulseman and Monster World are GOAT however.

How come the burgers named the Megadrive Genesis?

**read

im retarded

Mega Drive was trademarked by someone else in the America.

I don't care if its bland just as long as its fun.

Not really. I mean Zero Wing isn't bad but the Genny had much better shmups. I guess you could play it after you've exhausted all the better shmups on the system.

While you're playing through Genesis games I suggest Snatcher. The Sega CD is part of the Genesis too after all.

Its a good starting point to then jump into the greatness of Steel empire or tf4.

Sword of Vermilion
Dynamite Heady
Castle of Illusion Starring Micky Mouse
Golden Axe II
Panorama Cotton
Langrisser(AKA Warsong)
Langrisser II
Valis III
Monster World IV
Zero Tolerance
Gaiares
Aladdin

Some games that I like but I'm not sure if they're actually good:
Phelios
McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure

Also, Phantasy Star 1 was on the Master System, not the Genesis.

The Genesis can run Master System games.

Yeh I remember hearing that somewhere before.

Didn't they also have to change the dreamcast swirl logo because of copyright issues as well?

In that case, pic related. Sega CD games that are arguably the best

That was in Europe. The orange swirl was owned by someone else and they changed it blue. America kept it Orange.

NEVER PLAY THE AMERICAN VERSION. Get a fan translated rom of the japanese uncucked version instead.

But you see, that was just the Japanese Master System version in a MD cartridge. You better get the fan retranslation by SMS Power!, as the original release had a load of errors. You even get the superior FM soundtrack.

>pscave.com/dow/rom/fantranslated.shtml

Or even better, get the remake for the PS2.

>pscave.com/psg1/download/
>pscave.com/psg2/download/

Don't forget pic related which have the (shitty) English versions and allows you to adjust the amount of experience and money you get and speed up the games if you're too casual to handle the original brutal difficulty like me

That was Tivola Publishing GmbH.

I'd also add Vay and Soul Star to that list.

What happened to the American version?

Eh, I've heard that game is pretty shit. Shining Force CD and Lunar were far better RPGs.

Bosses were re-drawn, level names were turned into dated pop culture references, and difficulty/balance was tampered with.

dhvstb.webs.com/regionalvariations.htm

You are missing
Really, considering how small the SCD library is you could download it all with some exceptions like Sewer Shark, Night Trap and WWF which are just shit.

post best Sega commercials

HEY NIGGERS WAITING FOR CUCKTENDO TO MAKE A SEGA CD

I remember reading about the behind the scenes of this commercial on a book sometime ago.

Also, seeing that this is Sega.
I AM TRYING TO GO AS FAST AS I CAN WITH EACH GAME
I need songs to go fast too.

MORE

FUCK YEAH FAG METAL
MORE

Have some meth to go along with that fag metal

More industrial

MDE INFLUENCE OH SHIT

It's alright, slightly above average in my opinion.

Anyone here have a list of the best 32x games as well? I've been considering buying one to play Knuckles Chaotix, but I want to know if there are more games worth trying.

Learn the Hispanic tongue and buy this book, there you will find everything you need to know about its bestest games.

Shadow Squadron is pretty fun.

Good thing I'm from Latam. This looks interesting user, definitely going to check it out. Does it have an ebook version?

So what's some good hacks for the system? Preferably something to do with the CD or 32x.

I'm just looking for a reason to play them both more. Sonic Megamix on CD is pretty good, but probably only noteworthy hack.

Turns out Megamix isn't dead either, shit's still being worked on.

Only other thing of note is he's gonna release the source and tools to make it, so this could potentially cause the Sega CD to get more shit made for it in the future.

teammegamix.com/