2142 Revive released today

Why aren't you playing Battlefield 2142 right now? Project Revive just released it today, and there's already 2 full servers. Create an account and download the launcher for both 2142, BF2, and BF2 Special forces. All games are currently active and have players, fun times to be had.

battlelog.co/downloads.php#client

Other urls found in this thread:

yopmail.com/en/email-generator.php
youtube.com/watch?v=iRN62IebC04
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I may have to download this once I sober up

will we ever see dice make another future bf agian?

I hope there's players

shit yeah, downloading now

lol no. nobody at that brand-name factory knows what bade BF games good.

Because it's a shit game that some of you faggots are trying to make into a shit meme game?

Do you even want them to make a battlefield game set in any time period? I know there's a webm of this but I can't find it.

Also bf is short for boyfriend, you faggot.

All that was left was 24/7 gibraltar and shitty titan servers

whoops, I fucked up striking through future. I meant to say that DICE can't even make a proper non-future Battlefield game. and they don't care to, they finally stole the CoD audience, they can print money until those morons get bored.

No thanks.

bump

Other people truly ruin everything good.

I just don't see how anyone could find titan good, nevermind fun.
The entire concept is a fucking joke.

Funny thing is BF1942 mods managed to do Titans a lot better, especially Galactic Conquest, Transformers and even BF1918 funny enough.

About fucking time. I remember when we had these threads in summer, the douchebags at the other master server refused to release their server tools and hoarded them for themselves. Same thing with Project Reality where they hoarded the server tools to themselves demanding the only people allowed to have them are data centers.

Not really, and infantry only is for top bottoms.

You're gonna need to add a few more words to that cause I ain't got a clue what you're trying to say.

I mean it's a hussle sure, but how else will you remove cheaters and shitters and furries and all other scum?

Oh shit, that's neat. I'll host one if it's not too intensive.

They will never ban the furries.

for faggots that actually complain about user registry use a random email generator like yopmail.com/en/email-generator.php

Works with most sites at worst you have to change the @ email to a different one

Severe depression.

It will not accept it sorry. I will probably still use an account, but I do hate constantly registering for things.

You're literally not Anthony Burch

having a lot of fun. I didn't remember how shit the walkers were.

been there. force yourself to exercise (walk), make sure you're eating well, take a multi-vitamin.
kike pillpushers don't like to offer the simple solution that bad nutrition spurs most depression episodes.

Installing right now. How many anons are playing?

Remember that walkers can crouch, move fast, and have shields. People forget to bring along a gunner to watch their ass and sweep up pesky infantry, too.

Anywho, genuine depression is not "I has a sad", it's "it takes more and more fucking effort to feel good, and it lasts for less and less time, but I can sleep with no effort and feel nothing".

If my memory serves it came on Origins or somesuch, balance was a complete joke and was generally kind of boring.
What have they done to fix it in this version?

But user, those glitches will be fixed on release!

So will the reviews.

I just quit after the enemy team had some nigger in a walker getting +50 kills with 1 death. Maybe my team was just complete garbage, but it wasn't fun to go up against.

I played with a buddy last night. We were gonna play Bad Company 2, but he couldn't get access to his account, so we fell back on this instead, since it'd just come out. How the fuck do I get good at this shit? I normally play arena shooters and shit, but since I've never played a tacticool shooter before in my life, the skills I've accrued from arena shooters didn't really transfer over like they do for other games, and being at the bottom of the scoreboard, it showed.
Game's really good for turning 10 next month though. The game looks excellent and plays well considering its age.

Bumpurino

RDX packs and a parachute. Faggots never look up.

To git gud at 2142, you have to prey upon people's complete lack of situational awareness. Circle around the battlefield, and attack from the back. Pincer movements. 3D combat. Read historic accounts of strategies of various commanders, and their battles. Even as a lone wolf, you can use real combat information to succeed. Want to snipe? Shoot and move. Don't worry about kills per minute, just don't die.

Out of ammo? Change packs with some fuck you killed, and keep rolling until you get your original class loadout again.

The pilum is basically an antitank rifle. The ass end of tanks is their weak spot, and the vents on the underside of a walker are their weak spots.

How do you unlock new weapons anyway?

Batlefield was always shit

yes, I'm aware. take a look at your diet. being zinc or vitamin D deficient can trigger it, so can being sedentary. i learned the hard way.

main menu, top right, there's a button.

Thanks. Now I'm torn on what to get, though. I play lots of support because I enjoy shooting down chokepoints, is the alternative LMG any good?

Downloading now

Well, nevermind. Looks like that unlock point I have is only for the first set of utility equipment, even though I already have all of those when I play.

holy shit and these are acutally active. And my toaster of a laptop can handle it? Today gonna be a good day.

Are they using a whitelist?

Ironically, I'd never felt more awful in my life than when I ate regularly and took multivitamins.

2142 runs well on Pentium 4 systems, so anything newer than a ten year old computer will blow past the recommended specs.

If you want easy teamwork points, get the defibrillator (assault class) and heal and revive the fuck out of your teammates. Throwing down health kits or ammo boxes at a battlefront (ugh) can passively earn you teamwork points. Following a squad leader's orders does, too. Try to earn badges, pins, and medals in rounds, too, but don't go out of your way to get the dumb shit like trying to run ten people over.

Can anyone toss the installer up on Mega or something?

Never mind, my browser autofilled my email instead of my username.

BUMP

eat fruit and veg, most multivit are shit. read the ingredients

Battlefield Vietnam servers when?

Just played for a couple hours, and am pretty shit still.

Pretty disappointed that a metal fence and trees stop a tank and that there's no destruction.

THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN

here's the webm

if their servers are as fast as their download hosting i'm pretty stoked

No they won't, cause they burn them instead

So when will people start hosting modded servers?

Depending on how hard it is to put up a server using the tools, I might try putting up one early tomorrow if it's easy enough.

I'm so fucking hard at the prospect of playing this all night

Waiut. They got a BF2 & 2142 but not BF1942 and Nam?

Because those two run on the same Refractor Engine. Infact, back when the gaming press gave a shit, they complained that 2142 was a $50 mod for BF2

The fact that there's so much glitch footage to perfectly match the actual trailer is outstanding.

So how is it different from the Reclamation project? Will I have to download the game again? Is the launcher bloated?

This is the most depressing thing I've ever watched.

1942 and Vietnam don't require authentication through EAIDS, so you can still play them whenever you want, really. No persistent stats or anything to muck up running a dedicated server on a Pentium 3.

Wasn't this the first game to feature in-game advertising using rotating ads on billboards?

I hope ping doesn't fuck me up this time.

I've been having a great time playing this tonight. It even works correctly with my 2560x1080 ultrawide which I was not expecting.

However the game feels really jerky and laggy even though I'm at a consistent ~80 ping. Maybe the servers are shit? Is anyone else experiencing this?

I- I have something in my eye. These aren't tears of joy I swear.

I sure do hope mine will.

I never played any Battlefield game, although I have the 2142 CD, when I wanted to play it the servers were already down.

Any tips for a newbie?

To be honest, how hilarious those glitches looked actually made me interested in Battlefield Kangz.

2142 is basically a reskinned battlefield 2 with more interesting weapons.

Fanks Bruv.

Fuck off shill.

Wonder if there will be a Nig Nog Mod for BF2142? :^)

BF2 veteran here, I rejected 2142 at the time because it was a copy paste job. How are the weapons more interesting?

I've been playing, no lag issues but I think they could use more servers, at least in europe
Also the game acts weird, unless you're walking on a perfect plain terrain, your character starts shaking with every step I can only describe it as if you were lagging

Also, no vehicle maps on a battlefield game is not a good idea

Mechs.

That's a vehicle. But the weapons are still hitscan from the looks of it. All hitscan all the time. Boring.

I actually converted to consoles for a while, played a lot of BFBC1 which I still think was superior to every Battlefield game since. Grenade and rocket launchers were very important in that game and destruction was waaayyyy better than in BF3 and 4. DICE just fucking lost it after BC2. Any way, BC1 had more interesting weapons than BF2 and presumably 2142. Is PSN on PS3 still free or did PS3 sonyggers get jewed with the advent of PS4+? I'm sure as hell not paying for XBL ever again.

On the internet, nobody knows when you're Anthony Burch.

BFBC1 was console exclusive garbage. But the storyline was fun.

BFBC2 tried to hard to be call of duty what with the perks and in my mind that's when the battlefield series started going downhill.

I am stuck what should I choose ?

Battlefield 2, you fuckin idiot.

idk, ask /r/games.

Is that animal (what is that) suiciding?

It's just a dumb cow

Your termination has been ordered.

Isn't that the same thing as a human who suicides? Just a dumb human.

Yes

It wasn't garbage AS A CONSOLE GAME. BC2 is almost identical but gets a pass because there was a PC version. Most PC BF players call BC2 the last good Battlefield before 3 ruined everything (and 4 is a rehash of 3).

You can call all of console gaming garbage and by that association BFBC1 is garbage. But only by that association. I've never played a shooter that felt better with a pleb pad. Best aim accel curve and controls in general, best physics, best sound, great graphics for its time (still looks better than most indie FPS on PC right now), BFBC1 had it all.

As a console game.

Holla Forums clan/group/whatever when.

I hate playing these without a cohesive squad.

and a good leader with a mic to tell my silent ass what to do

BC2 was good because its smaller scale, destruction and mechanics all fit together to create a nice little spinoff.
When they mixed it all up to create the shit soup that is Battlefield 3 and onwards thats when it became pure shit.
Those are neither good console or PC games, just garbage and it poses itself as a mainline game.
Problem with BC2 is that it attracted many consolefags/CoDfags.
And now we have pic related on top of all the cancer

BC2 isnt the best game however, thats due to the said faggots I mentiomed above, Battlefield 2 is the best of the series and dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

I've been playing, but I want to chuck it on my Mac the Uni subsidised to play on the go. What are the differences? The download link doesnt say that the OS X version has the DLC, so would that mean I can't play on some servers or what?

Welp

I always loved BF2 and I actually went back to it maybe a year ago and played it for a couple months again. Still holds up for sniping and anti-tanking and some vehicles like the attack heli and dune buggy (or whatever it's called, the little one). But it also still has TERRIBLE netcode at any ping and no destruction except for wooden doors on some fences.

I never played BC2 but if it is like BC1, except improved then it must be better than BF2 just by virtue of the netcode and destruction. BC1's netcode on peer to peer console shit felt better than BF2's on real dedicated servers. That's how bad BF2 netcode was and still is.

did ya tried add exception for game exe's for DEP?

Battlefield 4 is in a pretty ok place right now. It's not the greatest but it's not awful either. BF1 looks like it's going to be a buggy mess on release with a lot of viral marketing shilling hard for it. I would love to be wrong, but the beta didn't win me over. What I really want is a real updated version of Titan mode. That was the best back in the day.

We've got people playing Project Reality, the old mod for bf2 now standalone.

30mb per 5min
while they give full BF2 for fag-o-mac from googledrive
it's like they don't want to let people play it
time left: 6h; speed 0.9

didn't meant to reply

it's a cow. intelligence is on par with a lively moss. like you.

3rd world internet is duffering.

Wich one is more alive? 2 or 2142?

Also, is there any way to resize the HUD? shit's huge, the chat bothers me the most, though

damn that made me giggle

Holla Forums serber when?

PLEASE SOMEONE RELEASE A FREE REMAKE FOR LINUX, I MISS TITAN MODE SO MUCH

2142 was my most favorite game ever and I hate EA

they need to make a FOSS re-make of 2142 that is for free on linux. as in free, freedom, no money

then we could have a Holla Forums server and have loads of fun

Its called Renegade X

So, I can only see one/two servers at most, and whenever I connect after a short while I get kicked. Anyone has any help? I would ask on the "official chat", but I'm not touching discord without a fucking hazmat suit.

what? FOSS? linux? free? 2142 remake? WHAT?

Renegade X
-Remake of C&C Rengade
-Free
-Not Open Source
-Has a LInux version

Are you mentally deficient?

Hes from Holla Forums, of course he is

can we get a Holla Forums server of a foss remake of that?

I prefer a foss remake of 2142 though

Go develop the ramke, Ill be waiting here till then

I mean, if we could get a FOSS as in freedom remake of 2142 maybe Holla Forums could get a server and the game could be made so that I can run on even an older computer that isn't very powerful. alot of linux games are very well made like that and many anons can play them with no lag issues.

To be fair, Project Reality has a reason to hold off. They've had their little autistic club for almost 10 years now and they don't want shitters from Insurgency: Global Offensive touching their game, or at least the hosting tools for it.

but I'm not a Holla Forums genius. those guys are so cool, I'm sure they will pull through.

stoppppppp farting!@=!!

whoa there

Also, it's going pretty quick for me. 4gb in 10 minutes is pretty much my max speed.

That music is a fucking travesty.

WE DUN CHANNNNGE DUH WORLLLLLLLLL

It was the trailer music, wasn't it? I love when big publishers use historically accurate music for their historically accurate video games.

These executives want the normalfag money and hard, so theyll put any shitty pop/club song on top of the game trailer/footage.
The main theme isnt much better, they cant make a good Battlefield theme again if their life depended on it.

It was the reveal footage yes,so they can attract all the normalfags.
Theres a reason all the nigger celebreties were there, including Snoop Dogg Lion

So I'm a dumbfuck who's never played BF before. Is there a tutorial somewhere? I don't see one.

shill spotted

Cant find that fucking video for the life of me, think I even subscribed to the guy and everything.

WEW
Back to >>>Holla Forums

:^)

>SHILLING
>FOR SOMETHING THAT COSTS NO MONEY
I KNOW THIS IS BAIT BUT HOLY SHIT AT LEAST DO SOMETHING AT LEAST RESEMBLING A JOKE

bump

I'm all for FOSS software. I'm just not a fucking retard who goes into threads regarding ALREADY PRODUCED PROPRIETARY SOFTWARE and asks "Why isn't this FOSS."

You fucking know they're not going to make a FOSS remake, because if they did you'd already be playing it.

You're just here to find something to bitch about. IT IS FREE.

FREE

There is ZERO MONEY INVOLVED with this. NONE.

What part of "FREE" do you not understand. You don't have to fucking pay for this. It's not run by EA, not associated with them.

IT.
IS.
FREE.

The only reason you're even fucking asking these questions is because of this FOSS meme. What the fuck would YOU even do with the source code. There's already mod development tools.

If you want a FOSS 2142 (and you're not going to believe this one SIMPLE step):

MAKE IT YOURSELF, YOU LAZY NIGGER.

I've never played a BF game before, so no. That said, it seems pretty standard.

Tutorial happens ingame but its so broken you might as well just read something on the internet or get good.

you are just a hard headed anti freedom shill, they should totally make a FOSS version for linux.

Why bother with so much work so five people can play it on a dead OS?

it's only like 3.5 gb, why 7 hours?

Seems like some people have good speeds and others have shit speeds. Maybe try reconnecting?

tried 4 times today at different hours, still whit that seed, it sholdn't take so long.

Fuckoff, most of their devs are dead and all the games they've made since BC2 have been shit.

I'm guessing their servers are shit at least in the EU region.

Do it now, you… you…

PIZZA SHILL

i am south american

Yeah but 1943 was decent for a remake.

why?

because my mommy and daddy where south american

I really hope one of you isn't called Gitgudguy or something, saw some one with that username getting his ass kicked with like 10/30 kd

Nope, they're good

gr8 b8 m8, plent of people love linux because it allows them to avoid microshit winblows 10

a FOSS remake of 2142 would be ASTOUNDING

Are you Brazilian?

Chilean, more at the south so i walways have to play whit arround 200 of ping

Arg here, me and some u-r-gay fags downloaded in an hour/two, but speed fluctuated a bit. However, we are having constantly issues trying to get into a server with a few of us getting kicked constantly, and only 2 servers showing up

Lucky you

BF2s menu music fit so well with the theme. Coupled with the amazing opening video that fades out on a UAV feed it makes you feel like you're in a command building watching a battle unfold below you through the camera. Going even deeper into the autistic world building you can just imagine viewing the video through a grainy CRT on some military issue Pentium III shitbox (albeit weatherproof shitbox) blue force tracker or something like that. The only other thing that gives me a similar military immersion boner is the radio chatter in CoD4/MW2 and Black. Both have superb audio processing even down to the send/recieve beep that makes it sound like it just might be coming through a shit military radio.

God I forgot how slick that menu theme got. 2142's is still my most nostalgic though.

chileno ql

BF2 menu song is so good, chill build up before you deploy.
i love the BC2 menu, the slow steady drums. when you're on the loading screen the drums pick up pace.

then we have BF3, the menu music is a faggot rave some waxed-mustache-gauged-ears made in fruityloops in 5 minutes.
youtube.com/watch?v=iRN62IebC04

Back when AAA games actually had production values to justify the price they were asking

Thats some Goat Simulator levels of glitch, but not intentional.

but muh high quality assets

IT FUCKING WORKS

But now I need to decide: What should I name the server Holla Forums?

dicknuts

KnickKnackPaddywack

ViolationStation

WEWUZKINGS

oh wait, twenty one forty jew

I played every single BF game since 1942, but skipped 2142 because of the ads in game bullshit.

yes I am a retard

time for redemption

I'm liking this already

Call of Duty: Future Warfare
Snow Maps 24/7
Infinite Lobby
HotBiPeds
It_Just_Works
The mind of Eduard SNOWden

You didnt miss much plus it looked like ass for the time and the netcode is still shit.
Certainly not worth the asking price.
Also it locks essencial equipment like defrib and EMP grenades on a shitty progression system.

Big Baller Shot Caller

Dubs decides, right?

chupalo con mayo jil ql

Mestiços, rua!!!

DoubleDigitManBabiesWithGuns
Al Gore was right again!
Turn off that pesky Adblock
Future Famas Firearms
Hold Q to win
Big guys server

Yep, as long as it's not something completely fucking stupid like KAY KAY KAY or something else insanely edgy. In before it ends up as something edgy and I have to set the banner to Not Important as a result.

Also here's the server banner that it uses, feel free to add one SFW thing to it and reup it in the thread. Make it like a collage of autism or something.

For comparison, here's recorded radio chatter from Mogadishu on Oct 3 1993, the day when the black hawks were shot down. It was probably a lot clearer as it was being transmitted but who knows what it was recorded on.

Battlefield Checkem

Battlefield Mobile Digit Inspection Team

How on earth has no one tried to make a gamemode like 2142's Titan mode? That mode was the most creative, and fun thing I've ever played. Dice tried to bring it back in Battlefield 4 with Carrier Assault, but it doesn't have the heart and soul of what made Titan mode amazing.

Seriously, you could make a game just with Titan mode with how big it was. I'm shocked Sony hasn't tried doing something like that with Planetside 2.

Welcome to the jam

I Seriously Hope You Guys Don't Join This Server

Someone put this in the corner. I'd do it myself, but I'm already multitasking like a madman

Back to the Overwatch thread

Absolute Madmen

Don't worry, you always have this to remember BF2142 by.

fuck does that count

You misunderstood me, my good friend. You hold Q to communicate with your teammates via simple radio commands and chatter such as "Enemy spotted!" or "I need repairs" or even "GO GO GO".
Communication is key to victory. I do not play Overwatch nor do I condone playing Overwatch in any way, shape or form.
Good day faggot.

looks like Back to the Overwatch thread is gonna be the name

I veto this because faggots will join and meme up the place even harder than we will assuming it's a public server

SoE isnt owned by Sony anymore and they're called Daybreak studios now.
Latest thing they've done is making building by harvesting resources scattered on the map.
They use all the money there to fund they're shitty survival game.

Also Landmark and Everquest Next are dead.

seconding, plus rerolling
Battlefield Mobile Digit Inspection Team
password: checkem

Here you go. Remember to add your own shit onto this to anyone else in the thread.

Seems like the winner so far, unless we get something else.

you fucking idiots what have you done

That's stupid.

fug

WINRAR

hey you, checkem

Could've been worse, I guess trips have nullified the faggotry of re-rolling.

Having a password on the server seems like a bad idea, since you need a lot of players for this game. We can make private squads right?

it's not like the password is hard, checkem is alright.

or run a private and a public

The password can be removed if we want more players, no?
There's plenty of anons anyway.

Fuck, you're right, its press, not hold.
Faggot

So, which one is it?

battlefield mobile digit inspection team, if you please

If that fails: 8 Ping Garand

s-stop

Honorary mention as to being the MOTD. Runner up to that was .

Keeping it without a pass right now, we'll see if we need a pass or not.

Yeah, it can be done in real time.

"battlefield mobile digit inspection team" doesn't fit, but "Back to the Overwatch thread" does.

I dig it

I'm getting very mixed messages from you, user
Are you trying to seduce me?

pressing Q spots enemies and calls allies in BC2 and most likely newer entries afterwards, but in 2142 you have to hold Q, select the line in the UI and then click it to activate it. Simply tapping Q doesn't do diddly dick

make it WINRAR fuck it.

Remove Battlefield, then, since it's redundant

No for the love of Murdercube, please don't

Fuck. Shorten it then. I really don't want WINRAR to be the server name. Curse my trips

Is it really that hard to pick a non-cancerous server name in this day and age?
We're not picking a name for an RPG character, it's a fucking goofball BF2142 server that will be a barrel of laughs for a couple of weeks, drop off the face of the earth with only 5 people remaining who will scatter among other larger servers and then we'll have another thread identical to this and we'll do it all over again.

Call it "The Vicious Dubs", that's a nice dose of cancer.

you knew the risks and you took them. you have condemned us all with your hubris user.

server owner please pick a name and get it running
I have adult things to do in the morning

in the mean time while we wait for OP

What's with this EA account login bullshit? I thought the whole point of the revive launcher was to allow you to play because the servers are gone, why do i need a fucking EA account?

You don't, just use your revive username and pw

You need a Revive account, it has nothing to do with EA

It's not an EA account. Read the bloody site.

you use your revive account
revive is basically a new master server
you should be thankful that they're doing this, and even distributing the damn game for free
honorable mention goes to the team that got MGO2 (and MGO) working again, but you need a jailbroken PS3 (and I think a phat for MGO)

whelp

Agreed. Just get the server up so we can play, we can worry about the name and the banner and all that shit later.

Was talking about Overcuck user.
I know how spotting works
>Q
Not T

Im not hosting you niggers, check IDs you cuckchan newfags.

Server's now up, running Conquest. Look for it in the server browser.

BRAVO OP

How long is it up for?

However long people want to play.

It was tough, but dubs are the king.

By the way if anyone runs into the thread saying the server crashed, I changed the mapsize since we only have 4 people in the server.

SERVER CRASHED OP WHAT DO WE DO
I HAD AN APC
I HAD A GUNNER
WE HAD THAT HOMOSEXER'S TANK IN SIGHT

Oh, that's why I don't see it. Fix the server OP plox.

did server just assplode? i lost connection.

all according to keikaku, DDoS successful :DDDD

wait
fug

are you changing shit again user

Gelgoog here, game crashed on me

man my bugs werent funny like that most of the time it would just take away everyones guns and gadgets.

SERVER OWNER STOP FUCKING DISCONNECTING AFTER EVERY ROUND
seriously
t.autism

Server keeps crashing on starting a new round, oddly.

Hey, maybe I'm good at this game after all

We had 8 people at one point. What's up with the server?

It's back up.

What's the difference between updating the server list and refreshing the server list?

server seems to crash when round ends

The server is having a hiccup where at the end of a round and at the start of a new one, it crashes the server tools resulting in the "there is a connection issue" error and kicking everyone out. I've made the tickets double and an auto mapchange as a result to hopefully fix it.

WHY THE FUCK IS IT CRASHING AT THE END OF A ROUDN

Holy fuck I'm bad at this game

No clue, but it's weird

that's the last game for me tonight, we finally won one guys

Welp. It keeps happening. It doesn't really bother me.

Are there any small titan maps host user?

gg anons
it has been fun
but, until tomorrow
checkem
bf2 might be fun tomorrow as well, it works with revive as well

Server's dead now it seems. It was just me and another user left. We fucked around for a bit but no one came so I left.
I'll see if I stop by tomorrow. Hope hosting user is still active by then.

2142 was always my favorite BF game because i played it for such a short time and mechs are cool. punkbuster killed it to death and people had given up by the time i had started. i know back in 2009 there was still one or two communities playing, but i think they were all German or something.

Yeah the only one time I got to play it was at an internet cafe with a couple of friends and by that time it was already pretty old. It's a shame I was such a poorfag because I loved the shit out of all the other battlefields.

Shit, my memory of them stops at 2142 so maybe I should've said "all prior battlefields."

i only ever played BF2 2142 and a little bit of BC2. 2142 was my favorite but all had strengths and weaknesses, i liked the destruction in BC2 that was cool as shit, but it always lacked flavor.

At 0:16, is that a BLACK Nazi? The fuck?

All but one of the character models for Battlefield 1 are black.
It's also before the Nazis, so actually it's more along the lines of WE WUZ KAIZERS N SHIEEET

Where have you been, user? We've known about this bullshit since it was announced.

there were black German soldiers in WW1 but as far as i know they were only in the colonial theatre. i believe the reasoning they gave was "its 2016".
also the primary weapons are all prototype semi auto's that take like 2 to 3 shots to the head to kill, smg's, and sniper rifles. as far as i know no matter your faction you can have any gun.

WW1 lads.

This bothers me much more than the KANGZ aspect. I was floored when I saw they were using the Mondragon.
Not everything has to be fast paced DICE, you dumb niggers

Also notice the lack of trenches.

It's supposed to be alternative history game.

You almost got me, you cheeky bastard.

Holy fuck you can't be serious, that's worse than I thought.

(checked)

It's hip nounpunk. The imperialistic industrial countries use melanin powered meat golems to wage dystopian global war.

WHERE MY INFANTRY RADAR NIGGAS AT?!

is anyone playing

Conversely, let's look at a trailer made for a community-made mod, by community members, using royalty-free music, and no budget.

Some of these shots give me a directorial dong expansion.

This can't be good. I'm pretty sure that's related to passwords.

Is anyone having trouble with the hover tank controls? I can only use my mouse to lift the cannon up and down, but I cant steer by sweeping left or right with the mouse. Strafing works with WASD, anyone else have this issue?

Oh look, oh great, another hipster who tries to set himself apart from the rest of the group by using an alternative image when constanza posting. It's shit like this that ruins any kind of cohesive culture we have in this place. Constanza posting is supposed to be a post with exactly that picture and nothing else, you know what picture I'm talking about. It is also required to post something like "shiggy diggy" in the text or else it would just be a picture of George Costanza swinging a bat.
We need to be clear on matters like these. Memes are not to be abused! If you go on and invent your own memes, or put your own spin on them, then how are the rest of us supposed to know what they mean? I don't know how to react to a picture of a gorilla eating marmelade either, do you? Just posting any garbage picture you find on the internet does not make it a meme. Infact I think the mods should ban any "memes" not on some kind of official sanctioned list. Otherwise it will be the Pepe situation all over again. It was good when we had "Feels good man", "Feels bad man" and smug Pepe. Now all these rare Pepes or whatever you call them are floating around and devaluing the meme until nobody can take it seriously anymore. If I post a "Feels bad man" today people will complain about the lack of Trump hair or urine. Is that what you wish to happen to Costanza as well? If not, then do it right!
Pic related

Ok boys I just downloaded it, is there anyone else from here on?

I need to go out in 10 minutes. I'll probably be playing for a bit in about 5 o 6 hours. Hopefully the previous serverfag is active by then.

Is the download down for everyone else?

I downloaded it on the day of release, before anybody really knew about it and I shilled it here and on cuck/v/. I was getting full speed on my fiber connection simply, probably because no one was really downloading it at the time. I imagine the constant stream of player stats and downloads going on has really slowed them down, so I doubt it's your internet that's the problem.

Is it just me or is it impossible to download the launcher?

Just wait for few minutes and the launcher should start downloading. Downloading the game is the real problem, I'm just downloading a torrent and hope the patch works.

They should've designed their launcher to use torrents but Ce`la vi.

Yeah I can't even wait for the download to begin since it just throws an error at me.

wait

I'm probably looking in the wrong place but I can't see any servers for europe? how populated are they?

At least it's better than the travesty known as Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 themes. Battlefield 3 is rip headphone users while 4 sounds like something I would hear in a club.

bump

In theory it should be easier to make something that surpasses Titan Mode (we probably already have but it's on ded games with their own problems) since Titan mode's biggest problems involve lag caused by moving the Titans themselves and the fact that boarding Titans became a stalemate of constant spam of grenades, mines, and C4 that forced most attackers to just resort to relying on missile silos to down Titans.

They dropped the ball when they couldn't even get the fucking game to run properly after 4 years since launch. Titan-style mechanics would kill the already broken game.

having fun but unlockable equipment is cancer.

I guess it's because they want to replicate that ghetto feel.

Fuck, it's been years since I've played and need to git gud all over again.
Getting my ass kicked almost constantly.

I can't find the one clip that was about a minute long and making fun of BF3 theme by making BF4 theme just noise

Did you at least say to yourself "Game over, man! Game over!"

I find the weak sounding and weak punching guns incredibly unsatisfying. This is what made me drop the game at the old internet cafes. Does it ever get any better? And why do I have to unlock the bloody grenades? They're grenades!

Well that was a surprise, thanks. Polite sage.

It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?

So I might have figured out the server crashes at the end of the map, I've been trying it with Battlefield 2 and 2142 and had no crashes in 5 rounds of playing either game. Hopefully reinstalling the game fixed it. I still get crashes on playing Strike at Karkand though for some reason.

Moonman Base

do have have serb or huwat?

I love titan mode so much it was so fun breaking in and blowing it up and then running away and parachuting off. it was also fun defending, even if we lost.

I actually enjoyed 2142 unlocks. if only it wasn't so hard to unlock everything. if it was incredibly easy it would still be fun to use different things and then watch the unlocks happy like little prizes. I enjoyed trying different tools and weapons. 2142 felt perfect.

I might add that I would like a less laggy remake FOSS and for linux that would run on a really old computer without problems. I can't afford a new computer but linux games have made me feel hope that big games can run on very old computers without problems. they are just made better.

There was like a solid few weeks where all I did was come home from high school and play the BF2 demo. So many hours on Gulf of Oman.

I speak slov.

Titan mode was fun for what it was

The unlocks were mostly fine, if the progression rate wasn't so goddamn slow. The gadgets you unlocked were at least unique sci-fi toys except for the stuff that a class needs to actually be useful (like the Assault's defribrilator or the G36-style carbine for the Recon for frontline playstyles)

The defib behind an unlock was retarded as fuck, the only time I've ever seen such a stupid unlock in the series was flares for jets on BF3.

I feel the same user. 2142 and the battlefield bad company 2 demo (port valdez) are some of my best battlefield memories)

what I notice is that the demo's for these games tend to always be much more fun than the main game itself.

even the battlefield 3 demo as terrible as it was, was hilariously stupid and much more fun than the final game.

in the demo's everything is always so crazy and everyone is just fucking around and pulling the craziest shit and everything is so funny that I almost die laughing, the guns actually have personality and while everything is extremely unbalanced, EVERYTHING is unbalanced in such a fun way that it doesn't matter.

in the finished game everything is balanced to death and all the guns are EQUALLY shitty, all the fun glitches and problems are patched and all the bad glitches are left in, just to fuck the customer.

I love the feeling of unlocking things but I hate waiting. I agree with you completely about that.

what would have been great is a huge amount of unlocks that change the look and feel of everything and just add alot of variety, as quickly unlocking gifts that the game just spits out at you for no reason. that would be great. different scopes and attatchments and stocks and mags and everything would be fun to mess around with. maybe different types of ammo for every weapons.

when a game lets you change different things about your gun, but doesn't let you change ALL of them at once.

if I have a different barrel, scope, stock, mag, ammo, upgrade, ANYTHING, and the game only lets me do two of them at once.

I mean, my fucking rage! I would love to add and remove anything from my weapons and save those configurations whenever I want. I don't want limitations. I just want loads of freedom and fun.

everyone should be able to add everything to a weapon all at once just to see how specialized or how strange they could make their weapon. I miss being able to make my weapon almost unrecognizable from a crazy amount of addons and upgrades. what about character upgrades as well? we need more of those.

(FOSS linux 2142 remake when!?!?) I could play that so much. so so much.

I loved getting mods and skins to change the sounds and look of the guns too.

the 2142 scifi gadgets were so cool, it didn't even matter if I had no fucking idea what some of them did, they looked so cool, and then I eventually learned how to use them and got better at the game.

I remember getting banned from a server once because there was a way to type a hex decimal code in your chat, and the game actually let you change the color of your chat text. everyone screamed "HACKER!! BAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT!" and I was like "no no it's not a hack! please I BEG YOU!" and they banned the shit out of me. soon after that 2142 just kind of fell apart and everyone quit, EA were being assholes or something.

It got worse for everything Bad Company 2 onwards

Next in BF5, you'll have to unlock the ability to use guns for Assault.

I feel your pain. I never give EA money any more. I never buy their shit. same for ubisoft and bethesda and microsoft and sony

and activision

Is there a tweak guide for this? Pretty sure I'm being shot at by players beyond the fog range.

I remember when I played 2142. always had some hackers. in fact, every single game from EA I ever played always had some hackers. especially the battlefield games. it was crazy. 2142 had this player would would use cloak but they would get to nearly impossible to reach places and drop infinite bombs on people and never run out of ammo.

oh and there were those people in all battlefield games that would knife you across the entire map and then teabag the ground

I'm angry.

ANGRY ABOUT NO FOSS LINUX 2142 REMAKE!

fucking assholes bumplocked the thread

you dumb fucking nigger
it's post 300 posts retard

It's above the post limit you moron.

new bread?

But that's a lie. The tools are given right out of the gate and they're all on cooldown after you use them.

Does OP have a server still up?

You know, I think the TTK here is way lower than other BF games. I remember in BF2 how innacurate most weapons were and how it took 10+ rounds to kill. Guns in 2142 sound dinky but a quick burst drops most enemies.
I just wish the sprint function lasted longer than 1 second.

Cool, user. Glad I made your day.

The fuck are you talking about? You had to unlock medkits and ammo boxes in Bad Company 2 by leveling those respective classes. Unless they changed that sometime after the game released and retroactively unlocked them for new players like they did with the plane flares in Battlefield 3

you have to wait for it to recharge again, the full burst is alright, you just got to treat it as another level of resorce management.

test

God, I can't see the enemies most of the time. I know my eyes are complete shit, but I can't be the only one who has this problem, can I?

learn to identify movement, its how i do it and im blind as a bat. dont sit out in the open either, take cover and force them to assault you. snipers are shitters but normally you can deal with them pretty easy in this game so long as theirs a solid pop.
dont try to pixel hunt, youll get tunnel vision and die.

That's pretty good advice, thanks. Now how do I get my bullets to fly straight?

I also need help with this. I aim for center mass and fire in short bursts, but sometimes the hit indicator never pops up. Weapons feel very inaccurate in this game.

at longer distances, try switching to single fire mode.

Also, I think going prone(z?) increases your accuracy. I remember "dolphin diving" was totally fucking broken for the longest time in BF2. You used to enter and exit prone position pretty much instantly and it greatly increased your accuracy and made you harder to hit.

New thread when?

NOW