Dawn of War just updated

Like, the first one. And all the expansions. Anybody manage to find the patch notes? Been trying to figure out what Sega changed.

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/
forums.warforge.ru/index.php?showtopic=126484
1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Eldar
dow.wikia.com/wiki/Retribution/Slugga_Boyz
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're right, there was. Interesting.

They just changed the opening videos from THQ to SEGA.

When was the last time it got an update? Why 6mbs? What the fuck is happening? Tyranid race when?

I just confirmed, you are correct.

Mystery solved.

Thread's over, everyone go home.
Who would win, Zerg or Tyranid?

No, that was done ages ago when Sega acquired them.

Tyranid since there's a possibility their fleets are the size of galaxies

This user has it right.
They probably did something to the multiplayer. Considering how old the game is it's unlikely that they would fuck with anything beyond what is absolutely necesary.

Would it make sense for the tyranids to kill the overmind and then merge with the zerg rather than an all out war? Or better, the overmind willingly joins the Nids

Just imagine the sheer amount of biomass they could put together, not to mention what scary biomorphs may emerge. The universe would be fucked.

Just get titanium wars mod for dark crusade and soulstorm of course, that means if you try soulstorm then you're a chaos-warped heretic. It literally makes you forget about vanilla entirely, especially considering that it features a fully functioning campaign.

Biomass so huge, it fuses into a bio-sun that emmits biomorph winds.

It had a god awful release but now that it's patched and the mods out for it fix things you should always go with it. You get practically all of the races available.

Speaking of which I'm gonna shit myself in rage if DoW3 will only have 3 races.

Oh they will have more than three races. Just better open up that wallet goyim if you want them. Speaking of, is this probable shitheap going to have Denuvo?

I'm sure there will be plenty of races as DLC

I know that Soulstorm isn't as bad as it was before, but even with its version of titanium wars I have a hard time getting into it with the same passion I fell when I play Dark Crusade, with problems like:

I enjoy the game's many factions, it's just that the execution is very lacking.

Yeah I won't defend the Soulstorm campaign. Fucking garbage from beginning to end.

Maybe they finally fixed the fucking firing on the move issue in EVERY FUCKING GAME PAST DoW 1.

I just want to play Ultimate Apocalypse without the game crashing every twenty minutes. Half the maps don't even work on multiplayer for christ's sake.

Is there a good alternative to it, that is at least a bit more stable? Firestorm of Kaurava? Or is it just a problem with Soulstorm itself?

Titanium Wars is pretty similar.

Does it run better than Ultimate Apocalypse though?

Also to test if it's just Soulstorm did you play vanilla? Did it crash also? I forget if UA has a Dark Crusade version but if it does installl that and see if tbat crashes too. If it does it's not a SS problem. Finally if you're using the Steam version then try disabling the ingame overlay. mods often don't like it. Did the mod come with a readme or is there an FAQ on moddb? Check pcgamingwkki and worst case ask on moddb if the devs are active there.

Dunno, neither give me problems but TW is slightly smaller scale.

Other things to check: are you overheating and if using retail did you patch the game fully?

I have a question. gameplay wise, is better to make varied weapon squad members or just stick to a single kind of weapon per squad? Specifically asking for UA.

They're both good, but UA is better for multiplayer.
Holy shit, when it was implemented? I liked Titanium Wars' Gray Knights faction more than UA Daemon Hunters. After getting UA I kind of forgot about TW.

This user is right. With mods neither version becomes irrelevant anyway.

Wasn't that nt core 2.0 supposed to fix the crashing issues? I don't have the steam version so I wouldn't knowso it crashes every time

Never played SS, I didn't like DC because the campaign made you fight 1v1 on 8 player maps which meant rushing was always the best strategy. Did SS change that?

No.

Is there a mod for DC or SS that does?

Not that I'm aware of. If you use steam you can try looking in the workshop, if it works, or Moddb.

generally you want to specialize squads so that they are most effective against a specific target. If you need to have both anti-vehicle and anti-heavy infantry it's best to send two specialized squads instead of one mixed squad. It's much easier to focus fire that way.

nice explanation. One more thing, should I attach heroes to squads? The Psyker is damn weak and dies every time, the chaplain and the brother captain seems to last more, but I think their potential is halved if you attach them to an squad.

The Emperah you heretic.

what if they both started out fresh?

How fresh you talking about

You also forgot
annoying as shit

do we even know what the earliest nids were like?

i suppose i mean beginning this theoretical showdown at equal footing in typical rts fashion. perhaps ready to start invading worlds before they meet up and start clawing away at eachother.
since theyre both known for exploding growth it would make sense for that to be a factor. who can get more done with less biomass to assimilate? who will overrun planets with intelligent and capable defenders more efficiently?

Either Chaos or Necrons as race number four.

What about Firestorm over Kaurava? I liked it.

I suspect the nids still win. They can use any living matter (plants included) as biomass, the Zerg are still somewhat reliant on specific resources to get going. I also don't think they're as adaptable or as efficient at simply absorbing the traits of enemies that are causing problems.

Maybe that's harsh but for me it's unplayable. Shitty balance, weapons with range so short they never fire or attacking from the other side of the map (not talking about artillery), everything costs 1250/950 and takes forever to upgrade, 80% of units and upgrades are useless, overcosted or both. You can't just take rules from a turn based table top game and put them 1:1 into RTS, especially if the rules are kinda shitty to begin with.
They've made some pretty models for other mods though.

I never tried multi with it, so you might be right there. My favourite part of it was getting to use all the extra types of units.

I mean it's really pretty and has a ton of stuff but gameplay is a giant mess unless you just stomp the AI.

Stop posting her everywhere, masked chicks are my fetish and I don't want to masturbate

soulstorm campaign >>> dc campaign

Either the eldar were extremely weak in DC or the game itself was fucked for everyone.
The latter is true anyway.
Every other base was the exact same.
Then the necron base, supposedly the hardest,
It was piss easy.

Did the Space Marines make the Xenos pay for that wall ?

Make sure you got Large Address Aware and it is working.
techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/

UA sucks.
UA is just spam spam spam units and have 2000 units fighting an extremely long, drawn out battle.
Play soulstorm multiplayer normal (on steam), it's fun and decently balanced (almost).

UA crashed for me as well - usually when I would start to win.

What issue? You lose accuracy if you fire on the move, some units have near perfect fotm accuracy (seraphims, upgraded jetbikes, necrons).

I didn't see SS as a meat grinder or as a defense simulator.
Then again, I played DE.
Sure, stronghold assault battles usually took 1.5 hours to complete but they were alright.

Better than shit crusade, where I would spend 3 hours assaulting 1 province to get to the stronghold.

what a time to be alive.

Yes, I get paid by relic to shill against their games but in favour of 1 of their games.

Feast your eyes fags - forums.warforge.ru/index.php?showtopic=126484

They did that like, last year user.

Damn nice number user

On another note, I just started playing Dawn of War, yeah I missed out when it released, and it's been on my backlog ever since.

What mods should I get? I have the total package soulstorm winter assault e.t.c., any improved texture mods or anything else out there?

Play soulstorm multiplayer (normal).
When you're bored of it, ultimate apocalypse.
You could try dawn of war ss pro but it's dead and the skirmish single player sucks.

how can anyone stand playing imperial guard?

Because Grenade Spam is glorious.

That reminds me, user, do you know of any installation guide for that mod in English?

I downloaded the stuff… but have no idea how to install it. Really want to play me that Russkie-made campaign with all those factions.

Or in every other run, you'd be facing the bloody Necrons since they always have the region with Fury so they can attack twice in one turn.

Why are most modders autistic drama whores?

perhaps it is because most humans are autistic drama whores.

Use either 7zip or winrar to extract the contents, it will ask you for a password most likely, so you will have to type "freedom" in Russian which is свобода.

Try it and tell me if that worked.

The mod is not dead, there is a lot of activity over their Discord channel than their forums. They are testing out Tyranids but if you are a compstomper, I can understand why you call it "dead" since his developer gives no shits about them and only catters to the 1v1 peeps.

Because it's fun, and because I really enjoy those first 5 minutes of the game where im just unstoppable

I feel sorry for you

Tyrannids, because WH40k is stupidly overpowered in every way and we're talking some seriously autistic big bands on the tyrannid part.

Right, thanks, I'll have to give that a shot.

bump

Reminder than in terms of fantasy power levels, even the ridiculousness of DoW loses to Supcom. Get a single ACU on planetside and the entire planet can become a war factory within hours.

user, we have a problem.

For DarkCrusade.exe, it says that the program can't start because LuaConfig.dll is missing from my computer.

For Soulstorm.exe, it says that it can't because Filesystem.dll is missing from my comp.

What gives? I thought all I had to do was password shenanigans.

ok

I think Zerg are more interesting.
I mean without Kerrigan. Cerebrates, Queen's, Stukov, the Overmind. Kerrigan was the worst part.

How was that for you?

Zerg are a lot more shallow than nids and Blizzard has no intention of developing them any further.

I think you picked the wrong post, user.

pretty fucking terrifying thank you very much

>THEIR BASE IS AN ARTILLERY PLATFORM? FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU-

Oh yeah, I know that feel.

You know the game is called dawn ofeldar for a reason right?
GIT GUD.

Didnt IG squad/kasrkin benefit from firing on the move since they have no recoil?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dawn_of_Eldar

nope

that was done years ago faggot

You will never understand.

Shit, i thought that was one of the things IG had going for them, must have gotten it confused.

Im pretty sure being able to field the biggest army in the game isnt one of the eldar specialty.
But the point stands, if he thinks that winning with the eldar is hard, then hes just bad at the game.

Hi Iron Lore shill.

all thoses point are valid.
eldar where unofficialy ban form multiplayer.

serious question here:

am i the only one who find DoW II more entertaining to watch than DOW I ?

DoW II have a feel closer to tabletop (small skirmish but where all unit are important) **
DoW II is more skill base and less casual (because much more punitive) making it even more interesting to watch
that's why even if i prefer to watch DoW II replay i hate playing skirmish and almost never played compared to DoW DC

Couldn't agree more. It's also a bad game just like tabletop 40k.

DOW 2's gameplay only really applies to space marines, chaos marines and eldar, it doesnt makes any sense to have a tyranid army of 4 units/heroes/"vehicles", the same applies to orks and imperial guard.

Yep, the mod community did a great job witch balance changes and adding new stuff when the devs dropped support for the game

But it is like you say: It`s better to watch it rather than playing it

IIRC they still have different squad size and pop consumption
so i guess it balance.

sure you will never face a gigantic WAAAAAAGH. but its the same for taletop unless you go apocalypse .

or maybe that s only the case for DoW II ELITE .
but honestly: who play dow II's skirmish without elite mode?

imperial/tyrannids/eldar/chaso and space marin. looks accurate

Wakey-wakey, gits.

Still looks like shit. Why in he name of the fucking Outsider did they insist on the comic graphics.

You can do that with Warcraft, but not with a setting that has virtually trademarked the term "GRIMMMMMDARK".

Also, the guns on the knight sound awful. They're supposed to be fucking gatling cannons, not PEW PEW lasers.

my fears are confirmed …

can it be more cartoonish ?
where is the powerfull/heavy feeling that a member of the adeptus astartes should have ?

also
laser canon look more like fucking lasgun

DoWII's only true strength is the ridiculously broken single-player campaign since at least it offers fun through build variety and hilariously difficult-yet-easy-to-cheese missions. The multiplayer is nothing but unbalanced garbage, the reason it punishes casual players is because it punishes all players period.

DoWII isn't necessarily bad, it's just that the crippling design of the multiplayer/single-player skirmish mode severely detract from the fun factor, leaving the campaign as the only solace to be had from that heretical madness.

DOW2 threw all lore out of the goddamn window.
In lore they're supposed to move so fast you can't aim and their swords cut up through space marine armor like butter.

They're supposed to be disposable meatshield pokers, you throw 3000 guardsmen to kill 50 eldar.

They're supposedly 60 million years OLDER than the other races (except orks).

Again, sluggas are fucking gearless overgrown spores.

Obviously, space marines have to fight eldar.

It makes since, it's not like there's a 100 million years old robotic self-regenerating race with indestructible mobile headquarters threatening humanity, or fungus-warriors that can never be eliminated, or all-devouring aliens that continuously adapt and modify themselves.
Pic related: blue is the biggest threat!

Quite honestly, while at first the lore rape appears to be the biggest issue (and still remains a huge problem) by only focusing on fan favorites, dow3 has a lot more in the "holy fucking shit this looks like garbage" department. Not only is it featuring ASSFAGGOTS bullshit that is absolutely going to cripple single-player modes because of course they're gonna push for the e-sports meme, but the gameplay so far looks so lacking.

Beyond the design that's lifted straight from starcraft 2 because we obviously wanted more of that game so badly, the gameplay seems to have been lifted from that game as well, with the bullshit "stand in this spot for free cover" replacing any legimate positioning and strategy, but the badass sync-kilss are gone, and melee units are stated to have "light armor", so if you thought that Thaddeus dying like a bitch in DoW2 was such a wonderful experience, now you can have it in the sequel applied to an entire battle mechanic!

I was so fucking hyped when the announcement happened, but holy shit this game has been nothing but the absolute application of the librarian's quote: "hope is the first step on the road to dissapointment." Fuck this game.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg since those are the only details relic's given, who the fuck knows what else awaits, and that prospect really frightens me.

the game is punishing so yea like i said : it threw casual of this genre like me back to dow1.
but is it bad to have a more punishing type of skirmish? i dont think so.

you arent supose to throw your unit like dow I anymore.
all unit are important just liek table top.
you wont be like: select squad=> press del to free some pop.

that s why i said dow II is so much fun to watch while DOW 1 is boring to watch yet fun to play .
i m one of thoses who prefer relaxe and enjoy a good battle.
Dow1 "skirmish" where perfect for that.

but DOW II is more of a tactical game.
you can t just build and unit: max it out and throw it then build it again like that

wasn t it the same for dow 1 ? IIRC you had to research fleet of foot
i guess i played to much elite so i kind of forgot Relic balancing but that s not the point
their issue is that they are squishy but once in melee …. they also have high kill potential on retreating targets.

hold it right there
you may be right but the eldar of the 41st milenia ARE NOT the eldar from the eldar empire
they are mostly like roms/circus/traveler/caravans.
they come and go with their fleet and only stoped by in eldar world to trade
THAT IT.
and the more the eldar empire was coming close to colaps the more the craftworld cut ties with their brother and lived in segregation.

but again that s not the point. i was avoiding any critic regarding balance because balance can shift.

gameplay an mecanics are what matter to judge a game.

for example dow III look and dont feel right, i dont care if it well balanced because any mod or patch could do that.

ex: look at the force commande running ! its EXACTLY the same running animation than Uther from warcraft 3
also is there synch kill?

to sum it all up:
i m not saying DOW II is a perfect game, i m not saying it is better or worst than DOW 1.
i m saying that i find Dow 1 more enjoyable to play because it is not near as much as punitive:
but,
while i see no reason to waist time watching dow1 replays i find DOW II replay extremely intertaining because of the rythme and the fact that each mistake counts to the point where there is (near?)no snow ball. and it really feel like you are watching a animated version of the tabletop.

Fuck eldar, fuck orks, fuck chaos, fuck 'nids, fuck necrons, and fuck every other xenos and heretic.
ALL OF HUMANITY'S FOES SHALL PERISH IN THE NAME OF THE EMPEROR

A lot of eldar craftsworld are simply guys who left at the end of the empire cause they hated the depravity.
I'm talking about Craftsworld Eldar not corsairs and not exodites.

I mostly played elite mod as well.
They do, they're supposed to chop up space marines like mince meat, instead they take 10 seconds to drop an SM squad, which means they die 5 times before they can kill an SM squad, even though they're supposed to chop 'em instantly (lore-wise).
Yeah, it was extremely cheap, global for all eldar, toggle-able and you had it up within 2 mins of the start.

Yes, I saw that. He moves stupidly, so do the terminators, and he DOES FUCKING SOMERSAULTS while weighing 300 kilograms.

I'm not saying that punishing gameplay is bad, as long as you can handle it with intelligent design, it's not a problem. I stated that DoW2 isn't bad per se, I'm well aware of the kind of tactical gameplay they went with, the considerations for each individual unit and having to care for formation and unit conservation along with level increases and simple upgrades all make for a very intense battle tactics and constant decision making to make the best of your resources.

I would've sung its praises had it not being that its punishment doesn't come from cool, intelligent design, rather coming instead from horrible balance, poor design decisions, crippling metagame mechanics and a lack of differentiation. I know that this isn't a "build a huge-ass army to curbstomp the oponent willi-nilly", but why is the game offering me a wide array of units if it cripples my choices with the very low pop-cap?

Why am I not allowed to make the best of terrain and positioning and instead forced to protect dumb magic buttons placed in horrible locations? Why am I supposed to enter an invisible agreement with my opponent to not capture each other's magic buttons to avoid a boring as fuck merry-go-round? Why is the game forcing me to stay on very specific, boring, high-mobility unit compositions instead of allowing me to chose thematic, multi-purpose armies? Why are there huge maps if I'm not going to deploy a huge army anyways? Why even bother with different factions if the metagame is only enjoyable in 3v3 battles where everyone does the exact same things with the only difference being the coat of paint and different models?

I can go on, but I hope you get my point. It would've been such a good way to get the vidya crowd interested in the tabletop style of gameplay, but the crippled modes and poor design just take away in droves from what it was meant to be.

Like a faggot, I forgot to say that there actually is a multiplayer mode that's rad as fuck: The Last Stand.

well my "naive" or direct answer would be : just like tabletop.
you have tons of unit available yet you will chose witch one to use .
exept that this is a video game so you will chose depending on the enemie "build"

i liked the last stand, sadly i they didn t push it enouth and with time: they even killed it and made it retarded with retribution.
(retarded OP dlc armor etc …)

But buildings stay in dc while in soulstorm you have to rebuild you're base when a map is attacked, its shit just for that.

Didn't tabletop allow for bigger armies with a huge amount of models? Or am I getting something mixed up?. And the pay2win gear is very ridiculous, but it's also fun to watch a mekboy teleporting around killing absolutely everything by mere teleporting with that gear.

You can actually buy a small forward base in the reinforcement screen on the battle map, but the requisition costs are so fucking absurd that you will grind a huge amount of turns to get the bearings you need just to barely have something to defend yourself, and god forbid your enemy attacks at strenght 10 or more, you'll be facing 2 fully functional, tier 2 bases that will rush the fuck out of your dumbass expensive-yet-almiost-useless outposts. Defensive missions in SS are fucking awful.

Yeah and I'm fairly autistic with building every possible turret thing and several bases so it goes to waste in ss.

Oh man, that's a feeling that I can relate to. I thought I was the only autist who spent a huge amount of time building all over the map to create battle stations for the fun of it in Dark Crusade.

wow, what a wide array of units, compared to dow 1 no less
sage

sage as a downvote

If you're Cubrick Chenkov of Valhalla, and commanders like him, you'll do that. That's the Guard stereotype. Fuck off if you think that applies everywhere. In-game, you're behind enemy lines and really don't have that many men.

Would you rather they have an unstoppable lightning-speed tank? Would you rather your enemies be unkillable out of the box?

Nigga, what?

Scram, you nonsensical jackass. This is the setting you'll play in.

I loved planting mine fields on that one coastal place. Turned a battle with the Eldar into something out of WWI.

This. If Eldar want to get in way, butcher millions with their machinations, if they won't bother talking things out, if they show no respect, then they are the enemy. No more, no less. I really, 'really wish you could partner up (briefly) with a sensible Eldar commander in some story. It would make them behave smartly for once.

I wish rts wasn't a dead genre.

how retarded must you be to say such thing ?
NONE of the HQ assault felt as good as DC campaign .
really SS campaign is just quantity over quality.

i will always remember how retarded the necron HQ in SS was compared to DC .

The Eldar arewere? I haven't kept up past 5th edition GW's whipping boys, even when they win a battle in the fluff it comes with catastrophic losses and probably a world dying too

Did you even play dow2?
In dow1 the eldar falcon is very fast and mobile, has 2 jumps but low damage and dies very easily.
In dow2 it's the slowest vehicle in the game with medium damage and medium resistance (high in t3 with force shield).
It's not supposed to be a razorback.

Model count: 6
dow.wikia.com/wiki/Retribution/Slugga_Boyz
Not 4, 6. Wow, amazing.

I wonder why it's a stereotype?
Right, lore 101 there!

Yeah, they wanna eliminate chaos and necrons and tyranids. Fucking eldar man, I swear.
Yeah, butcher millions or orks chaos tyranids and necrons.
Yeah, some humans as well, which would have otherwise died at the hands of said tyranids necrons or chaos anyway.
WIth whom? With humans in w40k? Read a book or play one of the dow games nigger.
Towards humans, who are chaos' main supplier, who refuse to advance technologically, who slaughter each other at the merest thought of dissent from the most fanatical lunacy, who consider EVERYONE an enemy, who worship a husk who's not even properly alive anymore, who are ruled by a bunch of shadowy, unknown fanatical plutocrats?

Eldar in DoW are solid but not the best. SM or CSM will shit on them with basic commander + infantry rush every time.

Yes, so dead that they're not making games for it anymore. Oh wait.

M8, until you said otherwise, I thought you wanted the Fire Prism to be a zippy death machine. Be specific. Complaint: valid

Yes, you were still wrong. Look before you cite a figure next time. Complaint: valid
Because popular image. Doesn't mean it goes for all or even most Guard.
Did I say that, faggot? No I didn't, I implied that you had to conserve your men and spend them frugally as part of the campaign. You're an Inquisitorial investigation group with escorts, not a full army. A few companies, if that.

Oh, so you're going to take that line, are you? Two can play at that game, xenos.

And fruitlessly attempting to regain their completely shattered empire. In the process, they wipe out colonized worlds without warning, solely because somewhere in the distant past, they "claimed" them. You're little better than the Necrons, knife-ears. At least they actually exist on the worlds they claimed, as opposed to your absentee landlordship.
Wouldn't happen if you bothered to warn sector command (or even the local Blood Ravens) about the threat in a clear and concise manner. Oh, and not undermining our defenses while you're at it. Makes it so we can actually fight what you're so afraid of. You wouldn't be down most of a strike force if you tried that.
Tallarn. The Last Chancers. The Path of the Eldar. Those are just three instances where the Eldar fight alongside and have diplomatic relations with the Imperium. It's incidents like those which are why the Eldar aren't actively hunted to extinction.
Oh, the Eldar have no right to be proud after what happened with Slaanesh. If knowledge of that became more widespread, more people would know to hate the Eldar. They're a quarter of why the galaxy is so miserable to live in. As for enemies, well, you should know that the galaxy hates everyone.

No, I wasn't, you're just autistic.
My point was that slugga boyz
despite being, supposedly
Sluggaz are not nobz or warbosses yet in dow2 they deal just as much damage.

I was obviously talking about the multiplayer, where you have 6 guardsmen taking on 3 space marines and actually proving to be a challenge. 2 squads of total 12 guardsmen can potentially kill 3 space marines depending on how players play.
THAT's bonkers.

or

She mainly affects the eldar, she wants their souls more than anything else, they just fucked themselves over and are paying the price.
Slaneesh doesn't really care for human souls as they aren't -as- intense as the eldar ones.

But alright, yeah, that's absurd.

Now back to the fun part.

No no no, idiot knife-ears. No Eldar with a brain would tell them that piece of information so bluntly. If they were sensible, they'd give precise details on where the 'Nids and Orkz were coming from so as to better combat them. Visual details would help. Whether they heed you or not, once the invasion comes, Then you may hint at traitors in the ranks. They might actually believe you then, or at the very least think about it.

What are you doing pestering grunts? Talk to some old Radical for that. Throne's sake…

Aha. Ahahahahhahahaha. Fuck you. Every single act of self-improvement, excess, or pleasure feeds that monster, and said monster rewards those which perform such acts with power. And so, thanks to the old Eldar Empire not keeping it in their pants, we have people dooming whole worlds and regions of space in the present. The Eldar. Do Not. Deserve. Pride.

whats your point ? you want to have as much sluggas as a imperial guard squad ?
then what ? increase imperial guard squad size ?
and you want to continue calling it a tactical game ? better call it total war .

your aren t fighting a waaaagh. squad are shorter because you have fewer troops.

if you expected orc to have a minimum squad size of 100 because w40k space maring SM are one man army: you bought the wrong game.

also eldar dont have tanks per se,
the fire prism is much more like a "self propeled artillery"

you dont need 30 slugga to destroy one thing.
you need 30 sluggas in dow 1 because it was an all out war, and a conquest with a waaaagh already present.
you could even end the game pretty easely in dow 1 by constructing tons of baraks and right clic sluggas who become free with an upgrade

again you miss completly the point of the game but that s ok. i too prefer a more classical and less punitive RTS approach where i can build whatever i want and make it work (nearly) everytime.

I hate that everytime Steam updates something there's no way to have a changelog.

Bumping.

Balance and multiplayer is for faggots, user.
UA is really damn fun with the UA improved AI andthe point of W40K is having a big ass army fighting each other. That's the whole point of UA unlike TW that focus on lore more.
Fuck vanilla, after playing the mods you can't just go back.

Also, UA improves more textures than TW do.

Sorry for the triple post, but I want to try a more recent version of TW, but now I remember all the drama from Moddb with the Tyranids, I remember some rusky site that had the latest game update, but I don't remember how to access or even how to download the file.
Can someone spoonfed me?

Yep, go back and suck that pathological liar's dick you have for a dev, UA babby

I just like good games and good mods, regardless of how they came to be. I don't even have to support them. If UA devs stole TW stuff, I couldn't care less.
Just give me a link to the more recent TW or keep bitching.

Keep crying, fag. I bet you believe skill on RTS is important, let alone DoW.

That's 2012. Both mods have taken different pahs since then. Once again, more pointless drama.

I also need help with that, but on the technical issues and installation.

You have UA mod? Maybe the NT core exe is not compatible with TW.

Can one play singleplayer with Ultimate Apocalypse?

Because humanity is the epitome of common sense and decency?
If it wasn't for the Emperor, humanity would still be nothing.

Where are your priorities, Commisar REtardus?

Eldar are at worst a nuisance, but more akin to a useful tool.
They do their own thing and generally avoid the Imperium, and when they do, their actions are usually beneficial to the Imperium in the long run (since their actions are geared towards fucking up chaos and nids)

only played dow2, what dow1 expansion do I start with (or just focus only on) now?

FUCK YOU

Just after the game initially updated, the online multiplayer wasn't available, I was trying to play with a friend at the time.

So it must've affected online somehow.

I thought Relic having separate pop caps for Infantry and Vehicles was one of the most brilliant things they did in DOW. And then they got rid of it in DOW2 and it was just a complete fucking mess of a game.

It worked in Company of Heroes since they properly balance the pop sizes for units. In DOW2 you could probably field 2 tanks at most + 3-4 infantry squads, and even then the tanks were completely fucking useless and acted worse than in Comapny of Heroes.

Skirmish, yes, but there's no campaign yet, and probably won't be for a long time. In fact, those screenshoots are single player. Ally AI is retarded.

Problem with Eldars is that is a dangerous tools. They are willing to sacrifice hundreds of humans for just one of them. The reason is understandable, but they are dicks in that sense. Not worth an alliance, and is ovious, is grim dark future.

Play the DoW vanilla campaign. Is pretty good. Some faggots like DC more than SS, they're basically the same. Only difference is campaign, races and flying units. There's really no difference with mods.
Play DoW Vanilla, then DC/SS, then either Titanium Wars or Ultimate Apocalypse. Actually, play TW before UA.

Is there any place to get the Fall of Cyrene campaign mod for DOW1?

And humans would make the same sacrifice of hundreds of Eldar for one Human life if given the opportunity. Its the way it should be. Protect your own over others. If humanity and the Eldar were not in the same territory competing for the same resources, a "good fences make good neighbors" attitude would work well since Craftworld Eldar are not outright evil bastards.

However, they are, and both think themselves king of the shitpile that is 40k. Which means there will never be peace between them.

Nids, not a close fight at all.

Ah, no. Was trying to install Titanium Wars. Password is not the problem (yet).

Those clusterfucks you mentioned? Chaos trickery caused them. The Eldar made Slaanesh all on their own. While mankind was out figuring the mysteries of the cosmos and expanding their empire, the Eldar turned decadence into a deranged art form.

Challenge and ethos.

Im very sure it will only have 3 races on launch, got to play as the bloody magpies at EGX.
game is alot closer to dow1 than 2, pretty fun tbh

I', not talking about the password, fag, You said the problem is with the .ese and some .dll stuff. If you have UA already, UA comes with an alternative .exe, that might be the problem. Otherwise just google the .dll names to see if you can find the problem.

How come chaos tricked Humans and not Eldar?

Yeah, that's the whole point of 40k, no alliances and stuff. There are occasionally alliances, and they are usually with the eldar, because they're the more rational, but they don't last long.