What features do you wish to see implemented in Mount and blade Banner Lord?

What features do you wish to see implemented in Mount and blade Banner Lord?

Campaign co-op.

High-fantasy magic system

Mod support above everything else.

Political systems reflecting culture, mostly with respect to the nomads. It was kind of silly that the Khergits had a feudal system identical to all the other kingdoms.

All I ever wanted. Then I could really play as Griffith and have my unsuspecting friend be Guts.

torture by way of butter

I want to become one man army. Player should get unlimited level and stat gain. Implement fantasy mode where you can become mercenary with big ass sword like berserk or some weird wizard who can ride meteors.

Oh the feels man, the feels ;_;

Killable nobles. constantly fluctuating aristocracy, actual dynamic economy.

you can already become a 1 man army, import/export character

But can you become bananamancer where you summon banana peels to trip your enemy?

Elona style NPC adventurers.

Congrats, your bro shall forever be the Butterlord.

ShAdIlAy NiGgEr EaT mY fUcKiNg DiCkHoLe

Raping peasants as a way to spread your infamy throughout the lands.

A fully fleshed-out dynamic economy system.

Have you even played the game? Two handers rape everything in melee, there's already three diferent damage types and trying to win the game without a warband is like trying to win Age of Empires via diplomacy only.

Everything else sounds pretty decent though.

Harem building mechanics, a good pike and shot mod and a relations system that doesn't depend on grinding

Fair enough. I just want to cover myself up in plate and rush at fuckers with a polehammer.

The player should be able to scheme and bribe his way to the top. Build up your mercantile empire, hire assassins, bribe lords, etc.

Maybe not as engaging as the combat, but I'd love it if the economy was complex enough to allow for this kind of playstyle.

Oh, yes, this, the game needs this.

I think it will be easy enough to make pike formations with the new troop system, hopefully it will let you determine what kind of troops you can put in the middle.

How would that work? Like in CK2 where you have a bunch of modifiers depending on what you've done and what you are?

I'd really like personality types like in Viking Conquest.

there have already been confirmed mods and i think one of them had nomad cities that could move
technically you could do that right now, just get a party of troops that tends to stay in one spot for a while, and give them the model of a town. no clue why nobody's bothered to do it yet

No console support.

How can they even "confirm" anything when the game isn't out yet and we know it uses a completely different infrastructure for mods?

At best they might have started with asset creation.

Because you'd basically create a stack of doom, and without any sort of resource locations on the map they'd be free to do whatever the fuck they want since they'd likely get the ability to forage as much as they desire.

Sounds comfy.

Scrub talk aside, first you need to reach melee. And that aside, a decent polearm will outrape a good twohander. plus don't mess with high proficiency one handed the buzzsaw

The real issue is that wearing plate should allow you to shrug off basically any weapon that is not specifically made to combat plate.

Those things cost as much as a modern day middle-class house for a reason.

Hell, now that I think about it, I want a mod that lets me go to an armorer (possibly with a skill stat that makes him more expensive) and tell him to make me a custom set of plate, then let me chose the style (if applicable), the color and decorations, the helmet, etc.

Have the body loaded onto his ship with every single barrel of his accrued wealth of butter and then burn the ship at sea.

Ability to secretly seduce your rivals wife, impregnate her and have her spawn your bastard, with chances of discovery at all stages based on stats.

I want more court intrigue in general.

The cuckerlord

You just want to fap to your netori fetish.

It's standard CK stuff.

How would a co-op campaign actually work? Especially when one player goes into battle while you're in map?

Other player gets to play as mooks in the opposing army.

That's a bit dull isn't it? Especially all you do as the second player is watch the map unfold.

Better, snappier combat would be nice. As it is, combat is very dull.

I think a deflection system would have to be set in place. Arrows bouncing off of armor and hitting your allies is a real threat.

I'm pretty sure they were showing off weapon customization before so I wouldn't be surprised if they or a modder expanded that to armour as well.

This would be so great but there is no way they can do that in CURRENT YEAR if they still want to be able to sell the game. I'd love to see SJWs complain about it and then have their fellow turn on them for "insulting arabic culture" though.

A release date.

Yeah, arrows, bullets, even weapons sliding off and hitting someone besides you would be pretty hilarious.

It's not like the devs have to include it, all they need to do is not hardcode any restrictions into the game stopping you from "acquiring" all the waifus you want.

IIRC there's some mods that allow for polygamy as well.

Plenty of other cultures allowed for polygamy. Vikings (and pagans in general), Chinese, Japanese, Turks, the aforementioned Arabs, kikes, Mongols, etc.

Pretty much any culture outside of Europe past the "dark ages" had polygamy.

Sounds cool on paper, but as someone who played war of the roses once, I can assure you its fucking bad. CRPG mod had it correct with the increase glance chance for higher armor values.

What was so bad about it?

I'd like to see that

Friendly reminder that concubinage =/= polygamy

For all intents and purposes it's the same shit for anyone that just wants to go around collecting a harem of waifus.

It really wouldn't come into play outside of succession rights anyway, and that's not something you're likely to experience in M&B anyway.

slave girls and belly dancers PLS TURKMAN

Slave markets and a harem too.

I wonder if Loverslab is gonna be all over this one. I read somewhere that the game can render a map six times the size of Skyrim, so I imagine an open world mod set in a single, massive map (or several) wouldn't be that unfeasible.

Add modding potential so it can become an open world game.
Mount and blade+severance:blade of darkness and some TES/Gothic features

It would be the perfect LotR game or Conan the barbarian game and it would be the only game like this. A true legendary game among the elder-god tier vidya gems.

There's a difference in obtaining them, maintaining them, their rights/roles, how their family interacts with you, how they interact among themselves…
What you're saying basically cheapens it for both Rance rapeyfags and waifufags.

We know the game can handle some pretty huge maps (215 square kilometers IIRC), we know it has a more robust dialogue feature and that you can populate maps with "complex" encounters. What remains to be seen is if the game has to distinguish between town and battle maps, or if you can use them for both.

I mean, it would be pretty great if you just won a battle and could just rush to a nearby village in the combat map and attack it without ever having to exit to the overworld.

Look, all I want is to go on a pillaging campaign and hoarding all the waifus, and the proceeding to murder the shit out of anyone that disagrees.

What you are proposing is pretty neat, but I'm not really sure if the game would be able to handle it. It would be pretty fucking great if the game could handle more complex NPC interactions, if you could assign NPCs to do jobs (so you don't have to do fucking everything, even as the king), give them positions, etc.

Basically, we better pray autists decide to turn the game into CK2 lite and the mod catches on and becomes standard within the community.

Funny thing is that you could make it work even in the regular mountain blade. The problem with relations in it doesn't come from there not being personality types or several types of reputation but rather from grindy repeatable actions having more weight in the long run.
Now imagine characters (including the PC) having traits (something already a thing in many mods) which influence their initial/base attitude but their quests and big shit like you giving them a duke/whatever title being more personal and more weighty then farm and release me fifty odd times for that near locked +100.

The harem thing should just copy what kichikuou Rance did :^)

I'd like more political intrigue. The ability to bribe, assassinate and denounce lords. Even potentially seduce and manipulate lords as a woman. Diplomacy mod does some of this stuff, but it defiantly needs to be expanded. I'd like to able to manipulate favour outside of running letters across the country.

Also, they better not fuck this game up for consoles. Please.

I actually put lots of thought into it

Yeah, mods have a lot of neat shit in them. The user that mentioned a cRPG mod is pretty spot on, since we already have mods that allow for magic, special powers (with cooldowns), dungeons, quests, etc.

Naturally, it's all very clunky and limited with how M&B is laid out in terms of modding, but seeing how Butterlord features a map creation tool, a machinima editor and you can code shit with C# in it, I'm pretty hopeful for the future of modding scene.

Butterlord already features a social currency alongside the usual shekels and a beefier diplomacy screen, where you can sue for peace, demand tribute, provinces, etc.

What I'm interested in is if the social currency is global, factional or tied to a specific NPC. It would be pretty silly to gain it from one faction only to be free to use it with another one.

But yeah, I'd love to be able to order my party members and soldiers around. Why the fuck can't I just tell someone to prepare a feast for me or send one of my soldiers with a message to a lord asking if he has a job for me or to order him to do something?

A release date

A deflected projectile would loose a lot of it's power.

Butter-eating minigame

Sure, but it would still carry the potential to hurt anyone else, but the whole purpose of the mechanic would be to simulate how (plate) armor actually works.

I mean, yes, it's far easier to give it a modifier that heavily penalizes anyone using a slashing weapon, but it would be pretty cool if the new engine allows for more advanced physics. We've already seen that horses bounce off when they collide with something, and that you still have momentum if your horse is cut from under you, so here's hoping that the engine can do more neat stuff.

And now that I think about it, I so wish for big monsters to fight against like in Dragon's Dogma, only that you now have a fucking army under your command to subjugate the fucker.

Also, flying. That would be pretty interesting, especially if they allow you to command dragons you captured.

The inclusion of board games is a stroke of genius. Depending on how moddable they are I'm really hoping for TCGs to soothe my autism.

eggcelent mod support
bring on the bannerlord mods

Napoleon Wars DLC

rape

Warwolf already has it.

but i want it be on vanila not a mod i mean how can those bandits prisoner all those womanz and not rape and shit

I thank you your presence, good friend.

I want Sarranid and Khergit scum to leave

True men aim for the harem.

Something I've wanted to see since Warband is the ability of other weapons to inflict wounds. You should be able to potentially achieve wounds with swords and other weaponry besides blunts.

Also dimemberment would be nice, though it already seems quite a bit bloodier than previous titles.

A neat feature in Viking Conquest is that you can get wounded, and if you don't get it treated right away it can leave a scar behind, with permanent stat reductions.

As for dismemberment, there's a mod for Warband that already does it.

glorious.

I'm not cleaning that shit tho

These sound awesome. I really hope the engine and modding tools allow for them.

The ability to actually kill a lord or at least hunt him down if the game says he escaped. I'd want to catch him and keep him prisoner to get ransom or just kill him to piss off what faction I want to rub the salt in.

Gore. I want my battlefields to look like something out of Berserk after a big battle went down.

Co-op campaign. I want a fucking adventuring party.

Flying monsters. Just for mod purposes, unless they decide to have a Viking Conquest-esque DLC that takes place in a fantasy universe.

Large Scale Naval Combat, which could tie in to the co-op campaign. One friend would be the fleetmaster and the other would command the land armies and work together.

Different types of cavalry. Camel riders, chariots, and elephants to be more precise.

More complex environments to war in.
I'm thinking along the lines of how some of the Total War games' towns work, with variable environments and settlements that can expand, sprawl, and so forth.
Better non-city maps would be nice, too, but I'm pretty sure they did that already.

already in the game

Yes please. Warsword conquest has something of the sort but it would be nice to have something designed by the devs themselves.

-Less grind. Make armies take longer to respawn so they don't immediately reappear after slaughtering an entire kingdom's army
-Make strategy and tactics actually matter. In Warband you can get an army of knights or huscarls and win every battle with no effort.
-Better sieges. I know this is a focus for them and I hope it works out.
-Better combat AI, they are too predictable and dumb
-Fix retreat-abusing
-Proper feasting, lords sitting down and eating shit instead of standing around an empty table
-Rework player stat system (currently no reason to focus STR or AGI unless you want an inferior party)
-Tournaments that don't suck ass. Harder and with actually working AI, and give items for rewards along with money like with Floris
-More quests
-Better diplomacy, better politics and lord/city/village interaction with intrigue a la CK2
-Make killing foes give a looting bonus so you actually have a reason to not use hammers
-Sailing
-More stuff to do inside cities and villages
-Hunting

-Mod support, the most important feature.

A strategy multiplayer mode, like the singleplayer. In addition there should be scenario modes as other strategy games have, like a crusade-like scenario that takes place exclusively in the deserts, or one that details the Calradian Empire's conquest

The issue can easily be fixed by forcing the AI to play with (nearly) the same rules as the player.

You just slaughtered their stack of doom? They now need to wait for the recruit pool to fill up, to accumulate cash and to train them up. It would certainly help with the pacing.

What this comes down to, at least in my opinion, is the ability of troops to maintain formations.

I've just rewatched that one video that shows an actual battle (not the siege), and cavalry charges actually do seem to be very effective. Horses crash into the infantry, trample them, jump over them and can even come out on the other side.

The rest is basically a matter of balancing stats so high level troops aren't tanks with massive hit points.

It would certainly help if they could not get constantly baited into chasing the player character and understood to stand their ground and let archers deal with cavalry instead of moving in a disorganized mob.

Not just them sitting and eating, but also music, dancing, jesters and whatever else happened during a medieval feast.

Either that or just give the player a CK2 style message with information on what was achieved with the feast.

I want a proper jousting minigame like in the "A Knight's Tale" movie

I see no reason to not have this when Viking Conquest already did, and so do a shitload of mods, on top of naval combat.

I just want to play around with a 17th century galley.

That ties into quests, but we've already seen you can get into fights with criminals and play board games. I'm hoping for better inn mechanics, like getting someone drunk to get information out of him, bar fights, gambling, trying to fuck wenches, etc.

Only if it is an actual noble hunting event where you can show your prowess and impress your peers.

Why the fuck would someone in command of a mercenary unit bother with hunting otherwise? Though, it could be useful for mods that focus on survival more.

tbh at some point in warband you can pull shit out of your ass faster than the AI

yeah this

Titles, I want my character to be recognized for what he is skilled at.

Have a reputation for taking heavily fortified castles and towns? You are now known as the Attacker or maybe the Siege-Lord.

Win a lot of arena battles? You are the Pit King.

Tournaments? The Champion.

Kill most of your enemies with a over head hammer strike? Skull Crusher