In case you can't read moonrunes to play the game as intended or just wanted an excuse to play Paper Mario TTYD again...

In case you can't read moonrunes to play the game as intended or just wanted an excuse to play Paper Mario TTYD again, some faggot released a patch that modifies several parts of the game, including deforestation delocalization, texture 'modernization', and several bonuses that Nintendo didn't even think to add in (such as giving Vivian new dialogue so she isn't a total retard when it comes to things she should know about, like the fucking Shadow Queen).

volafile.io/get/Ywu3Pnxdw67GcA/TTYD+v1-0.7z

Texture edits apparently only work in Dolphin, so you're shit out of luck if you want to run them on Nintendont or USBLoaderGX.

Also Dolphin thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/3092/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/352776525/
archive.is/EbrVq
forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ar-gecko-codes-for-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-ntsc-u
mega.nz/#!NxNiALQI!wyZsAYr7tfitlZt2mo8MZmOW12Yef5-si26YE5wiv78
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Paper Mario is for manchildren.

paper mario a shit

>>>/out/
Came from halfchan just today, didn't you?

Did you came outta the short bus?

neat, thanks OP

Haha

Just to double check, this isn't from that same faggot doing the Mario 64 texture/graphics patch, right?

Nigger, i'm pretty sure the developers intended to release an english version of the game from the very start, this is fucking mario, not some ultra-obscure indie niche game.

Not to my knowledge, no.

Changing the dialogue that was referring to vivian as a boy was the only good thing they ever did. Gays need to stay out of video games.

What does that even remotely have to do with the localization changes? Christ this thread attracted some retards

Sorry, user. I need to be spoonfed harder.

wait so this is just text? they made a mod for a game which is just being snarky about arbitrary changes?
I'll just go fap to boos instead if they aren't even gonna put the bunny suit back in

What

Are you twelve years old? Is this seriously the first time you've heard of an "undub"? This kind of thing has been around for decades

Hope your keyboard doesn't short out from the drool constantly spilling from your mouth you complete retard, this post is even less coherent than the last one

Way to shoot themselves in the fucking foot there, eh?

Emuparadise is your friend for PS2-era ISOs.

Goddamn it who's the fucking monkey who decided flags should be persistent, that thing's followed me for fucking ten threads now despite all attempts to get rid of it

>The game with no voice acting to speak of
Did you eve bother to learn what an undub is in the middle of your projections.

I would bully you, but given that the internet

This comes from the readme file:

Fuck.

I'd bully you, but I just set myself up for bullying. Nevertheless, I'm currently uploading the iso on volafile because I feel like playing nice tonight. It's taking a long-ass time to upload, however, so it might be a bit.

Are there any gameplay Additions?

Except i never did any "rants", do you even speak english? Is that why what i say is confusing to you?

Sadly, no, which fucking sucks because I really want a more difficult version of this game.

Under misc.:

I can go for the textures and text fixes, but man, what a faggot.

Do you really need me to direct you to posts you made less than an hour ago?

He thought wrong

Well that settles it, OP is a retarded shill and this thread is shit, good night.

I'd only ever end up bothering with Basic Fixes, Modernization is already giving me night-terrors and I shudder to think of what's in Misc.

Beldam could mean she isn't a sister because Vivian is so counter productive to the shadow sirens that she doesn't belong.

Off the top of my head the joke was vague in the original with no real direct statement on Vivian's gender anyways (calling her a man was intended as an insult but could be interpreted as her literally being male, etc).

For dialogue it's ambiguous, but the Tattle description and party member description are pretty explicit.
1:40
"That's Vivian.
A member of the Shadow Trio, and the youngest sister
…no, brother.
Max HP: 10
Attack power: 1, Defence power: 0
Seems there's nothing special here
Umm…
nevertheless, 'he' is really
cute, huh…
Possibly, maybe even
cuter than me…
…that is
No way…
Jeez, I wonder what
I was thinking"

Party member description:
カゲ三人組の一人だった オンナのコのようで ホントは オトコのコ
(Rough translation: "One of the shadow group, Vivian appears to be a girl but is really a boy.")

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't volafile have some issue where the files can get corrupted?

Here's a link to the romhacking.net page in case
romhacking.net/hacks/3092/

Because they never take a joke and roll with it throughout the entire duration of a paper mario game, right?

It would be fully in line with paper mario's humor for them to have overheard bedlam bahing vivian, and then legitimately thinking she was a guy for the rest of the game.

I have no idea, but what I do know is that it's taking too damn long to upload for me to deliver tonight otherwise, so it's going on Mega instead.

mega . nz/#!Ysl0CRyQ
!qDQWU0ivX8u7xmy10dGSuqI-fDDi5lzNWsIAmW-6qTQ

So Vivian being a male is a actually kanon per the tattle ability? Are there any other instances of this?
Are there any other good changes to the dialog to post?
Either way she's still fucking cute
and either way this boner will be going in the shadow/ghost/thing

No, originally vivian was a boy. In fact there is some dialogue that treehouse missed that still refers to vivian as a boy, and not a girl in the american version.

First I'm hearing of this. Which lines, and why am I not surprised that Treehouse got lazy?

It's right after you defeat cortez, and leave the the cave with all the toads. Although the dialogue itself doesn't make much sense since one of the toads calls vivian his brother, and vivian then acknowledges him asking "You what are you doing here!"

Where does this show up? I've only played the US Gamecube version and drawing a girl and calling it a boy is a shit way to do traps, not to mention that the only features Nintenshill gave Vivian were a red hat and pink swirly hair.

I do not remember this, but I don't doubt it since it has been very long since I last played and I only played the GC version.

…Are you absolutely sure about that? Or are you actually pretending to be retarded?

That's why! In the japanese lines for the game when mario first meats the shadow sirens vivian says "Shadow sisters." Beldam then corrects her saying She and Beldam are sisters but she is a boy.

100%, I have played it multiple times. I don't know if you have to have vivian in your party though.

… is that Sans in OP's first image?

In the Japanese version of Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Vivian is a transgender girl. Other characters, as well as narrative text, describe Vivian using masculine terms such as otoko "man", and otōto "little brother".[2][3][4][5] However, Vivian initially describes the shadow sirens as san shimai "three sisters",[2] and routinely uses the feminine first person pronoun atai. This continues in Super Paper Mario; Vivian's catch card describes her using the term otoko no ko "boy".[6]

In the English and German localisations of the game, all masculine descriptions of Vivian are removed, and she is portrayed as a cisgender girl. Consequently, the nature of some of Beldam's insults towards Vivian was altered, as they originally focused on her masculinity. However, all other localised versions of the game retain the transgender portrayal.
Straight from the wiki if it matters

Keelhaul Key
————

[Mario goes to where Frankie, Francesca, and the Toads are. As he keeps going,
Flavio, Pa-Patch, and a Toad from Keelhaul Key appear]

Flavio: Ah, Mario! Welcome back to you, my stalwart captain! So… Have you
found the treasure? How is our little expedition faring, hm?

[Mario responds]

Pa-Patch: What?!? The spirit o' Cortez was guardin' the treasure? An' you beat
'im, but you left all the treasure there?!? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! What
were you THINKIN'?!? Were you tryin' to be NICE?!? Awww, well…
That's what I like about you, I guess…

[The Toad notices his brother]

Keelhaul Key Toad: …Could it be? B-Brother?

Grotto Toad #1: You… What are you doing here?

Keelhaul Key Toad: I… I… I came looking for you, Brother… All the way to
this island, I came looking… But ghosts attacked us… And
our boat sank… But I've found you now!

Alright, if you're so sure about yourself, you fucking baka.

Yeah, Sans is Mario.

You realize there's a fucking toad right behind Vivan?

Oh nevermind then, He is talking to the guy behind her. I was certain to

AAAHhhhhhhhh FUCK.

best nintendo girl

Could you not

Remember when you said gays needed to stay out of video games?

And they should. I just thought those lines had been left by mistake, but it seems I was mistaken.

Doc, you sly motherfriend

Where's the penis? This swf is a huge ripoff.

madotsukipuking.jpg

It was really hard to find one that had a penis and wasn't drawn like shit so I couldn't be too picky.

No, yeah, that's definitely possible, but the nips also love using crossdressing jokes.

Apparently Goom Goom's rejection on the island is different:
「おお! これは かわいい・・・
ってキミ・・・ どっちなの?・・・
オトコ・・・ だよね・・・
ようするに オスじゃん!」
I'd really like to know if this translation is accurate.

Also, in Super Paper Mario, (s)he's again referred to as a dude, embed related at 12:40

What sort of retard are you?
The game came out YEARS ago.
In the WEST.
This is a fantranslation that intends to make it more literal instead of of being localized.
How fucking dumb are you user?
Are you underage?

A quick look at this thread reveals that the guy ADDED shit.
Shit that wasn't there before.
Shit that he tought was "funny".
To me, that's very much a "localization" work.

Aka dumb, retarded, OP is a shit and you can't read the fucking thread.
All of you go kill yourselves you dumb fucks.

user, you shouldn't throw stones in glass houses, since you clearly didn't read the thread either

There's options for just fixing shit and options for having the dev's shitty "additions".

what's wrong with boogie

boogie's old art > boogie's new art
that's it

Oh man I'm ready

His art's pretty samey, you see one shortstack from him you've seen 'em all.

Does delocalization even change anything appreciable or is it just for the autists who want an absolute 1:1 Jappo translation and no changes legitimately needed for things to be better understood in the west? I don't remember even reading anywhere that TTYD changed significantly much from the Jap version besides removing jokes/references to Vivian being a tranny and changing wine to cola.

I know there was a crime scene that was censored in the US. Also

Filthy gaijin

Oh, I forgot about that one, the chalk outline of a dead Toad in the bandit's hideout at the very beginning.

I'm fine with a translation as long as it doesn't change anything to the point of being unreasonable (ie totally changing a character's personality through dialogue revisions) and the localization doesn't strip shit out, though there again I probably wouldn't care anyway so long as it's not Fire Emblem Fates levels of bad and didn't have problems noticeable even if you didn't know about the original script. For this one it's that it seems the scope of actual changes is pretty small in the long run, but there again I don't know the complete list of changes.

Neato, I wanted to replay this.

I played this when I was like 6/7, and I remember it being long as hell, and I didn't even gen past chapter 2.
Is the game actually that long or was I just retarded as a kid?

Retarded, though there's a bit of backtracking that can get tedious in one or two chapters.

There's the rub, really. Heavy localisation wasn't really considered a problem until they started being really shitty about it with overzealous censorship and replacing characterisation and fluff with bad jokes and memes. It went from trying to maintain the tone with Western stylings to trying to change the tone entirely to what the translators think is better.

I can imagine that having a crossdressing/transgendered character might have gotten Nintendo in way more shit than they wanted if released in English in the Gamecube era, even now it'd probably get tons of flak from both sides of the aisle. Japan is kind of weird about crossdressers/trans in general, but I think the deal is that they don't take them seriously, which is probably a mixed bag for the people in question.

You are very dumb user.

But user, she was never a boy and it was just an insult.

user.

You baka.

FUCK
mega.nz/#!5s1FBYCB!VcyL_U0KnftBDPU7VZllg-i7dnkg02KS5KP6C-e9PVM

Bully me.

Heyo. The responsible modder here. Surprised to see folks talking about the mod already.

To address some concerns…
The "Modern" textures don't make any drastic changes - mostly small shit like giving Dry Bones yellow eyes, giving Hammer Bros. green helmets, etc.

I was a bit iffy on the new Toad Kid dialogue to begin with, tbh. Someone pitched the idea to me, and I just sorta ran with it. I'll probably take it out of the next version of the mod.

I didn't know about this dialogue, actually:

I'll definitely include that in the next version.

I'm glad I'm getting criticism, actually. I posted this to a Paper Mario romhack forum and got nothing but "good job" and "looks fun", which doesn't exactly help me make the mod better, haha. If anyone has suggestions for what to add, I'm all ears.

i suggest you put my dick in ur ass faget

keep up the good work though

Seriously though can't wait to try the mod user

If anyone knows how to mod the textures in the ISO itself, I'd be more than happy to make a version that can be played entirely on real hardware.

The current version still *mostly* works on real hardware, you'll just be missing out on the new enemy / item designs, if you opt to use the Modernization stuff.

"Modern" textures were my biggest fear, so I'm glad it's just minor color changes on a few things and the like and you're not pulling stupidity like that New Paper Mario guy turning Twink into a Luma just 'cuz.

Oh, okay, well that's not so bad. Thanks for clarifying, I'll have to check it out, and I hope someone can show you how to mod textures in to the dol/iso.

NEW Paper Mario a shit, yes.

He's triggered that Vivian is a trap.

kek

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/352776525/

yeah

what's wrong?

Furry x Furry is already pretty bad… but the last one is a real shame, since he doesn't screw up rouge very often, so it's a waste seeing it just end up being the most irritating pairing you can think of.

This was done?

Wow, nice to see these kinda posts.

Oh dear god that ghost female has some amazing hips and legs.

Anything besides white human male X whatever female with understandable genitalia is a totally fucking abhorrent. The best relationships being plain ol' vanilla and consensual is the best thing ever.

i'll actually check this out. It's relevant to my interests I like TTYD a lot and the N64 has charm but lacks length in my mind. This should be different.

>>>Holla Forums

Here are some more screenshots of the mod, if anyone's interested in seeing some of the other changes.

(Hawk Hogan is part of the "Misc." mod, for the record. If you wanna keep him as Rawk Hawk, just skip that particular one.)

I actually liked him better as Atomic Boo, personally.

SMASH EM, HAWKSTER

I'm curious, then: what were the original dialogue lines that didn't involve Rawk puns?

SMASH'EM, HULKSTER!

I like the Atomic Boo name too, but it's *teeeechnically* a mistranslation. Big Boo's Japanese name is "Atomic Teresa", but they forgot to fully translate it in TTYD for whatever reason.

Naw, his Japanese name wasn't Hawk Hogan. That actually comes from the Spanish localization. I thought it was funny enough that I made it an optional extra.

SMASH'EM HULKSTER

now this is autism

Yep, that sure is a kraut alright.

The mod changes the name to Big Boo by default, but if there's enough interest, I could tuck that away in the Misc. modpack (along with stuff like Hawk Hogan and the new Vivian dialogue) Thoughts?

I'd be fine with that.

On a side note, is there any way to modify enemy stats with whatever program you're doing? Because I wanted to try something a little more difficult, so I found a series of Gecko codes that supposedly modify enemy HP values but they don't work with Dolphin 5.0 for whatever reason.

So always.
No, the problem is that we've moved past that now and stopped shitting all over games with a bad localization quite so badly, and it was improving for a long time.

No, the problem is that we've started to regress back toward those original zealous localizations of Nintendo, Working Designs, and Ted Woolsey, and thanks to the internet we can SEE it.

Hey, is the crime scene added back in the mod? What about the TEC eye? What exactly are the things restored?

Someone made a tool that can do that with Paper Mario 64, but I'm not sure how that would be accomplished in TTYD :\

The stuff I can change is limited to textures, dialogue, and music (though I haven't utilized the latter as of yet… I've tossed around the idea of making a mod replacing all the music with SMRPG tracks)

I really wanted to restore the crime scene and TEC 9000, but doing so would require more than just replacing textures.
TEC's eye color is mapped to the model itself, so I'd need to actually edit his model to restore it.
The crime scene texture was removed from the NTSC version entirely, and Dolphin's texture editor can only replace textures, not put wholly new ones in. As a consolation, I added a new line of dialogue with the Bandit that alludes to him hiding a body.

Give Ishiiruka a try, performance-boosted version of normal Dolphin. Last I checked it was on feature-parity with 5.0

Did they removed that awful joke making fun of ZQ struggle?

archive.is/EbrVq

But can it play Rogue Squadron 2

I tried - the codes would not work, even in Ishiiruka. Enemy HP is the same. For reference, these are the codes I'm trying to use:

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ar-gecko-codes-for-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-ntsc-u

I'd archive but you can't open spoiler tags from archive.

If you're trying to make the game harder, you can always use the Double Pain badge.

That's an entirely different game, chromosome hoarder.

Maybe, I dunno, haven't tried it. Give it a go yourself and fiddle with graphics renderers and other settings.

Oh, I kind of glossed over that you were explicitly trying Gecko codes. Tried the AR codes?

Goddamn it this time I glossed over that the AR codes in that post don't actually have any equivalent to the difficulty-mod ones.

Well I just tried the AR codes built-in, and they didn't work either.

it has mario in it doesnt? check mate

Make sure you've got cheats enabled in Dolphin.

Nevermind I'm a retard, forgot to select "Enable Cheats" in the general Dolphin Menu, proceed with the bullying.

i've made the same mistake before with Melee

>>>/reddit/

ur waifu a shit

What leftist bullshit, nigger?

zoe confirmed for being stuck in the mid-2000s as an emo teen

Well shit. Who do I get in touch with to reupload?

mega.nz/#!NxNiALQI!wyZsAYr7tfitlZt2mo8MZmOW12Yef5-si26YE5wiv78

Probably trying to pretend Vivian being a tranny is some big leftist conspiracy instead of a joke that pops up a few times in some of the international versions and the original Jappo.

"SMASH 'EM, HULKSTER!"

It's been a long time since I played this. good thing i did the tutorial for Super Guard.

I didn't realize Mario had Royal Guard Style.

In Chapter 2, in the shop in the Great Boggly Tree, check behind the two barrels once you have the army.

A small joke, at that. Can't say I'm surprised.

>I ONLY PLAY MATURE GAYMES FOR MATURE PLAYERS LIKE MYSELF

>>>/leftycuck/

So I tried faffing around with GCRebuilder to import the Japanese version's models into the US ISO. I got it to start up, but it crashes whenever I pause or enter a new room. :T

Anyone familiar enough with Gamecube games to know how this might be accomplished? I've also tried importing the US text into the Japanese ISO, but that comes with its own host of issues.

Here

Just finished another run, and I was amused by the destructive power of stacking two fire drive badges. I was using hammerman, which made me notice something else. Stacking two fire drive badges doubles the FP cost from 5 to 10, but also doubles the initial damage from 5 to 10. Stacking two hammer throw badges, however, doubles the FP cost from 2 to 4 but only increases damage by 1. This makes sense, since going from say 6 damage to 12 using 1 BP to equip another hammer throw badge would be over the top, regardless of FP cost. It seems odd that Fire Drive gets that major boost anyway, but I guess it's balanced by the high cost.