Subnautica: Dangerous Cretures Edition

Been a while since the last Sub thread, and we missed some stuff. Mainly the mecha suit being added. But now it got big. Mainly in the form of the Sea Dragon Leviathan and the Warper.

Discuss here.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020388707/
trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone seen the teleporting thingy yet?

What makes this any different from all the other shit survival games? Seems cool but it also seems like it would lose its taste in 3 hours.

I played the prawn update, absolutely fucking hated how fragments were tied to wrecks. It's smart on paper, but shit takes unnecessarily long even when you know the coordinates and it just breaks the comfy flow the game had going on. But the new aurora and the prawn suit were pretty damn neat. I probably won't play the new update since no upgrade option is offered and I'm not going through the wrecks slog all over again so soon.

atleast in my view, the game is more focused on exploration and getting comfy.

If you want to play like a survivalfag, you can. but it's a pretty damn good comfy game.

I think you meant user.

Woops, yep.

And I saw one when I was taking the PRAWN out for a stroll. Pretty terrifying.

Does he look spooky?

And to think that red faggot you see near the crash site already pisses me off.

Don't you remember the Reaper?
Also, you think the Dragon is big? The Emperor's model had to be scaled down because it was too big for the game to handle.

And guess what? They fixed it, and it's seven times the size of the Reaper

Yup

>yfw the Sea Dragon can fucking breathe fire

Survival isn't really hard at all. I wouldn't recommend playing on ironman mode because sometimes you get screwed over by bugs.

Once you build the cyclops, just build a grow bed in the main chamber and plant food in it. The food grows so quickly that as long as you manage your seeds you'll never run out of food.

Same with healthpacks. Just build like 3 medkit dispenser at your base and shove them into a huge locker so you have a stockpile, and keep a medkit dispenser in your cyclops. Also keep plenty of spare power cores because you can always recharge batteries on the cyclops.

ALSO: power cores charge more quickly if you put them near-dead in a seamoth or PRAWN and go into your moon pool. They recharge almost instantly and it's WAY faster than waiting for the wall charger to fill them up. Unless you want that for added challenge.

Keep an aquarium full of peepers or reginalds (reginalds are more nutritious) at your main base, and SALT THEM. Build a room with 4 water filtration machines (they suck up a lot of power, make sure you have sufficient power generation).

Two best sources of power:
Bioreactor (just throw some fish from your aquarium in there, downside is it takes up a whole room)
Thermal plant (downside is it can be far from your base, but that isn't a problem as long as you use antennae).

Also remember that base integrity is consistent. You could build a base in the safe shallows and just put hull reinforcement all over it, and then build another base in the lava zone with everything you'd need to survive.

Thanks. Now are game changeling.

I played this shit a few months back (around v3998), it seemed alright but really felt like it was still missing a ton of shit (and performance was shit).

Not sure it's changed enough to warrant downloading the current version yet.

The warper can teleport you out of vehicles.

lol

You wish your sex life was early access.

Performance is garbage still, but they're working on it. Their priority right now is getting the game ready for v1.0 (content-wise) then they're going full-steam on optimization.

I felt the same way about content but there's way more to it now. Survival (in my opinion) is really easy, but it can also be challenging. One time I almost died of dehydration because I didn't pack enough water in my PRAWN when I went exploring in the ultradeep caves.

UWE is the only developer I know to have successfully put a game through early access and completed it. They're one of the few handful of devs that can be trusted to finish the game.

Can someone gift me this game? Thanks.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198020388707/

send

fuck your self

I am not going to pick on some user because you want me to user

What's the source of that. It better be a big tit lizard gal and nothing gay as well

No Multiplayer No Buy

Is that Kraid?

surely you jestin

LOL

Tell me when it finally releases with base assaults and I'll play

I mean seriously whats the point of putting in a pressure/damage flooding mechanic on bases with airlocks/breachdoors when unless you're a mouthbreathing retard it would never happen

some of the planned creatures will attack bases, like the rock smasher, Sea Emperor (if you piss it off), and a few others.

Who knows, maybe they can tweak the crab squid enough to let it shut down the cyclops for a duration and let it sink.

Pro-Tip

The EDS shocker thing that you can put on your seamoth will drive away a Reaper if it gets it's mouth around you.

Dunno about the Dragon though, since I'm not willing to test that out.

PS: crashfish will destroy a seamoth instantly.

Fuck. Well, if you can't take a hit, run like a bitch since Seamoths are faster.

I refuse to buy an early access game out of principle - if the product is half finished it's not a product yet. You don't buy half a car, so I'll just wait until it's fully released.

With that said, in previous pirated versions you couldn't enable cheats in survival because the menu option was connected to some online shenanigan and it was blocked… Is it available in newer versions? I want to try the game in survival but I don't like the idea of me having to run back and forth between my base and the place where I mine shit for hours just to have a functional base. It's not challenging - it's boring - but on the other hand I want the thrill so the creative (or w/e it's called) is a no-go

I can live with buying early access as long as I keep in mind that I am buying only what has been completed so far, and not one bit more.
Besiege for example may suffer from incredibly slow development, but I got what I paid for and expected, and I've had my $5's worth of fun with it.

That's not to say devs should have no obligation to finish games; I'm talking about my internal cost evaluation.

Why are they taking so long to update?
The PRAWN update was basically nothing. How about some fucking game mechanics and gameplay depth for a change?

Why buy?

Hey, can anyone get us a magnet link for the latest version?

You can also try the share threads or volafile, retard.

Your arguments are valid. I'd consider buying a mostly feature-complete (in terms of gameplay and not content) early access game.

Read again: I'm asking if the cheats/debug work in the newer versions so that I could play it the way I want to without paying for it

Do they have a map of features they plan to add?

trello.com/b/yxoJrFgP/subnautica

They are pretty transparent.

is that game finished yet?

Thanks, homo.

sent ;)

DEEP SPACE > DEEP SEA

Only when you're scared of nothing.
Because deep space is stock full of nothing.