Reboot Starcraft

You are now tasked to reboot the Starcraft series in a more mature and quality-oriented manner.

Other urls found in this thread:

unseen64.net/tag/world-of-warcraft/
archive.is/Quq6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill Kerrigan

we shall make it more narrative centric, and progressive.

Show how evil the Cis-White Terrans are towards the genderqueer panromantic Protoss.

Also need a female protagonist whos gonna smash the pat….i mean the convetionalisms brought ford by the evil terrans, yeah…

what did he mean by this, Holla Forums?

All characters, even.

Shift time by thousand(s) years

make it strategic, with a classic FULL campaign (not split upon 3 games over a decade), and give it fucking closure with a valid status for the universe at the end.

Also reddit memes.

I would make it like they were initially making warcraft 3. I have about a hundred PC game magazines in my basement and one of them had the VERY first screens of War3 back when it was still a "real time strategy rpg" or whatever they were calling it at the time. Basically the camera was a bit more over the shoulder. It was less about base management but I think there was still perhaps some building involved. But it was much more RPGish.

The story of Brood War is over, we should have seen the aftereffects of it. The games could have also had a larger shakeup to the formula.
I'm torn over how most of the UI/qol improvements butchering micro play but just made it more manageable and added some new stuff, too. I'd say if I were to change one thing about Starcraft, it'd be to add more intricacies to units that could lead to more control and reward attentive players.

Focus on making a fun RTS instead of appealing to the esports crowd, and put the worldbuilding into the games instead of books and shit.

Also this.

and it doesn`t progress beyond that so 10 years for nor there will be Stacraft 3®

Just pretend SC2 didn't happen and keep going with the brood war tone and atmosphere.

Keep Metzen far, far away

Go back to SC1 alpha and fix 1 drastic problem which Blizzard forgot about in SC2.

NO ORKS IN SPACE. SC2 felt 99% like Warcraft 3, especially the editor and gooey, toyetic graphics/art style.

If it was me… I'd make the units discernible without the need for children's color tags. It's make the models more varied and unique between players. Yes that means 8 different models.

I'd look deep down at those CGI movies, those units - unit portraits, the sound effects of each building and the yellow buttons.
I think each unit should represent its portrait more accurately.
I think you should be able to interact with the surroundings more often and your units and goals should be as interesting as the ones from Red Alert 2, but without 1hp units.

Starcraft should be less of a melee game and more of a strategic capture point RTS where you defend beacons for minerals and try to run away with a large cargo truck full of resources.

unseen64.net/tag/world-of-warcraft/

I would make everything look all retro. The terrain would actually feel like you're on an alien planet deep in outer space.
Space and planet missions would be drastically different in gameplay.
The units and the way the world of starcraft works would be more realistic and less melee-ish. Dropships will have much more health, will carry a lot more, but it will take a huge load of time to land and lift and unload units, terminating any melee style gameplay. Same for super-fast flying army units which could get past any turret defenses. All gone.

The zerg won't be so hard to manage for a human player and won't be so obviously based on quantity > quality. It'll instead be a very dangerous species full of trap cards and other assorted goodies. Like for example the mind control, feedback, storm, reaver and more deadly artillery and spells would be sent over to the zerg. Zerg can into psionics, they're not insects, dinosaurs, reptiles, They're goddamn aliens, bloodsucking night crawlers.

Also I'm pretty sure that's a goddamn infested carrier. Another thing which the Zerg never had in SC1 and SC2. Proper infestation.

Seriously the engineers in Red Alert 2 did a much better job at capturing and converting intel to the ally's side. I always won the game matches with both Soviet+Allies technology and I was always obsessed with capturing everything.

Make macro much harder. For starters, workers don't automatically start mining. Have the player individually click production buildings to produce units. Do not allow the player to control more than 12 units at a time. Do not allow rally points to be placed on units. Macro as it is in SC2 is much too strong compared to micro and should be greatly nerfed.

I start by shooting myself.

/thread, it's over we can all go home.

make it a dmc clone

I really can't picture it. Help me out here, guys.

Make SC1 campaign more varied like WC3, instead of repeating the same "destroy the enemy base" missions.

I'm not at all disappointed with the final product, SC is gorgeous pre-rendered goodness

Pretty much change Xel'naga plot.

1. They breed by combining Zerg and Protoss as they are both essence and form.

2. Amon hated this and wanted to kill xel'naga because it only created war between Zerg and Protoss.
2a.He wanted for life to flourish without their help.

3.As he is only Xel'naga who wanted conflict he was easily overpower rest of pacifist Xel'naga.

4.He corrupted Zerg through overmind so Xel'naga was unable to reproduce using them.

5.He managed to create Hybrids through Terrans and this is why action takes place right now.
5a.Entire reason for Hybrids is to give Amon body and wipe all remaining Toss, so there would be 0 chance for more Xel'naga.

6.Kerrigan manages to redo this corruption through HotS
6a.Raynor still hates Kerrigan but don't shoot her because believes she is needed against Amon.

7.LotV happen.
7a.Mobius is not mind controlled because there is no way you can control humans through overmind or khala.
7b.Amon have large Terran forces as he doesn't want to kill Terrans as they are live not created by Xel'naga.
7c.He takes in control some part of Zerg forces.
7d.He didn't corrupt Khala long ago because he can mind control Toss for limited time.

8.Epilogue last mission is you controlling every large ship in Protoss, Zerg and Terran fleet.
8a. There is no one remaining Xel'naga. Tassadar was actually Tassadar stuck in the void.

9.Story ends by Kerrigan as last Xel'naga compatible zerg sacrifices herself to recreate Xel'naga with some random protoss using just the temple they found.
9a.Raynor becomes drunkard now he finally managed to kill off Kerrigan.

Also:
More Rednecks.
Artifact was supposed to kill Kerrigan and rest of Zerg, Raynor nearly shoot her while he saw she is alive.

Scrap all what I have written do this instead.

Reboot, why? I those kikes will never do anything that is not supercasual shit, if given a chance it's best to destroy it altogather so that jewzzard wont keep reanimating it forever.

It becomes a free to play mobile game with simplified controls and microtransactions

But it already is 90% f2p.
It have simplified controls compared to BW.
And they didn't done microtransactions on usermaps but are doing adding them for skins, voice packs soon and have them for co-op commanders, missonpacks right now.

Only thing you would change it releasing it on mobile.

I remember being pissed off at brood war for how much that cost for what you got. wow like 4 fucking units and a few extra custom map functions, totally worth that 30 fucking dollars.

the nostalgia is so fucking strong, I miss when games were just games- so much has changed since 2007

I'd start by dropping the esports meme entirely and not give a fuck if tourneyfags didn't like it. After that, start by rewritting the shitty story it shipped with along with the way the campaigns play.

I'd make the terran campaign feature James Raynor's quest for revenge: instead of crawling in my skin levels of protagonist depression, I'd make him play out the way he built his mercenary-like organization. Missions on his campaign would have him start small, just him and a bunch of marines together fighting around and building a name for themselves, growing slightly in size and influence as you go along playing with side missions that would have Raynor respond to distress signals to help out neglected or abused dominion controlled systems, or zerg infested areas. Outside the missions, have some sort of metagame of growing reputation/influence along with some economy for permanent upgrades like in WoL in the koprulu sector, having Mengsk grow increasingly paranoid over Raynor's advances, launching ever-increasing offensives to stop him, coming to a head with a climactic battle at korhal to get back at the guy, all building up to a final offensive to have his ultimate revenge against Kerrigan. Also, leave Tychus and Tosh in because they're cool.

The Zerg campaign would become one of infestation and evolving the brood, being some sort of cerebrate left behind after kerrigan's death, growing and becoming stronger as you infest more planets, eventually growing into an overmind with the ability of delegating defensive fronts/missions to cerebrates of your creation and ending in a mission similar to Omega from SC:BW, only you go all out and have your brood tear shit in several orders of magnitud depending on how many broods/cerebrates you were able to raise up until that final battle against terrans or a protoss/terran alliance.

The protoss would feature a campaign of growing despair, as you would fight the after effects of the brood that you yourself had grown with the added effect on increasing the difficulty of the missions depending on how well you did on the Zerg campaign, featuring missions of purging shit with massive energy weapons to get rid of the infestation, but choosing carefully how to do so since Zerg would adapt to overuse of the same weapons, building a constant choice of when and where to attack along with dynamic tech-switching in battles to beter fight the constantly-adapting Zerg. I'd top it all off with a massive, all-or-nothing final battle to destroy your own Overmind, ending in uncertain terms as you finish everything off but the koprulu sector is now thoroughly fucking devastated. Or just have the Xel Naga come out of nowhere to provide a happy ending like in the protoss campaign for BW.

But this is in the realm of my wildest dreams only, rip SC and fuck you blizzard.

I'll go full on Ninja Theory. That way the public will appreciate the game even more than just simply hearing about it in a video, but never actually playing the game.

now you are catching on!

"Kerrigan was a mistake."
-Zerg Overmind

this
I want an RTS, not a Rom-Com/ Soap Opera

Let Tychus lives, kill Kerrigan(make it fucking Grimdark) Zerg is now being led by another Infested Terran(Kerrigan experimented on making another one of her own kind in the books) build up fucking Xel'naga without fucking Amon, more faction wars, bring back the UED, and Protoss civil war too.

Also, hint Star Craft 3 and always NEVER EVER it.

And enough with the Warcraft recycling and CORRUPTION
Titans - Xel'naga (both died to their respective traitors and big bads, Sargeras and Amon)

Looks like trash. Glad they went with the final style.

Adding to that, make the Tal'Darim in WoL something fucking else instead of retconning them to be saturday morning cartoon villians. Actually I take it back, make the saturday morning cartoon villians something else. Keep both designs but make more fucking factions.

On the topic of the Tal'Darim, Alarak is so cringefully and flashing sign evil it goes into a comedy. Quality Bizzard writing. Alarak and Tychus are the only SCII characters I liked. Tychus did literally nothing wrong.

Oh yeah STOP FUCKING OVERDESIGNING SHIT HOLY FUCK. I mean it's neat to see the overmind in flashbacks but USE A FUCKING HUMAN EYE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Also this this this this this

insert memes and make Raynor black

I liked and bought the 3 SC2 games just for the campaign

And I loved and spent years of my youth playing SC online too

I can't stand anything warcraft related

1) Pick whatever would make Starcraftfags the most salty.
1.5) It's probably World of Starcraft so probably that.
2) Make it.
3) Bathe in gook and gookaboo tears.
4) GTFO before the company goes under Oh yeah Overmeme
4) Move the Starcraft team over to the Overwatch team for maximum shekels after the Starcraft project goes tits up.

All I want for Christmas is for all of those fags from half/sc2g/ to know pain. They deserve every iota of it.

more cute girls and jiggle physics

Pretty bad
SHITNIGGERWHATAREYOUDOING.png

You do realize that the whole shitfest with the Holla Forums and /vg/ split started because of that thread, right? And every subsequent shitfest on /vg/ was because of them as well, right? And that not even touching the thread meant coming in contact with them simply because they shitposted everywhere, right?
Whoever said anything about going back? I'm still holding a grudge from long, long before 8ch was a twinkle in Hotwheels's rhetorical ballsack.

Forgive my newfagness, but holy shit that's what actually happened? I recall sc2g being cancer and all that, but I was a mere fa/tg/uy back then. Never knew their shitposting caused that split. Was /vg/ created in 2010 then?

There were a lot of generals on Holla Forums around that time, but /sc2g/ was the worst. They at least talked about the game at that point, but a lot of their thread was gookposting and e-celeb fellating. They shitposted everywhere, and that shitposting was the tipping point to /vg/ being made. Before that, generals were "a nuisance" (I mean, not really, since people in them talked about video games, and non-general threads were 100% shitposting, but they were getting more and more prevalent), but none of them ruined the board directly like /sc2g/ did.
After the split, they made it their perogative to instigate turf war shitposting spats between threads. Anytime a new thread popped up that threated to take /sc2g/ off of Page 1, it would be sagebombed and shitposted to death until /sc2g/ reassurted dominance and stopped spazzing out about losing a spot on Page 1. Any thread that somehow became remotely related to Starcraft would be immediately flooded with /sc2g/ scum that would talk more about how their game was better/your game is shit, and how much they loved gooks than the actual game itself. (E.g.: /srg/ whenever Starcraft 2 was being run in a GDQ marathon.) Around the time the Exodus happened, there was ZERO discussion about Starcraft in /sc2g/. It may as well have been the /cor/ that Koreaboos wanted so desperately. It was that bad.
Starcraftfags are the scum of the Earth and Blizzard nuking their precious gookclicks to hell would be a fraction of the justice they've earned over the years.
I didn't think it was that long ago, but fuck, I remember and was around for pre-split Holla Forums. And I'm not even that old, either.

Fuck, that's pretty cringey. I genuinely liked sc2 at launch, and that was around the time I started frequenting Holla Forums. I remember checking out /sc2g/ and being disgusted by the sheer shitposting. Why did things have to be this way? I want it all to go back to when board drama was fun shit like "Holla Forums secretly likes /a/ even though /a/ bullies Holla Forums". ;_:

Atrox

what said

Turn it back into a 40K property, turning over all creative control to Gaem Werkshoop, as a result.

Watch the results.

Delete SC2, pretty up the first game and give it another expansion.

Throw it to the garbage
Kill Blizzard
Buy Games Workshop
Kick Sega and Relic in the ass
Make DoW3

Make a third-person shooter with one of these guys.

Make him hunt sexy female Ghosts, Spectres and downed Banshees.

Make an ultralisk-based endless runner for fotm mobile platform.

Fund it fund it fund it fund it.

There should be HR style 3rd person takedowns. It would be pretty cool to see this guy pin a female ghost down and stab her chest full of holes haha

What exactly is a "Hunter Killer"? Why is the only zerg hero unit with a different portrait?

No problem with that now, though the damage has already been done, much like how the Scourge already raped Lordaeron.

archive.is/Quq6g

It's dead, Jim.

This would have made sense, but of course Blizzard was too far up their ass to even consider it. Never ever.

Couldn't somebody already do this in starcraft 2? or it would be just a shitty mod with a half-assed execution?