ITT: Franchises that deserved better

You fucking what

Ape Escape did so many things to be great and yet, it's forgotten.

Sony in general had so many great mascots, but they're completely dead now in favor of Sackboy, Kratos, and generic TPS protagonist voiced by Troy/Nolan

Remember Jet Moto?

COOOOOOOOL BOARDERS

nigger I will fight you

Sheeeit, no wonder the game was bargain binned a month after release, what a fuck up

Monster Rancher
its reduced to a mobage
Pressing F

Are there new good minigames in your idea for an AE4?

Yes but they're all massively nsfw

i wish AE for more NSFW art, whether it's Yumi or a different character

Fuck me and kill me in that specific order.

Considering the biggest consistent AE fanartist is Om, that's all we can expect. We need more Auntie Ara Ara Aki art!

There should be other artist drawing stuff for this series, even if it means shota since AE is rare in that category or MILF with Aki.

There is. It's just that the output is a trickle. You do find the occasional gem like the NSFW Natalie pic 6 months back. Sayaka/Yumi just seems the go-to fave.

Ape Escape 2 is PS4 only, right? And the PAL voiced one, no less. I'm guessing it's a rights issue for the 4kids' team of Cali VAs.

They just killed the Moba game by the way.

Wait, there was a Ape Escape Nickelodeon cartoon?

DINO CRISIS

;_;

I've never played any of the Ape Escape games except a demo for the first one which I did enjoy but for some reason never prompted me to play the full game.
Mostly because I never actually owned a dualshock controller for the PSX.

Deus Ex, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Thief, Grand Theft Auto, Splinter Cell, Hitman, Prey, F.E.A.R., Medievil, Tomba, G-Police, Future Cop L.A.P.D., S.W.A.T., Homeworld,

Seconding on NOLF. It did female characters before it was cool.

At least its coming back on PS4 as a minigame in Yakuza 6

Skies of Arcadia is fine, though

gamecube version is better, and it's good they didnt try for another game as it wouldn't live up to it, and they outright state that themselves.

Enjoy that pachinko like they did to Goemon.

Just give me a new game, not another remake.

Fuck Bethesda

Considering how bad sumo digital fucked up little big planet 3, and how all the games are dying, they're probably gonna kill him off soon. I almost said kratos is finally dead too, but I remembered the god awful looking over the shoulder walking & watching simulator they're making.

We need more charu.

Jesus fucking Christ, Spiderweb Software,

They're at least still making new games but for some reason there's something about Avadon that I don't enjoy it nearly as much as Exile, Geneforge, or Nethergate.

I loved Mesal Gear

It didn't deserve to be cucked to death.

nice try to shill leftylol
>>>Holla Forums
>>>/cuck/

You must have absolutely nothing you enjoy.

i didn't even knew the artist, i just didn't wanted to put the MGS4 because i was afraid of being mocked, i'm sorry

Here's something better

It was supposed to be SC2 instead of W3.
Unfortunately I have more so I can make second post.

This image looks like shit but still means a lot

I love how it looks like Conker is recoiling in horror from Down Syndrome Spyro.

They hate both themselves and each other

NuSpyro doesn't have the mental capacity to be capable of self-loathing.

Damnit OP, stop reminding me of how much it hurts.
I need more Soichi Terada OSTs in my life. Sometimes I play Ape Escape 3 just to feel happy.

but new rayman games are actually great

Bushido Blade
- Back when 3D fighting games were experimental, this didn't get the recognition it deserved.
-Shit sequel.

Zone of the Enders
- HIGH SPEED ROBOT ACTION, Totally free 3D movement in combat, all about careful player consideration of spacing and reaction speed.
- ZOE1 best story/music. ZOE2 best gameplay.
-A ZOE3 prototype came out as the Guy Savage nightmare in MGS3.
-Mismanaged HD ports crippled franchise reboot. RIP.

Time Crisis
- TC1: Time gimmick + environmental destruction = replay value
- TC2: Branching paths + 2 player + extensive extra content = lots of fun
- Fucking NAMCO music during PS1/2 era, holy shit.
- Really phoned in after the godhood of 2.

REZ
- 3D scrolling music game in the form of a scrolling shooter, nothing else like it as a raw experience.
- I don't care if they slap Hatsune Miku on it, I just want to feel REZ again. Please.
- Endless Remakes, 0 Sequels. PS4 remake soon.

Kula World
- Extremely experimental 3D puzzle game
- Offputtingly abstract, but deep, original mechanics and a unique game over system

Ace Combat 4
- Swan song of the series that evidences flight sims are fertile narrative ground with creative writing.
- As polished as a flight-sim will get, feels great to fly, easy to replay.
- That two-sided story. That NAMCO soundtrack. Impeccable.
- Abandoned the tasteful tone and direction of 4 to pursue Call of Duty cheezy faux-deep action narratives. Ace Combat 3's Japanese release apparently had a similar direction, but the story never made it to the west. Ace Combat all about wubstep now.

Rez should have been mroe popular with teenage girls at least.

I wish Breath of Fire wasn't dead.

It still hurts.

Kill yourself, my man. That shit was fun.

Here's something more your speed.

The OST to the first game is literal perfection. Such a great melding of aesthetics and music.

Playing Sonic Generations showed me that Sonic can be a great game if all the planets align just right.

Sega couldn't manage this franchise if their lives depended on it.

The main issue, I think, is that the games focus so heavily on giving the player multiple routes for a single level. It's so much work for something the casual consumers will never see or care about.

There was a shitty 3d cgi anime and the shitty flash animated nickelodeon cartoon by frederators.

I chuckled.

how did allstars have such a crappy roster rull of regular boring ass humans

you know, id go as far as to say that pretty much every game deserved better.

The fact that nobody brought them up yet says it all.

there are devils at work, destroying what we love.
nothing else makes much sense. its sabotage

if people played rez for gameplay they wouldn't rerelase the same game over and over again

Sony is allergic to good characters

what a lovely girl.

I want to have sex with her.

PSASBR was crap but why does everyone on this board act like Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sly Cooper, Sir Daniel and Parappa weren't in the game?

Because the lack of characters like Crash Bandicoot was more talked about than the addition of characters that would have been forgotten by Sony like Sir Daniel and Spike.

damn that song is pretty catchy
cheers mate

because i feel silly being unable to tell all those adult soldier men apart.

you dont have to make fun of me

Yes he does.

Continue making fun of him.

gee

That's what you are saying right now.

what I'm saying is that they're all shit and sony could have chosen some more original characters
also
scraping the bottom of the barrel

Isn't TM like the first PlayStation series? i would say that the roster of PSASBR can be more diverse than the one in the Smash series at times but that's still part of the problem when they don't even have an art style for the characters.

What a shitty sequel for a great game.

i dont get mr b but at least hes distinct and cool.

these gritty adult men are to smash bros' fire emblem overpopulation.
hey at least theyre from mostly different franchises.

funny how both games should have had yet dont have certain purple dragons.

Are you just being dense now? God of War and Uncharted have played a significant role in Playstation history (to say Kratos isn't an iconic gaming character is BS). It's not even close to the Fire Emblem shilling in Smash 4, because they look different, are from different series, and use different weapons.

he wouldn't have been remembered at all by now if not for the reboot, I actually forgot he existed for a while, same with Drake, they're both generic as fuck characters from mediocre series, though I admit God of War actually had gameplay, however shallow it was. Uncharted has no redeeming qualities, especially since Tomb Raider series already existed long before it. Kratos is just an angry guy, his weapons have more character than he does.

Pretty much most PS characters last for only 1 or 2 generations, Kratos are Drake are different because at least one of the 2 has actual character design, even if it looks like.

We might as well remove Spike because he's less popular and he's the first playable character in a game that required the DualShock controller.

Ssh, Spike isn't realistic so it doesn't matter if he's not iconic. :^)

I don't know who's responsible for the shitfest that is ToS, Kim or whoever. But I want him to shoot himself.

yes in bringing about the era of context sensitive actions and quicktime events

Here's a series that was supposed to end.