Space Thread:Space cities Edition

Welcome admiralsand captains to another space thread

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/how-long-will-global-uranium-deposits-last/
patches-scrolls.de/patch/3211/7/
gamewatcher.com/downloads/the-precursors-download/english-translation-patch-1-2-unofficial
tbpsolutions.com
hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=90802.0
adswww.harvard.edu/
youtube.com/watch?v=0Vh_N8CpcL0
*steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421207978&searchtext=
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best Ship

Fuck no.

Post endless space 2 art

You just want to see those tits again don't you?

I got you fam

Yes

No, some of them are cityscapes like the OP.
More interested in the tree people than muh squid mafia.

did you post the same pic twice?

Makes a change from usual. So they just announced Giant Incests as a Minor Faction. Also Make Hissho Great Again

Watch those beams.

Im completely new to space sims, what's the absolute must play here?

test

Where is player group user?

Freespace Open

Start there and then stay there

are there any lewds from the clang race?

No or any Endless Space race for that matter

It was two separate ones I swear

Your memes=Dreams

Looks good

who is hyped for the new COD!? space gaming is having a comeback, guys!

What's the bet this gets panned cause it's actually good?

I hope this shit doesn't have denuvo

I'm keeping myself from getting hype about this even though it could actually be fun.
The new battlefield looked like a breath of fresh air and look how that turned out.

Worse.

Its have a Sega.

Figure this is as good as any place to ask: what is a good stick to buy for spess games? Looks like a ton of new sticks lacks FFB, so should I even bother with a high end stick or should I just get something like a TM HOTAS X or similar?

I'd say pirate the game just to see the campaign once but I already watched Mobile Suit Gundam

It's shit

ThrustMaster T.16000M is a good mid range stick to get.

The T.16000M can also easily be converted into a lefty stick. I have two of these for my dual stick setup.

I think you are right. Expecting anything these days was wishful thinking.

Still no Sci-fi Kebab Removal Shooter

Thanks, user. I've read a few reviews saying it's a fairly decent stick, didn't know if it was better or worse the a HOTAS X or 4. Only thing is it doesn't have a separate throttle unit but at this point, I think that'll serve well. I'll see if others have any differing opinions.

Sounds kinda nice, I'll take a look and see if some local stores have it otherwise I'll see if what prices on Amazon are.

does sega even use denuvo? odds are its going to have DLC everywhere

I'll be honest and say that I have enjoyed the CoD games I've played.
I never much played the MP but the campaigns instead.
Say what you will but you can really tell that the games have a high budget.
I've not plaed all of them, probably not even half so I might be wrong in what I'm saying but the new one does look like it'll be decent.
Of course you have th expected poz.
Female infantry and diversity among "da good goys" just to name a couple, but the space setting is neat, these days CoD actually has an artstyle and the mocap seems really good this time around.

The day whites and to a lesser extent slavs and gooks have access to convenient space travel is the day Kebab is no longer useful for their petroleum resources and will be nothing more than the occasional token for most people to deal with

user, its like you want to be bullied. I played the first COD WW stuff and i liked, never touched the modern stuff, because i wasnt interested

They arent too bad, in fact if you remove the killstreak powerups its pretty much a modern arena shooter. Dumbed down and with loadouts, but close enough

It does have powerups, skills, etc. That's what makes it shit

If someone had the balls to invest massively into nuclear rockets we'd probably soon be well on our way out there already.

I'm honestly surprised the chinks haven't done anything like it since they don't have the inherent fear of everything nuclear and the plague of health and safety directions you see in the west.

we need another power source that isnt nuclear or crude oil

No it didn't. What universe were you living in? Everyone's known from the game's announcement that it would be hot garbage.

Current generation of Nicler plants is just a "Boiling teapot" which turns a turbine.

I'm thinking more about NTR engines.

We just need a source of energy that doesn't place the majority of it's deposits in Kebab territory essentially forcing us to be dependent on those animals and throw away our own lives fighting the Jew's wars in those areas just to preserve the monopoly of petrodollars.

Apparently it's a surprise that they'd rehash the exact same game with a different skin and setting for the sixth time in a row (I'm including nuBattlefront). Of course these are probably the same people that insist Bad Company 2 was good then have a problem with everything after that.

Screw that babyshit. What you want is a trusty NSWR engine.
Nothing says awesome quite like riding one continuous nuclear blast all the way into orbit.

Where are you supposed to launch something like that from?

You don’t. You build it in orbit and launch from there. But it’s as close to an actual torchship as we’ll get until someone invents muon-catalyzed fusion.

We're not ready for the stars. We're still stuck debating if women can have a dick.

They still belong to us though.

I agree user

Nuclear is a fantastic power source, what the fuck are you talking about?

You may want to hold out on those long term investments in more nuclear reactors until we find more uranium deposits…
scientificamerican.com/article/how-long-will-global-uranium-deposits-last/

Do you consider a vast tunnel network underneath the entire planet a city?

Yes

Only good bug is a dead bug

Anyone knows when the next update for Elite Dangerous will come out? I'd like to squeeze Sothis a bit more but I'll probably be playing somethings else those next couple of days.

Also, what's the best investment I can make with a capital of 120.000.000 credits? Should I just wait for Anaconda, currently got an ASP explorer.

Allegedly mid-October so you have a little while yet before the no-fun-allowed police nerf your lods of emone.

With 120 million I would try out a Python or if you're more combat focused a Fer-de-Lance.

vaulters a best

I actually thought that the Python had a shitty jump range so I did not check on it, but apparently max it's 30ly vs 38ly for the asp. Guess it's good enough. 8ly stock is really bad though.

Tribal Vaulters true vaulters.

I'm here. FD has yet to send any confirmation of the formation of our Player Group. The only email I've received was confirmation that I submitted our request. They had a warning on the request page that things are a little backed up, so it might take time to process.

Any of you familiar with Void Destroyer? Worth $12? Pirate?

Huh. Flamethrowers in space.

I am ok with this.

I'd go for the Python and milk Sothis as much as possible then sell it for a proper combat FDL and milk massacre or skimmer missions

For one I understand that Sothis is waaay too easy money for anyone new to the game and for that I want it gone - I don't want debil kids with harmless rank crashing into me in a fully kitted Conda. But on the other hand I'm getting fed uip with FDev's "yo I heard you like grind so we put grind in your grind" attitude… They make it seem like that the bigger ships are end-game content just because it takes hundreds of hours to get them while you realize that they overbalanced everything so it doesn't even fucking matter anymore.

Yeah, the skimmer missions at Lembava are just about as profitable as Sothis so cash is just as easy as ever to come by.

This is my moon now, bugs.

Some interior shots, the first image is before I added a few lights.
Mr. Coffee is considered a med room, but without the ability to change playermodel

How can I into the game without having to spend hours just placing blocks and grinding for stuff?
Also how fun is it alone? I like the idea of space colonialism but I don't have friends autist enough to play with

We need some Bug Killing Space Vidya

The Precursors is a great space game. It's mostly an openworld FPS, but there's also a space piloting and combat section. All the world maps are huge, there are aliens to interact with, towns to explore, and a ton of weird alien guns.
It can't be bought anywhere anymore, and the english version is complete shit. Instead of giving you subtitles over the russian voices, they decided to add subtitles, but strip all voiceacting, so avoid the "english version" that 99% of torrents will have.
To get the game you're going to want to get the russsian version and apply the english patch so you can have both the russian voice and the english subtitles

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:JZ6UQMAPCA256ZW5LNFECANJVTHTMKHM&dn=The%20%d0%9f%d1%80%d0%b5%d0%b4%d1%82%d0%b5%d1%87%d0%b8%20(R.G.Games)&tr=http%3a%2f%2fbt.t-ru.org%2fann%3fmagnet

It's still pretty fun if you have pirates and stuff enabled, crashing ships into other ships can be enjoyable if you don't mind ruining your ship.
there is an energy shield mod that can prevent things from being smashed too bad in high speed collisions

Booty on that redhead bitch

what game?
I've never been in a space vidya thread.

Space Engineers, basically what happened when Miner Wars failed so the devs made a space Minecraft out of it.

It's Early Access and has a ton of bugs and a workshop for mods and ship blueprints.

It's pretty fun user.

Ever have that bug where your gyros act up and you lose all control of your ship while is has a grand mal seizure?

Iceberg Interactive sale on Steam, is there anything good to get in it? Starpoint Gemini 2, Stardrive 1/2, Ceres? Or are they all shit?

I actually pirated this a while ago because I had the same question. I'm still unsure if I can recommend it since I don't know if I find it really cool or pointlessly frustrating. The controls take a long time to get used to and are fairly unintuitive, like the Flagship's cannons not automatically aiming themselves by default, and switching modes seemed to make the Flagship stop firing. Being able to switch to any other ship was neat but a pain since I never got the hang of combat in that game.

I say pirate it and see if you like it. If it's your kind of game, you know what to do. It's definitely an interesting experience.

No, but I have had a bug where I cannot walk in most directions.

We can post swf again?

WE CAN

looks like they finally fixed paint dmg in the beta.
and it only took them almost a year!

What is this heresy?

AAAYs with the human masterpiece that is gattling cannons?

Wait for a mod that flips it around.

The evil guys are all nigs and women and the good guys are all cis white males.

Gotta agree that it's a good game.

I'm almost convinced that the people made this orginally wanted this to be the theme but marketing said no.

The chinks have signed the Outer Space Treaty too.

at first I thought it was some sort of camo patterm

Anybody got any impressions on Starpoint Gemini: Warlords?

hahahahaha that's funny

You tell me

is it just me or the torrent is dead?

we both know that no matter how many people bitch about kikestarter or early access, there's always some people who get them anyway.

That's true because most people pirate it but that doesn't change the fact it's still an Early Access game and most Early Access games don't feel complete until well after it's "official release" unless it's swimming in mods and Steam Workshop

Any update, user?

Is the English patch included on the dvds? I am still downloading atm

I need to make a Freespace folder

So what's going on with star citizen?

It's dead, Jim.

don't mind me, just dumping a couple

What game allows me to be a colonist and strike out as an independent state against my old masters? I'll settle with just being able to rebel.

Terminus if you choose to support Mars.

Tropico 5

That game was fun.

Tropico is not space though.

Sid Meier's Colonization

My bad, I saw the question scrolling down.

bump

Expanding and remodeling, don't know where to put a stargate so I can just walk to and from the Moon and Titan.

Put it in a hanger

What the fuck is this shit?

Get a gun and touch it

OK, I downloaded this, installed it, applied 1.1 dvd patch, then installed 1.7 unofficial patch (could not find dl link for 1.8), then applied "no dvd" crack to bypass protection and the game works but unfortunately it's still completely in Russian.
I've been trying to play this for a long time so any help would be appreciated.

Lucky for him.

We can't all be slavshit cheekibreeki's.

Is empyrion fun on its own right, or is it just a poor man's space engineers?

When come to "futuristic planet size space city" why everyone copy-paste Coruscant?

Screw a little backwater like Coruscant. I want a Ringworld covered in city as the capital of the galaxy spanning empire.

Who Sothis here? I'm trying to decide if it's as worthwhile as people claim.

Currently doing mid-range (~120ly) runs from Wu Guinagi for 7-10 million per trip. Time spent mode-swapping to stack missions is usually under 15 minutes, and I'm hauling in a Python with 256 tons of cargo and a 14ly laden jump range - roughly 10 jumps to the nearest delivery when full, and usually 6 jumps back. Round-trip averages out pretty evenly to 10-15 million per gameplay hour. That's while only allied with one of the factions in Wu Guinagi.

From what I can tell, Sothis is just a few systems z- from me, and offers 300ly cargo hauls for 150%-200% higher credit/ton ratio. There's a lot of dead space between Sothis and the bubble, however, making it impractical to try doing it in my Python with shit jump range and barely enough fuel for 10 fastest-route jumps.
Also, if I spring for a Conda with its Large Pad disadvantage, how long will I have to spend mode-swapping to stack a full cargo hold of missions?

Is Sothis really worth it?

I downloaded this with the patch a long time ago, I'll into my old hdd to see if i have it. no promises though.

on the bright side I found the 1.8 patch

patches-scrolls.de/patch/3211/7/

Oh, and I found this translation patch 1.2. Not sure if it is the latest version.

gamewatcher.com/downloads/the-precursors-download/english-translation-patch-1-2-unofficial

That's great, thanks. Did I maybe mess it up with install order?
As I said I installed the russian version of the game from the torrent, then the 1.1 official DVD patch, then the unofficial 1.7, then I used a NO DVD crack from gamecopyworld since it I was not able to start the game otherwise.
Seem about right?

Are those Sophons in the first pic carrying weapons?

I think the order seems about right, the torrent is still downloading for me so I didn't install it yet.

I find it dubious that the unofficial patch does not ask, as default, to be installed in the game folder (but I still installed it in the game folder).
Maybe I need to do an extra step after installing the unofficial patch, something like activating it. Doesn't really make sense but since I exhausted things that do make sense I am willing to try anything else.
Once you finish with the torrent let me know how you install it and if it actually works.

Show me the game folder.

Hosting?

This is what you want?

Now I am sure: translation patch and unofficial patch is one and the same thing. So just download 1.8 from the link user posted above.
I am sure of this because for all versions size is identical and in that link the file size is 56.6 just the same as for 1.8

put those solar panels on rotors so you can track the sun, do the same for the oxygen farms

I can answer this, started playing it a few days ago after a long time playing SE.

In a lot of ways empyrion is behind SE but its way ahead in others, notably in stability, multiplayer performance and all around fun factor. SE's problem is it does a lot of vague things well like programming but misses out on the basics like functioning netcode and fun to use weapons.

Any ideas what system we're gonna go for once the group is registered?

Total Warhammer is Sega, hold on to your butts.

Decided to build a hangar and a landing pad.

Looks nice user

The English translation is so abysmal it's basically the same as leaving it in Russian.

Are there any mods that give camera feeds a higher fov in SE?
I love the idea of building heavily armored ships with sealed cockpits that are camera-piloted, but the camera's field of view is always so narrow that it's difficult to pilot accurately.
A mod that adds cameras that you can free-look on a ball joint would also work.

Probably one in imperial space if we're jumping on the fuck feds bandwagon.

Recommend that actually since there are way more dedicated imperial groups then federation ones and the feds lose most competing cgs.

Isn't there a setting in options to increase the fov?

That increases it for the player, but as far as I can tell, camera feeds are unaffected. They always have that "zoomed in" feel to them, indicative of an FOV of between 45-60. Ideally I'd like an FOV of 120, or even a fisheye 180.

ah, well it being Space Engineers there is almost definitely a mod for it.

Speaking of cameras, is there any way to get a camera feed to display on an LCD screen?
My Constitution Class may be horribly disproportionate, structurally inefficient, and generally shit, but I'd at least like to get the viewscreen working.

One would think, but I've not found anything yet. The search continues, I suppose.

There are mods that make LCDs display static images, but I'm not sure if there are mods to make LCDs display anything that isn't text or a jpeg. It's worth a look, though, because that sounds pretty badass.

Honestly something you should be able to do stock. Windows are a weakness in ship design and I'll double them up when I can on larger ships to increase strength.

You can use cameras and a pilot console to control ships via a feed from a camera stuck on your ship's stern/bow/whatever.
The problem is they have shit fov, extremely limited zoom, and by default come with this horrid film grain and scanline effect that makes them borderline useless. There are mods to remove the noise from the image, but I haven't found a fov fix for them as of yet.

I imagine such a mod would also be useful when using an LCD viewscreen, as you'd want that to have a decent field of view as well.

Nice reaction image too

Have they added anything substantial since planets? Your autism is enticing my autism to get back into the game.

Tpap-readme?

I see you take the slow and steady approach to landing. You didn't even boost through the docking gate.

You do that have fun slowing down on the other side.

Especially with a clipper fuck that, the boost takes me up to 440 with rank 1 clean drives, I'd never slow down before hitting the far wall. I'll do stuff like that in my Mk3 or 4 cobra which can slip though at max speed and slowdown.

You just have to time it so that your boost starts coming down just as you pass through the forcefield. If you need to stop more quickly, then flip the throttle into full reverse.
Insane breakneck landing is one of the few ways to have an exciting time playing E:D.

Yeah, a clipper might be a bit too much of a fatty to do it properly. Even my comparatively tiny python occasionally bottoms out on planets when I do a daredevil dive for the pad.

I realize that I probably only hate the sidewinder because I went through the full learning curve behind the controls of that cow, but fuck that ship to hell.
The adder is the sexiest little ship, anyhow.

I see what you mean, but I learn't a while ago to not do that in a clipper around stations. It may fly like a small ship but forget her size and you'll be slamming into stuff left and right.

Sidewinders on the other hand.

Good taste

Pitty it ain't good for much even as a multi role, It needs a buff of some kind considering how easy of an upgrade a cobra3 is.

sorry, it's almost 4am and I left way too many grammar errors in the first post

I'm more of a Courrier guy.

That's a pretty nice zippy ship for sure. It has an undersized shield generator though, right?
A buddy I sometimes play with used to bring his courier to RES and combat zones, and he almost never got away without losing a few chunks of hull.
Can't argue with those contours, though.

I'm saving up for a Python, I'm not really interested in the big ships.

Now if only FD hadn't forgotten to add gameplay to their game.

sorry for the delay in answering, I've been out of town the past couple days. No emails from FD yet, if I don't hear from them around Monday, I might send an email to see what's up

That's not the impression you'd get by looking over at the subplebbit and beholding all the Fedcucks. Typical though I suppose.

Elite: Dangerous

Nexus is pretty good too.

I tried to make my own version of your webm recently, but it didn't go so well.

Why is the ferdilance considered god tier for combat? How do I fit it?

it's a random screenshot, I couldn't bother to find one of my own until just now
there you go

might as well shill for my clan too tbpsolutions.com

Anyone been playing Homeworld recently?

Also, this is too tragic not to post.

Not recently but I played them to death.

They aren't Sophons. They're a new minor faction closely related to the Sophon.

Starpoint Gemini 2 worth $7?

Sure, it's a nice space game.

Really powerful shields (and good armor underneath).

High amount of firepower (huge hardpoint + 4 medium).

Good maneuverability and speed.

Its weakness is a poor internal loadout; you can't carry a lot of SCBs and any non-combat activity you want to do is severely limited. Also it has an abysmal jump range and tiny fuel tank because Frontier thinks you can balance a ship by making it horribly tedious to get to CGs and rendezvous with friends it.

Also, IMO it has the best engine sounds in the game.

The Courier has excellent shields. Its hull is what's weak.

Everytime I try to play it, I crash to desktop everytime I land on a planet

I was going to ask for some help with making this, but once I rendered it I realized I recorded in the wrong aspect ratio and said fuck it. I left the beginning black because I had no idea what to do and there was not enough footage. There are a few black part strewn in between here and there also.

Now I know where the landing pad is even in the dark, and added another door to the side of the hangar for easy transition from pad to hangar.

How do you find flat spots? When I try to build the world rounds itself out so much that everything will float on at least on corner.

make your shit less boxy you autismal nerd

Some E:D screens from a recent trip out of the bubble to the Hind and California nebulas,

Your triangle ship look like the Goa'uld scout ships

Sorry I'm not shit at designing like you.

It is one, the Stargate mod added a small number of ships to the NPC pool, so I stole this one from the pirates since it is rather harmless from any angle that isn't the front.

This one on the other hand had to be approached from a blind spot where turrets couldn't spot me.

Hacking computers are nice but very slow

that one*

Whenever I would play space engineers I would always attempt to build the Prometheus but it would never turn out very well. I always liked the design moreso than any other of the human ships.

Had no idea there was a stargate mod

Don't despair user. 0.00001% of the population is good at something straight away and they are usually genuine geniuses.

Keep trying.

I think one of my problems is I always play on the survival mode. I like the cycle of collecting and processing materials to build with so it always is a huge effort to attempt to build anything. I should really play on creative more to hone my shipbuilding skills. Then maybe one day I can be inside my shipfu

design and build it in creative, then make a blueprint out of it and build it in survival using the blueprint projector

Never thought of that before to be honest

Do it with FA off and use your lateral thrusters. The game actually gimps your maneuverability with FA on.

Is Distant Worlds: Universe any good?

FSO > FS1 > Silent Threat: Reborn > FS2
Wing Commander 1-4
X3 Terran Conflict + Albion Prelude

I have been playing Cataclysm recently, great atmosphere especially in an RTS game.

When I played the most I designed a small work ship with a toolhead you could change depending on what you needed to do, one for welding, another for grinding and a third for mining
made blueprints for those so I could 3D print them if I happened to lose the toolheads or the ship somehow
then I built a modular printer station that I could dock and connect to a main station using merge blocks and connectors to feed the welders the material needed to print
I then designed a "small ship to station" adapter using the small ship connector to connect to a station connector so I could print small ships on a station platform, this adapter had a small ship merge block on top to secure whatever small ship I print to the adapter
made blueprints of all the parts so I could easily build it in survival after building the station adapter, but I never got around to build it in survival since the game ran like a hamplanet for me at the time

Best space trading sim to play on potato?

I liked Gazillionaire, also stuff like Alpha Centuri.

maybe I should mention that the webm isn't related to the stuff I built, as the printer in the webm uses 1 station for the welders and 1 large ship for the projector
my printer used welders mounted on a piston and built shit from the bottom up, relative to the station gravity and position of the merge block on the ship to be printed

There was also this E:D meet thing in the UK and they played some more alien teaser stuff.

Is this game just a fucking walking simulator but with space ships, or is it actually good?

It's more like Euro Truck Sim 2 except with space ships. At least if you're a trader. Otherwise it's a lot like playing darts with spaghetti.

That sounds a lot better than what I expected. Thanks user.

It's bare bones, you have the basic trade, mine, combat and exploration which are all slowly being built on.

Quickest way to get into the game:

Do ALL the tutorials

Do boom data delivery missions and upgrade the sidewinder until you can afford basically anything else

If you want to do combat, save up for a Cobra MkIII or a Viper MkIII. If you want to trade, get an Adder or a Hauler and then start saving for a Type-6

Source on that vidya?

hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=90802.0

When you install Freespace Open, this game will be an option in the launcher by default.

made a quick demonstration

Realplayer 4 life.

Recently upgraded from a Diamondback Explorer to a Vulture. It's only small but the 2 large weapons make it pretty good for bounty hunting.

It's decent enough, but they fucked up ship classes.

There's really no differentiation between them in how they "feel".
There's no different sizes of mounts, so the biggest ship uses the same weapons ans the smallest one, only more of them.

bump

shit man, I need to do more fun stuff like that. The last fun thing I did in ED was send my old sidewinder into a black hole. Embed related is a guy that discovered one black hole you could go 'through' not sure if that has been fixed yet

Thanks

look in the astronomy abstract archives adswww.harvard.edu/
should have a better time with actual papers

I know. I was mostly joking, having googled the troublesome stars out of curiosity. The only thing I really need is SIMBAD anyway.

I think I might have to finally give ED a try. I heard it was not fun but riding a bike on a moon looks pretty fun to me.

I'm afraid I don't have the autism and understanding I once had to play 4x games like distant worlds or galciv 2. Can someone tell me a simple 4x game?

Sins of a solar empire.
Rebellion is currently the most modern one, id recommend getting the DLC for it too.
Oh and star trek armada 3 mod too.

I played Sins to death as well

Thirding Sins
Good game and shitton of great mods
Too bad they kinda discontinued the Stargate mod… I loved it

What do you think of my new baby? It's called the Bumble.

Looks pretty decent for getting from point A to B but bad for front line combat

It's meant to be my Ball.

Oh, then is serves well as a flying coffin as you intended

SOMEBODY MAKE A FLYING COFFIN

r8 my base

Niceu user

Just the necessities/10

Here is my vaygr assault craft.

I could have sworn it was Vagyr. This is some Bernstain universe shit isn't it?

he really likes his waifu.

No, how the fuck would you even get that confused?

Fuck off satan! You aren't fooling anyone!

I'm not falling for your tricks Satan.

I'm going to do some combat mission stacking. I was considering taking my Python, but I'm feeling the need for speed.
Is the Vulture fun to fly? Fast, manoeuvrable?

pure coincidence.

What game is that?

Space Engineers

Go away Satan. Space threads aren't for you.

Welp, I just played Distant Worlds. That game was awful. The UI was incredibly unintuitive and the Tutorials helped me with jack shit. Any other good space GSGs?

All my friends play Sellaris and I caved. So far, I'm enjoying it, but I've noticed the AI seems to do what all paradox games do; bumrush you with a big stack when war kicks off. Upshot is, if I break that first stack (and recover/crush it handily) I've pretty much won, just needs to get the planets scooped up.
Observations aside, any tips in general for the game like when to start pushing research labs and cruisers and stuff without the end-game events? I know there's some 'big' ones but I don't want to be spoiled, but I noticed I wanted to go for a 'themed' army with short ranged kinetic stuff and after a few wars, I'd ended up gravitating towards energy weapons by virtue of the research tree and now I take far fewer losses in many fights.

What chinese cartoon is the song from? I know it, but cant remember from where.

Star Ruler? I played that game do death, it has its flaws but I like it a lot.

I like Distant Worlds too so your mileage may vary. I don't remember it being that bad.

Enough said really. Is an exbawks controller any good?

Gurren lagann

Thanks bro.

man those are some jerk memories right there. What ever happened to her?

Last I heard, she got breast reduction

No worries

Thanks losers, I just caved and put the series on torrent again.

Funny. AI worked just fine for ObsidianAnt while on planet. Though he was in the fighter, not the mothership.

The welder mods I used were making anything I weld fuse to the welder itself. So I stopped playing. I don't have enough autism to make contraptions like the one in this video.

Nice

I'm hard

Think of it as EVE Online in 2003. The game will get better as it goes along. Meanwhile I've you have the patience to stick with it you'll have some of the best stories in the community.

That was the first version of Black Holes before the exclusion zone was added in iirc.

Does anyone happen to have a crack for Space Engineers they could upload, separate from the game itself?
I already have the game and just want to play outside Steam, and don't want to spend a full day downloading the entire thing for a few files.

Why not just play in steam?

Star ruler 1 or 2? I've played 2, and it was fun for a bit, but it's less of a GSG and more like Sins of a Solar Empire.

When I first made a Steam account, and for several years afterwards, I shared the account with my brother since there was no sense in buying two copies of the same game. We've been using different accounts for a while, but we still use family sharing to let us both access games on the original account. Since Steam's family sharing doesn't let you use the same library at the same time, not just the same game, it's very inconvenient.

Hope you can enjoy it again user

Are there any games that nail the same sort of militaristic vibes and themes of the original Starship Troopers book?

Boy do I have a game for you.

Was it good, movies games sucks most of the time.

It was good, but you need an old ass computer to run it. Newer ones can't get past the third mission.

They even use clips from the movie.

That's a shame, do you know if it works with some tinkering on newer stuff?

I remember an Endchan thread about this neat space game that had some autism (cool autism) tier shit, it's still in development, anyone know what I'm talking about?
On a similar note, any of you faggots play aurora?

Tinkering didn't work for me. I tried doing every thing others have done to get past the game fucking up, but it was in vein.

I still remember the drop scene on Klendathu in the movie. It was awesome for young me. Especially when you had the fleet people chilling in orbit while the infantry was getting shredded down on the planet.

Now I have to watch the movie again.

The fuck is ED? Besides being a *nix word Editor.

Elite Dangerous, it's like space engine but it cost money.

You vague motherfucker.
Aurora is my lube

The fleet got fucked up eventually. But hot damn the corvette transports were beautiful. Then they had the Athena class fuck everything up at the end of the movie.
ST: Invasion is also a good movie to watch.

Check out my new fighter.

Oh okay, I'm fucking retarded.
>space engine costs shekels too ya mong, though I suppose you can't pirate ED due to the whole multiplayer shit, right?

ST Invasion was pretty good. ST 2 and 3 were fucking awful though.

2 was okay
Saw my first naked woman in it

I dunno user, something about a group of explorers that try using an experimental form of warp for the first time, but then get trapped in another system. Can't remember the rest

Is there a modded start that sticks you on a moon?

In Space Engineers

saw I forgot to clarify what game as soon as it hit New Reply

Anyone here try Fractured Space?
Any good?

Is this some assfaggot type game?

I play it on the patch days. It's just f2p microtransaction garbage that I wish it wasn't. I also wish it was more of a WoT type of game instead of assfags

No idea then

I think it is one of the easy starts already in the game.

It'll entertain you for a weekend. It's also a disgusting MOBA.

yeah it's ASSFAGGOTS in space

I'd rather have one that starts me off with no premade

welp, into the sun it goes.

You want to die of oxygen loss before you can do anything?

Pretty much. I guess what I want is a minimalist setup. Small launchpad, small base and then start expanding from there.

The moon/earth/alien planet starts are a lot like that. They give you a simple base with the essentials and some very slight flourish in their design that are made to be expanded on from the start. You might not like that they give you a mining/fighting/salvage ship to start with, but you can always go into the map in creative and delete what you don't like before you start playing survival.

Shoot I forgot switch from Creative to Survival was an option. Fuck I'll just make my own then.

Has anyone played STO since the update?

I'm installing the patch right now to see how it looks.

I haven't played that game in a long while, I thought it was dead.

Game opened on Consoles. So supposedly the gfx were supposed to be updated on the PC version as well. I can't tell though.

If you start with a decent spawn ship, you can cut that thing down for a fair little bit of which to start off.

For myself, though, I can't much touch Space Engineers outside creative, on account of the limited jetpack. I know why they did it, but it's a huge pain for when you want to build shit. Makes the startup rather harsh, too. O2 I can bear with, but that lack of fuel means my ship designs have to be very flat, and larger than they should be.

depends on the strength of gravity it seems.

Your problem might be inertia dampeners. If you have them on while inside an atmosphere your jetpack will eat through hydrogen insanely fast.

Right, but, I can't rightly build much vertically without them.
And unfortunately, at least last time I checked, there's no option for infinite jetpacks. Rightly ruined the game for me, sadly.

aren't the creative jetpacks infinite?

Yeah, but then you gotta play creative.
You're trading shit for shit, user.

I don't play with mods that adds a bunch of shit, at most I had the armored thrusters and the helmet HUD

build scaffolding, takes only 1 iron plate to place each block
when you're done remove the scaffolding

That's a solution I guess, but it still seems a waste.

waste? waste of what? you get the materials back and it takes no time at all to place the scaffolding

Time, mostly. Yeah, it doesn't take too much I suppose, but it still's a pain to do. Could be easily solved with leaving people their perfectly fine jetpacks.

you could also just use a small welder ship with atmo thrusters and place shit from inside its cockpit

New If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device
youtube.com/watch?v=0Vh_N8CpcL0

what operating system assimilates the most with outer space Holla Forums?

Windows.
What else do you use to see what's in space?

What are space games with ELVES in space?

I'm thinking of getting ED but I'm a bit concerned about performance. I have a GTX770 with a i5-4670k and 16gb ram. Will I get dips below 60?
If so what settings is it worth giving up on to still have some "pretty" space.

Depends. You can disable a lot of shit in the settings and still have the game look good. For the mostpart it's pretty well optimized, but you'll want to cut a few obvious things like motion blur and maybe change the AA and shit.

I'm about to find out

motion blur in vidya without exception makes the game look worse and adds input lag while eating fps.
If it didn't look like shit it would eat even more fps and increase even more the display latency it adds

This.
Never understood it. Your eyes will automatically add motion blurr when you swing around. That's just your eyes not being able to focus fast enough.

Star Trek Online

Hollywood does it on 25fps to make it seem smoother. Maybe this worked in low framerate games of yesteryear, but it doesn't have a place in modern gaymen.

Hollywood would be better served with going 60fps.
But thanks to that shit hobbit lot, that got ruined sadly. People use it as an example of "looking weird", despite that it was the fault of the constant using of greenscreens for literally fucking everything.

That was more the fault that The Hobbit also used motion blur on its high framerate version, which made for some jarring differences in slow and fast paced scenes.

Surprisingly good, but avoid the ground missions because they fucking suck.

If only i could…

True enough, but good god, that shit's a major drag.

The game is incredibly well optimized. One of the things I'll give Fdev credit for is they actually optimize their damn game.

They have cut back some of the graphical effects from the alpha and beta versions to do so but those effects have been slowly added back in over time at least.

What said, though I would add that you don't need to buy ships. You can get free ships from events, usually at christmas, the end of January and in the summer. Alternatetly, get yourself a mirror universe ship or one of the cheap lockbox ships off the market. They will be perfectly servicable and you won't have to pay real money.
The alternative is grinding your ass off for dil for months for a single ship.
But that's all endgame stuff, you can go through the entire story without it.

Vulcans are not fun, they are cold turkies.

What about Romulans?

Backstabbing little fuckers with overblown egos.

New thread when?

page 13 or 750 replies

Is there any gameplay in ED yet?

If you don't like what's there you prolly won't like what's coming. There's a community goal in Latugara to deliver shit, and if that gets done, 3 more stations are getting constructed between the bubble and the colonia nebula. The other is a federation appeal for map data in the pleiades. not sure of what happnens with that one.

Page 12 is also acceptable

pleiades is the alien storyline

Hobbit also used constant panning of landscape scenes which gave everyone that isn't used to video games motion sickness

Loaded it again to try. 40 seconds to open mission board, 15 seconds to drop out of sc. Still barely anything to do, everything is as sterile as a surgery room, I'll wait for another season I guess.

Whoever thought of engineers should be shot behind the chemical shed.

i got it free and played it, im a huge faggot for space, so i had some fun with it, unlocked everything and uninstalled, wish they made a singleplayer game or something instead of multiplayer only
I think an user said in a new patch they fucked up the unlocked stuff and its now a random drop or something like that, and of course they reset your unlocks, because fuck you

New thread coming now

New thread

thats why you first build a welding ship im a big fan of the bob the builder bullshit with the welder /grinder setup its easy enough to adapt it to atmospheric craft. but mining on planets is always a bitch with anything but downward facing drills

**steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=421207978&searchtext=

i really hate the bajorans
dukat was right, bajor was better off during/after the occupation, than it ever was. if it wasn't for the cardassians, bajor would still be a bunch of hippies and farmers that would instantly get conquered the moment the dominion invades
and then they get grumpy because the cardassians invaded without their permission.
after all the bullshit dukat had to deal with from the federation/klingons/bajewrans, i don't blame him for siding with the dominion

just learn russian, it's good for your health

does istrolid count as space vidya?