Can it be saved, or will this be yet another pointless update?

Can it be saved, or will this be yet another pointless update?

How did anyone think this was good? I'm talking about back when you liked him. It always looked laughable to me.

It's never gonna get finished.

It's a lost cause, stop. Unless this is Yandere-Dev, then go kill yourself.

It was never going to be good you turbonigger, now fuck off.

STOP SUPPORTING A CUCKOLD.

Feature Creep: The Game

Eva lied, anons died. ;___;

Hi EvaXephon

Fuck off yandev, you are not welcome here.

Stop making these fucking threads already!

Where did these come from anyway?

Nice

Jesus. No wonder this barebones shitshow runs at sub 40fps all the time. I've barely made a handful of game prototypes and I rarely if ever use else/if statements.

Most of the anons that liked the game did so because the dev was an user and then when the dev was an ass everyone started hating the game.

For me nothing has changed, I'll pirate it and buy it if it's good like I do with every game.

I never liked it, and after yancuck's chimpout I liked it even less so idc

yandev quit advertising here no one likes you

Can it be saved, or will this be yet another pointless thread?

Thread reported and saged.gre

Fuck yandev.

I pretended to like it because I thought he was one of us and wanted to support him. Never really cared about the game, not even interested in playing it for free

Okay, yes, Yandev's code is awful, but I think you're exaggerating here.

Or you're using switch statements. Which, while typically more readable and slightly faster, are really just a different flavor of the same thing.

I'm all about data oriented programming but use some state machines or somethin' nigga sheeiittt

Who thought it was good? It was in development, I don't think anyone had a reason to think it was remotely good as it was.
The problem of course is that so much time has past and he's hardly made progress.

I'm droppin' 2D in this shit thread.

No longer his audience, don't care

Just who do you think you're fooling here?

It was shit from day one. The dev being a faggot is just icing on the cake.

Consider going back to halfchan with your one sentence post of "where did it go wrong" "now that the dust is settled", and "what are your thoughts", you lazy cuck

Yandev hasn't even actually started designing the game itself yet. Even if it gets finished which I doubt it will, since it's one things to slap a bunch of features into a sandbox and let people play with it, but another entirely to actually try and design a game with progression around those features We're looking at an mid-late 2019 release at best.

This is only worsened considerably by the fact that Yandev wants to shove every stupid idea he gets from playing other videogames into his Hitman clone, most of which are increadibly time consuming and would change the game fundamentally and completely toss out most of what's been created

An open world with stupid time-wasting shit was an idea he got from MGS:V. Open worlds are hard to create for massive dev teams, a one man operation would surely fail and bloat dev-time considerably. The other is a stupid melee combat system that will allow players to slug their way through the game like it's fucking Yakuza, complete with heat actions, because he played Y5 for a week.

This game is fucked. The only thing keeping it somewhat on track were anons here constantly steering this fucking retard back to his work, now that he's flipped us the bird I guarantee it'll go down the shitter.

Check Em

what if hes trying to get advice from us by starting these threads

He could learn how to structure code for starters.

Go away yandev

Time and again it's been proven that if the man behind a game is a flaming fucking retarded faggot then the game itself, surprise surprise, turns out to be fucking wank on a stick.

The same way feminists get in and shit all over a passable game by filling it with garbage. I guaran-fucking-te Yanderedev will put one, if not several, digs at Holla Forums or Holla Forums as a whole into the game.

Yandev's been a cuck for Holla Forums since his early days. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to learn that he's the one constantly making them.

Might as well join in.

thats what I said you fucking faggot

It's not memegame but damn if it isn't trying

Oh shit, sorry user, I misread your post.

pls no bully

Are you still upset the CON leaks revealed SJW don't care about you either?

Fuck off egotist.

If the game went for a linear level based approach I have a feeling the game would be made by now or next year.

But why does he want to implement everything he sees from other games that had developers with years worth of experience? Does he think he can do better or is it because he thinks he can shove all these ingredients into this one game and knock it out of the park? There's having dreams and there's being overly optimistic.

Plenty of people I disagree with entertain me in other ways, I disagree with George Carlin on many political topics but I still love his comedy. Just because the dev isn't good at coding and can't deal with PR doesn't mean he can't make a fun if resource intensive game.

Oh no, I couldn't deal with people saying bad things about my favorite Mongolian cave painting forum.

What if he did fool me but I recanted my support? Can I still seek salvation?

It's him just trying to emulate shit he enjoyed without understanding that your game needs to be built from the ground up to support design like that. Making the school a place you can freely wander around in, having Yandere-chan fuck off to go fishing for a week instead of hunting down her prey does not.

You shouldn't support people who are directly opposed to everything you stand for, dipshit. That's how the cancer fucking spreads.

kay

Carlin was funny and I'm pro-funny, If VanSim ends up being fun then good because I'm pro-fun.
If you will avoid things you like just because you disagree with the maker on some other topic you must spend a lot of time reading up on every dev team and publishing house in the industry only to have no games to play at the end of it.

Maybe he thinks having an "open world" will excuse its many short comings if it's dressed up nicely? It's one thing for it to just have a huge school to wonder in though, it's another to have a padded out town that's in the game's demo but is empty and lifeless besides cycling around in.

If he was a bit wiser though he should probably do something like Persona 3 Portable where it's pre-rendered and mostly menu based, but I'm sure it would be a lot faster and easier to do.

Th-thanks

You're pro faggot, from the sound of it.

I've had plenty of games to play that were produced by developers who aren't fucking horrible people who are shit at their jobs.

Having a wide open world, or a menu based system in persona, wouldn't work for what kind of game he's making. His game is literally Hitman with more social elements. By this virtue the game needs to be highly interactive in terms of what you can do with the environment and the characters in it.

What if it was a text game crossed with the "menu based" representation of rooms?

I have no stake in this, but I love these threads. Pure hilarity.

I did and still do think the concept is interesting, and I want to see what the game will be like if/when it's finished which should be around the time I'm 40 at the current pace. The game has all these variables and I can't see them meshing well together in the end and all he'll have is a bunch of bloat features that 90% of his player won't even bother with. Since everything needs this intricate setup, nothing is done by happenstance through actual discovery and play (also since he painstakingly explains everything in update videos) so every play through will devolve into checking things off the list to get the outcome you want, which won't hold his spastic youtube audience's attention long at all.

Now that I think about it he shouldn't have even done that. He should have just made a anime hitman clone. Instead of the persistent school world he could have had self-contained levels based off of generic anime environments. Instead of a mark, you have the rival. Throw in a simple combat system for weapons, a few accidental style deaths for each board and move on to the next. It probably would have been a lot better and simpler than all these systems and variables that will only be interesting once, took years to complete and he's not even a halfway done.

He'll put up an "I'm stopping development on Yandere Simulator" video.

Within six months

That'd be pretty ballsy for him to do given that he wants to do a kickstarter and he's getting thousands via Patreon.

I don't understand, Holla Forums.
It's like getting cucked by your girlfriend but you still spend all your free time stalking her online after she dumped you for tyrone.

You're not even harassing him because it's entirely contained within these threads.
So what the fuck is the point anymore?

Holla Forums is a common place people choose to vent nonstop about things they don't like. We're the ultimate cuckolds in that sense

Fuck, that explains so much.

HOURLY REMINDER TO STOP SUPPORTING TRIPFAGS BECAUSE SHIT IT'S FORGOTTEN A LOT