3DS CFW + Homebrew Thread

INSTALLATION GUIDE
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>How do I get homebrew and prepare for CFW?
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher.
>9.0 or under:
Find a way to load Decrypt9 on your version (MSET For 4.x or 6.x, most likely browser otherwise): github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) then proceed normally.
>9.0-9.2:
Follow the guide as normal.
>9.3-9.8:
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade as normal then proceed normally.
>O3DS 9.9-10.3:
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
>N3DS 9.9-10.1:
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Install menuhax immediately afterwards.
>10.3-10.7:
Browserhax and menuhax are usable.
>11.0:
You can not run any CFW
Downgrading is now possible with hardmod, or with software ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A 3DS WITH CFW. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.
Homebrew is accessible with Browser/Menuhax.
>11.1:
You can not run any CFW
Everything from 11.0 applies, but browserhax and menuhax have been patched, so no more homebrew either without freakyforms or otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
archive.is/SsDyf
gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
3ds.titlekeys.com/
3dsiso.com/
3dschaos.com/
3ds.titlekeys.com
3ds.jdbye.com/
my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
pastebin.com/8yF7aBBb
archive.fo/FW5AX
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
nintendolife.com/games/3ds/river_city_tokyo_rumble
gbatemp.net/threads/released-moflex-player.400053/
gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
gbatemp.net/threads/magikarp-custom-splash-screens-thread.410948/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-yet-another-theme-application-plus-yata-3ds-theme-editor.393355/
loadiine.ovh/
pastebin.com/A1s8cmsD
gateway-3ds.com/private-beta-program/
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/263394-cia-mediafire-persona-dlc-current-dlc.html
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage
3dsiso.com/nintendo-3ds-help/276905-dlc-extraction-repacking.html?276905-DLC-Extraction-and-Repacking=#post434240
mega.nz/#!OII1yAAL!M8jM2HqKMyGTPx5TreyYtABvzgZ1CJ2X_LPk7S_P41A
r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.3
mangahere.co/manga/how_i_stalked_some_dude_with_an_exposed_nipple_and_stumbled_upon_the_zenithian_sword/
gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-shin-megami-tensei-devil-summoner-undub.443011/
mega.nz/#F!IhgTwTyT!oM_CiFqVE7Z69R146onH3Q
mega.nz/#F!et1lFCRC!EFldVjzKFHMaxv89lXWSDg
mega.nz/#F!LxUVRA4R!u4shTiHA6t9JhfrbHJt2YQ
mega.nz/#F!NZxHXTiR!Cjl0EEW-wRJ827QjZFsHQg
mega.nz/#F!tIQVDYAb!KKrPjMmG2admGLH9L5gEBg
mega.nz/#F!BYo2ETrI!ZLr4RdFPaQx65VbUJNFKpg
mega.nz/#F!A1l3mJoD!lt5Pl3Zp2g2SL-r1oW-zwA
mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng
mega.nz/#!DY1FTCzA!J2xkcsiGho9RihReZV2ABXJcLyIlQ4Q-M8UfARP0tTw
mega.nz/#!PYwhVSbL!_tSRXtODEnl9Tt6g7buvcAoBma2zxHC1DY7JvFUOQQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Frequently Asked Questions
>CFW??!?¿?
Luma3DS is the most popular CFW and supports A9LH, as well as having a number of features such as Region Free, Language Emulation, Automatic AGB_FIRM patching, Automatic flash cart unblocking, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching (Special features for romhacks) and more.
Reinand appears to still be worked on, but the creator has indicated that they want to work privately from now on. Reinand also supports Region Free, Auto-Update blocking, RO Patching, and more.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For more detailed info about each CFWs feature set, go here: gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
>Is updating my emuNAND safe and/or can I update on A9LH?
Yes, you should always stay up to date.
>Installing Luma3DS/Updating from rxTools
Using the links below, get the latest version of luma. copy the luma.dat to the root of your SD card, as well as the and 3ds folder. If you're using a bootmanager simply make an entry in the boot.cfg. This will allow you to load luma through the homebrew launcher.
On first boot, hold select to open the menu, and check "show current nand in system settings" as well as "enable region emulation", and if you like the gba boot screen you can enable that as well.
>What's a .CIA?
CIA stands for CTR Importable Archive, where CTR stands for the codename of the 3ds. In simpler terms, a .cia is simply an installable package you can launch from your homescreen.
>What's emu/sysNAND?
sysNAND is the core system files that your 3DS uses, including the Home Menu and system titles such as the browser and system settings. emu/redNAND are a cloned version of this that runs off of your SD card instead of the built-in chip on your 3DS.
>What is Arm9LoaderHax?
Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH is an entrypoint for booting into emu or sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation requires a one-time downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image. If you're familiar with the Wii, it's similar to BootMii or Priiloader.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
>Can I upgrade SD Cards/Can I use 64GB+ SD Cards?
The 3DS can support any SD card formatted FAT32. You can do this on your 3DS using emunand9, or you can use tools like this: gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-use-a-64gb-micro-sdxc-in-your-sdhc-compliant-flash-cart.335912/
Yes, you can transfer your files to a larger SD if you desire. On A9LH you need only copy your files to the larger SD. If you're on emuNAND there's a more detailed process:
First, backup all your old SD Card's files, and make an emunand dump with Emunand9. Hit eject, insert your new SD card, go to SD Format Options, and do format (minsize) if using rednand. If unsure, just do format (emunand default). This creates a partition on your New SD and formats it correctly.
Restore your emunand onto your new SD card and then copy all of your files off, you've successfully upgraded your SD.
>Can I play original DS Roms?
Not without a flashcart. SD Loading is on the way, but there's no real expected timeline.
>What Flashcart should I get?
The cheapest and best option is the r4i 3ds: modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html Avoid r4i-SDHCs. Their firmware is on a timer and the card will brick itself in a year so you have to buy a new one. The Menu is slow, and if you get a replacement for it it causes compatibility issues.

ROMS WHERE
Disregard .3ds rom dumps - this is a format for flash carts and citra only.
Downloading roms directly from nintendo is possible, and recommended as a first approach before visiting external sources, excluding the obvious such as romhacks.
If you would like to download roms direct from nintendo's servers on your 3ds you can use freeshop: github.com/Cruel/freeShop/releases After installing, open freeshop, go to Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc or visit 3ds.titlekeys.com on your computer and click the QR button, then Scan.
on your PC you can also generate FBI-Scannable QR codes by visiting 3ds.titlekeys.com/ and clicking on a title, then clicking the generate QR button.
3dsiso.com/ and 3dschaos.com/ are the most commonly used sites for finding roms.
You can search for titles on 3ds.titlekeys.com and you can view the completion here: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now) If you own a game on eShop that's marked in red for your region, consider submitting it.
>Can I dump a cart to a .cia?
Previously dumping carts was a pain in the ass, but decrypt9 can now dump carts directly to cia easily.
>How does 3ds.titlekeys.com/ get keys?
The encTitleKeys site most commonly used is dependent on user submissions. If you own an eshop title that isn't available on 3ds.titlekeys.com/ you can add it yourself for all to download.
Using Decrypt9, go to titlekey options, then titlekey decrypt for your respective nand. This will dump a decTitleKeys.bin, which is different than an encTitleKeys.bin. you can submit it to the website, where it will be added.
You can create an encTitleKeys dump using Titlekey Dump. The site doesn't take these, but the file will be usable for anyone with freeshop or ciangel.
Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/tfjekz.zip
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Luma3DS Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/Hamcha/lumaupdate/releases
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Updated BootNTR: github.com/astronautlevel2/BootNTR/releases
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
3DSISO Account: user: eightvee pass: veeeightbunker
3DSChaos Account: user: eightvee pass: eightveebunker
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/8yF7aBBb
Last Thread: archive.fo/FW5AX

I've tried everything and freeshop keeps giving me the wrong title key. Should I delete freeshop, delete the freeshop folder and try again?

what do you have in the update section in fresshop's settings? You may need to. Remember that freeshop's folder is in the /3ds/ folder.

Did it work?

Because I swear to you, blowing on my DS's shoulder buttons is how I fixed mine.

Besides Mario Maker, Pikmin, Wooly World, and Sun/Moon, which games should I put on my 3DS? I have approximately 20 slots left until I reach the 300 limit and I can delete some games.
Also post Home Menus

Good taste.
Wait for Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack to come out. And try any of these That I haven't tried myself but look mighty interesting
Aeterno Blade, 1001 spiker, Xeodrifter, SADAME, Radiohammer, Story of seasons, Attack of the Friday Monster, Johnny's payday panic, Moco Moco Friends, Fairune, Excave 2, Parascientific escape.

How do I take home menu screenshots now that NTR doesn't work? In any case, I'll keep shilling my boot screen.

BootNTR has been updated so you can use it again. That said, if you hold Y you can take screenshots of top, bottom, or both screens, that's just included with the 3ds' original firmware, no in-game screenshots though.

Don't hate, sadly only 16gb storage, and a few days it was worst, only 8gb.

Charge your damn DS user

No, thinking of just opening the back and cleaning it out

Ah, that's a shame. But yeah I guess at this point you may as well try doing that.

Why?

You can never be too unprepared

Can Drayano's hacks Rising Ruby and Sinking Sapphire work on CakesFW?

no, not if they have the RO patches. I don't know if cakes does those with new nightlies yet or not.

Battery is fucked on my DS, user, I can't disconnect it for 15 minutes or it drains half the battery. It doesn't help that I play max backlight, no screen protect and max 3D. Shit eats the batter. I want to replace my O3DS with a N3DS anyway..

Feels good abstaining from the 3ds and picking it up last August. I probably would have felt massively Jew'd upgrading to a n3ds XL from an o3ds instead of a DSi. I remember when I got my DSi I traded in my DSLite to get a discount. Did any stores do a similar thing with DSi → 3ds or o3ds → n3ds?

SD card loading progress?

I remember that some stores did it when the N3DS come out

I traded in a DSi XL for the Original 3DS around launch, it was only $50 after the trade in

Whoops, meant for

For the user who was looking for Fire Emblem If's Special Edition, it's up on the Volafile

And I just realized said Volafile's not in the OP, so

volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Have the methods for GBA Virtual console injection changed since all these new CFWs started up?

not really. you don't have to do any nand fixing if you use luma+a9lh, but injecting the roms is the same as it's always been.

KUNIO-KUN SOON.

what?

Wait, there's a game limit?

Didn't you realized too that Volafile is shit ?

Senran Kagura 2

Thanks.

yes, there's a hard 300 title limit to the 3ds. If you install any more than that they disappear from the home menu, though you can still launch them using FBI.

Don't bother, it's just baby's first visual novel with some light card mini games. Cute story, though. It's 3 or so hours long.

nintendolife.com/games/3ds/river_city_tokyo_rumble

It's the easier alternative right now. Altough, at this point? Why the fuck we don't have a torrent with a collecion of .cia?

There should be a way to get past that point. Filling the home menu should be nice.

Why? It's free, and if it's short even better.

I think the luma team is looking at it but clearly it's not that easy or it would be done by now.

Any1 used freeshop to download themes yet? Is it worth it?

Sorry I didn't read carefully enough. No I don't know of any .moflex conversion tools, at least not now.

gbatemp.net/threads/released-moflex-player.400053/

There's a player that might've gone ahead to an encoder but the last commit was April.

finally got around to hacking my old3ds but hit a snag at the FBI injection portion of the process. I've followed the guide to the letter but when I open the H&S application it just runs as normal rather than FBI.

Any clue to how I'm fucking this up?

After patching hs.app on your computer, did you remember to inject FBI_inject_with_banner.app? Once you install FBI as standalone the guide says to re-inject with the original hs.app, so maybe you skipped the FBI injection and went straight to the end?

stupid flag

kill me
Downloading themes gives me a message about importing content, then downloading to the same point, then crashing my console. Same for the Spirit of Justice DLC.

Anyways, you can just get the themes ripped from 3dsiso, plus custom ones.

How does one install the DLC for the fan-translated Fire Emblem if?

What FW does a new N3DS come with?

I have all the files for it right now. I'll post instructions later

Mine standard black one was 10.7

Sometimes the process fails. Just try injecting FBI into your hs.app and injecting the output again.

I'm still on Cakes and if I update on 11.1 (i'm on 11.0) on my emunand, it basically means i lose access to homebrew and NTR right?

definitely remembered to reinject and got the successful message from it too. I've re-done the FBI part three times with positives in every section until the actual time to run H&S and I just get the usual screen instead of FBI.

I'll keep trying then, thanks for the tips anons

So I currently use Rxtools and FBI, what advantage is there in changing to the alternatives?

Is there a guide specifying the steps for changing?

Cuck and homebrew have been updated for 11.1
Also upgrade to a9lh already, faggot

Luma has some protections so Nintendo can't bork you in the event of some anti-CFW update (that at this point is purely hypothetical), also supports A9LH if you're into that. Newest builds of FBI are good for installing anything you please though if you use Socketpunch you'll need to update that. Otherwise you can use Freeshop to download shit (DLC and update data included) from Nintendo's own servers.

Changing from RxTools to Luma is just dumping Luma into your homebrew folder and then running it, same as RxTools. Runs off the same emunand partition. Freeshop can be installed as a cia, and after that you just need to scan a QR code since for no particularly good reason they made loading local title-keys convoluted.

There is no real reason to switch from FBI other than preference. Check the OP for rxtools

thanks. maybe in the future when cakes supports stop. its just too bothersome at the moment, i'll probably do it after i get tired of mhx

Process updated, amigo
It has never been easier or faster.

fuckkk no luck on the FBI inject still. Is there something I could have done wrong earlier in the process that's coming back to haunt me now?

Just not sure where I'm going wrong: hs.app dumps successfully from hourglass, then I yank the SD card, grab the FBI.cia from fbi.zip and put it and hs.app into the /input/ folder of the UIG and run go.bat which creates the FBI_inject_with_banner.app - again, no error messages or explicit problems.

Then I copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to /files9/, put the SD card back in, boot into hourglass, and then Health&Safety inject FBI_inject_with_banner.app - again successfully.

But when I reboot I still just see the H&S traffic cone that opens into the regular H&S application. Trying to troubleshoot this but hitting a wall. Should I delete hs.app from /files9/? Should the FBI_inject be on the root of the SD instead?

FBI_Inject_with_Banner.app is actually FBI packaged for H&S, if you've been injecting hs.app you've just been injecting the same thing over and over.

What the other user said, are you sure you're selecting to inject FBI in decrypt9? If you are try the rizon.

I'm on Section 6 of the guide, which is to remove FBI from the H&S app I'm assuming, but I don't have a hs.app because I didn't dump it earlier, since I was restoring my emuNAND with FBI already injected.
Is restoring H&S necessary, or can I skip it? If not, how do I proceed from here?

Definitely selecting FBI in decrypt and not the hs.app when it comes to injecting the FBI_inject_with_banner.app
I'll have to hop onto the irc and troubleshoot this with the kindness of strangers. I'm stumped and tried a dozen different things but no luck.
Just not sure where I'm fucking up the inject process since I'm following the guide to the letter.

My HnS app still has the FBI skin on the dashboard. Is this anything to worry about, or just go about my day still. It's just the icon, the banner is HnS still.

You don't need to restore H&S and there's absolutely no downside in skipping that, unless you consider not having H&S a downside.

You can try to flash NAND with FBI already injected.

Read above. It doesn't matter.

Alright, thank you.

Sup, author of MegaTen undubs on 3DS here, I need a little help.
I'm currently working on undubbing SMT4 and Apocalypse properly (finally with undubbed moflex cutscenes too thanks to decrypter by some guy from GBAtemp and the encoder from Nintendo's SDK) but that's beside the point.

What I need help with is unpacking/decrypting DLCs for Persona Q so I can undub those DLCs.

A lot has changed since I undubbed stuff and it seems a lot easier now (went through A9LH yesterday as well to get up to speed), basically I'm using HackingToolkit3DS to unpack the .CIA with DLCs but that gives me a bunch of files called "DecryptedApp.0003.00000003", "DecryptedApp.0004.00000004" etc (pic related).

Anyone know how do I go about decrytping/unpacking each one of them and then also repacking them once I'm done swapping files?

Hope someone will be able to help.

NANI!?

Those packages are extracted from the cia with ctrtool, you should be able to get romfs using 3dstool.

If you want a gui give ba-gui-nner tool a try, it'll do that for you.

Funnily enough, I already figured out how to unpack them with the HackingToolkit3DS.exe one, FS1 option (NCCH partition extraction), then RomFS and then point it to the decryptedappblabla file.

Repacking seems to be done with repack RomFS option.

Anyhow now I need a save for Persona Q, preferably later in the game when you can switch navigators from DLC. Anyone got one? For US region that is.

Also

Hey man you still there? I'll need your help after all, namely with repacking this shit.

What's the current state of NDS loading?

seconding this question because I'm just getting into this and I don't want to buy a r4 card tfor ds games

I've not used asia81s pack before, I've only ever used ba-gui-nner tool. It's less of a mess in my opinion.

I tried baguinner and it doesn't output anything when I try to extract the CIA.

I know the DQ7 localization is fucked (it's a DQ game, what do you expect), and I also know someone patched the music back the the original orchestrated version instead of the midishit of the version we got. But what I want to know is whether or not anyone can unfuck the lag with a patch? Has anyone even tried? Because how the fuck did the localization team fuck up that badly? It's to the point where I don't even want to pirate it because of that.

What lag?

the same as the last thread: efforts are being made, nothing truly feasable yet. when NDS loading through SD storage is fully realized, you'll be told. Just be patient until then.

when you go to the tools and open it there should be popups that ask you to point at the contents.

Okay, got it. What next?

It works for homebrew stuff, but that's it. gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/
Also if you make something, please upload the CIA.

go to projects, cia, and the folder will be the name of your cia. after that there'll be a folder with the romfs and exefs visible. Make your changes and then when you're done just hit the big build button.

Erm, I don't think it's supposed to be like this since it looks no different from the DecryptedApp shit from the other tool.

Apparently in battle there's a noticeable lag when doing basically any stuff involving a menu? I heard this second hand in a Dragon Quest 7 thread the other day, they even posted a video. Sadly I can't seem to find any info on it at the moment, I guess it doesn't matter. Maybe putting the N3DS into overclock mode would fix it somehow? I dunno, I'll have to figure it out another time when I have more info.

you didn't get the popup, this is what your steps should end up looking like.

But I did get the popup, but it only asked for rom.0000.00000000 which is a 116kb file. It didn't ask for ANY of the other files as seen here

Your steps are for a game, I'm asking for steps for DLC, DLC is vastly different from a game and that's why I'm having this fucking problem in the fucking first place.

oh, I was assuming you were doing it for a game. If you're doing it for a DLC I've got no fucking advice for you, all this shit is crazy nonsense. Figure out CTRTool + 3DSTool.

Great, so you couldn't even read what I was doing. Why the fuck can't you people even read, it's not hard.

I wish someone knew how to do this bullshit because some fags clearly repack fucking DLCs so they could put in minimal fucking effort and write a bloody guide for that shit.

Yes I mad.

Ask the guy who translated Bravely Default + DLC. Sorry for being a moron.

Who is that guy? Care to spoonfeed me to his profile or something?

Can you view stuff from all regions in Freeshop? Because that would be mighty convenient for downloading DLC for off region cartridges.

Where do I get this? And is there one for Risky? How do I make one if there isn't?

Just follow the instructions here:

gbatemp.net/threads/magikarp-custom-splash-screens-thread.410948/

is for the splash screen. To make your own theme, use YATA+

gbatemp.net/threads/release-yet-another-theme-application-plus-yata-3ds-theme-editor.393355/

MH: Big Guys Edition is worth it
also also a very good emulation machine for older nintendo games.

20 bux isn't a lot to hand over. I'd say it's also better than SD loading since you can transfer it from DS to DS more easily.

what did they record it on? o3ds or n3ds?

Welcome to 3ds hombrew general, where no one reads anything. Not even the OP.

I currently have a n3ds with A9LH with 11.0 firmware. Should I update to 11.1?

I sure hope you're not implying there's a guide for this shit in the OP because there isn't. It was the first thing I checked.

Yeah, I just updated and things are fine. Just make sure that luma is on the latest version to be safe.

I'm not
Anons like you that have problems outside of what is written in the OP and its followups are rare.

Of course, luma has update protection.

I've been checking out how to install Arm9LoaderHax and i don't know if its worth it (already have Emu+Luma but no e-shop because i cant accept the agreement).
Another thing is i have my SD nearly filled with games, will this raise the size of the emunand backup?

The emunand will always be 1-2gb, the problem comes when you backup your whole SD, since the games are actually there, in the Nintendo 3DS folder.During the process you have to backup your whole SD, and then copy all the content again, which with a full SD can take some time.

It's worth it, tho.

It is. Using A9LH lets you use sysNAND safely, so you don't need to sacrifice 1.5GB for emuNAND. A9LH also has great recovery options and the process to install it recently got even better.

I strongly recommend you back up your stuff and get onto it. The install process requires space on the SD card for NAND dumps.

i've been thinking of moving to a9lh as well since i'm still at cakes. From the plailect guide, I should start at Part 2 right?

If you're at 9.2.0 and can run decrypt9 then yes.

Start at Step 1, as all it details is getting Decrypt9 going, and most homebrew users who just want games won't know how to do that off the bat.

I just wanted to make sure that I'm getting everything right but, all of this applies to the N3DS and the N3DS XL, along with the non new versions right? I just picked up a N3DS (non XL) and since those are a little hard to come by I just wanted to check.

I got 10.7 on my N3DS when I bought it, so I should just follow the guide on github right? Nothing different (besides paying attention to any N3DS specific things in the guide). N3DS and N3DS XL use the same firmware and hax right?

Yes, N3DS and N3DS XL use the same firmware, same with O3DS, O3DS and 2DS. Just follow the N3DS guide and you're set I'm pretty jealous, I'd like to get a regular N3DS as well

My brother stupidly updated his system to 11.1, but mine is still sitting in 11.0 and able to run homebrew.
Can I use my system to prepare an entrypoint for him, like oothax or something?

Anyone tried Pokemon Bank with this? I have FBI on Gateway, and that's pretty much the main thing that would make me want to switch.

Not official pokebank, but there's PkeHaxBank or something like that. More useful than the actual pokemon bank anyway.

When you say "able to run homebrew" do you mean A9LH?

Yes, though he hasn't implemented cartridge title support yet.

Shouldn't matter, DQ7 came out back in 2013, a good year and a half before the New 3DS came out.

Hey friends. Anyone have any idea about Wii U modding here?

I don't want to pay for Tokyo Mirage Sessions and I wanna try the uncensor patch.

I'm lovin this shit hoo boy

Sorry, I missed the last thread.

Oh, guess I'll just either install DLC manually or just download said game on freeshop and download DLC for that.

no, I mean old fashioned menuhax. Never downgraded because I thought it was too complex after I got 11.0

Doesn't help that GBAtemp and 3DSISO are ignoring me as well

I just want to fucking repack DLCs, why the fuck can't anyone share the secret with me cause I know niggers repack DLCs into bigger packages.

I'd help, but I don't even know what you mean by "repack" let alone how to do it.

Read the thread.
Long story story, trying to undub Persona Q DLCs, got them extracted and files swapped but now I need to repack this entire thing back into NCCH partitions and then back into CIA but I don't know how.

you put some shit on an sd card and go to loadiine.ovh/ on your wii u's browser

go to gbatemp and find the pinned topic about it in the wii u section

I used asia81's packhack to extract and repack shit for pokemon mods so I don't know what to do for your situation but here's this pastebin.com/A1s8cmsD

It doesn't work for DLC.

Try to get in contact with the Team If guys, they're doing The Great Attorney now but they had to have done something to make that repacked translated DLC.

Good idea

Got it installed but i still can't enter eshop due to error error 022-2634.
Is there any other method that doesn't require formatting everything?

Where did you get the .cia for microsd manager? All I found was a gbatemp thread where the op says "can't share!" Is it a .3dsx converted to .cia?

Is there a homebrew transfer program from Gen 5?

I have a question about this portion of the guide, listed in Part 1. It says"

"The two columns of the chart refer to the last number of your version (which corresponds to the browser version installed to the system). If the version is -0 then you do not have a browser, while any number above -0 indicates a browser is installed."

I don't have my N3DS yet but I'd like to get every prepared. So, if its firmware ends in -0 then there is no browser installed, but in any non -0 firmware it has a browser? Does this only mean that there is no actual browser, or that hax are not supported?

If my N3DS comes in the main with no browser, is it okay to sign into the eshop and download freakyforms? Should I just wait and order a physical copy of freakyforms or cubic ninja? Are N3DS's shipping without browsers a thing? I made sure to pick up a N3DS with a serial number known to the community so that I could tell what firmware it ships. I know it ships with 10.7, but that is all.

there's no way to do that right now, poke transfer uses some weird DSi stuff for that, the guy who made phbank said he was going to work on it but nobody really knows.

your new 3ds should come with a browser, but if you have one with -0 that means no browser, not no *hax. You can't go on the eshop without updating so you definitely shouldn't do that.

browser+menuhax work on 11.0, not on 11.1. Daily reminder if you had downgraded you wouldn't have to think about that at all.

Praise the FreeShop, if only the western localizations weren't cancer
I still have to downlaod undubs and fan patches from the PC

Couple questions since haven't went to check githubs or shit.

How's emu progress coming along? We anywhere ever near a functioning PS1 emu? Even a PoC N64 like the PSP?

Have any of the ports been updated? DOOM running mods yet? Quake got its CD audio?

Anyone actually tried Quake online on the 3DS?

I get you, man. I think I'll hunt down the english patch for FE if's Conquest to see if I can get some enjoyment out of it. I wish Freeshop could also deal in undubs, but it's doing a nice job so far.

Maybe someone will make a torrenting client for the 3ds

FreeShop has proper JP versions for the Fire Emblem games too, as well as a few others. The selection will get better as time goes by too.

Would it be possible to apply patches to games downloaded directly through freeshop? I haven't bothered to check where it stores the files, let alone if they're .cias.

I dun goofed and didn't realize I needed to decrypt my Gateway saves before going on A9LH.

Can I decrypt them on A9LH somehow? Like, for example, is there a way to launch Gateway's payload on A9LH and then decrypt the saves this way or something?

Freeshop installs shit the exact same way the eshop does, I think.

PQ DLC undubbing guy here, some small progress, figured out how to extract them PROPERLY by reverse engineering Asia81's toolkit for CIA extraction

Now I need to apply same kind of logic to reversing his CIA rebuilder and we're set.

Doing gods work user.

which is what I have.

I want to use the 11 menuhax to prep a oot card as an entry point dumping the exploit save into the card with homebrew. I just want to know if said card, after being prepared, will work in 11.1

Just upgrade to a9lh.

Thank you user for doing what ATLUS should have done from the beginning.

Right now I'm figuring out how to repack the CIA.
Already managed to repack the partitions.
All that's left is the CIA itself and I'm done here.

monhun isn't loading for me anymore.

I updated the system using lumaupdater, and now all i get is a black screen after the nintendo logo. all other installed games work, so does devmenu but the hblauncher also loads into a black screen.

to be honest, my sd card is messy with a lot of stuff that i'm unsure of mostly files left over from the old rxtools method

can i just make a copy of my emunand, along with a nand backup using emunand tool. follow plailect's guide for a9lh (since my sysnand is still 9.2), and reinsert my old emunand after I've completed everything?

it should, but you need to download and install the 11.1 payload specifically (if that's available yet).

glad to see you figured it out, sorry I misread the first time.

any cia is the same as downloading from eshop, if the title matches then you can get the updates for them. Freeshop can download updates within itself as well.

you can launch gateway beta 4.2b with an arm9loaderhax.bin payload, just copy the launcher.dat and download their arm9loaderhax.bin from the website: gateway-3ds.com/private-beta-program/

You can dual boot (I think) with ctrbootmanager9 to use luma and gateway, if you want as well, but be careful because gateway's has no protection at all so whenever an update comes out you'll want to update using luma.

That very thing is detailed in the Plailect guide.

lumaupdater does that, if you just download the latest luma (or the old version you had) and copy it to the SD it should work.

LumaUpdater is outdated, isn't it? You should be using StarUpdater.

So uh….

Famous last words if I ever heard 'em.

Pls don't jinx it, currently installing PQ on my 3DS, DLC will follow.

StarUpdater fell behind. I was using it for a while and after luma 6.2 came out it started breaking installs, and to avoid people having to unscrew the back of their new 3ds' like me I changed it in the OP, and switched myself.

good luck.

What DLC did PQ have?

Personas and navigators.

Orpheus Telos, Magatsu Izanagi, Thanatos and Kaguya (Marie's Persona) were DLC. Then there's Theodore, Margaret, Elizabeth, Marie and Nanako navigators.

You are truly doing god's work, user.

I really fucking hope it ends up working.

Godspeed, son of man

Thanks man. I feel retarded for not checking there earlier. I guess I'm just so used to getting all my info from here.

What does new 3DS tend to have as firmware when you buy it sealed from a store?

got my n3ds XL at 10.7
few threads back some user said that the brand spanking new mario n3ds was also at 10.7
I think a used 3ds has a higher chance of being at v11, really.

Ok, I don't think I fucked up with the DLC but for some reason I can't test.

I just tried completely untouched Persona Q (USA) cia with untouched DLC cia and the DLC doesn't seem to be working ingame.

I'm on A9LH with latest Luma on 11.1

Anyone know what could be the cause of DLC not working?

bad dump?

why?

Grabbed DLC from here which was original source for them so I don't think so.

3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/263394-cia-mediafire-persona-dlc-current-dlc.html

if your 3ds isn't USA region you need to use Region emulation with it. Luma has a region patch on the home menu but it can't do anything with the DLC until you set up region emulation.

What the shit.

I never needed to do that kind of stuff with Gateway, it ran USA rom and their corresponding USA DLCs no question asked.

Can you spoonfeed me steps of what I need to do and how?

So name it
and put
inside

Well, just followed this:

Yeah just did that and it still doesn't work. Do I need to install the DLC again after doing this?

try doing that. If you open the eshop it likes to delete DLC too.

Make sure you turn on the setting in Luma's settings I fucked that part up before. However I've also had some games where it just didn't work.

Nah I don't use eshop since I remember that deleting DLCs in the past. Though I think the problem may be that I just didn't enable the region emulation feature inside Luma's boot menu, since I just noticed it's there and isn't ticked. I assumed this function was passive and didn't need need manual enabling after doing the txt thingy. Will report back in a moment.

AND IT WORKS NOW. FUCKING HELL.

Time to install my repacked undubbed DLC now then and see if that works.

let us roll dubs in the name of Kek to bring this dear user good fortune

Nice

we must never lose faith

Still installing, I just wanna say thanks for at least replying since fags on gbatemp and 3dsiso couldn't even bother to do that.

3dsiso is a shitheap, your message probably didn't even get cleared because they manually check everything you post for the first like thirty posts, and it takes a day and a half for them to even do that.

Praise kek!

Nah the thread is up, I've got more than 30 posts there.

3dsiso.com/nintendo-3ds-help/276905-dlc-extraction-repacking.html?276905-DLC-Extraction-and-Repacking=#post434240

GBAtemp is too busy masturbating to Waifu Shitblem though.

and gbatemp has it's own set of equally, if not shittier problems.

forgot my favorite

GENTLEMEN

THE KEK HAS SPOKEN

THE UNDUBBED DLC IS WORKING

GONNA UPLOAD NOW.

danque, did you find a guide to unpack+repack dlc or did you figure it out on your own? If so, if you shit a half-decent guide out I can include it in the OP for you.

we really should try to focus as much resources/knowledge of 3ds hacking and stuff into this thread via pastebin and mega. To end the need of going into those websites for answers

kekspeed!

also attentionwhores and moralfags on a fucking hacking forum

I suppose know is as good as any other time to start trying smt & persona. Anything I should know or do to best enjoy the series?

Figured it out on my own because nobody who had the skills wanted to help, with a bit of brainstorming motivation from 2 friends of mine that know jack shit about 3DS though.

I'm so fucking glad this is working.

Tomorrow I'll see about getting EU DLC and repacking those as well just in case people don't wanna fuck around with region shit and Luma.

Persona Q is not a good entry point, it's a crossover sidequel to Persona 3 and Persona 4 that expects you to have played through both of those.
I'd say Persona 3 FES is best starting point for the "newer" Personas, while Persona 2 Duology on PS1 (Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, the latter is a direct sequel to the former) is best entry point for the older ones.

SMT4 is fully self contained though so you can start with that one. Other good starting points are SMT3 on PS2 or SMT Strange Journey on DS.

But holy shit I can't stress enough how happy I am right now after good 20 hours of fighting with this shit if not more.

I try to keep the OP up to date but the issue with making these guides is that a month or two down the road they usually end up obsolete (see the rxtools installation guide from January that's been long gone for a while now), plus after 3 posts people stop reading the OP at all. It's hard enough to get them to read three with bold fucking letters. To an extent though, I try to distill it to the point where people can avoid going to gbatemp where possible because it really is pretty shit, it serves a purpose to an extent though.

Persona is a dating sim with an rpg layer on top. I always failed to do grinding in P4G and P3P and it fucked me over. I don't know how Q is but if it's anything like the other two you do need to grind at least sometimes in the whatever procedural dungeon is in that game.

yeah it's pretty stupid to bitch about piracy while installing CFW on your 3DS, "muh homebrew" is a weakass argument.

PQ just throws whatever minimal character development those cardboard caricatures you call protagonists from P3 and P4 down the toilet, doesn't matter just enjoy the dungeon crawling and fusion.

Also play the P2 duology.

SMT4 sounds like a good idea

that doesn't sound very fun

what about other games of the dungeon crawling genre? I know Entrian Odyssey and Rune Factory are on free shop. Would they be good for getting into dungeon crawling as well?

you might not like part of it then, Persona 4 was basically a waifu game, have you not seen the "no marie, no buy" user before?

Might wanna wait a day or two for me to finish undubbing the cutscenes, my old undub didn't have them undubbed since it wasn't possible to encode moflex videos back then, but it is now.

Also for those that wanted it, here's Persona Q DLC Undubbed:
mega.nz/#!OII1yAAL!M8jM2HqKMyGTPx5TreyYtABvzgZ1CJ2X_LPk7S_P41A

Best enjoyed together with my PQ Undub obviously, you can find links to it on 3DSISO.

Also
It's not a dating sim, he's full of shit. What it has is a social link mechanic that was introduced starting with Persona 3. It revolves around daily routine where you can advance side quests and socialize with people around town, with optional romances with some of them if you want, but at night time you've got the dungeons and the combat part of the gameplay.

It's hard to describe and you'd better see it for yourself.

Oh and that DLC is in no way "properly" repacked since I have no idea how to do it proper, but it works. Basically if you go to 3DS settings and Addon content it will be listed as "?" with "0" blocks size, but don't worry as it's working fine.

I'm sure some fag on 3DSISO will eventually steal it from me and repack it himself "properly".

Sounds a lot like a Dating Sim

I have
but I recall P3 being held much more highly than P4

how bad is the dub?

Persona 3 was less about that, at least with my experience with P3P. It was pretty solid. I enjoyed both decently but if you don't want to social link you're not gonna have fun with about a quarter or so of the game.

Rune Factory is an action rpg with farming life simulation.

They're both shit but I hated P3 more. Just play what you want to play though.

Your pic is not how Persona works or plays at all.
Also stay away from P3P (Persona 3 Portable) as it's not meant to be played first as it removed a ton of content in the downgrade to handheld format.

Just look up P3FES gameplay on Youtube to get an idea.
Also PQ is radically different from P3 and P4 since it focuses on dungeon crawling and story, no social links tuff. It's more of an Etrian Odyssey reskin.

I know, I just wanted an excuse to post that pic.
Still, I played P3 for a while before drooping it mostly because I forgot about it and dating sim" isn't that far off.for a description. It just isn't the main focus of the game and the gameplay is actually pretty nice.
I also must be the only person who liked SMT Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha games.

P3P got me into the series, it's not a terrible start.

Not at all, I prefer the older Megaten games as well as Raidou over P3 and P4.
Soul Hackers is still probably my all time favourite thoough.

Just because you got into the series this way doesn't mean you should advocate others to do so as well as it's a really awful entry point and the worst version of P3 by far.

That can be an interesting mix

oh I'm sorry oh wise one

thanks

i wasn't sure if using emuandtool would make any difference.

r4ids.cn/buy-r4i-e.htm Can you tell me which one to get as all the sites are chinky as hell and I don't want to deal with getting a dead rat in a box or something.

Every Persona has pretty much the same tone, people just won't accept that the old ones were just as anime-inspired as the new ones.

4 has undeniably simpler mechanics however, so if complex gameplay is really what you want, then it might not satisfy. You can always crank up the difficulty and it should do fine however.

For USA, use modchipsdirect. They ship from America. nds-card.com is supposed to be decent too.

Thank you I deleted my post because I realized it was answered in op already sorry!

hey guys just wanted to say that pokemon sun/moon is gonna start shipping to stores next week, if any of you guys work at walmart then you're gonna see them first, try to swipe or at least dump the games for us

I would try for myself, but the warehouse is really tight with security and not a single product can be out of place for too long without anyone noticing and an investigation being launched

do it nigger.

pirates win again baby

i'm a little pussy that doesn't want legal action taken against me and my family by a massive corporation
the most likely circumstance is I lose my job, the pay is shit the hours are shit the work is shit and i can pick something up just like it

it would be way easier to wait a week and have a retail employee find some 'damaged product' in the electronics storage area…

maybe i should get a job at walmart for a week…

everyone loses, it's the ultimate win

forgot to add in that i just don't want to chance it, due to me being the little pussy that i am

Where do you work?

also there's a new version of Luma3DS.
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v6.3

I will not say directly because I like to retain plausible deniability, but with the information I have given you there is only one place in the entire world where I could work.

A single warehouse assembles and supplies all nintendo products to the entirety of north and south america. I had a hand in the approval of the final design for the NA box art of sun/moon (now we are down to like 5-10 people) before they were sent to the printers, then production, then packaging, then shipping. We actually worked earlier today to start prepping for the craziness next week of the release of a primary pokemon game.

Do you think they'd force in more memes or sjw shit? I'd assume they'd be more careful with something as big as pokemon, but Treehouse these days get no leeway with me.

I'm 50/50 on getting a 3DS only to hax it to play translated RPGs and non-pozzed games BECAUSE of Treehouse and their nasty ilk. I tried to play Dragon Quest 5 for DS (to understand more of that stupidly-titled manga that takes place during DQV) and when I saw the horrific "accents" in the text, NOOOOPE, and looked up a translation patch for the Super Famicom version instead.
The manga?
How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword
mangahere.co/manga/how_i_stalked_some_dude_with_an_exposed_nipple_and_stumbled_upon_the_zenithian_sword/

It's actually pretty fucking good.

You can just buy the game and then dump the .cia, user, technically they don't have to be an ass about it, you buy the game from them.

He can't buy the game directly from the warehouse 2 months before release…

WarehouseAnon, do you know when the EU copies ship, by any chance? I enjoy having the correct region on my system.

I don't know anything about actual development, I'm just production.

That's two months from now, the employee store only gives it to us like 2-3 days early.

Nope! NoA never talks to NoE.

doing a9lh. got it down to 2.1, but now it won't detect my sd card ,which is a micro+adapter. the card works when plugged to the pc. Changing adapters doesn't make a difference and I don't have an equivalent sized card.

It detects my spare sd card that isn't a micro with an adapter.

how do I fix this?

nvm, got it working.

for some reason, in the 3ds folder of the micro+adapter, there was already a folder with the same string the 3ds made in the non-adapter card.

deleting it fixed the detection

You son of a bitch, I clicked that link and now I'm on Chapter 26 and my sleep schedule is completely ruined, why did you do that?
Thanks, this manga is fucking great

It is such a tragedy that best girls' scenes are so overwhelmingly scatological.

I uploaded the SMT IV Apocalypse DLC to the vola. volafile.io/r/acH6c7

Oh, and if you're not on a US 3ds you should take some extra steps to get it working. For Luma3DS, follow the steps under 'Enable region/language emulation'.

Have both on USA - EN

That's strange. Are you using the undub, or the dubbed version?

Also, there should be no dash between USA and EN.
The text file is just "USA EN".

never knew that was a feature before.

I didn't even get to the best part

That has been in dev for a while, used to be in the main when it was aureinand but it's pretty much never needed unless you want to use an old BootNTR.

does anyone have a guide to set a original r4 up on a cfw 3ds?

Copy your r4s kernel to the r4 with your roms then put it in the cart slot.

Put firmware in micro as
Put microsd in r4
Put r4 in 3ds

sd*

I thought there would be more to it than that, thanks.

It wasn't so easy for me, I needed to install a .cia that would boot the card.

What flash cart?

Really? Could you link what you use to boot it for me? I've still got about an hour of copying files onto my r4 sd before I can see if it'll work.

I was worried you were going to ask that. It's on GBAtemp but I can't remember where exactly, just search r4 loader.

I think it'd be this gbatemp.net/threads/r4-stage2-twl-flashcart-launcher-and-perhaps-other-cards-soon™.416434/ so that's what I'll try when I'm done setting it up, thanks.

I have LumaLocaleSwitcher

my dad works at nintendo and I'm playing sun/moon beta right now.
It's not worth it.

Shame the 3ds in general is poopy and can't do anything in the cpu I was looking forward to playing snes and gba games but it appears that unless I get a dstwo plus that's not going to be a thing.

Has anyone messed with basehaxx? I'm trying to use it now to downgrade a 10.7 New 3DS, since browser doesn't work, and it just crashes and doesn't load the hax.

make sure you have the right version of basehaxx. If you can't use browserhax you probably have a weird version number so there's any number of issues that could crop up.

I'm on 10.7.0-32. I put all that into the basehaxx thing, but it still just crashes. It's not due to the game versions being different, right? (The homebrew system has v1.4 of Ruby and the non-homebrew has v1.0)

GBA games are possible, SNES is possible but with certain games.

it's a possibility. You can just uninstall the update on the homebrew version to make them the same.

I tried playing sonic advanced and it ran like absolute poopy pants

I'm new to hax, can I use cubic ninja to install menuhax? Or can I only use it to boot homebrew from the cart?

Menuhax is a homebrew so you use cubic ninja to get into the homebrew loader then install menuhax from there. Or you can use browserhax.

Not a problem on n3ds. I thought even the o3ds was capable of Gba

QUICK GIVE A LIST OF THE BEST 3DS GAMES AND ANYTHING WORTH PLAY

O3DS can do VC Injects.

Don't use GBA emulators on the O3DS, just use VC injects and they'll run at full speed.

Mahryu
Mahryu super racers
Pixelized Acid trip
Legend of shota
Expanded Dong Returns: 3 Dongmensional
Serpent Consumer
Shovel's n Armor

runs at 20 on a hacked n3ds if you disable the underclock, but software limits it to that

not on an overclocked n3ds
may not be 30 but I find it playable

I just woke up. Your stupid fucking manga kept me up till 7am. I hate you, when does the next one come out?

Cool. Hope someone finds a lost copy sometime.

Some guy finally managed to undub Soul Hackers after all this time:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-shin-megami-tensei-devil-summoner-undub.443011/

nice, time to spread the love

I tried undubbing it myself but as I already mentioned in that thread, I was running into problems due to how different the containers were between Eng and Jap versions. Guy did some hardcore hacking to get it working.

Oh wow, great work. I don't suppose the EU savefile works with the USA one though..?

yeah, it's always the crazy motherfuckers that get shit done, i just want to make sure it doesn't get lost or forgotten

Pretty sure the save will work if you just force import it with JKs Save Manager. I transferred my EU Persona Q save this way to US version and it works fine.

SNES Injects.
mega.nz/#F!IhgTwTyT!oM_CiFqVE7Z69R146onH3Q

NES Injects.
mega.nz/#F!et1lFCRC!EFldVjzKFHMaxv89lXWSDg

Gamegear Injects.
mega.nz/#F!LxUVRA4R!u4shTiHA6t9JhfrbHJt2YQ

Gameboy.
mega.nz/#F!NZxHXTiR!Cjl0EEW-wRJ827QjZFsHQg

GBC
mega.nz/#F!tIQVDYAb!KKrPjMmG2admGLH9L5gEBg

GBA
mega.nz/#F!BYo2ETrI!ZLr4RdFPaQx65VbUJNFKpg

More GBA.
mega.nz/#F!A1l3mJoD!lt5Pl3Zp2g2SL-r1oW-zwA

No ghosting GBA.
mega.nz/#F!MFRWmSaI!KLrAuQBBTZcajHMa1s-Fng

In-case any anons need shit and can't be fucked to trawl though 3DSISO.

i recall that there was a homebrew app to use your 3ds to control your pc. Maybe you can use it in conjunction with a pc emulator.

Such streaming apps always have a delay and compression issues so that's not really an option.
I've accepted that handhelds will never be good enough for emulation long ago.

Awesome, thanks.

I ran most GBA games and they run fine. Couldn't say if they had frame drops, but overall they run good, I ran WarioLand 4, most Zero games and the GBA castlevanias, all without problems. You have to use GBA VC injects, tho, they are better anyway.

they're good enough if you don't need cheats

Some of us don't like wasting time in Megaten when your alignment can change out of the blue without any indication.
Also note that I said I care about fast forward the most.
I wish all JRPGs learned from Bravely Default games and implemented fast forward options as well as on the fly difficulty and encounter rate sliders.

Then why do you play video games, user? In any case, wait mechanics are shit but some times are worth it, if you achieve something in game without using any outside tool feels more fulfilling. Also, the original console didn't have those tools either, unless you're a faggot and believe that emuylation is better than the actual hardware.

My mistake. Whenever I hear this argument, most anons talk about save states being a benefit instead of casual breeders. I do think FF tools are nice, but I only fast forward games that I already finished for obvious reasons.

PSP is pretty good for emulation

not really streaming but more of wireless controller

You'd be talking differently if your schedule was as busy as mine. I don't have time these days to spend 3/4 of the game watching slow as shit turn based animations. Bravely games did it right.

this user know's suffering

i wish more games let you use automatic presets for fights. something like that would be great in etrian odyssey since most non-foe monsters are a joke as long as you're using the correct attacks, but the fights still take a while since you have to enter the commands and wait on animations.

Bravely's "Auto" system that just repeats last chosen actions alone would be great, presets would be even better though.

Can't help that I've been playing them since I was a kid, I love the games but I just don't have as much time for vidya as I used to.

Super Robot Wars UX and BX
Sekaiju no Meikyuu 4 and 5
Lost Heroes 1 and 2
Monster Hunter 3G, 4G, and Cross
Fantasy Life Link
Rune Factory 4
Gyakuten Saiban 5 and 6
Dragon Quest Monsters 1 and 2
Dragon Quest 7 and 8

Just off the top of my head.

What kind of bullshit is this? Anyone willing to do that want to share the link?

why don't you do it to share the link?

Also
Bravely Default: For The Sequel
Bravely Second: End Layer

I decided to bite the bullet for you fags, but you know you can juse use 10 minute mails for this kind of shit right?

mega.nz/#!DY1FTCzA!J2xkcsiGho9RihReZV2ABXJcLyIlQ4Q-M8UfARP0tTw

it takes like a minute to make an account, there's no approval bullshit
just do it yourself

fine if you're just gonna give it to him, password for .rar is 3dschaos.com

It's the best option to play SNES games in the O3DS and it's actively developed.

Don't you mean
Bravely Default: FLying FAiry and Bravely Second: FriEnd SLayer

Only one of those is a real spoiler :^)

I'm not indulging anything on that site by principle. I'd rather not get the game at all then sign up just because the download is held hostage by a "like" button.

There's an account in the op too. It's not that big of a deal.

I'm gonna slap it up on ggn in a couple hours if you can grab stuff from there.

He also did dragon quest vii earlier this month if you're interested.

Nah, For the Sequel made a lot of improvements, like 4x battle speed and the encounter rate manipulation and the like I'd lie with Airy if you know what I mean

I tend to forget that original Bravely Default was a generic JRPG with none of the actually innovative and quality of life improvements, thankfully western version was based on FTS.
As for the spoiler, Yoshida draws absolute perfections.

You could still fast forward to 2x, but you had to hold the button to do so. Still yes, FTS made a bunch of huge improvements.

Kind of a moot point, considering no one in their right mind would settle for a censored version of a game.

That he fucking does.

Is FTS still censored like the original release?

Any news on a retranslation project for Default or Second? I'm too stupid to learn Japanese.

Is it just an undub or did it also fix the translation?

There is no "FTS" western release. The only western release is based on FTS.

The original release was never censored, only the foreign ones.

If you love vidya enough, you can do it.

so just install the Japanese versions, got it.

You do realize there's an uncensor patch right? The dialogue is untouched outside of character ages. Even the infamous censored bikini still has the dialogue go in English flat out saying bikini. That's because the team that translated the game did it faithfully and the costume changes were done later.

Same with Bravely Second, the censored costume that got changed into a cowboy still is called Hawkeye and still uses bows and axes.

No need, especially if you don't know Weebanese. Just grab the uncensored versions from 3dsiso.

There's an uncensored version of the western release on 3dsiso, but I don't know how good it is.

Yeah the Japanese version isn't censored and has the entire english translation on their playing the US/EU version is just dumb.

Pretty much, there's no need to ever play foreign versions.

Even if there is, so what? You'd still be relying on other people's translations, especially bad considering this is a game where the translation was so bad that they apparently got effect text wrong.

Answer is probably going to be no but is there any way to either get save files out of these to then use in PC emulators or flash carts. Or to use save files from PC emulators and flash carts with these?

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about since Bravely translations are pretty much flawless. Costume censorship =/= dialogue censorship.

I remember having an argument with a friend who thought the Merchant's passive ability stacked with multiple copies of itself on other party members but not with other effects that boosted monetary gain, when it is literally the exact opposite of that effect. After about an hour of this, it turned out he was playing the foreigner version, which has the text translated wrong.

look for a tool that will convert the save files your emulator uses into an injectable format for 3ds. I once tried to look for such a tool for wii gba vc inject to 3ds gba vc inject but there is little to no interest.

Interesting, can't say I ever used the merchant though so must be why I never ran into it. Good to know about that particular mistransaltion tho.

I am busy with work, and shit, I just think you can enjoy games more if you invest times into it, not just skip the whole thing to start the next one right away. Needless to say, finishing a game takes ages, but it's worth it.

Although I like the auto mode in bravely default, is a mobile tier function.

Bravely Second lets you save three presets.

I've yet to get to it because the groundhog day bullshit in Default makes me progress slow and I'm a completionist.

It's worth it, Chapters 7 and 8 have some good fights, and the tower marathon in Chapter 8 on Hard is a delightful challenge.

I sure hope the second game wont be as much of a bitch

I know Default had a decensor, not sure about a retranslation.

you're an adult now, user
leave these childish tricks in the past

So, I got all the hax completed and got some games and the Mii Plaza DLC off of freeshop. One slight problem is that freeshop keeps wanting to download all of the "Home Menu Themes" but when I install it I can't open any because my 3ds tells me I have too many themes. How do I either

1. Stop my 3ds from telling me I have too many themes

2. Make it so freeshop doesn't show the update.

but user, being an adults no fun if you can't use it to your advantage hehehe

this is why they don't let you see your nieces and nephews

Nieces and nephews are no fun, the closer the kiddos are, the more fun it is to pester them

I'm kind of surprised by how many nds games the stock 4 gig microsd my n3ds came with can hold. they're so light weight

Why do so many fags on 3dsiso upload their shit to Mega when it has that retarde download size limit?

they probably haven't noticed it has ome

Mega has a download limit? I've never run into it.

Nor have I

The only issue I have run into with Mega is that downloading a whole bunch of files as a zip tends to fail a lot. Like the user who posted a bunch of links to ROM injects earlier in the thread. I'm still trying to download them.

I don't remember it having any limit, and even if it does, it's better than the limits on every other goddamn 3rd world file sharing site. I don't want to get my games from BRRRRRRR.HUE

Then download them as separate/standard files

I've been getting it since i started downloading shit posted on 3dsiso, i can't seem to download more a few hundred mbs before getting prompted to pay for premium account bullshit.

Weird I've definitely gone over 50GB but I've never gotten them.

It's like 150 files shit would take forever.

That is…odd. I've never seen that. It might be your ISP somehow fucking you.

The account is free, if you want to fix it in the short term.

Why are you downloading everything? It's not viable to have that many .cias installed until the install cap is removed

I''m not installing them just keeping them so if I ever wanna play whatever just grab it off my hard drive. Finding fucking VC injects is a huge pain in the ass.

I'll just leave it overnight, hopefully it resumes the download after the countdown ends without needing my input.

Some dude on 3DSISO happened to know how to repack DLC CIAs properly and repacked my Persona Q Undubbed DLC properly so now it will actually show proper name and block size in Settings menu instead of gibberish.

In terms of actual functionality of the DLC itself nothing has changed though.

mega.nz/#!PYwhVSbL!_tSRXtODEnl9Tt6g7buvcAoBma2zxHC1DY7JvFUOQQw

Isn't Kim Dotcom starting up another site soon. I think he cleared shit up and wants to make another private file sharing site since NZ took over mega.

Maybe someday he'll get to keep a website.

On the bright side, I checked and it seems I won't have to do any undubbing for SMT4 or SMT4A DLCs as none of them have any voice data in them. In fact those DLCs are basically empty "unlock keys" and all the actual DLC content is locked within the roms of the games themselves.
I should be done with converting the undubbed SMT4 cutscenes by tomorrow and SMT4A hopefully day after tomorrow.

Then I'll take a short break and take look at Devil Survivor 1 and 2 next week since my old undub for DeSu 1 missed one line and I heard the DeSu 2 undub has a fuckton of missed lines since some schmuck who didn't know what he was doing did it.

You seem like a pedophile.

Found the kid hater

i have reinand, should I make the switch to luma this weekend?
also, can i update my emunand right now with reinand installed?

you can stay on reinand if you want but development seems to be slowing down, at least. Updating your emunand is fine. If you want to switch to luma, it only takes like ten seconds, just copy the dat, bin, and 3ds folder to your sd and then load it through menuhax like you've done for reinand.

perfect, didn't realise it was that easy, I haven't been keeping up with developments as I've been playing the thing, thanks for the info!

Get a9lh nigger

what benefits is there for this? how much effort is it? (i'm retarded)

Effortless

It gives you a faster boot time
Brick protection by allowing payloads to load before the actual os does
100% boot rate
Won't put you in the wrong nand if you exit system settings
About gig of data on your sd is freed up since there is no longer any need for emunand

Brick protection also makes the slim chance of DSi ware or Gba VC fragmenting your sysnand negligible. I've seen niggers deny themselves such fun because they wouldn't let go of their precious emunand

new thread

Seems like it updates every week or so. It's best if you follow several DOZEN books simultaneously, so you have something to read each day, but yeah, I'd have to say that one is really, really good, considering it's supposed to be a goofy story about the guy who tends the fire in the first town.