Left 4 Dead Thread

archive.is/UBvpb
Will it be fun?
Why does L4D feel so much better than L4D2?

I liked 2 better. The protags weren't as interesting but everything else was an improvement.

Better pacing, better maps, less bullshit.

The extra firearms are nice. But here's a list of everything 2 added that needs to fucking die or be overhauled in 3:
Remember the mall event where the infected spawn in the room where the switch to end the event is? Fuck that shit, get rid of it or fix it.
Jockey needs to get a general overhaul or to be removed. In play against seasoned players Jockey is situational at best and useless at worst.
Melee weapons need to consume stamina in the same way shoving does, have a smaller range for your swing and they need to have limited uses. I want to push the limited uses idea because otherwise you'll see teams just have two guys with melee weapons just completely invalidating hordes with how they just mow them down.
Cr0wning only got worse in 2. With the addition of the Chrome Shotgun and SPAS-12 it only got easier to cr0wn the Witch. I'd like it so if you run at the witch she aggros almost immediately and aggros faster if you approach her from the from the front. Being forced to use that walk button if you want to sneak by/up to the Witch would definitely create some nice tension and vulnerability for the survivors. Instead of the Witch just being a "Okay, where's the shotgun guy?" moment.
It's not as bad as Overwatch's 20tick servers but let's not pretend L4D2's 30tick servers are useful at all either. The amount of times I've hit survivors as Charger only to see the network not register it and just push me off the survivor to my death(and then kicked by my butthurt teammates) isn't fun. 60tick servers or bust, Valve uses at least 60tick for all their other cash cows right now, so they better give some for 3.
The Tank has become so standard and predictable that it's only a threat for seasoned players if they're already in bad shape(Even then I've seen them pull off some serious bullshit). I'd like to see them fix that shit with different kinds of tanks. Like the Meat Wall concept art they made for L4D2 but didn't end up using.

WEW
E
W

l4d1 was incidental funny were as l4d2 tried too hard with it comedy. same reason why portal 1 > 2

Has it really been four years?

Yes
Now stop posting this fucking cancer, its worse than Doge nowadays

50% less negro
And Ellis/Nick aren't as great as Francis/Bill.

Almost forgot

That's because Francis and Bill are direct foils to each other. Bill is a military man with a strict set of moral values and discipline. Francis is a 1% biker with very loose morals and no discipline.
Ellis is a stupid country bumpkin with a loose-ish set of morals and Nick is a smart conman with an extremely loose set of morals.
Nick and Ellis are two different shades of the same character basically, which is why Francis and Bill are better because they are actually are two different characters.

I would actually love to see a ricochet 2.

Its normalfag shit, great for pissing off liberals but not much else, stop posting it on Holla Forums.

Also l4d2 and Portal 2 seemed very much "NO FUN ALLOWED"

Valve no longer makes games user

I wish they would, I don't care about their multiplayer shit or their Steambox shit

I really liked L4D1&2 but Valve will put in a bunch of trading meme shit into the game and make it into a fucking game balanced by redditors like CS:GO, Dota 2 and TF2 all are.

literally who?
that shit flopped like no tomorrow

I think the community is what really killed L4D. I tried playing it like 3 years after release when I wanted to do so again and ended up with this bunch of unbelievable cunts who vote kick you for whatever reason.
Get a sniper? Votekick. Get a tank? Votekick. Kill a survivor? Votekick. Win? Votekick.

YOU'RE LYING! somewhere deep in inside gabes fat is a team surviving on the fungus that is present on his body that converts his sweat and other bodily secretions into nourishment and water. one they they will venture out of gabes fat and announce half life 3 and ricochet 2!

That is another thing, but seems with Source games in general to be honest user.

I hope that at least gave an indication that nobody cares what they do outside of games, thats all people wanted.

Man that game had such great potential

It was supposed to be a f2p experiment but then got chopped.

Wait..
None of these games were made by Valve.

Valve quite literally has only 4 original IPs they made. Half Life, DOD, Alien Swarm and Ricochet.

Portal was a idea that some students came up with that Valve hired, CS was a mod by Minh Le and some other dudes, Team Fortress was a mod made by some Aussies for Quake 1, Dota was a mod for Warcraft 3, L4D was made by Hidden Path Entertainment (aka Valve South back in the day).

Technically they were bought by valve as mods, but valve put teams on them and made them official games.

No.
Opposing Force and Blue Shift were both outsourced to other companies and L4D was only published by Valve.
The fucking kikes are trying to act as if they made these games.

but they are valve properties, it doesnt say they created them.

Fug, L4D was made by Turtle Rock who used to be Valve South, CS:GO was made by Hidden Path.

Welcome to branding.

Don't mess around, Valve doesn't need to make games to make money anymore

LFD2 was a shitty move. Rather than build on LFD1, they decided to sell you another reskinned game at full price. It also came out so quickly after LFD1, which was hurting for more content.

At least they had the decency to wait a couple of years before making a sequel this time.

Better maps, better characters, better looking pistols and LEGS. I'd still choose L4D2 because it has all the maps from L4D and more shit.

L4D2 was the last good game and last non-marketized game made by Valve. RIP.

Seems to be the case with any valve game
fuck I can't even stand valve and their games anymore, the communties fucked and the company is just too plain jewish

This shit right here. When I first played the game the witch seemed like the scariest shit but once you find out that the witch is just a road block that's about 3 feet wide it becomes more ignored than the desert eagle, especially when the game places her in the middle of a well lit boulevard surrounded only by one easily jumped over car and a lamp post. Now if the witch had fixed spots that are randomized and those spots are hand placed by the devs to be in spots that you would expect a crying bitch who's afraid of light to be like tight areas inside of buildings, sewers, alley ways then the witch can actually be something that has a presence in the game. Even if she isn't blocking the path to the next area like putting her in a hallway that may or may not lead to supplies.

user… Vavle only has Half Life and Ricochet. DoD was a mod, and Alien Swarm is altogether owned by a different company.

Huh, you're right.
Pretty sad that a developer has in total made only 2 original IPs alone, and everything else was either done by some other devs or the license was bought.

I have never heard of Lost coast. Most of the games I recognize, but not that one. Also I have yet to play opposing force, how does it stack up versus blueshift/original?

It was a tech demo thing for Half Life 2.

Dead Air > Dark carni > the parish > hard rain > death tool > no mercy > dead center >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Swamp Fever

ProMod > Vanilla >>>>>> That shit Visor made.

Thats objectively wrong and you know it

i'll say No mercy's finale is objectively better but that's it.

That just isn't right. The only time Left 4 Dead 2 feels like "No Fun Allowed" is on Cold Stream.

Cold Stream is shit, bland as fuck, and utterly forgetable
Why the fuck did Valve add THAT in the first place instead of other, more quality maps is beyond me