RTS Thread - Bait Edition

R.U.S.E. was a far better game than Wargame. Prove me wrong. Protip, you can't!

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/485980/
store.steampowered.com/app/357310
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes I can

I'd say it was definitely a lot more novel.

AI certainly wasn't as much of a cheating shit.

Is this a Kebab Removal RTS game?

store.steampowered.com/app/485980/

it's not that hard to do considering the fact that wargame is fucking shit

Yes, I can prove it .

R.U.S.E had resource recollection, fucking up the wargaming aspect. Thats why I found the game mediocre.

This game has me intrigued. Anyone here play it?

store.steampowered.com/app/357310

Looks more like Spec-Ops the Line RTS edition.

So you are saying you couldn't manage your supply lines properly while maintaining a good offensive?

C&C generals is top because campaign.

I was hoping it was not-TW during the RotK era, but it's all turn based.

It really was. In terms of MP Wargame was great fun when building decks but terribly heavy on the micromanagement when you actually fucking played. Also the only good gametype is economy, Conquest is deicded in the first 5 minutes and Destruction is just about the opposite of a real fight since it's easier to win by sitting in a tiny defensive and spamming arty, planes and cheap infantry. R.U.S.E. is much more about macromanagement, doubly so in Total War mode (1945 mode is fine but inferior) and is a great example of why abstracting makes for a faster game without losing too much depth. Also Wargame's SP was shit. The AI was retarded and cheated like a motherfucker even dropping artillery on hidden units because it didn't have fog of war.

Wargame is realism/simulation without any thought as to how that plays as a game. R.U.S.E. was aimed at consoles of all things so they kept shit simple but with a lot of depth.

This nigger gets it. I actually preferred 1942 mode, it felt more balanced RUSE was a game that if it had mod and map editor support would have been glorious. There are just so many more viable ways to win in RUSE plus being able to field over 300 artillery units in one battle never gets old.

spot on

:(

Well Total War goes from 1939 to 1942 and finally to 1945. Works great in a 3v3 or higher but fails in 2v2 or 1v1.

it somehow managed to be even more shit than 3

Anyone still waiting for GSC to fix Cossacks 3?

They didn't fix the first one, what makes you think they'll fix this abortion?

Oh. Right.

Dumb optimism, I suppose?

Doesnt that describe most of the gaming industry?

Possibly. Don't forget the salt miners, though.

Supply line != resource collection
Taking strategic points and securing a path between them is good for a wargame, digging up ore is not.

anyone up for a game of age of empires 2? steamcuck HD because multiplayer is easier to set up than with voobly. and I like the new civs and balance changes fuck you puritans

Still, are you up for a game of Age of Cucks?

It's even worse becuse it's corn/maize, something growing only in 'murricas at the time and not appropriate as representation of "food" for most civs.
Also was that one specifically vegans ? All the resource icons are different than in the original game because apparently the HD remake is not based on the release version of AoE2.

Also i kinda like we wuz kings, it fixed some of the dumber things like camels receiving anti-ship damage and the changes aren't that significant but welcome and make sense unless you were some sort of only huns arabia mirror competetivefag.
we wuz kings civs are overpowered though and forgotten underpowered even after they buffed them in wewuz a bit.

It still runs like shit though and the devs are incompetent hacks.

Suck my dick, Sepharim.

My all time favorite was essentially doing

Back when the Scathis had Mavor range

he;[ ljo291

haha yeah that me :)

Any thoughts on that 8-bit Hordes? How does it feel like to have not-GDI fight not-orcs?

ded

This normally causes a lot of upset.

looks pretty gud lad, gonna pirate it

RTS is dead just like this Thread.

This thread is dead
just like my life
tbh user, The RTS isn't dead,l its comatose, waiting for the day RTS become good again

Rome II was that bad huh? I always thought Total War was one of those cornerstones of PC master race.

I haven't played it myself but it looks like it could be pretty fun. From what I've seen though it's a really bare-bones basic RTS. Looks like there's another part coming up. This one is scifi

Is this like 8-bit armies?
Because if i remember correctly from hear say that was shit

Yeah very realistic with MBTs that can't make it across 10km maps without running out of fuel.

Were you not paying attention when it was released?
It was so bad that even the CA fanboys agree that it's shit

Wait there was a myth 3?