/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Edition edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
Let's talk about how our expectations for any upcoming racing games will only lead to disappointment.

Other urls found in this thread:

8tracks.com/explore/japan_vintage/hot/1
soundcloud.com/real_eunectes/japanese-city-pop-mix/sets
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/
youtube.com/watch?v=vRqjREyowzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SKBbqJCW56Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ihp9353k8mc
youtube.com/watch?v=PgtHflRV0cc
youtube.com/watch?v=p7mfEeQaAM0
youtube.com/watch?v=lS-af9Q-zvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bESibXv_gf8
youtube.com/watch?v=OWCBaDlHeP3U
jpop80ss.blogspot.com/
autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609027364229?search-target=usedcars&make=honda&model=civic&quantity-of-doors=3&searchcontext=default&sort=default&radius=1500&postcode=hd21ht&page=1&onesearchad=new,nearlynew,used&logcode=p&adPos=2
skidrowreloaded.com/forza-horizon-3-full-unlocked/
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=72399
ibtimes.co.uk/forza-horizon-3-review-playground-games-drifts-off-wheel-xboxs-latest-racer-1582149
please
archive.is/qzC6R
mega.nz/#!ncg2VQKR!mTgRGBKViB1zRsdBgQis0dhL_ArEyY-cjZ27J-rHEN4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1459475-Do-NOT-update-to-Nvidia-368-39-Drivers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Help

Is any of the shit that comes in the fuck expensive version like the VIP pass worth anything?

Don't do it. A couple of days isn't worth the potential regret and loss of 100USD. Just wait until it releases and see if it's good.

Wait for the torrent man, just be patient

Agree, wait at least a few days to see if the launch was ok

do it faggot

Yeah right

It's not like I'd be prepurchasing it since it releases on Friday for people that bought in at the higher price. It's most likely going to be the same version and all fuck ups would be known during Friday so at that point it's just if the extra shit that comes with it is worth the extra 30 coins.

Literally the only reason I bought a PS4 and they still haven't come out with a game yet

Pic related, it isn't even GT7

You should have known this would happen. Remember how long it took them to release GT5?

This isn't just any Windows store game, its fucking Forza, just be patient my man

Someone running FH3 on a 21:9 (3440x1440) Ultra on a 980Ti. Dynamic settings turned off so locked Ultra.

Gat damn.

holy fuck you can't trigger an autist harder than doing this

I don't. This is the generation I decided to invest in consoles.

It's been the worst gen yet. At least I still have my PC.

you're pretty dumb user
why did you buy a game machine that didn't have the game you wanted?

Damn, that sucks. It was a bit in reverse for me, last gen I had a 360 but got my own PC around 2011. After that I promised myself that I wouldn't get an Xbone or any other console no matter what.
Now Forza is coming to PC and everything's coming up Milhouse!

So this was after he locked things to ultra. I wonder what it was actually doing.

if i had to take a blind guess the game has multiple codepaths with different compiler options optimized for different cpu architectures and/or it grabs system information and tweaks certain things such as how much of the game is preloaded in system ram or some tradeoffs on gpu memory bandwidth vs shader time

That sounds radical. Do any other games do anything like that?

the codepath thing i know can be done automatically by intel's c compiler (in fact some games perform worse than they should on AMD because of that, it only picks extra cpu features that improve performance on intel's own cpus even though AMD cpus might also support them).
the how much is preloaded into system ram is fairly standard practice but lots of games let you pick a value
the tradeoffs on gpu memory bandwidth vs shader time i'm not very sure about, it would require quite a bit of work and would yield uncertain results, specially since theoretical information about a graphics card doesn't translate to reality and at least on d3d9-11 (i don't know opengl and other versions of d3d at all) shaders are compiled by the graphics driver anyway
there's many more things to do but this would require autistically long walls of text and i don't have experience with most of them.
it all boils down to how PC hardware runs the same software but can be very different and lazy developers

because it was shiny and I had the cash

Why is The Crew so awful yet so fun at the same time? Is it the bugs?

Debil what are you doing?

Probably because it trys to be a game as opposed to sim. It might not be perfect or even very good but it's kinda the only thing around so it gets bumped up. The bugs probably help too

This video reminded me of something that triggered me when playing the demo: traffic lights and nearly all flora can be driven through now with no consequence. Half the fun of taking a very off-the-beaten-path road in 2 was dodging the gorillion of trees; whereas now you can just ram through palm trees with a trunk a foot in diameter with no issue.

Some day, some day…
Double trips, neato

Posted last night but 404, these threads move faster than before.

Forza horizon 2 has to have the worst rubberbanding or cheating AI. I'm playing on unbeatable difficulty but even the second highest difficulty setting, they still cheat. The cars are significantly faster in a straight line than me, I even upgraded a car to the maximum performance it could go but they were still beating me. I'll smoke them in turns but in straights they'll beat me. Forza Horizon 1 had the difficulty right, they were challenging but fair. I really hope FH3 didn't fuck this up.

Dangit I wanted to see something in the previous thread. Any way I can access it now?

I know that some games do optimized shader compilations, FUEL and FarCry popping to my mind. Maybe it's a similar thing here, optimizing a few shaders according to the GPUs (like setting the amount of parallel jobs to the amount of cores).

No, but maybe you can ask for it and someone may remember.

We are a Zen Class thread now

Unless someone has archived, I'm afraid not. But usually we are the same group of people funposting in here so ask and you might get the answer regardless

oh man.. i havent seen 1nsane in a long time.. was the best lan game when all my dudebro friends played pc

Everythings getting released it seems so we actually have shit to talk about other then just shitpost about decade old games.

But about the Difficulty could you enter cars that were above the class requirement? Cause I remember in 4 there was an option to enter events with whatever car you wanted but the flip side of that was the AI became massive cheating assholes. Maybe double check that isn't the case and get back to us.

Is there a comfier driving game than Fuel?

Barring the career mode that is. Fuck that.

Yurotrux

I am still upset by the fact the developers of ETS2MP don't want to give us the possibility to host our own servers, it would be fun to make convoys, races and shit like that without other people in the way

It was just a crew webm of a bike pulling a wheelie. Yesterday I was looking here from my friend's PC and I couldn't save it.

That's gay. I wanted to have a sekrit club with our own map mods and race convoys and other cars. Having private servers would be cool for LAN parties too.

I feel you. I wanted to race my friends across Europe from tollbooth to tollbooth while listening to Super Eurobeat compilations and make cheesy comments

noice

no sound because I can't get ffmpeg to capture it

JC2MP did that and the userbase instantly fragmented. And as long as there's no traffic, if you remove most of the playerbase the game will be very, very lonely.

But honestly, as long as you avoid the Europoort and don't crash into people you can drive like a total idiot. Europe 2 has no speed limited and I never obeyed speed limits, ever.

Personally, I don't care about a huge playerbase like that but that's in part due to my internet being ass and only playing with friends anyhow. Also I feel like the server should be able to simulate traffic for low player counts, but who knows?

Considering the amount of desync there is between trucks, traffic would be unbearable. And I honestly don't think the desync is a server issue because I've experienced it in small convoys with friends. I think it's mostly because the game isn't made for this sort of thing in mind, and the mechanics are probably not made with sync in mind.

Maybe if SCS eventually adds an official MP mode to their games this will improve. Maybe not.

Lighting model is good, screen effects are good, level geometry is still simple and shadows are garbage. Interesting.

Pity it's UWP only. Fuck that technology and fuck Satya Nadella.

At least I don't regret buying my Vita.

Anyone knows what the "Events Completed" stat in Forza Hub for F6A means?

anyone here has a MEGA to some nice japanesse city pop?

nvm the forza forums started to work and it's actually broken

gg turn 10

ok, i got trible dubs! Now you have to deliver anons!

Okay anons, I need some driving music for when I play the Crew

So, is Forza Horizon 3 worth a buy?
If it is, is VIP worth it as well?

Oi. Find stuff yourself. You'll probably have to find albums yourself, unless you are fine with youtube mixes. Usually they are an hour long. Here are some singers that from that era.

Junko Yagami
Tatsuro Yamashita
Miki Matsubara (rip you magnificent woman)
Anri
Masaki Ueda
Kaoru Akimoto
Hiroshi Sato
Minako Yoshida

Good luck finding torrents with seeders. If not, settle with youtube to mp3.
Here's some stuff too.
8tracks.com/explore/japan_vintage/hot/1

Burnout Paradise & DiRT 2 soundtracks

Also check these
soundcloud.com/real_eunectes/japanese-city-pop-mix/sets

Nice.

Got you covered

you can always eurobeat

who wants to crew add me

Add your uPlay ID here if you wanna race with us
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform

List here
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/

There are no class requirements, I had an S1 class and the cars scale with it. Only the type of car, example I'm doing a JDM classic race.

Is Project Cars pretty good for someone with a controller? Not super into hardcore simulations, but I enjoy the Forza level of sim.
Its 10 bucks on Humble right now. Curious if it would be worth supporting the charity I'm a part of.

It's ok but on some configurations glitchy as fuck.

I'll be on in a few in case anyone else plays.

Already added everyone on the list already. Very useful for faction missions.

Also, recomend some 80s french pop for your driving sessions

If anyone was interested on buying the wild run dlc, it's on sale again for 12 bucks on the humble bundle store for the next 5 hours.

i chickened out on playing with others for now
gotta refocus my driving energy
keep restarting this xfinity speed challenge over and over due to wrecks

I'm already on mumble, the correct one at least.

Listen to this man and get it. Bikes are top fun

It's $9 for me due to wallet, is it worth it for $9?

yipes bad time for me to be broke..shouldn't have partied so hard last weekend

So how many of you niggers are getting the early access for Forza on PC? Anyone here can report how it performs?

Also just noticed, it's 5 days, not 5 hours.

for 9 buck I'd say it's worth it.

I'm a retard

Ah. I've hopped in it, seems like the owner nuked it for some reason.

It's still up though in case people want to play racing vidya:
Address: torvalds.xyz
Port: 64738

sweet then there may be a chance for me to hustle up some money

Well added my name, I'll be on but I am grinding out a few cars to 1299.

Eurobeat.

Horizon 3 PC graphics comparison; youtube.com/watch?v=vRqjREyowzQ

ets2mp needs traffic (but less than singleplayer) and non cucked rules.
Also ban all turkroaches those niggers are always rammers

won't embed because i can't embed multiple videos, i recommend you download flacs of them too
youtube.com/watch?v=SKBbqJCW56Q
youtube.com/watch?v=ihp9353k8mc
youtube.com/watch?v=PgtHflRV0cc
youtube.com/watch?v=p7mfEeQaAM0
youtube.com/watch?v=lS-af9Q-zvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bESibXv_gf8
youtube.com/watch?v=OWCBaDlHeP3U
The Crew's opera station is also god tier
i have more but they aren't perfect fits for racing

For those who keep asking FH3 VIP means you get double CR rewards on wheelspins which is extremely useful early and late game for upgrades and expensive car purchases and you win the amount a car is worth as a bonus if you win a car from it. You get to play in events where you can win unicorn cars and generally dick around with devs. You'll also get free gift cars from the devs. In FH2 they gave out about 6 or 7 that would essentially be a car pack, one of them being a custom Lamborghini Hurrican. You'll also get 5 free cars off the bat when you start playing. The main three attractions being the Aventador, the Regera and the F12tdf.

What is the best steering wheel if money is no object?

I'm surprised three people are in the mumble right now, considering it wasn't used often.

if money is no object get a full cockpit

Sold.

I didn't even know you could get a full integrated thing like that.

sign me up for two

you tend to get free shipping with bigger shit because they get 3rd party contractors to ship them to your house. some of those dudes are shady as fuck. i bought a TV from amazon once the contractors demanded that i sign for the tv before i opened the box the slip clearly says make sure that the item is working before you sign for it. because you can not return it.

fuck that, especially if i just spent $5Gs on some shit

jpop80ss.blogspot.com/
if you can't find something just ask in the chatbox, the blog owner is usually pretty good at finding requests
sage for off topic

i would kill of a squeal to this game.

sequel*

ow

I'm curious since I want to play the first game, but what did TDU2 fail in that made TDU1 better?

oh man..this dog

You anons who have steering wheels, is it worth it? I like racing, but feel like I'm gonna get tired of it after a couple of weeks so I'm hesitant in buying a wheel. Can't really justify the 300e investment… yeah I know you can get DF for like 50e, but mum is offering me 300e for a wheel since I bugged her some while ago so I might just as well spend it all if I decide to buy it.

Yeah. You can try a different bunch of stuff until you find what you like. Variety will always keep things interesting. Some word of advice though. While you are transitioning between gamepad/keyboard to the wheel, you are gonna suck. Once you get all the timing on and things start to get more natural, you will be much better.
In what kind games are you interested to use it?

racing games aren't racing games without shit soundtracks

nigger the money isn't yours just get the wheel

Things just got turned up to 11 boys!

Is your mom hot?

Dirt rally, rfactor and ets2 mostly. I tend to enjoy sims, but it's just so much you can get out of them on gamepad.

But I'll feel bad If I don't use it. :(

your morality seems painfully white
grey is where it's at

What I meant was I got tired of racing on a gamepad and I'm afraid it will happen as well with the wheel after a while.

I'm pretty sure it's not from the game, it had orchestral without lyrics, embed related

I just want authentic ricer experience, for fuck's sake.

What if its a shit racing game with an awesome soundtrack?

i wonder how long until we can pirate those new windows 10 games
do you think microsoft was retarded enough to have a poor drm scheme that allows pirates to play online?

That'll be £300 mate.

autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201609027364229?search-target=usedcars&make=honda&model=civic&quantity-of-doors=3&searchcontext=default&sort=default&radius=1500&postcode=hd21ht&page=1&onesearchad=new,nearlynew,used&logcode=p&adPos=2

yeah i was playing it with the burnout playlist the orchestral theme didn't feel right. felt early 00's as fuck!

The Crew would be so much better if we could get a Lada.

your taste a shit and you should kill yourself then
tho I agree S/S is great

Race on!

Until someone reverse-engineers the wrapper.

i hope we can emulate it soon…btfo m$

you wold still need win 10 to play them because they only use DX12

🏁 bawmp 🏁

car looks frustrated

You'll probably get tired of the games in time again if you got bored the first time. I still go back and play Ridge Racer games with a pad when I'm bored of ETS2 and PCars. Some days I feel like arcade racing, some days I want a more simcade racer, and some days I just feel like playing a good fighting game. Really depends on how often you think you'd play those games or new games in the future that would use it.

Having not played much of Forza (and only using a controller then), I feel like PCars is about the same level of simcade. Haven't played with a controller though in PCars, have only played on my wheel.

or like it's taking a dump

i highly doubt that the gamepad is what you got tired of. Racing games are very repetitive and some are endurance based. Don't see the input as problem in my mind.
just my 0.02

Man, fuck that Porsche, I'd rather have a wallpaper of the cars in the back.

skidrowreloaded.com/forza-horizon-3-full-unlocked/
Poorfags rejoice

No crack yet though unfortunately. But soon…

Man this shit is tempting me to just buy the game if i like it after the demo comes out.

Or just wait for a full torrent+crack

nice trips
wait for a tight repack (preferably fitgirl, bitch knows how to compress)

I'd compress my dick into her ass, if you know what I mean.

your dicks small enough, no need for compression
sorry was just ez pickins

I just noticed too those cars behind the Porsche are just completely fucked up. It's like taking a picture of expensive jewelry with a giant ass turd in the same shot.

that porsche kicked their car asses to that point

Yeah, why would they ruin a good shot with that German piece of shit?

I cannot contain my erection

JUST

anyone else bothered by the nitrous every five seconds in the crew?

and by every five seconds i mean every second

Yes

Genuinely salty. Though I still refuse to pay 30 extra dollars for the same game.

Consider yourself lucky as for you its only a matter of time.

Hang in there! With the smaller chipsets coming out, cards are bound to get cheaper relative to performance.

tbh I impulsively went forward, not sure if it was a wise move but I hadn't bought games in months.

buy an xbox one :^)

Man I hope that's soon because these medical bills aren't paying themselves
I've been itching for some nostalgic comfy since I play the first Horizon on my 360.

I know who ISN'T behind that post.

well that's a game hues won't shit up for you guys unless pirates are able to play online some time

I never knew something so fucking simple added into singleplayer could make it so enjoyable.

Maximum fucking comfy

used X1 can be found for around 100 euros here which is damn cheap

Unfortunately I'm in burgerland and used Xbones aren't as cheap.

could it be? a modern game that actually tries to be good?

There's a lot of detail put into the game that's for sure. One thing that always bugged me about some open world games was that it would start raining out of the blue without any warning. I've noticed that when it's about to rain heavy clouds make an overcast and then it starts to rain. The clouds move and when they finally pass over your location it slows into a drizzle and then stops.

Wew lad. Sounds like you need to go to agdg and learn some shit

Anyone here playing Forza on PC? Is the stuttering from Apex present in Horizon as well?

My life is complete

What stuttering? I remember a slight stutter on the initial version of Apex that was fixed with the first update by setting a fixed performance target.

God that's a nice feature.

dual boot?

A lot of people are reporting stuttering that seems to be related to streaming data. Probably related to the game being built for 30 FPS by default.

I don't know then, but if it works like Apex on my rig it should be smooth.

What's wrong with this picture, can you spot it?

Wait a second, did they accidentally make a good game? I just remember Forza being absolutely autistic and no fun allowed.

This is Forza Horizon, not Forza Motorsport. It's a more arcadey open world spinoff.

Pretty sure the Horizon spinoff was exactly the opposite of autistic no fun allowed from the start

It's German. All Germans look like that.

Revolt

Yeah, I actually remember them making a point about how they had cameras pointed at the sky in Australia for like a month or something for those weather effects

There must be some serious corporate politic shenanigry going on that the devs were actually able to invest in making a good game without Microsoft/Anal car companies crashing it for focus-group shit. I mean, they even released a demo in a time modern devs consider demos to be bad for sales.

Supposedly MS changed their development to be less focus group-ish and a lot more "Do the devs think it's cool and can we fit it in for ship date?". Also the creator of Need For Speed is one of the heads of Microsoft Studios these days so that probably helped Playground with getting away with a lot of dumb shit (Also Photogrammetry is a ridiculously good tech that's cheaper than what people think)

It's even more amazing when they have that deal with Ford where Ford paid MS to put the GT 2017 on the cover of FM6 (And the F-150 Raptor on FH3).

You've got the Dreamcast cars?

bravo playground

It's okay with a pad anyway, but still, would have enjoyed using my toy steering wheel. But at least they're aware it doesn't work and will probably release a patch at some point in the future.

How do I make cars in the crew not handle like boats? The default gamepad settings are fucking trash.

Also aside from the "chance to double perk points" perk, what are the best perks to spend your CC on?

They knew that people would be more inclined to 'upgrade' to windows 10 if they made FH3 really good.

Save your CC as it's paid currency unless there's some way to get it regularly. Also you get Perk points fairly regularly. I'd say the more money and experience one (which honestly should have been the one to go with from the start).

Yeah, until you reach level 50.

If you have Wild Run, Summits and qualifiers can give you some CC if you're not too shit. And AFAIK you can still buy perk points with in game money, of which there's no shortage of.

Is there any reason to get The Crew Complete Edition over just Wild Run and season pass? It's fucking confusing on every site.

Not that I know of

Nevermind, finally figured it out. It's literally just the game with the two things on top of it. Shit, it takes too much effort for simple things like that.

What are some car/classes that are fairly easy o drive on Rfactor? I want to get into sims

First DF video is up, Horizon at 4k 60fps. One of these days I'll be able to play it at 4k myself. One of these far far days.

Get Race 07 and trash the WTCCs

Anything slow really. There's enough content in rFactor that you could pretty much throw darts looking for low HP cars and find a bunch of things.

Alternatively like said and throw yourself in WTCC/BTCC cars.

Hot shit, if only it wasn't Win10. I'd buy it and at least play with my brother.

Late '00s touring cars. Try a 320i since it's rwd.

apparently FH3 has some real crazy protection that is causing all kinds of downloading problems like someone in previous thread had. If you copy any game files they will become corrupt.
Same shit that happens with ReCore, file size stays the same but contents of file get rekt

Thats stupid easy to fix, just compare the memory map of the corrupted file vs non-corrupted file and write a patch.

If it uses some kind of denuvo shit you cal write an emulator that simulates the conditions that it needs to run and write a patch based on that. That's what CPY did to break denuvo

they've been trying several methods
help em
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=72399

You don't. Upgrades down the line help a bit but in the end the handling model is shit and all you can do it polish it a little but not make it not-shit.

In other news, I ended up gambling and getting FH3 and man am I glad I did. I got lucky and it actually runs pretty ok on my machine. [email protected]/* */, 970 and 8GB RAM and I can run it at medium with a pretty steady 60. Big cities like the Surfers Paradise or whatever fuck it's called and rain drop it to around 40 and I get about 45-55 in races when there are 5 or more cars on screen at once. There's some stuttering that might be related to the hypotethical streaming data issues but it doesn't run smooth enough for me that I could be 100% sure. It runs well enough and mostly at 60 so it's all good in my books though. Obviously they need to patch it since a huge part of the PC players are having all sorts of issues.

The game itself is fucking great though. So much to do and there are a ton of little things that show they really knew what they were doing, like if you stop while in high gear one press of the downshift button will bring you to first, why more games don't do this I'll never know. Also the livery editor is really great, the stamp button is something I've wanted since NFS Carbon. Handling feels good though I've been keeping it on the normal setting because to me this is more of a arcade fun racing game than a sim racer and the normal handling model with assists turned off does it for me. Game looks fucking great even on medium and the map is really fun to drive around and there's a ton of variety in the enviroment. It's a little jarring when you suddenly hit the edge of a dry plain that suddenly changes to a lush rainforest. There are also some bugs that cause straight up CTDs like if you press preview horn while you don't have a horn highlighted you'll crash or if you full screen the game manually before the game has a chance it'll crash. Most of them look like bugs from the port job.

Any motherfucker who bought the 100 bucks package and is playing now should go and drive the Regera. I've never experienced sense of speed like that in a video game. The Direct Drive system makes it take off like a rocket and the top speed is somewhere around 400km/h.

So now I have pretty much completed The Crew what else is there to do? Seems they want me to buy DLC constantly.

some critics are hating on FH3
ibtimes.co.uk/forza-horizon-3-review-playground-games-drifts-off-wheel-xboxs-latest-racer-1582149

Wew

wew indeed

>How video games reflect the right-wing politics of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz

Surprise! The only one giving Horizon 3 a negative review is a libshit. I guess they don't like fun.

Are there any other racing games that an A E S T H E T I C like this one but are actually good? New ones preferably but I'd even take old ones.

please use archive.is/gaming/2016/09/forza-horizon-3-performance-framerate-and-4k-tests-in-windows-10/

LEL ars reviewers have toasters and can't even review

archive.is/qzC6R too

I don't know if the issues are related, but I have a lot of stuttering/frame pacing issues if the framerate is under the target. Apex had these issues on the first release and they went away after patching, so maybe it's on the works for Horizon. Because right now, while Apex ran comfortably in 1080/high, I have to go down to 900/low on H3 to avoid the crazy stuttering.
But I'll agree the game is amazing. Lots of features, lots of content, the map seems pretty well designed and it drives pretty well. And most of all, it actually looks and feels like a finished game (bugs aside), not another early access game.

Shit, I though you could get CC by doing Crew events. Whatever, I bought the Cadillac Brougham. Hate how I have earn new parts for different specs. Also Acceleration and braking bonuses are worthless right?

This has been known for a while.

I can understand where they're coming from, criticizing the fact the game kinda went the Call of Duty way of adding more shit on top of fundamentally the same game, but 2/5 is harsh for something that does the job. And honestly I don't know why they brought up DiRT Rally so many times in the review, both games are completely different they might as well not be in the same genre.

Sounds like it was written by someone not really giving a shit about pretend supercars but tasked with doing the review.

To be fair, all the bonuses are pretty worthless. I never really felt like they changed the way the car handled.

In any case, with the new loot system once you have a level 50 plat part it's trivial to get the other ones so you can have the bonus you like

We're on mumble, likely going to get another Crew run going on again.

Remember, here's the info for the server:

Address: torvalds.xyz

i also paid for the dlc like the goodest goy

Why did they change the radio stations? Some of the new songs are good, but some of them clip and are terrible quality MP3s, but no PWSteal.Ldpinch.D is a near deal breaker for me.

Wonder what he would think that the developers of his "Gold Standard" game thinks Horizon 3 so great they would bunk off at work to go play it as well.

Outrun Coast2Coast?

mega.nz/#!ncg2VQKR!mTgRGBKViB1zRsdBgQis0dhL_ArEyY-cjZ27J-rHEN4

I will join you sometime anons, just not tonight.

Interesting

My main laptop PC is a 970m, 12 GB of DDR4 and a Skylake i7. I should get a solid 60fps on medium at the very least.

tfw i slammed my headset raging

I was thinking something more in the style of classic Out Run. Also I just discovered there was a Speccy version of Out Run, which is nice.

i was playing the crew for hours thinking it was locked at 30 fps. just flipped it to 60 in the settings.

i'll rejoin mumble but i won't talk else all you hear will be fans and screaming people

Why must Autotrader tease me so?

You got a murder dungeon or something?

what game you playing?
what car are you driving?

this is my goty tbh

i got a portuguese speaking family who descend from poles and so they fit both the spic stereotype and the polish stereotype perfectly.
It's also 40c here and i've set my computer fans to jet engine mode

Oi nigs, i've just downloaded The Crew since it's free but it just crashes a few seconds after i pressed the Play button, all i got is a "The Crew game has stopped working". Wat do?

hit it with a stick until it`s not so lazy and gets to work
u on ya on nig

This is my fault for playing Ubishit games, even if it's free. Should've just kept playing SLRR and be extremely autistic.

mfw there'll never be a great street racing games like NFSU2, SRS, etc

Interestingly, I don't remember any of these songs. Maybe my DVD was on a later version that doesn't have them. As to why, idk, usually licensing issues.

penile status: hardened

This one can happen when many things are wrong. Check the log in the Event Viewer, see if it pops up some dll name that can point to DX or something. Otherwise, unplug controllers and disable overlays (including UPlay), the usual.

Bruh nah. I'm not a computer expert but 2.6 seems like an awfully low number compared to 4.3 especially in this case where the game can't get full potential from multiple cores and just kinda maxes out one while only tickling the others. Even if you've got more threads and less nm or whatever the fuck don't count on this game to utilise it at all. Also I'm pretty sure a 970M is just straight up worse than a proper 970 by quite a margin. If I can't get solid 60 on medium then don't expect that you'll get close to that.

You could get 60 on medium if they patch it to work like it would be reasonable to expect. Requiring this much power for a console game is frankly just ridiculous but it's still better than not having the game at all.

I don't have a controller other than my mouse, overlay's disabled, not sure what's an event viewer but i assume it's the uPlay's launcher log and i'm not sure i find anything really. Rolled back driver to 368.22 and still nothing.

Man i really really want a fun street racing game…

Interestingly, on my 4710MQ (2.4 Ghz, 3,3 on boost) I get core #1 at 100% but a few other cores also in the 50% range, so maybe the game will only put computations on the other cores if needed. The bottleneck is most likely my 880M which runs at 99% all the time, yielding a mostly solid 60 FPS on 900p/low.

So yeah, 60 FPS achievable in 1080p/low, maybe 900p/medium but doubtful about 1080p/med.

Event Viewer is the Windows log. If you have 8.1 or 10 you can press Win+X and select it in the menu, otherwise just search in the start menu bar. Then inside the EW, Windows Logs\Applications and there should be some crash data about the game.

2.6 is its normal clock speed, turbo is 3.5

Also, a Skylake is quite a big jump from a Sandy Bridge. and DDR4 is quite a big jump from DDR3 (in theory anyhow)

sage because doublepost

I'm still using Windows 7 so i guess i don't have that. I'm going to try to install W7 R2 Service Pack 1 along with that Windows update that came in the Crew's support folder since a guy apparently fixed it that way. If it fails i'm done with this Ubishit garbage.

That's still a smaller number and doesn't change the fact that the rest of the computer is not as good either. All I'm saying that if you do get the game, don't expect to get better performance than I do. Similar might be possible by some miracle but I'm doubtful of that as well. Results from seem to back my claims.

Clock speed isn't everything, its the equivalent of engine speed in RPMs. See;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megahertz_myth

You're probably right and my rig wont run it that well, but don't just look at clock speed to determine how well a processor runs, otherwise a Pentium 4 running at 4GHz would be equivalent to your chip

Either way I'm poor as fuck so I won't know for sure until I download it
Honestly though, given my RAM should be faster, and we're comparing a Sklake i7 to a Sandy Bridge i5, I think I should fare alright, but we'll see

up date your driver, there was an issue with an nivida diver months back that would crash the game the second you load it,

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1459475-Do-NOT-update-to-Nvidia-368-39-Drivers

I'm fully aware of this but I don't have the time or will to keep up with every architecture change and nuance so that I can tell what's slightly better than what at first glance. Clock speed usually gives a general idea and especially in a case where a game is not utilizing all the bells and whistles it should. This mentality has serverd me well enough for 20 years and I imagine it will in the future. In those 20 years I've also not played or seen a game where RAM speed gives any significant boost in video games. What I have noticed though is that a graphics card matters a whole lot in pretty much 100% of the cases and yours is clearly worse. From all this, the user from before and the general state of the game from reports from other players I would say that you'll be pretty lucky if you get a SOLID 60 at 1080 on medium. If you end up getting the game at some point, report back with your performance because I'm interested to see how wrong or right I was.

In the end I would probably say that it's still worth it to play the game at 1080/low if you can get 60 FPS. Certainly beats the console option of [email protected]/* *//medium. For me graphical fidelity in racing games is more for screenshots anyway since it's one of the video game genres where you have the least time to admire the small details while playing.

How did you get the Regera to unlock? If I go into the Autoshow, DLC cars, it asks me to pay for the pack. They're not available in the garage.

Did I miss something, or was I hit by the VIP bug that seems to exist?

Pretty sure photomode renders things at max regardless of settings so settings matter even less for screenshots.

Probably the latter. I would personally contact MS support and tell them about it because I'm a paranoid fuck.

I had all 15 cars in the DLC section when I got access to the autoshow. Do you get double credits when you spin the wheel thing when you level up?

The VIP bug is fucking unacceptable. They better fix that shit real fast and bend over for some recompense because there's no reason why one platform has a bug like this effectively robbing value from the people who bought the stupid edition.

The photomode seems pretty fucking junk or maybe I don't know how to use it. It applies all these fucking disgusting effects that basically have the same effect as vaseline on the lens and I couldn't really figure out how to turn that shit down. Adjusting things like shutter speed helped but I could never get the image look sharp no matter what slider I tweaked.

sage for doublepost

they already have therir money from you they don't give two shits

That wouldn't be a very smart or sustainable business strategy. Right now I have no reason to believe they would not patch these things at some point. We'll see in a few weeks I guess.

I really fucking hate this trend of putting arrows on the ground to tell you the trajectory to get

How fucking casual you have to be in order to don't know how to follow the road, shit

Sounds like focus and aperture. Turning aperture down all the way should make everything focused. Care to post one of your screenshots so I can see for myself?

its been working in AAA games for years

I wouldn't really call it a trend considering it's been a part of sim and simcade driving games for a decade. Luckily you can disable it in most games. When I start playing a game that has a driving line on by default I leave it on just to feel it out and every time I feel like the game is holding my hand and basically driving for me more than any actual assist. If you have it on you lose all sense of being on a track and instead you just follow the line while not learning anything about the car, the track or the physics engine let alone any technique about how to actually drive well.

Looking at that video if I had to choose something that really needs to go away is the whole water on the camera bullshit. You can't even disable that shit in most games. I guess it's maybe an effort to try and make cockpit view "balanced" but I don't think that's something that should be a concern. As a visual effect it's just retarded and gets in the way.

I haven't actually taken any screenshots because they all look like crap in the preview while taking the pic. I'll try to mess with it some more at some point.

Meanwhile Arkham Knight was such a mess that everyone started issuing refunds and on top of that they still worked on the bugs. I don't know if they managed to fix all of them but clearly they tried to make amends for their fuck up.

Can't really articulate it but I felt more bored playing TDU2 than 1. Also going from Ibiza to Hawaii again sucked.

Oh and boring car roster. All of the cars drive the same and are uninteresting to collect

The Horizon games have fucking awful soundtracks and I hate that 3 has the skill song mechanic which means I can't just leave my radio station on 'off' without fucking myself over

Nope, apparently there may be issues with changing regions and the VIP status and I may have triggered that. I'll be saving the wheel spins until I reinstall the game with the correct region and hope it fixes the issue.

I understand it for track racing games, at least to help you learn the braking points and racing lines, but in open world games I prefer the The Crew way of a blue serpentine in the air.

Considering the way Apex improved over the few updates it received, I'm hopeful.
What's a shame though, is that the early access time is mostly wasted in little issues like these instead of fully enjoying the game. And since it happens on a weekend, no chance of a fix.

And I must say I didn't get any day one patch and only a 49 GB pre load while other people have had patches and different file sizes so maybe something's wrong.

Fuck yeah i got Da Croo to fucking work, it'll probably be some hardly any good street racing game but i'll take it since there are no other street racing games anymore lately.

Okay nevermind it just crashes again after a few moment of black screen even if i set it to windowed by the game's config in the documents.

Also

One of my friends had a similar issue because he didn't notice the game required DX11 since Wild Run and tried running it on a DX10 card that would have done fine without WR.

What are your specs?

I can run shit on DX11 fine, my gfx is GT630M though.

apex forces you to update to windows 10 anniversary to receive an update for their game

being that anniversary is an "opt in" update because it strips away settings that you were able to use in the old version of windows 10 that isn't a good example.

That's mostly because wheel support was added with the last XInput update that comes with 1607.

Is it REALLY worth spending money on either season pass or Wild Run?

Also how do GRID and GRID Autosport compare?

Anyone know where to get a clean copy of NASCAR Racing 2003? (Also might be handy to have for the /ogc/ Wiki)

I was playing TDU2 and TDU1 yesterday, Yup, I found out. TDU2 is a boring slog compared to TDU1.

First grid is fun, I tried autosport its pretty bad. AI is poor (the cars will just run into you all the time), cockpit view is shit, handling is terrible as well.

Thanks for telling. I'll be getting it. Now, as for paying for the already-present content in a game that I got for free, I have to give a thought.

On the topic of braking lines, are there any tips of getting gud enough to disable them in track sims without just doing a single track with a single car a ton of times until the brake points are ingrained in your mind?

Reference points, it takes me about 10 laps with the racing line on to have a good idea of the lap.

Wild Run on sale is worth it, I paid $9 for it so I've been satisfied so far. Season pass isn't really worth it as it doesn't add anything other than cars.

wild run is 12$ right now… if you liek original game i guess it is?

I am on the fence at the moment, not sure what else I want to do now that I finished the story and most of the skills.

Outside of adding Drag, Monster, and Drift specs and bikes of varying specs, it does a lot to add on to the competitive mode by having events with different cars and different locations leading up to the main event at the end of the month where you can earn shit at. I've been playing it for about 5 hours now and it's pretty cool so far.

What the fuck I'm not embedding this shit

stop jacking it to sims

It's so good to get away from the claustrophobic east coast.

Getting to Vegas by night is quite an amazing sight.

wew

saturday racing day

nothing but people saying they paid $100 for the game and it will not download or their wheel isn't supported

So I finally reached Los Angeles in The Crew and it looks like I'm near the end of the story mode. This is probably the only racing game I've played that forces you into a specific vehicle and makes it difficult to drive anything else. I chose the 370Z as a starter car, bought a Skyline and then a Raptor, and even after sending a bunch of you people on faction missions I still only have 200k; far short of dosh needed for more exotic and cool cars.

Did ubisoft change the pricing and the rate of getting dosh when they released the game for free? It looks like it's tailored to a "pay to not grind" model.

get more gold medals, i had no trouble with money

redo older shit for ez gold medals and easy money
plus save that blue money the CC just for cars

Other mumble got nuked for some reason, but I did find out the original mumble is still up:

Address: 8v.servers.moe

I've added this mumble link to the group's page, with the other one as a secondary backup.

How do I disable auto entering skills in The Crew? I just want to cruise

Nvm figured it out
Disable Display World Spots in options

The crew is extremely boring, it's a huge grind and the physics are not even half decent. I don't want to have to earn money to unlock the car I want, I just want to drive around and not be bothered with this awful story. Give it a 2-3 years, they'll make a Forza Horizon the scope or greater than the crew. Here's hoping.

I suspect their new DLC which looks like to be glorified Cops and Robbers will be pretty shit.

i playing it with a wheel it feels like an amusement park ride even with the driving set to "sim" its hard to ram into cars driving down the street like the game is keeping you on a "track" in the road.

I honestly swear there is some auto assist that tries to "push" you in the direction of the road. For example I tried to take a shortcut by jumping in a challenge but all of a sudden I started veering to the left into a wall.

Lets talk Dirt Rally a bit, Holla Forums.
I'm not into racing enough to spend money on a wheel (yet), so I'm playing with a controller, and I'm playing Rally courses at the Open level with Renault Alpine A110.

I've lurked a few of these threads and never seen anyone ask for driving advice, so I hope I don't get bullied.

In Germany, where the stage is in big open fields and on mostly asphalt & concrete, I can get a 30 second lead on the AI even if I fall out of line five times and have to get back to the road.
But, on any of the bumpy gravel courses I have a ridiculously hard time keeping myself on the road anywhere over 70mph, and yet I can only barely keep a 5 second lead over the previously derp-as-fuck AI, if I manage to not crash.
It seems like I need to be faster and more aggressive, but if I push anymore I have to be lucky to stay on the road.

How do I drive in stages like Greece?
I'm worried that if I go up to higher levels without having that 30 second lead at every location in Open that I'll get bodied.

Why is wanting a comfy cruising game so much suffering?

welcome to real rallying ;^) greece is mad annoying cause sometimes the roads get super narrow and bumpy, gunning in top speed isn't priority, cornering is key Sounds like it could be two things going wrong.
Rally cars are going to feel more "loose" on gravel/snow, no where near the straight line like in concrete. I like my car to be really touchy on gravel. I keep my brakes 50% and my gear ratio maybe 3-4 clicks from the shortest so I have the best acceleration out of corners and stops me from trying to be a speed demon.
Gravel/Snow rallies are lost/won in the corners. It's not like concrete where you have amazing acceleration out of corners. For gravel you have to find the line and throw your car into the corner, sliding is good.

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Otherwise, if you try to play this game like you did the earlier DiRT games you're gonna get wrecked. Literally. Take this as advice from a casualfag.

No. I want Burnout Paradise, only even more hectic and nerve racking.

I feel cheated.

Play PvP, and make sure you added enough random people to send as many friends as you can.

FH3 really reminded me of some sort of TDU3. It's little things, like the roads discovered counter or a GPS that talks and will automatically put a marker on the next event. The feeling is there.
But it's not a real TDU game because all the characters don't look like botched post-op trannies.

this. pvp. if you have wild run, do the pvp in the summit events. way more casual and fun tbh.

fuuuck

arg got so annoyed with the hot potato airport game over and over and over

Welp, at least M$ support isn't so shit after all, got it refunded in 5 minutes.

You guys didn't disable the assists

Either it's shitty optimization either I need to buy a PC

Can anyone tell me what's the minimum price to run nowadays PC games at a good framerate? It's been years since I haven't bought anything related to commputers

You dumbass, that shit has been cracked for a long time now.
And it's a shit game to boot.

get whatever card that has 4gb of vram

good luck with that that game is hard even with a good wheel setup

Now it all makes sense.

I have like 200 hours in the game and I'm decent with a 360 controller.

for video cards:
you need a card with 4 or more GB of vram. vram use to be vram low on the bottlenecks for games but with the new systems(ps4/xbone) devs are bloating the requirements for it (muh shaders) and it's bleeding over to PC games..

for nvidia card 600 seriesor up video card will do for 720p be sure its a "mid level" card or higer her a 680 will run better than 750.

Ram:
DDR 3 is the best at the moment. DD2 is on its way out. DDR 4 is slower than ddr 3 in reall world test. be sure that your board supports it

cpu: i5 is of you want to save money there isn't a big jump in fps going from i5 to i7.

power : just look at the power requirement. of the stuff you buy. what's funny is newer hardware requires less power. because they are more efficient.

I'm not an ATI guy so i can't remember shit i don't use.

>>10802626
>>10804676
Thanks guys, I won't give up!

Thanks guys, I won't give up.

Any idea what is happening with that Crew Police DLC? Will we be able to form the Border Patrol?

2 days for the proper release of Horizon 3.
Chance of a patch by release; Zero.

if its all case mission it will suck i hate the case and ram mission because the fake as fuck physics

Nah you just need a controller with pressure sensitive triggers.

IMO what ruined it was not the fakeness, it's the fact the damage is totally random. 300 kph into some dude can be 12 dmg but a tap 30. Made these missions pretty terrible to play.

Isn't the cracked version of Mad Max shitty and is only of the release version with no patches? Unless a new one got made.

It features driving predominantly so it counts, barely.

Also regarding Forza Horizon 3, the barn find cars are sometimes done up Racing livery's for the R32 and Jag MK.II, the mural on the panel ute, the Falcon XB being straight up the Interceptor When they're restored do they keep those modifications or it just a tease?

And holy shit 3 days for this thread, Mark does need to up bump limit.

I don't know, it runs fine without any issues. As far as I played it, which isn't very far because it's a shit game.

aw fuck we're on page 9 already with over 300 posts

Holy shit, I remember when the threads took week to reach bump limit

Shit would take a month and a half to get to the auto bump. We fast now It will be dead again soon enough. There's nothing left in the barrel for racing in 2016 that I know about

Just a gentle reminder for you wonderful fags playing The Crew. Get level 43-45 Gold parts on your vehicles before grinding out for Platnium. It will cut a fuckton of grinding and save a lot of heartache.

How? See those skills in the West Coast that offer 43-45 parts? Do them, but do NOT go for Platnium medals, get the Gold instead. It will give you a high level gold part. If you have to park your car and wait for 10 seconds. Done right you should be getting your vehicle up to around level 997 before starting out your grind. I'll make a list of the Skills on the West Coast worth doing before you start your grind at a later date.

Guys this new Forza looks like shit. It reminds me a little bit of grid, trying to be a shitty movie instead of a racing game. Also are your cars even getting damaged in that shit game?

It also overall feels very arcadish to me. Only watched videos so far but these guys crash into sit and it barely affects them.

Has one of you tried it? Is it good? I mean I waited for this game to come to pc since ages, played forza 1 on the original xbox back then. Now it gets released for pc and it's nothing like the xbox version.

Sorry about this being in Germany, I just click through the videos and this one turned out to be german.

Anyway, look at 13:45, he crashes into that light or electricity thing and nothing happens to his car.

Like the rest of the Horizon games, it has more of an arcade tilt than Motorsport. There is still damage, just not much in the way of actual deformation even on the sim damage model. I've been playing it and having fun, but I would suggest waiting for the PC demo to come out to see if you like it, there's also Apex on PC if you want to play Motorsport.

I wish we could go back to old days when buggy games would just instantly die, Saints Row 2 and UT3 for example.

UT3 got fixed and even got like over 1GB of new content but people still didn't forgive that games bad start.

If we got rid of Reddit there would be no audience for unfinished buggy games.

I guess you don't know the difference between Horizon and Motorsport. Game is fucking good. Easily the most fun I've had with a driving game since Most Wanted in 2005. Sounds like you're too far up your ass to enjoy it though. Maybe look into rFactor or Assetto Corsa or some other game that actually tries to be a simulator since that's what you seem to be after.

Killing those websites is not going to kill the people who visit them. This will only cause them to go to a new place and turn that into shit.

Well I actually don't, I have only played Motorsport so far. My brother had the first Horizon but by that time I was so much into school that I barely played any games and totally skipped that one.

But those games are missing some features. I can't customize cars in them like I can do in Forza.

Is there a way we can kill both at the same time?

New thread;