Remember when people had such high hopes for this?

I remember. I also remember when people found out about how cucked the localization was.

Thankfully it tanked.

What was so bad about it?

It was on the Wii U.

That was before it was made known just how fucked up the localization was. Hopefully one day some autistic/devoted fan can give it a proper retranslation/restoration unfuck-my-shit patch.

It was a mess in terms of plot. Localization only made it worse.

The characters looked disgusting.

To add to that, I liked Xenoblade for the Wii and had been seriously considering getting a Wii U for XCX until it became evident just how badly 8-4 and NoA/Treehouse (I forget which it was; they might as well be the fucking same as they're both prone to being bad) had screwed with it. Ultimately, choices like that by Nintendo's American branch have saved me a lot of money, since I still don't see much reason to personally get a Wii U (or a 3DS for that matter).

Disgusting how the idea of an accurate translation with changes kept to a minimum is apparently not real common amongst professional companies in [CURRENT YEAR].

im playing this game now. its just hours and hours pf fetch quests

Thankfully I didn't get cucked and didn't waste good money on the system, but it still hurts how both came to be such shit.

I got one secondhand for 100 roobux
I don't regret it

Aren't pre-owned games a little bit cheaper?

the localization

Naturally

I have pirated wii u and couldn't stand the shitty music and quests. I hate fetch quests. Why would anyone ask a negro to sing for their game is beyond me. It's not surprising from western cock sucker takahashi and his feminized wife.

What the fuck happened here a minute ago?

I suppose it depends on the game, store, and whether it's current gen or past gen, but I doubt it. Plus I think he was trying to say he got the system for that price, not games.

Everyone I know who's played it likes it.

Have you told them about how much it got fucked with in bringing it west, and are they sort to even care about that?

You can play wiiu games for free on the last firmware but it's not worth it. Also cemu is progressing fast.

Do you really fucking think that's a good thing? Nintendo of America wanted it to tank, and the same is true for every god damned localization they have to do ala deliberate sabotage. They're happy it failed you dumb fuck so this way Nintendo of Japan won't force them to actually change their ways and can casualize for the family friendly image and kid crowd.

Shit, yeah I was talking about the system. You can pick up Xenoblade for 40 roobux secondhand.

Most wouldn't care if they knew. I've only ever seen hate for it here and on cuckchan.

I didn't get it cause it didn't seem like my kind of RPG.

They also tried to kill Fire Embles, The Last Story, Pandora's Tower and many more. NOA is anti-japanese games and will fuck the localization of them to force NOJ to westernize the company and open more western studios to gain more control and power.

You play 3/4 of the game before you get mechs. When you get mechs you are immediately outclassed by new enemies so it ruins the excitement of finally getting them.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.
Very little chance at this point of them going back, deciding what they did was wrong, and deciding to do better by western fans in the future. Not without a purge.

Wasn't it the case with TLS and Pandora's Tower that XSEED localized them, or did they just acquire the rights to existing scripts if those came to Europe first, the way Xenoblade did (where the NA release uses NoE work, with maybe some spelling changes or whatever)? I forget how exactly it went with the Operation Rainfall trio (only one I got was Xenoblade Wii at the time), but to my knowledge NoA's involvement with them was simply that they saw no purpose bringing them over themselves, and when they had to publish Xenoblade here, declined to make the game real available (which isn't to say that neither are issues, but certainly better than fucking with a game's western release for potentially all time, barring fan retranslation/restoration).

When the alternative is it selling well and Treehouse getting vast amounts of praise and more games that they can fuck around with, yes. It's a great thing it tanked.

I don't think you realize it's a lose-lose situation.

That's exactly what happened. XSEED just took the existing NoE work and published the games in America, because NoA didn't want to do it.

At one point I'd thought maybe XCX would have been better if NoE had handled it again (considering how Xenoblade Wii seemed fine), but them getting caught blacking characters in that recent Style Savvy game quickly changed my mind.

I don't get it, OP. It was pretty gud, aside from the shit story and the fact that they made your team mates act like fucking logs since they gave you 14+ smthn team mate without developing them.

And the fact that the robots didn't really add anything to the combat and in fact took stuff away from it, nor did they have the right feel to them. Or the party AI in general, or you know the entire plot being (LOOK HOW MYSTERIOUS MIRA IS ISN'T IT SO MYSTERIOUS), or the villains getting zero character development apart from Ga Jiarg who you can't recruit for some reason, hell the lack of alien recruitable characters sucked shit in general.

Or the monumentally bad quests most of which being kill x and pick up x.

Xenoblade X took all of Xenoblades faults and just made them exponentially worse while not expanding on anything in any satisfying way

The only good thing about the game were the various aliens stranded on Mira and how they interact, which should have been the part they expanded on instead of Potato-chan and Elma.

Or the localization changes which on top of everything made the game worse (seriously Fundoshi are an actual Japanese thing censoring that was just asinine)

All I know about this game is that it caused catastrophic levels of butthurt here for at least a solid month. Pretty entertaining to read.

You're the same kind of guy who disses on the original Xenoblade because it's a "single player mmo".

Love that game. Over 500 hours in it.

Have a few wicked skell builds Defeated Pharsis, the Everqueen and Telethia, the Endbringer.

Got all the achievements and have the strongest one-shot skell possible.

I 'member

If the game had come out on PS3/4 it wouldn't have been butchered. More JRPG fans on PlayStation too.

Still not a classic but a 8/10 game.

Sadly Nintendo owns the franchise.

Can they fix the localisation now?

Also i remember when Holla Forums sent a thank you card to the treehouse, only for them to destroy hopes and dreams just a year later.

Even before I realized the scope of the treehouse's faggotry, I knew that shit was a cringy mistake.

Yes, thankfully I gave up on Nintonda midway through the GC run.

The plot is an open-ended trainwreck compounded by a terrible localization that dumbs everything down to Saturday morning cartoon-tier writing. The game is kind of a slow burn until you get Skells, then it is completely broken because Skells are crazy op.

It's gone from a den of hypemasters, to the cautiously hopeful, to an absolute vacuum of hype. What a time to be alive.

Remember the loud ass music that's constantly playing?

We'll always have Paris.

I remember the great themes for the environments getting replaced by OVER DA RAINBOW once you unlocked flying.

Christ that was so awful.

But yeah the OST is pretty bad vocal soundtracks should be used to highlight important moments, not be the battle theme that you're going to hear the beginning of 3000 times in a single playthrough.

I think it's hilarious that the fucking base battle theme refers to the giant robots by their proper names, Dolls. Seriously this game's localization is full of so many asinine changes it's ridiculous

It's like they were making a low quality mmo then changed it into a single player game at the literal last second.

And the mech system was fucking garbage, no customization outside of changing it's colours and combat inside one is slower and more boring then on foot due to long cooldowns.

Why is Holla Forums always so gullible? When will we ever learn?

Because they're manchildren that desperately cling to the past.

And at the time, they still loved nintendo to death because they assumed nintendo "wanted them" as their target audience.

When Nintendo actually hates them and thinks they're fucking disgusting and has wet dreams every night about the Wii era when it finally managed to get in casuals and get away from Holla Forumstarded manchild neckbeards.

This is why they're gravitating towards mobile phones and such, Holla Forums still doesn't understand NOBODY wants them as their target audience, especially not Nintendo.

Honestly this whole post is aimed at cuckchan Holla Forums aka nintendogaf, not so much about our Holla Forums.
Our Holla Forums has pretty much given up on video games completely and doesn't buy/talk about games anymore, period.

Imagine listening only to the radio, the radio was literally your only source of music, and to top it off you weren't allowed to turn that dial right past 90.1

You'd end up hating music eventually too. You need to get out there and explore AA titles and even indie shit
No you fucking idiot, the Gone Home and Life is Strange shit are NOT true indie games, thy're A titles, made by sizable studios in San Francisco

shit like flash games are the true Indie titles

Hell, Nintendo makes a lot of AA titles too but nobody plays them so they just resort back to Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario

8-4 cucked this game.

I don't understand what you're talking about.
I never even remotely implied that i hate all new video games, i just said the board does, for the most part.
I'm fully aware there's plenty of good new titles, especially indies.
I haven't given a shit about AAA in probably 10 years.

I think some overcompensate for the "Holla Forums hates video games" meme and I think there are likely a few that are simply still desperate for something new and good. I left that feeling behind at least nearly a decade ago now. And, it's become ever more rare that I am pleasantly surprised by something. I'm sure some will say I hate video games, that I need to adjust my standards. For them, all I wonder is why they are so defensive still. Perhaps they need more hobbies and to be less singularly focused on video games and other forms of entertainment that all are getting similar treatment currently.

Lots of truth in those digits.

There's no money in JRPGs. Nintendo has always been about targeting casuals.

They understand. Hope just doesn't die easily.

Holla Forums also sent another card a year later filled with hate

so I guess it balances out

They don't.
Ain't hope, it's group psychosis.

How many anons have defeated Telethia, the Endbringer?

They have their easy mode hype machine in places like plebbit, kikebook and dumblr now. And video games will continue to suffer for it without genuine hype.

I was thinking more of the hope that normalfags will either get tired of video games and hop off the bandwagon or, sorry this going to sound ridiculous, wake up and realize AAA is shit and stop buying it. Therefore triggering the long awaited collapse and cast out the evil corps and marketers and return vidya to the fabled niche paradise of old.

I was thought it would have combat like monster hunter or at least phantasy star online. Instead your character constantly attacks nonstop with skill bar combat like it's an mmo. Maybe the game is good in that respect but without actual combat mechanics I found it to be really fucking boring. Maybe riding around in a mech would've made the game more fun to play but I dropped it soon after you get your first mission when arriving at the first city. Good thing I pirated it.

Life is a lot easier if you never have any hopes or dreams.

Patently untrue.

I have spent thousands on videogames.

Gust, Atlus, Falcom, SquareEnix, TriAce, Bandai, From, Pqube.

It's the mainstream industry that I stopped giving money too.

It's not going to happen is it?

Nigger do you not look up anything about a game before you play it?

If it had initially interested me, yeah. I just downloaded a bunch of games from a pastebin with mega links and tried each of them out. I do understand its appeal to those who enjoy this type of game, however.

I do

it hurts

Vidya is now a just another co-opted fashion genre. Miyamoto was right, video games really were the new rock and roll.

Disc 1 of xenogears was the best rpg of all time.
Even with the catastrophe that is disc 2 it's still a good game.

Though why people have any faith in xeno* franchises after monolith has fucked up literally every time for nearly 2 decades now, I just don't understand.

Don't get me started on that piece of shit
It was a fun journey, but the destination was not worth it.

It's funny, because MGSV and XCX were both my most expected games ever and I imagined them to become games of the decade at least (and I don't usually hype myself up easily). I mean, I love MGS (MGSV is the sole reason I even GOT into the series in 2013) and I loved Xenoblade, so what could possibly go wrong? Holy shit…
Don't get me started on Nintendo themselves. They were so good even in 2014, I played so many niche and just quality games on Wii U, like Mario 3D Land, two fucking Bayonettas, Hyrule Warriors, Smash., Splatoon, Zelda for 3DS and a couple ofther things. It was all going really well and I remember that time in my life very dearly, even though it wasn't that long ago.
Then suddenly (funnily coinciding with a painful breakup and cheating) boom and Nintendo fucking drops dead. I don't even know what happened. Was it Iwata? But I don't think that only his death is enoiugh to trigger all this.
What the fuck is happening to Nintendo? I was always the first to laugh at Nintendoisdoomed (considering all their money) and was always the first to point out to naysayers that despite the graphical limitations they always make quality and imaginitive games and that's what matters to me. But it's the first time I see them like this. A complete draught of games, shitty localization, butchered sequels (Metroid, Yoshi 3DS, FE). I mean, I never even saw a poor quality Nintendo game because outside of a couple of extreme cases, but now they look just like any other AAA shitty company. Where's the Nintendo polish? Where's fucking ANYTHING?
2015 was a terrible yeat for my personal life but now it feels like it somehow also poisoned video games. 2016 is just as bad, but at least it has AA6 which reinvigorated my interest in the series after all these years.
2017 looks hopeful, though, But I am not getting my hopes up just yet.

Please don't remind me. Thinking about what could have been still hurts.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

before it was put on the eshop shit was selling at gamestop for $90 used. ebay shit was like $100- $140.

And Star Fox, also.

Fuck.

Another hobby normalfags, casuals and SJWs have infiltrated.

You got a stats guide by chance? I played it enough to beat it, made a list of what materials I'd need to make the Ares 90, and then set it down and didn't pick it back up courtesy of Dragon's Dogma coming out on PC. I'd like to get back into it but there are a lot of crazy meme builds out there, but I've no clue what all they rely on or what stat to put all my equipment toward.

BK and Soma Bringer were good you fucking nigger

Imports.

Learn Japanese.

(checked)
That won't fix a game that has lots of issues anyway. The game has a lot of ass backwards design decisions like quests that revolve solely around luck when you pick up blue crystals as to what it actually is, or your party being stuck with Elma and Lin most of the time. The second is worsened by the poor translation, but Lin is still essentially forced down your throat, and you have a commanding officer who isn't doing any commanding; instead she gets dragged around by some new guy who just got there and occasionally pretends to exert her authority while still asking for the new guy's input.

naw all i rly remember is nyckas on here bitchin bout it fo monfs n monfs den it came out n lyk nobody cared fo'real

i did hear a couple ppl sayin shit was aight but it had iz problems. a nigga still don't see no reason to get ne dem consoles fam. da bone got nuthin, ps4 w/ dat bb and kofxiv fa nao, n dat wii u u kno ninty been fuk'd up w/ dat so ch'yea boi fuk da shit u kno muh nycka.

I bet you buy all their happy meal toys too.

go back to GAF

3ds piracy is plenty of reason

Hype, not even once user. Not even once.

Xenosaga 3 was a great game as well, but was hilariously also cut short due to budget in its second disc. It's a curse, they deal with it.

WHY DO YOU THINK WE WORK SO HARD TO STAY CYNICAL AND HATE EVERYTHING BEFORE IT IS EVEN RELEASED?

WE WOULD RATHER BE BITTER AND HATEFUL OF EVERY SINGLE NEW GAME THAN HAVE ANY HOPE

AND WATCH OUR HEARTS BE BROKEN AGAIN

Feels so good

MGS2 taught my 18 year old self to never get hype for anything.

So I don't anymore.

REMEMBER!?

I'm still upset.

It was one of the games that was making me consider getting Wii U. Then it turned out 8-4 was getting their grubby hands on it.

That's an interesting long term strategy . . . But then again NoA does seem to make a lot of dumb decisions.

Weren't those side character appearances randomly generated?

I remember people on cuckchan getting pissy at me for saying that the card was cringy as fuck

Two of the people in this picture are gone.

s-source??

i preodered this

That's either Motchie or Niku Ringo

I do.
Fuck my life.

I remember people comparing it to FFXV and how both games would go head to head.
Course Xenoblade X turned out to be garbage, and no one knows what to think of FFXV yet.
What a bloody mess.

I could go on and on about why this game is bad. Everyone outside of cut scenes talks like they are on the internet. The robots opetate like shit, the story has a huge ass pull, and for a place on the brink everyone sure is laid back. I would like to know what happened during the development of this game because there are some backward ass design choices