Blizzard kills the classic Battle.net brand after 20 years

archive.is/2PYcU

Press F to pay respects

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/DoTkl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

something big is coming this Blizzcon I think. I can't imagine it's something good either.

Playing Diablo 1 on dialup for the first time and seeing all those player icons made my penis really REALLY hard.

That sounds gay af son

Is this actually changing anything for older games?

This

Is it just a rebranding or are they axing the hosting for Starcraft / Diablo / Diablo 2 servers that costs about $0.43 per month?

Sounds like they're just abandoning the names.

OVERWATCH EXPANSION PACK Nº1

Calling it now. A random Overwatch spin. Ether a telltales games style Overwatch adventure game or a Overwatch fighting game.

GBR-1 was the superior chat.

Oh god, it's this isn't it?

Can we have the server software then?

You're just jealous. I understand completely.

I'll be one of those faggots that'll lap up some extra story crap expanding on the overwatch characters and world

And a SJW-Edition Diablo game/expansion (If it's an expansion for Diablo 3, hope you like your trannies shoved down your throat, or seeing your followers turn gay, reminding you that you need to be an open-minded nephalim every five fucking minutes with unfunny banter from the Scoundrel).

It's a new Diablo game.

I've heard people even saying it would be a Diablo MMO, since WoW is clearly bleeding profusely.
But then the jews who killed the MMO genre on the cradle would be all over it instead of working on WoW/OW.

A Diablo MMO would be suicide with the MMO genre dying, and Legion being a real hit and miss expansion (mostly miss because it's shit). They will either make a Diablo 4 or conclude Diablo 3 with a major update or expansion (I can see an update where you might explore the Witch Doctor's territory, and they actually end things like the terrible follower stories).

I bet is a MOBA

Don't they already have one and one fps moba?

HotS is on pretty good life support and it is semi alive. They are adding two new heroes and new map.

SC2 is also on worse one but life support nonetheless. They were some rumors on starting selling skins and voice packs.
If the one about Morgan Freeman is true, I am getting back to ladder.
Also they are currently making cash by adding mission packs and CO-OP commanders, CO-OP also got new map recently.

There is some chance they will try to make it like PoE if anything.

get the fuck out Malstrom.

Blizzard doesn't have to worry if HoTS is tanking (which it is). Fanboys will keep it alive even if they bought every ugly, incomplete hero and skin (they just won't have anything to spend their money on because they're not going to waste money on Smurf accounts).

PoE isn't a real MMO. The only thing they can do is literally rip off of PoE and Grim Dawn, trying to say it's all "ORIGINAL, DUN STEEL GOYS/GAIS" rubbish at Blizzcon.

ABLOOBLOO THEY KILLED OFF MY GENERIC CLICKSPAM TIME WASTERS

Fuck off Blizzdrones and mustardshits.

Reminder SA is in damage control mode because one of their members turned out to work for Hilldog and run her email server, said goon is also a furry who wrote NTR BDSM erotica about Hillary

Lefties on suicide watch

WoW is THE Diablo MMO, WoW MMO was in development since 2001 and was named World of Diablo but after finding out they couldnt put proper factions and couldnt market it properly because of anti-christian shit they decided to switch the theme to Warcraft after they saw WC3 becoming insanely popular even more popualar than Diablo2

Hell the vanilla talent trees are basicly copypasted from Diablo2 and classes are 99% same, only difference is Necromancer is named Warlock and uses demons instead of skeletons and some smaller tweaks, even the lowbie zones resemble more Diablo than Warcraft universe itself.

This almost sounds legit…if you don't count the classes that are nowhere similar any of the D2 classes (Hunter, Priest).

If anything, WoW is more like Diablo 3 with world quests and legendaries you have to pray to god will come to you if you want to experience end game (to add insult to injury, people will be pricks if you're unfortunate enough to get a shitty legendary).

Now I want to see CNN talking about the erotic Hillary fanfiction written by Hillary's mail server operator. If they talked about Pepe, they'll talk about anything.

That cant possibly be tr-

F

I hope Blizzard dies in my lifetime. Not because of this specific event, mind you.

eventually my one nycka jus used b.net as a chatroom. even copped my sc disc offa me jussa get on dat ish n talk 2 his nyckas fam shit was real monica

SA IS FINISHED

Diablo2 added more classes in expansions

WoW is Diablo3, thats one of the reasons why Diablo 3 wasnt even in development until recent years and Blizzard was evading to answer if Diablo3 will ever become a thing

sauce pls

The scumbag goons like Shmorky and Fatbeef along with faggots like Cabbagepots will still keep SA alive. Lowtax isn't going away soon.

True, but Priest doesn't have a D2 comparison. You could say Hunter is based off the Druid's shitty pet tree.

well they had to add some classes and new things that werent in Diablo in later stages of development after they switched

seem lyk dey out of touch n ain't gonna be able to replenish w/ yung nyckas as much ne more cuz dey b so much free outlets for dat type of shit. SA is either unknown or has a bed rep w/ most nyckas.

F

Ass-holes like Wil Wheaton will probably try to support SA, since SA is partly responsible for making that ass-hat relevant. Mike Nelson of MST3k is probably trying to avoid any affiliation with SA even though Pyrion Flax of Dota tries to brag about being a good like an autistic faggot,

What.

kek sauce plz

No idea what this has to with Blizzard being faggots but I'll laugh anyway

Long story short, with the Let's Play and Retsupurae cliques going full SJW (mainly Fatbeef and Ironicus/Cheezum), Shmorky becoming a batshit insane tranny scumbag, the Zoey Quinn hoopla, and Lowtax's personal life going to Hell with a divorce (lol), SA's reputation took a major beating over the years.

Also, why pay $10 to be a sjw cunt on a horrible forum when you can do that shit for free?

J U S T
U
S
T

I haven't followed Lotax or SA after the mods tried to stop people from making fun of Buckley and Dobson (Why? Buckley is a piece of shit, and CAD is a horrible comic. Buckley deserves to get his shit kicked in). What's new with that putz Lowtax?

Does this mean niggers?

ch'yea fam try n keep up muh nycka

Final fantasy 11 was a wonderful mmo at the time. Extremely hard and wouldn't do well at all in today's pussy market.

no, it was just poorly documented. the game is honestly really chillax compared to everything now but just way more time consuming.

Absolutely Golden.

still a washed up has-been clinging to relevance and the days when the 10bux well wasn't nearly bone dry

that said he wrote a review for Revolution 60 that's good for a couple hearty keks

archive.is/DoTkl

Its the next hero for overwatch, Shes a hacker. Calling it now, there will be some "errors" and glitches and shit, and she will crash the blizzcon convention.

Battle.Net is shit.
Blizzard games in MP are shit and populated by subhumans.

They are working on starcraft HD and will port it to battlenet.v2
They will probably do the same to other titles.

It's just brand name change
No biggie

WoW vanilla servers of some sort and maybe a new game or a new IP. Overwatch, Hearthstone, Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are being run on skeleton crews. That means a huge portion of their workforce is working on something new and you have their usual WoW team working on WoW.

but diablo 3 was in development for years. they just threw it all away in favor of nu-rpg stylistics

Given Legion's relative success thus far, the prospects of legacy servers have probably been delayed. Given it's been a few months since Nost talked with Blizz, it's not completely out of the question, but I'm not holding my breath. It's probably something Diablo-related, since that franchise has been the one that hasn't had attention for the longest.

You don't think like a greedy jew. Something is popular and well liked means you have to capitalize on it. It'd make a lot more sense for them to announce that they're officially working on vanilla servers and that "beta test will start summer of 2017", which means mid 2018 in Blizzard language.

The real question is what is bonfire up to?

Not just any goon for Hillary, but Hillary's chief IT guy who might have just sunk Hillary because Holla Forums anons did some digging and found a Reddit post from him asking how to delete e-mails.

Leftists on ("assisted") suicide watch indeed.

It seems like Something Awful truly is something awful.

To be fair that game was completely fucking joyless so it's hard making a fun LP of it but fuck, this was just miserable.

Just want to put it out there, I really REALLY fucking hate this industry.

So sick and tired of this shit. Can't we just have GOOD games? Why the fuck is it so hard.

With no survivors?

It will be a female->male->female donut steel, that way it will get all the tranny bonus points without any of the icky male patriarchy privilege.

No shit

F

They don't even try for their dimes anymore.

how dare you like what i dont like

Seriously though if you like WoW, SC2 or Diablo 3 you're a fucking retard

Slap my ass and call me a sperglord,

stay triggered facecuck. if you actually bothered to browse this place for longer than 10 seconds you'd know there's daily Blizzard game threads and the only shitposting is whiny victimizing horseshit like your post.

I have no trouble talking about Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft and Diablo 2.

Why do Blizzdrones even post here?
They're the original Bethesda/Bioware shitters

Blizzard has always been a shit company and had shit online DRM even before Steam.

Theyll never admit they like eating shit though

JUst kill yourself already

Pic related

Old shit was passable, Overcuck threads dont belong here however.

man I miss when games had an actual color pallet with contrast and not just random rinsebucket looking horseshit. can't believe for instance people honestly think Night Elf zones in wow look good.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they were going to port Wacraft 3 to bnet 2.0 and we already know that a big new patch for it is supposed to come out soon (tm).

If anything, I'm more worried about them using this as a publicity stunt to educate people and show them that Warcraft used to be an RTS series before they butchered it so when they announce Warcraft 4, there won't be as many people asking questions like: "I thought there was only WoW?"
They'll make it and that will be the end. There is no way that WC4 could be a good game.

if anyone should be able to sympathize with ex blizzfags it should be westwoodfags, considering Westwood getting eaten killed off most of their good franchises and ruined the ones EA thought would make a pretty penny, especially C&C
Blizzard had so much to live for and all of their exciting IP and concepts quietly disappeared into the night because of the merger

how does it feel to be wrong?

AYYY LMAO

Take your casual RPG shit outta my board, faggot.

Go back to librechan.
Or rather reddit, since you're probably just giving them a bad name.

It will be a new expansion. likely standalone to get some more suckers to buy it They've been working on it before the last one was out, they might as well release it.

For Warcraft i wouldn't be suprised if we get Mini-game for mounts (Like battle pets, there is a vast amount of them, but many players ultimately just has got/get one that they stick with, so this will be a attempt to keep faggots going for the store bought-ones and make the shitty ones everyone get be somewhat more "useful".) and the start of Abyssea-like content "mini expansions" (probably be "scenarios" you can buy for a LEGENDARY TRINKET or a easy "free" daily with good EXP for alts or something.)

Overwatch? Expansion announcement, or at minimum the first new PAY ADDITIONALLY Character.

Warcraft 2 and the AoE games, I loved for the colors. I spent more time in the map editors than in the games.

Don't see them touching the RTS genre for a while considering SC2 is a major failure (not financially, but critically) and that the RTS offshoot HotS is complete garbage and dead.

If I were to hazard a guess, they would put an even greater focus on the hero units and their skills, use the hero units as their main advertising point, and create a sort of RTS/Assfaggots hybrid that tanks anyway.

Diablo mobage.

Could that even happen?
It probably could.

Or they could just copy paste Savage with the Starcraft branding and print money.

Battle.net was cancer from the outset, I would be celebrating it's death if it wasn't for my suspicions it will be replaced by something much worse.
Pic related. activation customers.

That Battle.net screen gives me memories about how good online gaming was with 56k.

It's hard to believe the amount of lag we sometimes get using much faster connections.

It's not dead, dummy. The heading was clickbait. There is nothing that needs replacing.

Or worse. They let you import your WoW character in a last ditch effort to revive it.

They might as well do that since the game will be shit anyway and I'd rather have a hilarious failure than hold some shred of hope that they actually care and are going to fix it one day.

I fucking hate football so fucking much, why do normalfags like it so much?
My fucking country has been "culturally enriched" by this cancer and since we won the Euro it gotten even stronger.
Goddamn

Why? Because 90% of those people are jaded ex-customers that have been left for dead after the Acti-Blizzard "WE MUST HAVE ALL THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATORS" frankenstein shit got lose

For example, my own history of how I was happy with what I was getting out of WoW; I even had fun with Warlords of What the Fuck were we thinking?

And then Legion pre-patch hits and we've absolutely removed ANY pretense that this isn't a 3rd person diablo ARPG

I really wish I had that reaction image of Blizzard talking to it's fans; it went like

It's called over a decade of betrayal for loyalty you fucking FUCK

let's also just convenient forget that guy who told the audience that they don't actually like vanilla wow and were somehow tricked into playing it for 3+ years.

I want a remake of Faxanadu so bad. It had a hostile, alien quality to it.

Nigger, these fucks play Overcuck and will defend it to death.
Why are you trying reason or even an explanation?

I believe normalfags like football for two main reasons:
a) It's accessible as hell. Every normal child has played football at some point whether they liked it or not. It's simplicity gives it a certain appeal. Also, children learn from their parents that it's cool to watch and play football. They also learn to get mad when "their" team loses.

b) The fact that professional footbal players get a shitload of money and fame feeds into it. Kids look up to them, not because they're good people, but because they get the big bucks doing something as simple as playing football. This especially resonates with poorer children who dream of helping their family escape poverty. Admitedly, I don't know how big of a factor that is in more developed countries, but here in South America that's what I've seen.

In more developed countries sports are generally just what is on the TV when people pile into the bar after work. So, sports just go hand in hand with the pandemic drinking problem you see all across the first world.

Its exactly the same here
It wows the working class normalfags and works precisely like fucking Bread and Circus.

Your countrymen embody the very worst of football cancer, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

lolno. they want out with or without their family. there's no altruism involved.

and dicking bimbos also. Don't forget about the bimbo dicking.

You're probably right about the majority of kids, but my general point still stands.

Who could forget the bimbo dicking?

It's the same with Sony.

Sure. It goes in line with their stupid AR crap that they've been doing for the last couple months while they foreshadow the new hero's existence.

Source, seriously!

This is rich.

Holy shit, it's all true.
It's all fucking true.
WHAT THE FUCK, IT'S ALL TRUE?! WHAT NEW REALITY DID WE STEP INTO?!

Why don't they make WoW hardcore at this point?
Just make the boss fights difficult and make drops from raid finder be on a shitty level.

Why do I keep seeing people post Little Wooden Boy from The Tick all over the place lately?

So does that mean the domain "Battle.net" is going to be up for grabs soon?

I feel it as well
It's gonna be as fucked up as the payed mods fiasco

Are you retarded?

Actually this is a valid question to everyone who gets mad at a company here.
Are you retarded?
I can understand being mad for purchasing something that doesn't live up to your expectations or that isn't entertaining but do you think your past purchases somehow entitle you to something with that company?
I bet you faggots believe what a car salseman tells you about a used car.

Do you idiots do this with other forms of entertainment?
Do you feel betrayed by movie companies when they produce a shitty movie?
By your favorite musicians when they have a shitty album?

Blizzard, like any long running company, has some good games and some bad games. Has made good decisions and bad decisions.
None of these things have ANYTHING to do with you, at all.
They are all attempts to get as much money as they can for their products. That's it.

CARLOOOOOOS
Good pun, mate
You still have to go back, tough

of course not you silly fuck, blizzard will hold onto the domains, copyrights and other legal rights to the term because fuck you.

I think at least one of the things will be a very vague announcement of their next MMO which will absolutely be complete garbage without question. It will get hyped to the stars as the savior of MMOs and when it comes out it'll be shallow as shit but popular anyways like Overwatch.

Of course gamers are entitled you idiot.

The reason wow will fail - HAS failed - is because you need loyal customers if you're gonna grow a business.

If you rely on luck or on getting new customers ever year - good luck.

You're the type of guy who walks into a restaurant and expects the waiter and the chef to serve you cold food. Loyalty and customer satisfaction doesn't matter, amirite?
Brand name is a spook, amirite?

Success is very subjective. It's release was very smooth, but the expansion is very hit and miss with people.

Cata launched without a hitch. Except quests, phasing and gathering was broken. Every fight in the first tier of raid content had a major bug that made the fight nearly impossible, forced wipes randomly or just broke the fight completely. Every. Single. Fight. Yet Cata was considered a success.

Legion being considered a success doesn't mean that it isn't a huge pile of shit.

companies don't have an obligation to fulfill the requests of previous customers, you're correct. The problem arises from the fact that many patrons of previous service expect some form of continued service due to the relationship between consumers and producers. You continue to produce things that I like and I will continue to eat it up. This turns into some form of entitlement (usually some form of predictability because companies live on predictability, from McDonalds to Call of Duty to Levis) or expectation stemming from the habitual purchasing of their products, combined with potentially identifying yourself with monikers related to the product; something that we see faaaaaar too often in other facets of society, and you start to see where people come from.
The thing is, though, is that they're not entirely wrong to expect certain standards. If you pay this much for a service and you get a certain value out of it, you expect the continuing service, in this case a new release, to have at minimum the same level of value for the same amount of investment you put into it. You expect return on investment, especially when a company is doing well financially.

I quit before that launched so maybe it isn't too late. assuming there's private servers worth a damn at least.

No, you fucking jizz rag.
Customer satisfaction matters in that the company, for its own sake, had better make sure it satisfies as many customers as possible.
I just don't get a tissy like the company owes me the same old shit simply because i've been using them for a long time.
They don't owe me that and if myself and others like me are a shrinking demographic then they had better be smart to tackle the newer and perhaps larger demographic.
I might dislike the new direction but I don't feel personally betrayed by it. I just find an outlet that is still catering to my tastes.

and when I don't and it is clear that i'm no longer within their demographics that they actually give a fuck about then I just find someone who is still looking in my direction.

I think one thing Holla Forums here needs to understand is that they are rapidly leaving the ages that video game developers give a shit about your tastes and sensibilities.
In essence, you are growing out of your video game hobby.

Battle.net is being removed as a branding thing. Most of Blizzard's current customers have likely never really seen the battle.net in the "good ol days".

Battle.net has been dead the moment they put in that battle.net 2.0 shit with the release of SC2. I'm not sure why this is new or surprising. It blows but it was inevitable they'd rename it to something some council of pr faggots thought sounded trendy to them.

There is no longer people supporting the niche, the niche is this niche. A distinct drop in quality isn't changing demographics it's a drop in quality. Try not to suck the blizzard cock so hard you make it look too obvious what you really want to say.