Douche Sex

David Sarif
Bill Taggart
Hugh Darrow
Eliza Cassan

Where's the option to tell the truth without implying that humans should reject prosthetics all together and instead implicate all of these influential men in acts of international espionage and terrorism such that their schemes are shown for what they are and without shoving some "message" down people's throats? Why is it that each major perspective comes packaged with additional implications outside of the moral underpinnings that they represent? What if I condone corporate regulation without believing in secret, government surveillance?

I feel like these caveats could be more nuanced. I feel like there could have been more alternative choices to consider than just these three.

Why did everyone become sane again after the game ended?

Just back Sarif m8, get that sick corporate profit swag.

Its because its Invisible War 2.0

Human Revolution was pretty shit at addressing it's own themes. Honestly just use take downs in the hub areas (because you totally can they just hide the prompts and hope you don't notice) and stop caring about that stuff.

Where's the option to not betray UNATCO and just go to Hong Kong like you were going to anyway?

That option would have required the developers actually know what they were doing.

Invisible War had better ending.

Something about female JC Denton.

It's shit

Did everyone regain their sanity at the end? After the stock footage, it just takes you back to the main menu. Is that what they imply in Mankind Divided? If so, I would think that when Jensen defeated the Hyron that this would've stopped the signal that was being sent to the killswitch/biochips and therefore everyone would've, maybe slowly, regained their senses.

I chose to tell the truth, mostly because I felt none of the options would've justified lying.

Why?

Eh? I must've missed that part. It's easy to lose track of the main plot when they throw so many details at you and the pacing slows down to a crawl as you complete sidequests that each contain minor subplots of their own.

Why did this become a thing?

Because people who write video game storylines are fucking hacks

muh fruit flies adam

And in the case of Mankind Divided, fucking blacks

That's one manly fucking chin.

It happened in BG2 too and Holla Forums shits itself over this game

Darrow is objectively the best ending.

As for the rest of HR, it had a massive deadline problem. Like another half of the game had to be cut because they would never finish it on time or within budget (sounds a little familiar Kojima?). Upper Hengsha, Montreal and London were hubs or at the very least planned hubs. Also, Barrett's fight was originally in the warehouse at the docks when you plant the bomb for Tong. So originally much later than it was.

i mean yeah, thats probably what would happen

Why? The truth, as in "there is a secret society that wishes to control the world and use augmentations to do it", doesn't necessarily imply that augmentations per se are somehow responsible for creating people who wish to abuse them. You wouldn't say that guns produce psychopaths, but rather that they're a tool that can be used by them. You wouldn't say that cars produce road rage, but rather that the nature of traffic enables it. You wouldn't say that money creates greed, just that jews are gonna jew. So why are augmentations different?

The story can be summarized as, "the illuminati, which is comprised of a select few wealthy individuals with a whole lot of public influence, would like to control the flow of human evolution. This is why they sent a highly trained, covert military force to the headquarters of a corporation that discovered a pivotal key to unlocking human potential, ordered them to retrieve it and those responsible for creating, and then tried to use it to control the population and spread information that would allow them to keep people in check while also benefiting from the advances in technology that would've been born from said pivotal discovery."

Point is, I think people would respond more to the whole "secret society" thing than they would to their means of abuse. I could be wrong, though.

What we need is gun control.

Yeah we do, guns are dangerous and we shouldn't have a culture where we handle dangerous things for recreational purposes.

that would make sense, but in general the common people dont react in a way that makes sense.

You're right. What we need is thought control.

stop thinking about me naked

That's retarded, if we remove the sources of harmful thoughts then we won't need thought control, think before you post fam.

Apocalypse ending is ALWAYS the best ending, in all of the games

He did think before he posted, he doesn't have the source of dumb thoughts next to him like you do.

I invoke Steban Bolyneux's law.

not everyone is as privileged as to inherit an orb of confusion you shitlord some people had to work for their stupidity

i know you're throwing a ruse but your giving me a sadness

You know what? I'ma play devil's advocate for just one sec.

The ending was shit and needed to be done better, but I can't call it a complete letdown. It did the single biggest thing it needed to - let the player express their opinion on the transhumanist theme that dominated the game. IMO if it had diversified it a bit more - use in-game material for the ending, leave ways for players to stress themselves what they think is best (I only picked Darrow because I believed truth will out, not because I hate augmentations) - then it would have been more enjoyable. Combine that with also working up

What I wanna know is, was Mankind Divided's ending better or worse?

It just ends abruptly. Felt like it was setting up for a sequel than concluding the story it already had which had less stakes than the first one.

Because it's fun, being able to complete the quests then just punching everyone in the face with nonlethal.

I think it is since it's full of augs walking around normally. It just seems weird that there'd be an off button, or that it would have been built to only operate while the signal was active. Can you picture someone losing their fucking mind and going berserk, only to revert to normal because the chased someone into a tunnel or whatever and there's no signal?

If I made you sans, would you die?

You still get different dialogue from your companions depending on which you pick, and there's only two options.

This.

It's Console Deus Ex, dummy. That's all you need to say to any question about it.

My nigga.

Everyone tells me im crazy for killing the firekeeper in das3.

What did you guys think about The Missing Link DLC? Especially since it's integrated(if you can call that integrated) in the Director's Cut version and that you can't skip it

There's no logical reason a person would implact technology that would allow them to be controlled.

More challenging than the base game but still shit

What was the point of a computer made of screaming ladies? That just seemed so fucking unnecessary, not in the OMG WOMEN ARE LITERALLY OBJECTS sense but in the is this really the best they can come up with to keep their super secret antartic base from exploding?

That garabge was straight up cut from the original game.

Even when i played the game before this "dlc" anouncement i noticed that section of the game was clearly cut somehow.

And they were so lazy they didnt even bother to re-integrate it right

Just like the entire game.
Seriously HR is full of shit that directly contradicts the first game and even on its own does not form a realistic or believable world.

Evil southerner 2.0 was fun, and has probably the best quotes in the game, but other than that huge meh

People already do that to some degree. Just take a look at at all the fucks with their smartphones who don't give a shit about their data or privacy. Big data-centers sell their information to other companies to create targeted content, to the point where all people see on their social media feeds is whatever narrative the MSM is trying to push. Basically webm related.

This.
Missing Link essentially being an off-the-grid prison run by a private military company for inhumane experiments didn't seem that believable, the concept itself isn't that hard to grasp but for some reason everything kept pointing to it being bullshit despite it being possible to gas the entire camp.

I liked both HR and MD.

They reminded me how amazing the original is.

HR already dragged on as it was. The return to hengsha almost flatlined the game, and far too many computers/email padding.

I hope you're posting this realizing you're also talking about everyone here, because the only people who have true privacy on an Internet-enabled device are the ones who take /fucko/ threads seriously and don't use any phone, smart or dumb.

HR and MD are inferior in everything but the UI to the OG Dude Sex.
Jensen is also not even a half of the protag JC is.

It was fine. I have no strong feelings about its inclusion, the sea-floor part was cool and the revelations about the spine replacement were kind of horrifying, and I can only imagine the game would've had an abrupt change in tone otherwise, so my stance is generally positive.

In fairness, I've liked all the Deus Ex titles (not the Fall; haven't played MD yet), albeit for differing reasons.

I think you might be retarded. Or at least you know some fucked up Holla Forums guy.

It would be a bad time, for you.