youtube.com/watch?v=GbSvJ8KpQhM
youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU
youtube.com/watch?v=yf9a_DHHnFw
youtube.com/watch?v=XKDzOnRydWk
youtube.com/watch?v=2atlpj7AGXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My daughter.

Dark Souls 1

I don't get deeply invested enough into games to get depressed when a really good one ends, but I guess I'd have to pick pic related.

Half-Life.
My first playthrough was fucking magical, it didn't feel I was running through a bunch of scripted sequences, it felt like I was really running through the facility and struggling to beat everything that was thrown at me. The second playthrough was shit, you start to notice all the glaring issues it has and how easy it is to cheese the AI.

also Wonderful 101, I skipped a driving test to play the final levels and boss

System Shock was it for me.

Also, Chrono Trigger

And this, to a slightly lesser extent

I played through The Lost Age too, and Dark Dawn.

Probably one of the best games i have ever played. It's great, you almost grow attached to the characters as if they were real.

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No more hugs, Will.

Deus Ex

First time playing it was the week before Mankind Divided released. Was a big fan of Human Revolution, but never stuck DX1 out past Liberty Island. When I finally did, it was great

Well the lag near the end was a pain.

How fucking young are you?

Suikoden 2

3 was a clunky stumble into 3D but it wasn't "great" just passing.

It was all downhill from then on.

Oh yes, i played this not too long ago as well but it was the PS2 version…. is surprisingly good.

Getting to replay this on PC was one of the nicer nostalgia trips in recent memory.

Get out faggot

No, but you do have to be pretty young to be taking your drivers test any time after 2013

I cant get it to run on debian and i have my ps2 laying around.

You are dimwit.

Baldur's Gate 2.
It hurts.

Shenmue

only it was worse because I expected it to be awesome. It was even better than I imagined. Eagerly waited for 2.

Dreamcast died in the middle. Had to pirate 2 because canceled in US

Loved 2 to the last drop (but for the flying sword garbage).

Read the credits standing up, knowing there was no hope of ever getting another one or experiencing it for the first time.

Never even tried to replay them. They are that good to me.

I don't have to take that from a spic

What's a spic? A spicy food? Or you meant to say a Spicer? I don't like to have too many spices on my food.

user pretending to be retarded is still being retarded

Surely you jest!? I'm not the one pretending, I AM the real deal.

Dark Dawn was shit though. Why would you want a sequel to it?

This fucking game
It was my first Ratchet&Clank game ever, and I was completely blown away the first time I played through it. From this day on I bought every Ratchet game that came out, without even thinking about wether it would be a disappointment or not (which it would be but only with the future series).
It's a shame the final boss wasn't that great compared to the many other bosses in the game. Man, the second game was the best, it was the one with the most stuff in it. Space combat, arenas, secret boss fights, racing, etc.
Plus the voice acting was just amazing, and I liked it way better than the original since I'm french.

I don't really want to sit here guessing whatever third-world country you learned English in, spic seemed like a safe enough guess

Italy.

Worse than I thought

>Gone Home

Same. I didn't play DX 1 until late last year, and that was after beating HR and IW. Once you make it to Hong Kong everything just sort of clicks into place and I loved it, staying up all night even when I had work the next day.

But FFX is terrible

Ace Combat 4, loved the shit out of it when I first got it, bought another PS2 after my old one died just so I can keep playing it.

I'm told that the other Ace Combat games for the ps2 were good as well, gonna have to try them out.

What did he mean by this?

Steambot Chronicles, quite possible the comfiest game ever made.

5 and Zero are very good. Not being able to leave the map and refill on ammo whenever you want, like in 4, might be a bit of hurdle for you, though.

Having never played any games prior, I got to try crysis on a friends pc. I was fucking mind blown.

i think we'd be a lot better off if you fucked off instead, cancer

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Put it off until just last week because I figured my shitty laptop wouldn't be able to run it.
It turns out it was able to run perfectly.
Did the main game on Normal and the DLCs on hard.
Haven't bothered with the VR missions and probably won't.

It was awesome. Maybe a little easy, but it felt great to play.

You can always replay that game in a year or two once you forget it.

Well no fucking shit you faggot, if you are fucking playing the meat of the damn game in a babby dificulty OF FUCKING COURSE it's gonna be "a little easy". Fellate a gun.

Same here man. The only thing I don't like about the game aside from the fact it can be really easy is that it's really too fucking short.

undertale

I got the achievement for beating the main game in under eight hours.
I wasn't happy about it.

you know what i wasnt happy about? fucking yoshis story, i dove in to that expecting super yoshis island deluxe and it was over in like 30 minutes

Overall, as someone that played all suikodens including gaidens, I agree with you, but 5 still managed to be very fucking good. So good, in fact, that Konami went full retard mode when they ditched the rest of the world of game,despite making a good game that wasn't even touched by original creator of series, moving to make the shithole know as Tierkreis. Not like would be the last stupid thing Konami have done, of course…

Topic related, Persona 2 batsu. My.fucking.god. While I loved jprg genre, I never thought I would feel "it" with one like I did when I played that game with that strange title. Everything, the characers, the story, the card system, personas, blow my mind at the time. That's why I loathe what the series have became after 3, it really ruined something good.Katsura Hashino and his team deserves to die in a fire.

I've had several games like that.

And yeah, I know my tastes aren't that great too. But they've been great experiences.
They remind me this industry isn't completely shit. Glad I still have more to games to find too.

niggers

It's so far away

this

UNDERTALE IS actually a pretty good game. Definitely one of the better ones from the last two years.

I can't say I've ever had this feeling, but I'm coming up on the final boss of Chrono Trigger and I feel like when it's over, it'll leave a pit in my stomach.

If you played that much, it wasn't shit to you.

I almost canceled my pre-order for this, I almost told myself "you know what, you're not ready to try and play through this in moonrunes."

This might be my favorite game of all time now. Holy fucking shit.

the entire mother series

First half of the game is really fun. Pretty memorable. And everything after it is mostly forgettable trash, save for the daddy issues fight.

Touhou definitely felt like this for me, although the enjoyment never went away. I'm still obsessed with it after all these years.

I've only got a couple like this.

It was some two or three years ago.
It's still the single greatest video game humanity ever created.
It goes on.
You're missing out

Skies of Arcadia.

The story wasn't anything new, nor did it really deviate much from common RPG tropes.

But what it did have was magical, and everything about it still stick with me even today. On my first playthrough, I was happily playing through it without regard as to when the game was going to end. I hoped it never would, keeping on playing as each character charmed me in their own little ways, growing ever so slightly with each line of text.

I wasn't ready for it to end, when it did. It did so beautifully, tying up everything. But I still wanted more. I play through it every now and then, having beaten it at least three times and over numerous starts where I get a ways in and then stop. And each time I get even remotely near the end, I get pangs of sadness that knowing it was all going to stop.

I actually felt like I was on an adventure in Skies of Arcadia. The world was alive, with its own set of rules, its politics, and discoveries, and you were rewarded for exploring and finding all these things, constantly adding just a little bit more to your vision on how this world worked.

I'm of the opinion that a Skies of Arcadia 2 might not do it justice nowadays. But I do want it to be rereleased on PC so I can stop hanging onto my gamecube and copy of Legends or emulating it. Maybe more people will play and then mod it to add more stuff.

Berri.

Metal Gear, the entire franchise. Back before The Phantom Pain's release I was curious about the immense hype it was getting and decided to finally check the series out. Played release order and experienced one of the greatest game series in the medium's history. The evolution in gameplay and graphics between releases was like a chronology of the evolution of gaming as a whole. And while the narratives are debatable in terms of best/worst, the games just got better and better (even 4, excluding Act 3). I even went so far as to play Ghost Babel (the best 2d MG hands down), Portable Ops, and Ac!d. I finished everything up about two weeks before TPP came out. And although it was definitely unintentional, the game left me with my own phantom pain. We'll never play the game Kojimbles intended. We'll never have modding tools to make out own levels, missions or even side ops, and we'll never have another Metal Gear game that will live up to the series legacy. I can only imagine how Silent Hill fans feel.

This was the first game I ever really loved. It drew me in and wouldn't let go. I was pretty casual at the time so it took a while to beat, and I missed all the secret dungeons, but I loved every minute of it. Then it ended, and I just felt empty. I wish I could embed more than one song from it because I love almost every track.
youtube.com/watch?v=GCdkvUtAKbE
youtube.com/watch?v=GbSvJ8KpQhM

What does that prove? I didn't get my license until I was almost 22 because I never needed to drive anywhere. I could either ride my bike wherever I needed to go, or people would just offer me rides because I couldn't drive. (I rarely asked for one.)
One of my friends has his license, but he could have just as easily waited since he doesn't have a car and rides the bus to college because of traffic and parking.

Man, waiting hours to effortlessy steamroll emergency quests with 11 other people sure is fun.
Even tought the story and presentation is great, the endgame is super shit, no challenge DPS race to the finish with a bunch of edgy katana users and dark mages.
It still hurts.

I couldn't remember that song's name, just how it went. I still remember, even as a kid, sitting there while that song played and realizing for the first time that I'll probably be alone my whole life.

REmake

Star Ocean 3
Avalon Code
Elite Beat Agents

What country are you from? The youngest you can get it is your mid-late teens and if your anything like me then mid-twenties cause you're a little bitch that thought it was a waste of time.

is this shitposting? it better be

dark 1
tales of symphonia when i was youngo
final fantasy 12
sheep dog 'n wolf somehow
erfbound
neverwinter nights
many others

i get about 1 a year really it aint tragic

Mother 3
I still remember the sadness

That's really nice, like something out of a Miyazaki film
Why don't games have good music like that now, it's all the same

>not going completely insane from trying to 6s youre shit
There is so much to this game, and yet you're trying to play it as a generic MMO.
It's a perfect tool for a people with imagination to have all sorts of fun and self-imposed challenges, but I guess you have none.

What's her name, Holla Forums?

It will.
Regardless of which ending you get.

There is only one right answer.
youtube.com/watch?v=ppSPsvO19dU

The good thing about Morrowind is that modding consistently adds new content, including the rest of the Morrowind continent, a better engine, lots of mods of content. Still, I agree in some sense, the first time definitely was the most alien, the most scary (including hanging crashes when fighting ghosts in Khuul)
and the most vast.

No man's sky :^)

The Phantom Pain kinda filled the void a bit for me.

I will never forgive my sister for taking all the 360 games when she left.

Came to post this.

FF7 for me.

Only had played 4 before. 7 was so much better

This was epic as hell for a kid.

Minecraft :/\)

Why live?

A country where you need to drive places instead of walking or taking public transit

Sounds like you are just making excuses fam.

What the hell are you talking about?

Diablo 2 atm

Are you drunk?

I've played everything from Sonic 2 to fucking Dark Souls, and yet these games were the only ones that ever really affected me

When vid related started playing during the credits it hit me

KH1 and 2 really feel like long adventures.

pic related

X-Wing Alliance was pretty good, but TIE Fighter was really the only Star Wars game that wasn't 2edgy Sith garbage where they shamelessly and unabashedly let you play as the bad guys and witness their story arc. I would pay upwards of a hundred bucks for a TIE Fighter remaster that updates the visuals and literally nothing else, because every single thing about it is perfect

i just woke up, get off my back

Nothing will ever compare to Silent Hill 1 again. Not even 2. Nothing will ever live up to that first playthrough. All those surprises, the atmosphere, those bait and switches, horror is now a genre of diminishing returns. Not just for individual games, but for the genre itself.

You must be an American.

Persona 3
Fuuuuuuck.

ICO and Undertale are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Chrono Cross, but my emotions mostly came from pure unadulterated rage at the ending. I was feeling everything OP was feeling until right after beating the final boss the right way and the whole thing went right to batshit even compared to the rest of the game by that point.

No real resolution, no real closure, just the devs wanting to pretend they were deep. Even the deaths of the origional cast didn't bother me so much if only because I assumed that beating the game would've resulted in a world where that didn't happen.

Up till that point, I was feeling like OP. Then it turned in the opposite direction, though the emotions were just as strong.

Fucking hell, so many years later and I still feel those feels.

This. This ten times. This a hundred times. A thousand. A billion. A trillion. Numbers cannot contain the feelings I've had with those games.

Shame that game is as dead as a door knob. Really a unique experience.

The entire world is not composed of Americans. I'm 20 and i don't even know how to drive a car let alone have a license.

I hope NieR Automata makes this list too

as good as R&C 2 was, it still felt like it was the least polished.

Like space combat stuck out like a sore thumb as being the least developed and least interesting part of the game. The planet segments where you play as giant clank felt unnecessary and repetitive. The game was also much harder than the original game and I remember being mostly frustrated with it.

It was a solid game though but I found myself preferring Up your Arsenal

these

Ace Combat Zero
Fuck, the credits' song manages to give you the exact feeling you posted about.

The build up to the finale is god-tier
Final level: youtube.com/watch?v=yf9a_DHHnFw
Final boss: youtube.com/watch?v=XKDzOnRydWk
Epilogue: youtube.com/watch?v=2atlpj7AGXU

MGS1-2
Undertale
Donkey Kong Country Returns (and TF to an extent)

Because this was one of those games that gave me that magical feel

Dishonored probably, that game was way too short.

pls recommend me a good not super-grindy JRPG (I hate invisible enemes).
The best I've played are Chrono Trigger, Mother, Mario ones (TTYD/M&L1) and TWEWY.

System Shock 2.

It's kind of weird. Because I don't play DF that often, but whenever someone asks me what my favorite game is. I always say DF.
It's like it's an obligation at this point.
Though when I do sit down and play it I remember why I'm obligated to say it's my favorite game and play it exclusively for like a month.

This thing
It wasn't great or bad, but it was quite nice and the characters were alright
It gave me that Soul Reaver atmosphere, another game I miss

I guess this isn't my kind of game

Batter did nothing wrong

The ending scene still makes me tear up and feel all emotional.

Max Payne

crysis was a great game, the only not-great portion people usually mention is aliens, and even that has redeeming qualities.

Crysis is probably the best FPS of it's time, dont underestimate the skill of the suit powers and the polish put into weapons and shit.

Portal
Figuring out how to think with portals for the first time is so mind bending, I wish I could erase my memory and learn it again.

also

No one understands my love.

pardon the awful webm quality

I wish I could forget how to play dark souls.

Loved this game used to play it a lot but never could finish it.

DF isn't hard at all. Just confusing for newcomers.
After you learn how to play it turns into more of a story generator.
An experienced player will find no challenge from the game unless they impose some restriction on themselves, like a terrifying embark with no traps.

I read this as two things before I could comprehend the actual title. Cloud Butt and Robot butt/built. Wew time for more alcohol.

Never played a lot of rougelikes or pokemon, but I'm genuinely interested in trying mystery dungeon. Should I play the entire spin-off franchise from the begging or are there just a few outstanding, must-play entries?

I just wanted an indepth game. Every story from fortresses will be

NieR for sure. Final Fantasy 6 as well.

And this, been years since I enjoyed a videogame this much.

Try Play on Linux of you're a retard. Which you are because Deus Ex should work perfect on about any Linux distro.

Shadow of Rome
KH 2
Persona 4
Rogue Galaxy
DMC 3 though I never beat it, need to
God Hand
Ratchet and Clank 1-3, 3 most of all. It's the definition of that feeling.
Sly Cooper 2 and 3
Jak and Daxter 1-3
Diablo II

Forgot:
MGS 3
Dragon's Dogma
Red Dead Redemption

Wow there's 2 games from last gen. Console gaming really has careened off a cliff

Last few:
Mount and Blade
Viewtiful Joe

Discounting some NES games I had mysteriously left untouched, it's been a while. I remember when Clonk Planet was new.
That was one hell of a ride with the ridiculous amounts of mods and addons you could mix and match.

Maybe Just Cause 2, which turned a lot more enjoyable after installing the infinite/800m grapple.

Chuckin' barrels at gooks and abusing the physics to fly was pretty great. Even that one boss felt like a real boss, because unlike all the other zips, he took three barrels instead of one.
Everything did get a little shit once it started being about aliens.

Also, playing on the difficulty or difficulties that had them speaking Korean really took away from the experience. I was diggin' the I'M LEELOADEENG.

That's why you build something that's unpractical, seems unfeasible and yet would be pretty fuckin' rad whil being mindful of CPU-heavy implementations. Probably something involving magma and water, throwing stuff with minecarts or both.

Like a network of piping that allows you to cast obsidian high in the air and have solid blocks fall down. And maybe forget some small detail about pressurized liquids and/or that long chain of floors and no solid blocks underneath so you end up punching a hole clean through 40 floors just as a siege shows up.

Clonk.
VERFICKT NOCHMAL JA.
Großartige Wahl.

Besides Crash Team Racing, and , there are 4 games i will always remember deeply not only because of the great experience of playing them, but also because of the struggle to make them work in my toaster computers. Especially in the latter cases, tweaking like crazy with 3danalyze.
inb4 PCfag, not playing on original port

With a Pentium with Windows 3.1, that damn joystick would never work properly
Believe it or not, i could not make the emulator work beyond 320x240. Now imagine the entire game on that. I almost go chinese
Right before the series went to absolute shit. We were marveled with my brother when me manage to make it work, and the motion was flawless. Although even with a video card of 512 the Clayton boss fight almost crash the machine.
Same issue, because PCSX2 makes you put 400% to go with a decent speed. I still cant remember how i beat Phalanx, because i couldnt even see it on the screen.

Using the wiki eliminates the voyage of discovery that made the game fun. Especially today when all the exploits to power level a military and such are posted.

Far Cry 3, though I am interested in getting 4.

I don't know what it was about this game, but no other game gave me such a feeling of adventure. After the credits, i went to bed and slept better than ever. Next day i started another playthrough, the only game to make me play it 100% twice in a row.

It makes me really sad that not a lot of people liked Wind Waker and thought it was disappointing. Its one of my favorite games of all time

Maybe its the fact I used to go sailing on the ocean with my dad, and Wind Waker was able to, almost perfectly, emulate that feeling for me.

I think the problem with people who don't like games that try to put you in the games world more than directly engage you, like a lot of Zelda games and even games like GTA, is that you need that sort of real-life connection to enjoy them

I think the problem comes more from the fact that some people can't or don't know how to inmerse in a fictional world by reading or playing.
Even then, i can't understand how that happens when this sounds.

The space combat was fun as fuck, except maybe the part where you are inside the space station and have to destroy six turrets before they regenerate.

It was neat but buggy as fuck, never finished it because a bug that carried over after loading from a save stopped me from progressing and because I only recently found out that the cutscene viewer actually works like mission select

I had the ending spoiled for me and assumed it was going to be one of those "Wow he was actually super evil the whole time" endings.
But then, as I went through all the zones, you see just how bad things really are in that world, to the point where you yourself want to just end everyone's suffering.

yep

I promised I will never forget

Bioshock: Infinite

God Hand, Demon's souls, Bayonetta 1, Morrowind, SMT: Strange Journey

I can't pick just one.
That atmosphere and sense of never ending dread in Demon's souls…how the fuck did they do it?

Same here, brother.
I'm generally worried for Shenmue 3. I really hope that it's great but I have a feeling it's going to be similar to a Telltale game but with a small open world and an outdated fighting engine.

I played the absolute shit out of the game when I found it on onmorelevel.com.

They are making Mud and Blood 3, which will be you advancing against the Germans as an American. As far as I know it will be a bit closer to Mud and Blood:Recon with the ability to assign abilities to units as they level up and you will be the one advancing in thsi case.

Franbow. Something about that game was just so enjoyable.

Psychonauts. It was such a good game with memorable characters that I felt was too short. Psychonauts 2 looks cool but modern Tim Schafer sucks.
It's like hearing your long-lost dad coming home after being captured by african warlords and you know he'll never be OK again but you still cling to the hope he'll not completely fuck it up even though it's 100% certain that he'll fuck it up.

Fucking hell, I remember playing Steambot Chronicles and after two or three hours in exclaiming out loud, "Holy shit, I'm having fun!"