Grand Strategy Games /gsg/

Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/9XJ4fbm0

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

Today in History September 21

Other urls found in this thread:

victoria2wiki.com/NWO
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/monumenta-iaponiae-historica-the-records-of-the-japanese-history-between-1180-1600.576172/
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6709545/VeF_3.2.2.7z
mediafire.com/?3o2qnto2g2d0yaa
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/black-tsar-kaiserreich-aar.881377/
cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64425
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/world-in-flames-iii-origins-for-darkest-hour.959412/
moddb.com/games/crusader-kings-ii/mods?sort=visitstotal-desc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Playing HoI3 HPP as Germany and AI Japan just decided to completely ignore China and instead attacked the soviets. It's kicking ass so far, so that's good, but I'm wondering if there's an event that makes peace between the two after a certain point, or if they'll keep fighting until either of them surrenders. Anybody knows?

k
k
kk

I don't understand this game.

Damn revisionists,kill them all Hoxha

What is even the point of invading Russia as Japan?
When I was playing as Russia I simply put all my Far East Army on the eastern side of the Amur river sweeping down in South Korea leaving the north undefended and the japs just wasted away in Siberia
I think it takes two years to get from Vladisvostok to Moscow

Well Japan did have a strategy in place to attack thee Soviets and take eastern Siberia, but opted to attack china instead. What I am asking is whether there is an event to end this war after japan takes enough territory, or if it's a war until total surrender

So as many of you saw yesterday as I was playing Vic2 NWO rebels never spawned even though the support for them was in the millions.

Meanwhile the vanilla game gets tons of rebellions, right? Does HPM fix that to any extent or is it the same shit?

same shit

Go into military techs, far right column. That gives you Military Tactics, most powers start with 25% but Prussia starts with the next tech so they have 50% and shit all over most other militaries for quite a while.

Prussian troops are really good, you gotta have numbers against 'em or invest in better mil tech.

If you don't mind savescumming consider one by one kicking the South German nations out of your sphere and conquering them, it gives you good numbers of primary pops and cockblocks Germany from forming. Plus if you never form Germany yourself the LR reduction event never happens and they retain crazy high liferating for tons of pop growth.

If you plan to form the DNB also grab Silesia before 1950 to block the NGF and because you'll be accepting Poles later on if you savescum for it (and you should because the DNB's formation is full of bullshit dice rolls). The DNB is really powerful and well positioned for contiguous expansion. Let them form the NGF if you plan to blob into north Germany though since it'll make annexing provinces there easier and France usually lends a hand.

And make sure you got HPM installed.

HPM largely fixes rebels but the problem of deserter troops persists. The best way is to slowly transition to Constitutional Monarchy and then in the 1900s appoint your friendly local fascist party to power. Force militancy up over 4 and wait a month and enjoy your cool new flag.

EU3:

What do as Aragon? Attack France or Spain? I must secure prosperous land on my borders to grow strong, but what is best way to go about it? Best allies in early game? I was thinking England as they are slightly involved with Portugal and France but don't have overlapping interests.

Do whatever you want.

Here's the progress for Armenian Apostolics, gotta pick a better icon since the one I'm using looks like shit and fix some other stuff on the religious bonus.

How does it feel to be a mage?

wat

Because of mana

Nice work, but not many people here play EU4, especially after the few recent DLC that were laden with bullshit like states. Parajew's solepurpose as of late seems to be cockblocking the player as much as possible with arbitrary limits, rather than actually making the game better. Fuck, even the stupid ass mana system could work if they gave the player more ways to affect it and rebalanced the entire thing so that ADM isn't more valuable than the other two types combined.

They do it to balance the game for multiplayer that basically nobody utside of their own staff plays.

Somebody mind posting basic guide on how to do Colonial Empire with Portugal on EU4?

Conquer places and colonize them until you have an empire.

I will never not be upset by this fact.

How is this balancing? "Goy, if you conquer shit in our game where the only fun thing is conquering shit, be prepared to get punished. You can only have a tiny amount of state to get the full benefits, the rest is territories. That it's bullshit? Don't care. Also, if you want to make a territory into a state get prepared to pay extra mana. What mana? ADM mana, of course!"

Okay niggerfaggots, Is the AI in EU3 as retarded as it is in EU4?

Because I could probably port the mod to EU3 and stop being a casul who plays EU4, one of the big issues I have with EU4 is the retarded AI and I guess Mana's annoying sometimes all the time.

For some reason I thoroughly enjoy EU4, far more than Vicky2.I guess it's because of extended timeline allowing me to have nigh-endless autismfests.

What am I looking at here?

Just that the fuck could this be?

Should I play vanilla HoI3 TFH or just go to BlackIce?

Hopefully this will come up with some entertaining revolts

DWI

those are the basic defines, don't touch them unless you want to alter basic game mechanics.

BlackIce is fucking shit. Go for HPP

The point is that it is easy as fuck to have an extended game in both Vic2 and EU3.

Of fucking course it is, you just change one number. But you don't do that because you'll run out of techs to research, so everyone, including savages, will eventually max out all techs.

Please read

Am I retarded or does Better Looking Garbs disable cheevos, even with the Ironman mod activated?

I don't see how that post is relevant to my post

How the fuck did you wind up playing gsgs?

But it doesn't feel the same, user. There needs to be a semblance of balance and new stuff to keep those stupid primitives behind. Maybe one of these days my autism will be strong enough to make a proper extended timeline mod. Imagine a Vicky2 where combat doesn't fucking suck, something like HoI3 mixed in with Vicky 2, does anything like that even exist?

Last time I played Vicky2 there was this NWO mod hyping around, does it work as some sorta extended timeline or does it just enable you to begin a new game after 1936 till >current year?

There are plenty mods that add more stuff to do and future scenarios. Having a mod that can stay fresh for 9999 years is just stupid and only blobing faggots would want it anyway.

victoria2wiki.com/NWO

They are a decent distraction from _just_ painting the map. Something to work towards.

I stopped playing CK2 and EU4 at the time Charlemagne came out and it was pure shit (and whatever was coming for EU4 was bad too).

Are the new DLCs worth coming back for some Deus Vult-ing or should I just disable the newer DLCs and go back to EU3 or try to actually learn Vic2:AHD?

Also, is HoI4 worth it or should I just stick with Darkest Hour?

Play EU3 or learn Vic2, it is not hard to at least learn to play.

HoI4 is several times bigger garbage than EU4.

Holy shit those reforms. The modders outdid Paradox with their goodgoy shitlibbery.

They are fairly accurate, though, with the proper negatives attached to them (arguable it the could have been bigger). And the people that want them are always communists. The idea has been to mostly to translate what has happened in modern history into the mod, so it does make sense to have such things.

CK2 got better in most areas (it's still piss-easy though), EU4 got worse a DLC or two back, and HoI4 is a pile of shit easily worse than anything paradoxx shat out so far

So I decided to try a Japan game in NWO to see what would happen if I never went to war with the Allies. After defeating China and nabbing the Dutch East Indies when the Netherlands was defeated I simply built up and waited. Here's where it gets interesting.

At first the Germans looked they were doing pretty well, Spain and Turkey had entered the Axis and they had conquered Syria, Iraq, and Eqypt in 1941. Then Barbarossa happened. Germany only got as far as Kiev before the Soviets stopped their advance. Then in 1942 the Soviets began a slow push through Turkey, conquering Iraq and Syria while the Brits regained Egypt. The Soviets made only a few gains in Europe itself. However, in 1943 the Soviets steamrolled the Germans straight back to Berlin, they conquered Finland and the Balkans along the way. By the time the Allies arrived in Europe, hey could only meekly grab a few provinces in Belgium and the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, and the bottom of Italy along with Sicily and Sardinia. Everything else is communist.

And now Israel just lost to the Arabs.

I'm not really sure what I should do at this point. The Soviets and the Allies are both building up troops along the borders on the mainland. It doesn't seem like I'll have any problems with events since NWO doesn't account for this kind of situation. My plan is to wait for NATO and the Warsaw Pact to go to war over some flashpoint and then defeat first one, and then the other. Probably the Soviets first but we'll see

Yeah no, the cultural marxist reforms fuck up your pop growth and whatnot, it's actually pretty realistic.

You're always best off going anti-poz, just like in real life.

I really wish the AI was better at amphibious assaults. As it is now they never attempt anything resembling D-day and the Soviets usually take all of Europe if they survive Barbarossa.

I sometimes see the US pull off a decent D-day, but usually they never invade Italy except by land through France. Actually the most frequent thing they do is Operation Husky for some reason

So I'm giving Sengoku a download and I'm going to pray my toaster can run it. Would have much preferred CKII but I will most likely not be able to run that.Does anyone play Sengoku? What's your opinions on it?

You can do it if you try!

Nope.

I have Sengoku, and I think it actually runs worse than CK2, to the point my old laptop couldn't handle it pretty much at all.
I haven't tried to play it on my fancy PC, but I really should.

If you can run Sengoku then you can run CKII, it's the same engine and the latter is far more optimized. Maybe you'd have to turn some off some graphic options.

I don't mind Sengoku, it's an okay game but I feel it's ultimately lacking in some aspect, I also don't know how to feel about how conquering stuff works (you siege a province and then it automatically flips to you, no need to get a peace deal). Still, I had fun and replayed it a few times, that's what counts, right?

If you feel like vanilla is really lacking, try it with the mod Monumenta Iaponiae Historica as it helps to improve things and make the game feel more complete (click the version number on the top of the thread for the Mediafire download link):

>>forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/monumenta-iaponiae-historica-the-records-of-the-japanese-history-between-1180-1600.576172/

It doesnt get as much love as it deserves, but it doesn't deserve a whole lot of love.
If you can run it you can run CK2 though. Sengoku makes my craptop fire up hotter than CK2 does.

Huh, I honestly didn't expect them to be realistic with it. Then again I don't know shit about Vicky so I assumed reforms are always an upgrade.

Is that an independent Gloucestershire-Wiltshire? Or is it part of Normandy?

If it was always positive then there would be little point to movements. It really depends on what kind of country you want, though. The thing that really upsets me about reforms is that you don't seem to be able to go back. You can see for example 0% wanting that reform and for example that 12% of the upper house would vote for it. I guess it is maybe possible, but only in revolutions or just big political swings?

Hitler bump

Caliblobia here, will be slightly late again due to smoking reefer and voting democrat.

It's one guy making NWO. Funnily enough he's a swede but I've talked to him on Reddit and he's pretty well-informed.

Suggest a non-meme (i.e. hurr durr Ryukyu WC xD) EU3:DW campaign starting from 1399.

Ulm WCxD

scotland or norway

Serbia and Muscovy are fun until you get big.

What country should I pick for my first NWO game? I was thinking Yugoslavia 1992 but it looks like their industry is fucked.

Whatever you want?
Fix your daily expenses, they are always set on the defaults when you start.

I meant the ridicolous amount of unemployment (20000 workers and 6000 clerks just in Kosovo, which has no factories).

The mod is a little quirky like that. No idea why. Look at the UK. Most factories also have no people. It is probably to let the AI decide set itself, to let you have more freedom at start or who knows why. If you lack factories somewhere just build them.

Oh man, Paradox even managed to make Tribal gameplay boring as fuck.

I was playing the Pruthenians and it's almost impossible to expand because the AI can pull event troops out of its ass constantly, so everyone just sat around doing nothing.

Why don't you just try them? Or are you actually considering spending your money on a paradox game?

Pirate CK2 and test it. Even better, pirate CK2 and play the Sengoku mod, no other countries included. It might just run.

How about uniting HRE as Bohemia? Different culture group assures you won't push the reforms too easily and quick, and your position allows you to expand into Poland, so you don't have to wreck other HRE members. If you want additional challenge then:
-don't annex any HRE principality EVER, except for those of your culture group (means silesia)
-in peace deals, you have to always release as many HRE memeber states as possible before making any other demands
-You have to answer ALL calls to arms from other member states
-vassalising electors is forbidden

It's the same in KR where the Entente would almost always invade Sicily first if they go to war with the Internationale.

I guess the AI really likes Sicily.

Retard, coring costs are halved to turn non-cores into territories. I agree it's bullshit but it's not nearly as bad or game-breaking as you think, fucking with the alliance system broke the game more

What are some good mods for Darkest Hour that aren't Kaiserreich, World in Flames, or Grand Campaign? Is the Fallout Doomsday mod any good?

Yes. There's also Fatherland mod, still in development, which is a what-if Germany won WWII; there's NWO but I think that may be included in Grand Campaign now. There's the modern day mod as well as Total Realism Project. There was a Napoleonic Wars mod but you need 1.3. There's also a Muv-Luv mod but you need to run your game in French.

What kind of requirements is that?

The modder was Japanese and apparently was only able to get it to display Japanese characters in the French version.

Fatherland's still in development? I thought it was dead. The only AAR I managed to find of it was old as shit and done by a memester from Armenia (if I recall) who swapped halfway through to a Ben Garrison-led Confederacy rebelling against German invasion forces. Also had a peculiar fixation on the Melonhead/Neanderthal theory of hominid competition.

There haven't been any posts made in the thread on ParadoxPlaza in a month but that doesn't mean it's dead. Yet.

Was this multiplayer?

Pretty sure there's an actual Japanese version of DH. Running DH in French + Muvluv won't display Japanese characters, it just doesn't hard crash like it does when you run it in English (probably running it in other languages turns off error checking for non-standard characters). Wish I could find a torrent or something for the Jap version of DH since I'd love to try the mod properly.

Well, here's hoping it stays alive. How complex are the event chains, anyways? The AARer seemingly pissed Britain right the fuck off by constantly supporting the IRA as a militant organization, causing them to launch a surprise nuclear attack while he was balls deep in fighting off the Soviet reverse-Barbarossa. Would that not have happened if he'd gone for the political/government overthrow focus options instead of just throwing them into Northern Ireland with guns & ammo? Is it possible to avoid war with the Western Allies entirely? Can Britain go Mosleyan? Does RK Turkestan have any chance whatsoever not to get buttfucked, with or without a German invasion of the Soviets?

No.

hi i have autism is this the autism simulator thread? thank you

How can I make EU3 run better on a toaster? Disabling the fog overlay helped a bit but it's still sluggish when zoomed in.

Don't render trees, simpleWater, I don't know. Lower resolution and refresh rate?

It's got shitloads of factions and all, but once you try playng it, you'll find it also has next to zero content. Shortly after game start, all the uninhabited provinces get occupied by random raiders. After killing raiders and occupying the porvince, it'll flip to you by event that has a random chance to fire. After I spent around two years of just kicking raiders, I got bored and quit.

So ya visited the RPG codex?
Its the most chanish of all forums nowadays.
Still has a shitty portion of mods tho.

Is there no multiplayer game today?

Tell me if you can't connect. I have a new router.

People are joining so the network config is working. Get in, everyone.

Here, you will love this campaign.

Every fucking time.

Is EU2 worth playing?

I MEAN COME ON

Realtalk though, how does the NWO mod work geopolitically? I'm assuming most military options are off the table with nukes in play

FTG is better.

Check em

Down for the week.

You can actually get away with a lot, MAD only gets threatened if you occupy more than 10% of a nuclear armed country and you can still stall them a bit and try to get your own peace in before it forces a white peace.

You can also use battle warscore instead of occupation.

There are also tactical nukes represented by an event option that lets you take an infamy hit but severely fuck up enemy organization so you can wipe out their armies with your own.

All out nuclear armageddon can't actually happen afaik, it always resolves into white peace.

Do pops in NWO ever want anything but the most porgressive reforms?

In fact, do any pops in Vic2 ever want to roll reforms back? It's completely retarded! At least the reactionary pops should want to revert, if nobody else!

Oh shit. Gotta keep the jew containment zone under control.

Vicky 2 is meant to simulate a time that was mostly progressive reforms so pops are geared towards that. HPM makes lategame dictatorships generally rather stable though, and NWO does the same with populist or nationalist republics.

I understand that. But NONE of them want to roll it back? Not even the fucking reactionaries who rebel to roll them back?

I mean so far taking any further reform is a one way street. There's no going back ever, unless you deliberately let reactionaries coup you, or get very lucky with events so that the upper house isn't full of liberals and conservatives

They vote for Reactionaries, that's how they support rollbacks. Their actual pop desires tend to be policies rather than reforms.

Which is quite realistic, outside of a few specific cases that HPM has events/decisions for anyways.

Trotskyite Russia playthrough 3 HOI4
Dont know how that happened he invaded all alone about 6months before I built up my force
Japan was pretty easy to defeat after being pushed out of Chin and Manchuria and with pretty much only Yugoslavia, Greece and Britain left now its just a blob maker for my world revolution
I started a French playthrough but it was nowhere near as fun as the Russian
Italian one was fun but trying to kick the British out of the Med is stressful because there are so many annoying naval encounters and you have to conquer tiny little islands that can hold entire naval fleets and naval invasions take too long to plan

Commie please kys

t. Everyone

Leon > Hoi4

Coming back to my post
French playthrough is absolute garbage
The focus tree needs to be changed around and more political focuses need to be made
How hard is it to create mods?

I bet significantly harder than playing a better game.

Anyone got a download link for the Veritas et Fortitudo mod for EU4? For some reason the steam workshop link's all fucked up and won't download, and I don't have access to the paracucks forums.

Try using google. I found it. I am sure you can too.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6709545/VeF_3.2.2.7z

That doesn't mean you can't find a link. I said it, use google. And since he already spoonfed him here is another one: mega:///#!TUJjlLIB!jACMx1Z-TtfL4MBPpYdwa0H3vRUuklTTRStU3PRJVeg

Also, just play a better game.

Thanks user.

I did use google, but all the review sites led to either the steam workshop page, the paracucks forums or some outdated versions of the mod uploaded to MEGA. I wouldn't have asked if I didn't try.

Also, fuck off I like my casual gsg shit.

*EUIIII

You sure do hate fun.

I am just a magician like that, I guess.

That must be the case. My hatred of fun made the completely obtuse slightly older Paradox games simple to play after I put in slight effort.

Right, totally forgot we even have a /gsg/ archive since kickass died I'm totally out of the loop.

Shit I forgot about the MEGA archive on the OP's pastebin. I feel incredibly stupid now.

Searching all over the fucking place and the answer was right below my nose.

Wow. Their empire is Fucking Nothing, but they'd still wreck my shit. Guess it's time to start building up again, I just unlocked battleships and vassalised a pretty big rival empire. Another two have allied together so I'm thinking build up and vassalise one of those next.

Or just gouge a load of planets off them.

how the fuck can i play HOI? seems illogical to me

Read/watch tutorials/ask others/get your ass kicked repeatedly

I learned the basics of the game on my own and then learned a hell of a lot more playing MP with the guys in this thread.

ive watched already some LP….thats why the first war is always won but i cant actually be effective later, last game i was bulgaria. raped greece but couldnt even hold a stance against romania

btw, is reaper overdue already out? the mega link doesnt have any

kangz/10

This. Play with us in MP and we'll fill you in.

I hope you converted to judaism to be a true kang

I didn't, I like the coptic bonuses. Does judaism get any real bonuses?

I think you only get to roleplay as a chosen

I have bad news user…there are no transports, your units magically walk across water on their own after preparing a naval invasion

Should be:

No they don't. They take from the convoy pool to act as transports.

I thought this decision was interesting.

Oh really? Never noticed. You have basically infinite convoys since there's nothing else to spend your port factories on,

silly goyim thinking they can be jews.

You fucked up.

Is there any late antiquity/earliest medieval ages mod for EU3? you know, for starting in the year 395 A.D, I remember one.

Even through it starts in 399 A.D, I still wouldn't mind it.
But now I can't access to it, thanks to Parakikes.

Dear Paradox, it's hard for me to express just how grateful I am for this piece of art of a strategy game, Europa Universalis 4 (and along with it 3, Crusader Kings and Heart of Iron). Other major titles fall flat on their face when we start to compare all the mechanics that are in place that would require CERN supercomputer to calculate properly.
Here I am, waking up hour earlier than usual, before work to play as Milan and try to push Savoie and restrain expansionist Naples…
This game and especially Europa Universalis III (oh God the soundtracks, I wish I could import them into the 4th game) saved my life. I remember playing them in my darkest hours, and they would keep me alive and would give me something to look forward to.
I played probably as every nation on the map, it was always so fun. But very often I play as Japan, because I really like Japan and want to go there sometimes (thanks for adding asian soundtracks, really adds to the atmosphere!) and as Oirat (because I am half-tatar and must honor my nomad roots haha)
These games calm me down, sometimes I just sit with a mug of coffee and listen to kickass classical soundtracks while stomping on heathens and heretics. I love how much brain power is needed to play these games, especially when you are a small nation. Exploiting opportunities and weaknesses, predicting new steps, this is like chess but so much more complicated. Oh and don't get me started on Crusader Kings and all the hilarious community-made humor. I think we were banned from /r/nocontext even.
Please never stop being so awesome Paradox, as a game development company you grew on me more than any other. So many of my favorite studios failed (just look at Dayz's development…and DICE is now EU's slave and I am scared new BF will be bad and TF2 competitive failure). I love your development diary and looking forward to the new expansion coming (Rights of Man), I even got it on my Google Calendar.

G R E A T E S T A L L Y

There is a good Japan mod for Crusader Kings II called Nova Monumenta Iaponiae Historica. I am not sure what version of Crusader Kings II is made for but I know it is better than Sengoku.

holy fuck. i thought i was retarded to not find transport boats. fuck

someone is up to a MP of ck2?

I once suggested that Jewish nations ought to have a "give loan" diplomatic option that would then gain steady interest until the nation it was given to paid it off. Unfortunately I was banned from the Paradox forums for this.

Here: mediafire.com/?3o2qnto2g2d0yaa

There.

Not sure if this could be done, it probably is and it would be funny as fuck.

Also something like the doom mechanics for Aztecs, only that it fucks your country up if you haven't commited kikery (loans, spy actions) in a while. As to symbolize the crazy esoteric shit kikes have with the impending doomsday.

A good concept of a mod, too bad that the creator, being a good goy, REALLY hate Germany, and forces you a shitload of penalties without any reason or historical origin.

Someone should try to make the mod much better, and more politically neutral.

YO HOL UP FAM
[smacks lips]
HOL UP
[wastes gold reserves in frivolities such as mosques made of sticks and mud]
WE ROME NAO FAM
WE IZ ROME & SHEIT

This was during the West African religious phase. The dynasty was formed by this big nig with over 20 children, and I lead it to conquer the westmost part of North Africa. The Byzantines wanted Anti-Atlas and Marakech though, so they declared a holy war. Despite having all the West Africans on my side, I got my ass kicked. The only logical choice was to swear fealty.

Under Byzantium we stagnated, the West African Church was removed from our lands and all was Orthodox, until one Emperor took the throne and requested my niggers to hand over Gao and the rest of Songhay. As a nigger, I couldn't raise an army big enough to fight off the entirety of the Byzantine Empire. Thus my Niggers were destroyed, replaced by Maghrebs. It was a good run though.

Ha, my khan just got the title "Scourge of Brahma" for fucking over a couple of Buddhists. That is pretty fucking Metal.

Did you blind your wife blind?

I married her that way.

SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEt

[muhfuggen]

Been meaning to try a run with Ethiopia in EU4 (To me they seem to be the most 'advanced' niggas around). VeF is a pretty good mod it seems, changes a lot of shit (no more reducing war exhaustion with fucking mana, and vassal-feeding is now harder as you need to meet certain requirements [same religion and shit like that] for integrating them into your shithole, also far more realistic resources such as gems, oils and opium). All in all, the game seems less casualized with that shit. I might give Ethiopia a try, as Coptics have been overhauled and now have the patriarch mechanic, which kicks ass.

I hope they reduced the fucking bloat, couldn't even run the mod a year ago because of that.

Does it require the Rights of Man?

I tried it a few DLCs ago. It's fun at the beginning, but after you get the horn of Africa, it's just about blobbing

It hurts.

Mitteleuropa glorious aryans>>>>Entente lead by fascist Canada (Like in the AAR "Atomic Crown")>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Entente of good goyim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kerensky>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>International of marxists Not-Communists.

Fuck, I forgot about him. Wrangels Russia would be in second place in my opinion.

Very Related: forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/black-tsar-kaiserreich-aar.881377/

Yo hol up
You be sayin we wuz Vozhds n' shit?

МЫ

rate my byzantium

shit/10, not even a good attempt. You failed to maintain most primary objectives, and fulfilled no secondary ones. Nowadays every newfag who started a GSG for the first time thinks he can play Byzantium and get some respect, but that is not so – making Byzatium great again requires certain finesse, a knowledge of which lands need to be part of Byzantium no matter what (Greece, Anatolia, Dalmatia, for example), which are a little blobby but still very realistic (Azerbaijan), which are quite blobby, but excusable if other objectives are met (Hungary, Arabia), and places where one shouldN't be at all (India, Southern Africa, etc.). Every faggot can go and take out the ottomans, thinking how big a dick he has, and then prove himself a pussy as he goes off to Persia or Africa, conquering savages rather than tackling the HRE or France and Spain. Not eveybody has what it takes to be a byzaboo – look at yourself. Bullying slavs and shitskins with their dorrmat-tier armors sticks, being scared of Persians and Austria, only taking southern Italy full of poorfags… Think of what lands you took – the only provices of at least SOME worth are in Greece, which should go without saying, and a few parts in Mesopotamia, everything else is shit with MUH GRAIN. Why didn't you grab anything valuable? Northern Italy was right there, within your reach. Austria with its gold mines was right within your grasp. Even fucking Persia, with its spices, would be semi-excusable along the lines of Byzantium scrambling for colonies. But instead you filled your empire with niggers in Africa, trying to tax them with their mudhuts. Your empire is only slightly better than that of Ottomans. Yóu should be ashamed of yourself.

I think so, not sure though.

I'm not even a hundred years in as Byzantium. How's the lategame?

I mainly focus on staying within the 'vanilla' borders of a country, so I suppose it's the same 'waiting' game with colonization and toying with your weaker neighbors.

What I've noticed is an increased amount of event and flavor as BYZ and there's also more flavor to Zoroastrianism if you manage to grow as non-kebab Persia. Converting provinces is also a bit harder as well.

just about the same. You get some better CBs, the tech difference between tech groups is extreme (prepare to get anally fucked by europeans if you didn't have at LEAST eastern european tech group), there is nothing to colonise, but colonial independence wars happen from time to time, and most minors got swallowed up by their blobbing neighbours.

BYZ should be:

There, that's something one can look forward to on a playthrough. Fuck the new world, it's easier and more profitable to colonize the old one. I must be forgetting something super important, but it don't matter.

I did notice the the BYZ tech group only has shit up till lvl 37 or something, whereas eastern has up till like 40something, I suppose western goes even further.

How does one westernize in that shit? I think they changed that but I'm not too sure. I'll probably do it by decision after taking Wien anyways.

As in military units I mean.

Blobbing to Africa and not taking all of it is inexcusable in any game with any country.

is this general active?

no go away

They were asking for $160 for this shit. This better be the best video game I've ever played.

you didn't really pay that amount did you

why didn't you just pirate it, lad

No.
But it's still what they were asking for. How do they justify that?

they pretty much expect everyone to buy their games in the sales, it's a psychological thing(it's discounted now so I must buy it!!!1!)

It's what their forum full of cocksucking whales is for. They pretty much have their own corporate ranch there, the cattle wageslaving so they can blow it all on their gorillion DLCs.

Most people here either pirate it all, or only buy the base game on sale, to get access to their forums (where they hide all the mods)

Apparently the iso I downloaded has all the DLCs plus the reaper expansion, but I've never played vanilla, so I'm not sure if I even got all that other content or even what it is.

Looks better than mine. In the early 1700s I got dragged into the Thirty Years War on the catholic side while Britain, France and Russia went with the protestants, after the catholics lost Bohemia became emperor and started blobbing, by the time I had actually recovered the time limit was almost up.

any link to a good torrent with all dlc? or can you tell me what website and what to search?

Just shoot yourself in the head.

Me boyo, have you never pirated anything in your life? Just go to your favourite torrent aggregator and search for the most up to date torrent.

Or go to this russian forum if you want a direct download:

cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=64425

Why are you spoonfagging someone that is too retarded to read the OP?

Oh sorry, I'm not from around here, I didn't know you already have the links included in your pastebin.

You read so you would know, you piece of shit.

No, you misunderstood, I was the guy who spoonfed him.

Why are you so angry?

Yes, I know, I can see your god damn ID. And it doesn't change the fact that you didn't know either.

Why are you so stupid?

He hates fun

kek, wasn't even aware there were IDs here

fugg

Am I researching tech right in HOI3? Before I would just research tech even though their historical year was 2 years away, looked it up and saw that it's best to research when the date is 1 year away or research it when you've reached the historical year. I assume this is done so it's possible to research a variety of techs? Because I was just focusing on a few. With the way it's designed is it possible to be ahead in tech? Also I research the techs that give bonuses.

That was hard to read, my brain's not working.

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/world-in-flames-iii-origins-for-darkest-hour.959412/

This ww1 mods alpha looks promising. The way industry techs are organized is pretty is fantastic.

Did you enact an open border policy with Africa or is this the disease?

I was doing alright with combat, but I started a new game and soon realized I was curbstomping CHINAH because of their incompetence. Second time around they were more prepared, they had more troops on the border and they're tech seemed to be the same level as mine. Very frustrating to play and having no idea what's going on. The HOI 3 wiki makes it so unnecessarily complicated, I've seen the infograph explain everything else but combat.

Did you came from cuckchan recently?

WE WUZ PLAGUE N SHEIT NIGGA

It's nice to see I'll be able to fuck their shit up. Funny thing the mod gives the name Kipchak to the Golden Horde (at its peak) for some reason; I'm not sure why. The Cuman-Kipchak confederation was a predecessor of both the GH and the Mongols, so I don't quite get the reason they decided to use that instead of good ol' Golden Horde.

Oh yeah forgot to add, the black plague does fuck your shit up, but for some reason it doesn't lower your stability or anything, which is sorta bullshit.

It should come with a -2 stability malus or something among those lines.

There's a penalty of ahead-of-time research of 3,75% per month, with a cap of 90% with two-years ahead. This means that a tech that is 2 or more years ahead will be researched ten times slower than a tech the same year(assuming both have the same difficulty, and ignoring all other modifiers, that is). Because of that, it tends to be stupid to research too much ahead of time - it's a choice between one tech and ~10.

Of course, what's above is a simplification. Tech takes time to finish, especially ahead-of-time tech, which moves like a snail. Say it's Jan 1940 and you just started a 1942 tech - you'll receive no ahead-of-time warnings, but you'll be researching it at -90% speed. A month goes by, and at Feb 1 your tech starts moving at -86,25% speed, then 82,5% in Mar 1, etc.

Each tech's speed is also affected by 2-3 modifiers(click on the tech and mouseover the icons at the bottom of the screen to check them). For example, Light Tank Gun tech is affected by the Automotive theory modifier(times 0.3 or 30%), Artillery Practical modifier(times 0.6 or 60%), and Human Wave Doctrine modifier(times 0.1 or 10%). This means that if your Artillery practical/Automotive Theory levels are high, the tech will finish faster(and vice-versa). This is the one of the main reasons why one shouldn't always use the Volunteer Army trick(the other is that reinforcements are twice as costly for those units, so you're fucked in a war of attrition).

Of course, each tech use different modifiers. To continue the example above, Light Tank Armor uses Automotive Theory(30%), Armor Practical(60%) and Grand Battleplan Doctrine(10%). Pay attention to these, and you'll be able to tech that much faster than your opponent.

Oh, one last thing: Japan is the weakest faction of Axis, because it's between tho giants it'll have to fight at one point(USSR and USA). It was given an unique advantage in-game though, and that is an incredible tech efficiency boost once it defeat China, as a Strategic Effect. Then it's worth to tech as far away as possible to beat your enemies with quality over their quantity.

Finbro's second infograph explains combat in detail.

Not exactly GSG but god damn Civ6 looks like ass.

People can't revolt when they're dead.

Indeed. People busy dying are people too busy for voicing their discontent. Any imaginable stability loss from deaths in government structure are off-set by ease of governing from massive population loss.

Christ, did Paradox fuck with the nomads again? Every fucking time I conquer some land the other clans get upset. I can't even get an even split of counties between the clans, they want MORE provinces than me.

anyone got mods for CK2 2.0.4?

Why that patch?

because my game runs like shit since they added India

and I dislike some of the new shit they added.

Good reasons. ModDB seems to have collection of old versions of many mods, you could try there:

moddb.com/games/crusader-kings-ii/mods?sort=visitstotal-desc

Oh shit.

How is HoI4 soundtrack?

Early game is kind of a PITA because there are some breakpoints where you'll conquer 3 provinces and then need to give all 3 of them away. You'll also be unstable because the Khans will be assholes since you aren't much stronger than them. Eventually it evens out and you'll have as many provinces as the other nomads combined.

If you want try starting as a Khan rather than a Khagan. Khans can take infinite land on their own. As a Mongol Khan in the Charlemagne start I conquered all of this before becoming Khagan and needing to hand out about half of it (which is a complete PITA with the UI so I stopped playing, fuck needing to scroll through literally 250 county titles and hand out 100 of them).

Make sure you move your capital into south/west Europe so you can have 100% heavy cav armies.

Best part of this is when you play a sandnigger and your provinces literally have a supply limit of 100 due to black plague + some other disease. Then you get a 5k or more revolt which takes no attrition.

An overall improvement from HoI3 in quality and quantity but nothing as good as HoI3's Soviet and Japan tracks IMO.

They changed the Pagan conversion mechanics? Can't convert to Zun as Tengri with a Zun wife.

oh, pagans can't convert between each other. Das stoopid.

RandomHoI

So if I understand correctly, I could research infantry 2 years without 10 researching a few techs at a time, ahead but it'll use more leadership points? I was just reading how it's worth it to research a year ahead because after January first of that year the penalty is removed. I sort of figured out the modifiers that affect the speed. The game doesn't seem overly complex, it's just not clear on explaining things. Also would you happpen to have the infograph? I lost it. Thanks.

Fuck I forgot

Does anyone else love playing as, and reviving the Western Roman Empire? In mods obviously.

thanks bro

well fuck this shit

Guys help. I downloaded ck2 from that russian website but the DLC won't load up when i try to play, what gives? how do i activate it, i can see the files in my compy.

HOI3 France is near impossible to breakthrough. The only province that's plains is colmar but there's a river.

I feel like my strategic bombers aren't helping when I attack Colmar. Is the to France through Belgium?

Belgium, Luxemburg, Swiss, Italy, take your pick, any of these will work. You can also use bombers in a single province of the Maginot Line until the forces there are weaker, then throw everything you have at it.

Or just Paratroop Paris.

Also, Strategic bombers suck for Ground attacks. Use Tacs.

All right, thanks. I just smashed through Poland, they couldn't put up a fight. Dreading Russia with all the micromanaging.

anyone can help?

Just spend the $160, goy. You know you want that DLC.

Fuck no I already spent 100$ on EU4. And before you say shit it's worth it, I have over 1000 hours in that game and it was my first Paradox game. You cannot deny it's fun for an easyfag who's just learning Paradox grand strategy for the first time.

Alright, everyone will have their giggle at me, please just tell me how to activate this dlc.

What percentage of craftsmen/capitalists/clerks should Ihave in my country to help along industrialisation?
I'm playing as Netherlands and imdustralisation isn't happening as fast as is want.
I already have 2% or more intellectuals in each home province and full spending on education to maximise literacy

It always takes 1 leadership point to research 1 tech. How long it takes depends on a lot of things (ahead of time penalty, tech difficulty, theoretical/practical knowledge, etc).

In general don't research ahead at all. Even 1 year is very punishing. A month or two is OK but beyond that is just silly. Majors with infinite leadership to spare can ignore this for crucial techs but even thing most majors other than the USA are better off investing in officers or other techs.

Use Marines to get past rivers. IIRC a full corps of MAR/MAR/ART/ENG is the best option.

I read that a tech with 1 difficulty and researched on the historical year takes 175 days, that probably is the better way to do it, but how do you gain tech superiority?

Ids habbeding!

Rights of Man will be amazing, you will regret this!

People like you need to be bullied.

Okay poorfag.

And you know what you are? A fucking child. The reason the industry is cancer. Because you just can't learn to be an adult and have any consumer responsibility.

Lol ok. I feel bad now about investing in a game I enjoy and have milked more than enough time out of. Thank you for ruining my fun.

Your response is childish idiocy when you get called out on being a bad consumer. You're an objectively stupid person. Kill yourself.

Thank you for making the industry more casual and DLC simulators a viable business strategy.

Fucking kill yourself.

How should I have responded to being called out? Please tell me, I want to know. I'm really listening.

By committing suicide

To accept it the facts of your shameful display instead of trying to defend your idiocy. And then kill yourself.

Will there ever be a GSG that lets me spread the glory of KEK?

I am sure that the memeshop of CK2 and EU4 have something like that.

Should be easy enough to mod in Kekism as a religion. Do we really want to spread the meme though? To the autistic soc-juicers that make up the Paradox fanbase no less?

Is HoI4 still shit or did mods fix it ? I don't think it's salvageable tbh

Why is 4/gsg/ so cancerous ?

I have a lot of money so it's okay to shit on it !
Americans, everyone.

It is shit. And even if you just came from there it doesn't mean you have to tell us about how shitty it is to virtue signal with us.

Idk it was the only 4chan board I used to browse but how did it become so shit so fast ?
The only reason to go there now is for the archive and the mods.

It's been shit for a long time, friendo. At least 4 years now.

Why did Paradox games general become such a (un)ironic shitposting thread?

Try telling that to Steam Users
I already brought video games a very long time ago.

Cancer is for pussies.

What are the stats of cancer?

"Only" -20% fertility and -3 health.

So medieval experimental treatment of cancer has a chance of making the patient better off than before? Seems like a big oversight.

Treatment doesn't raise stats above your regular level, it just offsets the loss from the disease. Still though. I got the "Good Treatment" modifier which is +1 health, the Brawny trait and the experimental treatment modifier. Cancer? More like Can't-cer, am I rite?

kill yourself right now

Version 2.6.1
This means I have Reaper's Due + the DLC right? The iso I downloaded was kind of funky. Just want to make sure.

all of your dlcs should be listed when you pick new coutry to play

How is it hard to see if you have the DLCs or not? And there is even a 2.6.1.1 patch.

Not to mention the launcher.

I did't know because I jumped right into the tutorial. Also, I had the Reaper's Due splash screen on loading. Now that I'm trying a custom game I can see I don't have the DLC installed. So I'm redownloading this this and seeing if it works.

Got it working. Now I can preserve kebab.

That shit is made to spread. Blob away.

kebabs only purpose is to be removed

I guess it does make sense, but what about all those government officials getting fucked over the black plague and leaving empty holes in your administration? (such as getting the fuck outta your country to a place where the plague hasn't hit?)

That ought to fuck with your stability a bit.

Maybe, but on the other hand if your stability is in the negatives it would make sense the populace would be significantly less likely to chimp out if they were all dying. In this case I'd the administrative inefficiency is better modelled by other maluses.

Ok. For my first playthrough of Crusader Kings 2, I chose to be the sandiest of the sand niggers. My focus is theology because nothing is more important than the spread of Islam. For our first project, we will teach the emperor of Constantinople to respect Muhammad.

If the AI is anything but utterly retarded, you'll get raped

That's what they started me with. I assume I should take that one territory in sicily and then defend the coast.

The AI is utterly retarded when it comes to naval troop movement and straits.

What would the ideal Balkan borders look like?

What are some good multiplayer settings for 2 players? So far we have played as 2 irish counts in viking times, east and west francia in viking times, aragon and navarra around the first crusade and 2 Indian kingdoms around the first crusade

For some reason I can't get the GoT mod to work with multiplayer and I didn't find any other other interesting mods on the workshop. Would appreciate some mod recommendations as well

All byzantiu has to do is take its 20k stack and walk right up to you. In CK2, numbers matter significantly more than any tactics or terrain or anything. If they got more than twice your troops in a battle, you lost that battle

That's not funny, spoiler that shit.

I don't see his 20k stack. Where is it?

Three options:

gr8 b8 m8

probably still in constantinople

I'm sure by the time he sails them over here I'll have raised some levies and mercs.

so, did you get rekt?

After getting Polish Revanchism to allow invading at low world tension, is it better to ally/puppet conquered states or just capture them for the production?

Objectively ally because you get fuck all for manpower from uncored states.

Awed by the truth of the Quran, the Byzantines steer their fleet around in an aimless circle, allowing us to gain tremendous ground. Then, it is time to go on the Hajj, so i am forced to make peace for now. We will crush Christianity when we get back from the Hajj, I promise.

I found your problem

Best Hajj is with your army. Can't let filthy Arabs control the city of the Prophet (pbuh).

Addendum: If you're doing the low-manpower artillery builds then stealing cores for production capacity is also a good idea so you can spit out artillery like kikes spit out oy vey.

Hoi4 needs a proper resource system before we can even start talking about saving it with mods.
As it stands, even a completely oil deprived Japanese empire can sail a 300+ warship navy endlessly around the pacific fueled only by sheer hatred of chinks.

R8 my Judaism:

>global_missionary_strength = -6 #(>the goyim believe they can become the chosen folk it's gonna be hard to convert Jerusalem! OY VEY!)

What's a legit kike country I can make for EU4? Apart from Semien in the primitive assfuck of nowhere. I wanna be the realest kike. Perhaps a kike-majority duchy or something like that; ain't well-versed in chosen folk history. I know Yemen and Spain had lots of them, but they kicked the fuck outta them in the 1400's or something (for spain), whereas in Yemen they remained as muh poor oppressed minority.

I really wish Paradox put more effort into the AI rather than just bloating the content

Right now I have some claims I can make on a few north african territories. Can anyone explain to me what a du jore claim means?

But how can I get immersed in the world of Feudal Europe without original heavy metal tracks?

The only real candidate apart from Semien if you want to play as an existing nation is Karaman (for the flag).

You need to play as a custom nation though to access the Hebrew culture group (under lost cultures tab) and to unlock true kikery with custom ideas.

There are some good candidates -

-Interest per annum reduction (the most obvious one)
-Additional merchant
-Additional possible advisor
-Additional diplomat
-Spy network construction (Kike Subversiveness)
-Embargo efficiency (Judea declares war on X)
-Mercenary maintenance reduction/available mercenaries (get foreigners to fight for you)
-Yearly inflation reduction
-Trade efficiency

That the the area is supposed/widely considered to belong to the duchy/kingdom/empire, enough that the holder of the upper title can bully the lower one. It's mostly anti-border gore mechanic, but it also somewhat simulates the weirdness of feudal fealty stuff (for example Normandy follows France's kingdom laws, even if controlled by the king of England, atleast until Normandy shifts to be part of de jure England).

It's objectively superior to spam massive amounts of artillery in HoI4 so I'm not sure why you would do anything else. Because lol 5k soft attack.

An empty plain of purest glass.

I exterminated around 137 million africans (total pops, not able-bodied only) this playthrough.

Elaborate.

Upgrade arty, maybe make a beeline for rocket arty if you want it later, then make division templates with mass combat width arty and nothing else. Maybe a signal company or field hospital if you want to be a nigger.

picture unrelated.

Get around 1-1.5k base then stack combat modifiers. Mostly huge prep bonus from grand battle plan + rank 9 field marshal*. MSPART used to be insanely OP if you used variants to boost their soft attack, they'd have twice the damage of normal artillery at less than twice the cost and their softness reduced the damage your divisions took significantly.

*you can cheese to gain field marshal rank insanely quickly by making a huge number of small (1 infantry brigade) divisions. Send a thousand or so into battle and you'll be max rank in a matter of weeks.

I named him after my favorite food.

I'm going to be doing some map edit work in HOI3 TFH, and as such I came to ask: what are the imbalances in it that make the game less fun? What would you like to see changed?

Personally, I'm thinking of taking a look at the repeated nerfs Paradox applied to France(so it lost to Germany every time). I'm at a loss about what do do afterwards though - probably look into a way to make the USSR invasion of Poland actually happen, instead of giving them half of the country by magic once Germany conquers it. Of course, Poland would have more units to compensate(getting closer to the number of divisions they had irl). Might make it a more interesting country to play as, as well.

Need some ideas. Should I mod some leadership into the south american countries? Events, so they can actually join factions and participate? Are resources missing somewhere?

bump

Is stellaris worth playing or should I leave it a few years?

It's kinda fun, but get a diversity removal mod first.