I'm tired of all the edgy deconstructions and dark themes in games. I really love them...

I'm tired of all the edgy deconstructions and dark themes in games. I really love them, but I feel like I have too much of them in my life.

I want a game where I can play as the hero fighting evil and protecting the weak. But not just a game that allows you to play as a hero, a game that IDEALIZES being a hero and is based around heroic deeds. Setting doesn't matter, whether it's fantasy, superheroes or sci-fi I'll still play it.

Any recommendations?

Also
==COURAGE== general.

Zonders did this

Okay now I'm just a fucking retard.

great thread

I share your feelings, user, but you should probably be prepared to get called a nutless moralfag. It's just how most anons roll over here.

go play jet set radio and you'll be OK

Everyone knows that hating on good aligments Chaotic good in particular *iIs hating on fun**

Already on my to-play list, I heard it's good.

The worst thing is I don't know too many games like that unfortunately the only one that comes to my mind is Baldur's Gate right now There are probably more, but I don't remember them

I'm tired of anime faggots posting their favorite piece of shit character and making some broad boring discussion about shitty stuff that nobody cares about.

A lot of early 2000's WW2 games were all about how cool & good America went to fight a war with the super icky Germans and how the Germans are mean dudes and America cares about people, so you can play those

Sorry for wanting to find good vidya to play.

No, fuck that. Fuck generalizing WWII, fuck shitty propaganda and fuck that shitty theme.

This is definitely not what I'm looking for.

Zettai Hero Project

It was so obvious that I didn't even mention it. Anything else?

I don't like deconstructions, but I do like a good satire, light or dark. Emphasis on good, there are a lot of shit satires out there, especially in video games where people can't write subtlety to save their lives. That's why I like it more when games just go over-the-top and don't give a fuck in general, because usually those kind of devs spend way more time on the gameplay and are self-aware enough to know they can't actually write a good story.

There's Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2.
Maybe Wonderful101? I haven't played this one.

Try Freedom Force.

Yeah, W101 is pretty good. I'd recommend it

Seconding this.

Unfortunately I don't have a Wii U

Oh shit user, that game was pretty cool, thanks for reminding me of it.

Dynasty Warriors 8.

I feel ya, Viewtiful Joe can be played on PS2 emulators though.

That's All I can think of off the top of my head.

Okami, though it's more "goddess" than "hero," there's a lot of overlap. It does have a comic relief incompetent "hero" character, but even he ends up being pretty badass by the end. The entire leveling up system is based around doing good deeds for people, and their faith in the gods being strengthened as a result, which you use to increase your attributes.

Any Legend of Zelda game, really. Except maybe Wind Waker.

Zettai Hero Project: Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman.

It's a Tactical RPG/Rogue-like where you become a super hero. You start off as this loser who is shit on by his family and everyone around him and gets turned into a super hero because the last one dies by getting ran over by a car. He gives you his belt which allows you to become the Unlosing Ranger. Now you must stop the last boss, Darkdeath Evilman from killing Super Baby and save the world.

Gameplay is like a roguelike. It's a more advanced version of Shiren or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Where enemies are more complicated, bosses are massive, you get much more customization, and levels can have a vertical scale instead of just being flat. Now there is permadeath in the sense that you start at level 1 with no money or equipment when you die. But a small percent of your stats goes into your basic stats when you die. So leveling up again will make you stronger than before. There is a hunger meter too and special moves take away from this. So spamming special attacks will leave you out of energy. You need hunger to regen while walking. Without it you'll starve to death.

Every item you equip shows up on you and gives you some special move. You can have tank treads, a drill arm, a cursed skeleton hand, big titties, and a zombie head all at once and look like a clown of mass destruction. Tank treads make you immune to spike traps, the drill arm has a great range attack that takes little resources while the cursed arm has a high damage/high resource AOE attack. The breasts make you deal more damage to males and the zombie head gives you a passive where everyone you defeat heals your hunger.

There are more things to it but it's an fantastic PSP game that's easy to emulate. Despite being done by NISA, the translation doesn't seem bad and I found myself enjoying the banter.

it's hard to do pure heroism without deconstructing it

I played this game but I sucked at it completely, I had no idea how to actually make my character grow and what to do so that I won't fuck up when it comes to finances and building my character

Any tips on how to git gud?

It also changes bits of the BGM. Never seen any other game doing that.

Your level resets to 1 whenever you start a new dungeon, so just get good Equips and and fiddle a bit with the hero building block thingy, You don't need to minmax or do anything too efficient to get good results.
In dungeons, try battling weakling foeas at first to build up your level then move on to greater challenges, don't forget your food.

So you want a game where you're the goody good guy of goodness and freindship and you destroy the Evil McTwirling Moustache Badguy?
Have you tried MLP fan games?

I forgot to mention this game had 2 spiritual successors. While the first one, The Guided Fate Paradox, had better gameplay in some areas, I didn't find it nearly as fun at times. The second one, The Guided Fate Ultimatum, however, should be avoided. It neutered the mechanics and took away all the depth, putting it on the level of a Mystery Dungeon game. The stories take themselves too seriously, unlike the first game, when the writing isn't that good which kind of killed my enjoyment of the settings and characters.

I can't remember how the hero diagram and stat scattering works. But here are some ways to git gud.

A bunch of it is good decision making instead of brute forcing with good abilities and stats.

Shit like that is when you realize a game was made out of love.

Why don't we have these types of villains anymore? I think they're fun.

Besides, the villain doesn't have to be Evil van Darkbad. He just has to do some evil things.

Also

Thanks for the tips user.

You are just not looking hard enough.

No problem. Playing the game Brogue makes the experience much easier. That's still my first roguelike and one I have yet to beat. But it's great IMO.

As long as a game's story isn't shit, it's fine for me. But now that you mention it I can't think of many games that had a good story. It's usually the gameplay that carries me and not the plot. Maybe something like 999 and other adventure games but those heavily rely on story instead of gameplay.

I'm a bit suprised nobody has mentioned any capes yet. Too much of a low hanging fruit? Anyway, play Spiderman 2 if you haven't already. From helping kids get balloons back to punching out super villains, this game has your heroing needs covered. Combat and traversal are fun and upgradable, so it doesn't get old quickly. Plenty of side shit to do, such as obstacle courses, token hunting, stopping spontaneous crime, and arcade games that test your skills. People that you save will thank you and random passerby will cheer you on as you swing around. You can keep playing after the story as well, so it can be a bit of a time sink.

Ys makes you feel like one hell of a hero.
Also EDF

Dolphin is light-years ahead of PCSX2 in terms of usability, compatibility, and performance anyway.

Wild ARMS 2.

There hasn't been many good cape games recently. The best ones were when most were just beat em ups. And beating up a shit ton of goons isn't exactly heroic. Yeah Spiderman 2 is a good example but besides that there aren't many good games.

Which reminds me. Why the hell don't we have a modern Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction? The 2 games they made after it aren't nearly as fun.

I miss both generic good and generic evil.

Games where I can play as a heroic hero and games where you play as the villain without going full poorly-written edgelord. It's hard to be a villain without looking like a kid throwing a tantrum.

Castlevania and legend of Kage2. You're a hero, there's a villain in a villainous castle, go get him. As simple as it gets.

Point taken. As for Hulk, I honestly have no idea. Can't be to hard to just do the same thing with a few more locations and enemies. Maybe they made a patent on Hulk being fun, so now nobody can make a game where you destroy a squadron of attack helicopters with an indestructible cow.

Grandia for the PSX, mate.
It's a game about Justin, a boy that wants to become an Adventurer and explore the world, even going beyond The End of the World (a big ass wall that nobody ever crossed)
The story gets a bit weaker in the end since there's a lot of cliches and some cringy dialogue, but it's always good and doesn't take itself very serious, making the story always awesome.

And unlike most RPGs, the beginning isn't some boring mess either, it's quite possibly the best part that inspires in you the feeling of embarking on a journey with your friends to explore the unknown with an upbeat attitude like you'll never get from any other game.

It also features a neat RPG system that I really enjoyed, you had to practice your skills individually by casting them which can end up a bit grindy but the way it worked made each character quite interesting. It's a very unique system and I've never seen anyone trying to recreate it or expand on it, definitely give it a try.

It's like they hate money.

How about I kiss you on the lips you fucking idiot?

faggot detected

Brock Lesnar is that you

What about playing a monarch that directs heroes toward victory (hopefully)? If you would like that, play Majesty HD. You always play as a goody two shoes there.

No user, you are the faggot.