What is the official name of the NX?

Well user? What do you think it'll be called?

When are we gonna see it?

General NX speculation thread.

I predict it will have a very stupid name.

Nintendo Nexus. Nexus a connection or series of connections linking two or more things. Nintendo always talked about linking and unifying the hardware thus NX = Nexus. Screencap this faggots.

Probably the NX, same way that the DS was a placeholder name that Ninty had to stick to.

DS at least stood for something. As far as I'm aware, NX doesn't represent anything in particular.

Also the DS was Project Nitro before it was the DS.

Nintendo Next

I think it's suppose to be like Nintendo Cross platform or something

Possible, but that's still just speculation unless Nintendo has said something about it that I missed or forgot.

I remember they had shown an image at a shareholders meeting a few years ago that had a console, handheld, and a mobile phone with arrows that went to each other. But yeah, it is a speculation thread.

At the rate things are going, the day before it's released worldwide.

iirc some pokemon company rep recently let slip that it is a home console/handheld hybrid.

Honestly that would be the best course of action for Nintendo to take.

This might be the image

If that's the case, how many handheld games do you think they'll show off at reveal vs console?

Not arguing with hybrid idea; both Iwata and TPC's CEO said something to that effect. The part I'm saying we don't know about is what the letters "NX" actually stand for.

At least we have a date for that, thanks to the amiibo.

The French and a couple other countries' official Nintendo websites posted up the amiibo for the Breath of the Wild, complete with release date - 04/03/2017 (in Freedom Units, that's March 4th, not April 3rd).

Amiibo always launch alongside or after their respective games (so that you have something to use them on), and Breath of the Wild is going to be a launch title for the NX.

A. BotW amiibo release date = March 4th
B. BotW release date = NX release date
C. NX release date = March 4th

No, its a Nintendo branded Nvidia Shield Tablet.

It's releasing in March 2017 according to a prior investor meeting and the leaked release date for the Zelda BotW amiibo.

Fucking christ, I was joking when I said they'd only reveal it the day before release.

None. That would be the idea. You'd take your console nintendo console game experience with you, then plug it back in when you get back to play on the big screen.

Yeah, but there are handheld game series that would be showcased like the ace attorney games, or pokemon. That's what I'm wondering about.

the Amiibo NeX

When is the reveal of the new console?

Q1 2017

also why isn't NoA kill yet?

You mean they are not going to show off the console at the Tokyo Game Show?

I realize. I just thought it was a good segue to make sure everyone knew we now know the release date.

Given how utterly fucking silent some of their teams have been, they'd better have a huge lineup to show off at the reveal.

No one knows. A lot of rumors were swirling around in previous months saying it would be before/at/after Tokyo Game Show, but that's come and gone for a week and no new info is out.

TGS was a week ago.

The Nintendo GOY!

Nintendo Nigger eXtraordinaire

ds never actually stood for anything. people think it means dual screen but even back in 2004 nintendo denied this.

The Wii W

I'm tired of having threads for a console I know nothing about.
Nintendo as of late doesn't give me any hope of it being good.
if I get dubs the NX will go down in history as the worst console ever made

The "Wii Don't Care Anymore"

Something you can bet your bottom dollar on:
The nintendo games for the system will feature 32khz audio instead of the more common 44khz.
It been like this since the snes, for some bizarre and obscure reason.

You see, the problem with that is that it would be a good name. This is modern Nintendo, it's more likely to be named "Wii U2" or "New Wii U" than it is to have an original, catchy name.

WII NEW

It will be shit but you're still going ro buy it.

The real question is will it be more or less shit than the current consoles?

Nintendo hasn't released a console that wasn't shit in the last 20 years. I really don't think they'll pull it off this time either.

What the fuck do you think?
At least Pokemon Sun and Moon will be average dissapointing garbage like every other single one after 3rd Gen.

the failure the kills nintendo

Why can't they just leave the development names? Imagine a world where this happened. We could have had a Nintendo Revolution with backwards compatibility for the Dolphin.

Nintendroid

Andotendo

iNintendo

Nindows 10

Nintendo Station

They just going to create their own app/games stroe for iOS and Android. Then you will need to put this handles on your phone in order to play. It looks like another casual-wii-styled-trap-for-one-saeson.

You can't even hear 32kHZ

I get the impression that they're really trying to wean the normalfags from phone and tablet games onto real ones, given Pokemon Go blew up but people seem unwilling to buy a dedicated game console.

They'd better have a damn solid lineup if they want even a chance of that working and sustaining attention for more than a year at best.

NX
Not eXpecting sales

He obviously meant the sampling rate and not the sound frequency.
Educate yourself, shitlord!

The Ultra 64 was supposed to come out in 95 and they did the same thing as soon as they began releasing more info of the thing.

Use some imagination user.

Funny if true.

Nintendro Xross

Nintendo GO

The Nintendo Experience

If they don't have a strong first party launch line up then they fucked up

for some reason in spite of having billions of dollars sitting around Nintendo can't get a hint and buy more studios or even found more studios to reduce the software droughts they've had for over a decade. They still for some reason try to get third party on board when third parties haven't cared about Nintendo for over 2 decades even when the DS was the best selling console.

They continually got blasted by consumers for not having appealing third parties on their platform, ever since Square left them for the Playstation and took Final Fantasy with them. They've been trying to woo them back ever since, even though they really could afford to put together a bunch of small 10-20 man studios to make experimental games for their consoles, then pick and choose the good ones and move them up.

That's what they kind of did with Retro; Nintendo's just so cautious (usually) and slow moving they don't seem able or willing to do it on a larger basis. Not to mention with how ruinously expensive HD game development has become, it seems like way too much of a risk.

Actually, Yoshi's New Island and Federation Force are both third parties, I think?

They are trying to branch out and it's not going well.

Nintengo :^)

Nintendo:

To be fair this isn't just Nintendo's problem. Western devs don't give a shit about handheld consoles.

PSP, Vita, DS, 3DS. No Western support at all.

NintendoXbox

No one but Nintendo knows. It's pointless to speculate. Wait until its reveal.

/thread

it will actually be a nintendo fingerbox

it would be a step up from the wiiu then

I'm gonna laugh if all the "portable" aspects of it amount to the controller like the Wii-U

So it ends up being just a standard console, using AMD to boot.

WiiGo

Now lets be fair. It could use an Intel Atom, remember, the Xbone and the PS4 came out right when the Bay Trails Atom came out, which is why they used shitty AMD Jaguar cores

if they do go for an Atom based design they can easily fulfill their promise of having the console both portable and not portable

I doubt Nintendo engineers have figured out how to deal with battery and heat issues.

On paper new phones have amazing specs but in a real world situation they end up like the S7.

Because the names engineers give the prototypes almost never agrees with the names marketing teams come up with

They should but they just aren't, if Nintendo doesn't actually try within the next decade it's going to cease to exist, and not because of bankruptcy, because it will no longer be relevant to the only industry it is a part of.

It's natural that companies found new studios but Nintendo should have spent from Wii onwards rectifying the GC and N64s problems expecting the success of the Wii not to last, because it didn't and sever software droughts of the 3ds and WiiU were never really rectified and Nintendo is the only company to blame for this.

They aren't doing it anywhere near as much as they need to, I have no idea why Arzest still gets contracts they've been nothing but absolute shit, Next Level made both Super Mario Strikers. Punchout and Luigi's Mansion. Luigi's Mansion was a huge success it sold more than 4 million units, Luigi's Mansion would have had a small budget, it's overall profit would have paid for every Next Level game published by Nintendo, Nintendo needs to think of studios like that, but even then…

Nintendo doesn't understand something that is integral to the way Ubisoft works, when making a new IP Ubisoft over spends and over markets to the point where they lose money on the first title, but they plan for the title to become a success with later installments and DLC, I'm not saying Nintendo should go full DLC what I'm saying is Nintendo should learn that they need to spend money to make Money.

Then there's another thing Nintendo doesn't understand and that's system demographics. Games like The Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 failed because Nintendo's fanbase lacked the demographics for it to sell well, going back to spending money to make Money Nintendo should have worked with Platinum to build the action niche on their system over time, even if that means making low budget Transformers Devastation games every year or two to establish their platform as one for fans of action games.

Western companies don't make those systems though, and Nintendo could rectify this by buying up smaller western companies and publishing games for their platforms, there are loads of indie studios with skill that would jizz hard at a 2nd party contract from Nintendo, but Nintendo instead just doesn't.

Obviously you've never used an Intel Atom tablet, shit is like Intel dabbled in Jewish black magic or some shit. The Intel HD series GPUs in them can even play a lot of PC games like TF2 on medium settings

I think the reason they haven't done this is the fear of securing talent, making a hit game and then having that talent leave the studio and then struggling after that.

While the above situation is more of a western problem it's still frustrating they haven't done more (in Japan) with it.

Has Nintendo not seen how important Rare's game output was during the N64 era, compared to Retro's during both the GCN and Wii era's?

Nintendo's upper management is as talented as Microsoft's.

Wii worked out hilariously well in their favor with that "Wii would rike to pray" campaign

At this point I think it's safe to say it's not going to make the March release date.

I think it is going to be called the Nintendo doki doki. Think about it, it makes perfect sense.

Actually DS stood for Developer System which was another project name, but it ended up sticking.

Nintendo Wii Too

Because Nintendo too wants part of the mobile market cake.