Sensitivities

Can you name any games or specific cases of censorship in games where stuff was cut or censored because some idiot can't stop being overly sensitive about any events from the past?

Pic related.

Fallout 2 originally had a group of Nazi Remnant ghouls, but that ended up getting cut in the final version

Aryan Guilt is worst wuite guilt.

I am but a simple Fuhrer

What exactly happened here? Did they actually take him out, or did they slap on some shades and pretend he's totally not actually Hitler?

the later.

The second bit.

They just added shades and a trenchcoat, but left the jew-killing stache (which Hitler famously used as a tiny boomerang to switch on the ovens) and the hair(which is known for shining when jews die in Germany) on.

Oy Vey!

That's excellent.

feeling guilt or pride for things that happened when you were not alive is for fools

Namco's removing (removed? Not sure if it's out yet or not) the default Nazi outfit from one of the characters in the new JoJo game coming west, as Germany refuses entry of games involving Nazi imagery and Namco doesn't seem to want to make two versions of the game out here (one censored for PAL and one uncensored for the US). Though that begs the question of why they can't just toss the default outfit on the US PSN as a free download or something.

The latter. Basically it's still totally Hitler and everyone still knows it, rather than the character being cut and/or the story around it having to be changed.

Pride in your ancestors is a major building block of a healthy nation. Just like guilt is is good for destruction, or control.

Doom E1M4

taking interest in your ancestors is great, understanding history is great

but feeling pride for something you had no involvement in whatsoever means your own life is devoid of accomplishment

In the original version of OoT the Gerudo used the same sybole for Islam. Nintendo didn't give a fuck. The game also pretty much predicted that Mudslimes would go and rape/mix with whites to survive

What the fuck are you talking about

They clearly did since that and the blood spatters in the game were censored in every re-release, including later N64 cartridges

TELL ME ABOUT THE SARACEN, WHY DOES HE WEAR THE TURBAN

It's entirely possible that Gerudo just have very long lifespans. Isn't it every 100 years that a male is born? And besides that, it's the women who would be race mixing to keep their race alive, not the one male drowning in Gerudo pussy.

But hes supposed to be a german officer in late 30's germany
What are they implying he is now?

ALL NAZI THINGS ARE BAD ;_;

Welp, seems like this thread was fucked from the start.

Well, stroheim is among the only actually likeable nazis in all of entertainment.

If a person you cared for accomplished something great would you not be proud of that person? It's the same idea. You don't have to be empty to care about people before you.

Pick related got changed into "A Space Shuttle!" in the remakes because obvious reasons.

I don't get why they bothered for the US version when the localized manga has stroheim in his full nazi glory with no censorship. But nope, gotta censor every version because German laws

proud of that person yeah, but i won't feel some kind of gay proxy pride because of it

I'm not saying jews own entertainment but
jews own entertainment

And he's still a pretty bad guy, the pillar men are just worse in comparison

Yeah, he is, but the thing is that he was a glorius bastard and actually helped in the greater good of things, so hes forgiving for killing mexicans in weird blood rituals.

Again, it's most likely not wanting to have to make two separate versions for the west. But I'm curious, did the sections of JoJo involving him get brought to Germany? Just because something is able to make it to NA or general PAL countries doesn't mean it will for every western country (hell, there's not even any law breaking issues with games like MeiQ or Valkyrie Profile, but Australia has refused to rate the former and both Germany and Australia won't rate the latter because both games triggered the ratings boards, so the games aren't being released there).

Im not even aware if battle tendency was released in germany, either in manga or anime format, a shame because krauts will miss on best jojo.

Having pride for something you didn't do shows that you probably have low self esteem and need to accomplish more in your own life.
It's pretty pathetic to try to steal the pride of the accomplishments of others.

Whoops, meant Valkyrie Drive. But it wouldn't shock me if PAL didn't get Valkyrie Profile back in the either.

They imply at several points during the game that the Gerudos reproduce by using Hylian men. Off the top of my head, there's the guy in the castletown who says they come to the city to look for boyfriends, and the carpenters(who strongly resemble Japanese gay stereotypes) imply that they were going to be raped.

You’re retarded.

the satanic aryan has spoken

Learn what words mean before you use them.

give me a reason why you should feel good about stuff you didn't accomplish yourself?

its like having pride in the color of your skin, black pride and white pride are equal parts a fucking joke because you don't get to choose how you were born, but one just desires something to cling on to they pick that, instead of something they made with their own hands or accomplished with their own sweat

be your own man

There's a lot of Holla Forumsfaggots in this thread.
Maybe you should go back to your hugbox.

On topic, you could look at a lot of treehouse-localized games. Nintendo fucks with a lot of shit in general just because of their stupid 'family image' garbage.

I vaguely remember a bunch of people being upset because something in pokemon involved the word 'war' or some shit.

Megaton's bomb in F3 was removed in jap's version of the game. You know, despite the whole game's setting being a nuclear wasteland.

People build on top of what their ancestors left behind. It is natural to feel pride for the good things they left you.
It's how worthwhile nations get to the top.

Because your ancestors are who made you.

A people is made up by the folk who inhabit it. If you didn't come from the people you do, you would be an entirely different person. Your folk is part of you, and you are part of it. This is why we feel pride. We, the people, are in it together.

It's like saying an architect shouldn't feel proud in the castle he designed, or a king not in owning it, because the stonemason built it.

More like an architect shouldn't feel proud about a castle because it was his great grandfather who designed it.
And while at it, if somehow a crucial design mistake costed the old king's life because one day some rubble just fall off the roof and breaks the old king's head, the architect himself shouldn't have to feel shame. The king's right hand most likely chopped off the great grandfather's head and exiled the entire family.
He has fuckall to do with the castle directly.

Yeah, I mean, yes, Japan has a horrible past with bombs, but it is not like having a weapon is glorifying the use of them.

You can be proud of being a descendant, but that doesn't mean you should consider taking credit or expect to be treated as your ancestor I think, is kind of confusing.

They removed the game corner that used to be in every Pokemon game simply because a bunch of soccer mums more concerned with ruining things they don't like then parenting threw a tantrum.
And after HGSS they never brought it back.

The actual reason is EU regulations prohibit gambling even in video games

Thanks Europe you stupid bureaucratic globalist shithole! Britain will not miss you and neither will America for fucking things up for us!

Only a britbong would be that retarded.

Your own ancestors ? Stealing their pride ?
You are a special kind of retard.

soon my friend, soon

Not a britbong, but I want to see them gain independence as much as they do

It's a continent you dumb fucks
it took this thread for me to realize you retards are just as dumb as everyone else

I guess the correct way to say is Britain no longer being part of the European Union, not the continent but the system.

Nigger you fucking new I was referring to the European Union stop arguing semantics you fucking autist

Europe, the continent is not EU the european union.
I know many people mix up the two, but please stop being fucking retarded.
There are many bongs that believe Britain is not part of Europe and say they are *going to the continent* when going to france.
So things become even more complex.

But at all times remember Europe is not the EU, as much as the EU would like that.

Mortherfucking this. As much as those one world government cunts would have you believe otherwise.

Pretty sure gambling isn't prohibited, otherwise Fallout New Vegas wouldn't have made it; it just gets you a higher rating. Same in Australia.

Given we have an epidemic of gambling addicts, I can't blame them.

To play devil's advocate here, if a design like this were to be presented to me in our development process I'd shoot it down too.

Not because it triggers faggots but because I wouldn't WANT the game or the character to be associated with nazis; because neither the character nor the game are about nazis.

But is it actually censorship because he looks pretty rad now.

Registeel doesn't hold its hand like that because ti's a Nazi, it holds its hand out like that because it's a fucking coincidence. Associating the hand position to Nazi-ism is as stupid as associating the Swastika to be a Nazi symbol. The Swastika is a religious symbol, and a symbol for an internal struggle and time of peace at that.

If you see a character holding its hand up and you automatically think "NAZI SALUTE" then you're a fucking retard who wants to be offended.

Now you're just being willfully ignorant.

Yes, a raised hand is most likely not a nazi salute.

Yes, the Swastika is a religious symbol.

Neither of those facts matter because the nazi salute is the first thing that popped up in EVERYONE'S mind when they saw the sprite, including you and me. Everyone's first thought are the nazis when they see a Swastika.

It's just the way it is and you can't go against human nature.

Like fuck I can't.

That makes the game even better

Why does that matter? Stop being a sensitive twat and let the artist make what they want.

That's the thing… I really doubt registeel was intended to be associated with nazi salute. The association is inevitable so changing the pose simply removes that controversy without literally taking away anything from the character.

Censorship is horrible on all fronts, but this isn't censorship, it's a sane design decision.

Because your game will be associated with nazism. Nothing will tank the game faster than that.

I dont agree it should be that way, but I entirely understand the need/want to avoid it. Especially for such a big, family friendly company as Nintendo.

I didn't understand what OP was talking about at all until you mentioned it. It's a golem and behaves robotically. Why would I think of the nazi salute? It's not even like it's pose is standing in attention while raising it's hand.

Outside of communities that have used it, probably. But that's because "the Nazi symbol" is what media pushes it to be, so it's hard to call that "human nature" when it's been presented and forced on everyone like that.

That said the damage is done and I can understand not using the Swastika.
Treating every instance of a raised hand like that regardless of the whole pose however? That's bullshit.

people memed the hell out of nazi registeel

The media currently treat every instance of a green frog as white supremacy.

A "nazi salute" at least had documented history to it.

that doesnt matter, what matters is what people repeat ad nauseam. people are what give symbols meaning through association. dont play stupid

I'm going to have to stop you there, it took me a minute to register what was sensitive or even implied to be wrong with the sprite. Hell it's even the wrong hand for a salute. But I'll agree with you that nothing was censored between those two sprites, just a change in posture.

That's a funny metaphor because it's the oposite of what you said.

It's perfectly okay for your parents to feel proud in themselves with your development as they are the ones that raised you and made you the person you are today. They played a role in how you grew up and made you the way you are, they have a reason to feel pride in both you and themselves.

But the kids themselves, they can't have the same as they had no part in raising their parents, that doesn't even make sense.
So Nikola Tesla and Albert Einstein did some impressive shit. Great, they are amazing people that everyone should be proud off. That doesn't mean jackshit for you, you never made anything remotely close to that. Just because there are great men that share the same skin color as you do, it doesn't make you any better or worse, only your own merits or faults do.

You can feel pride for other people but you can't feel pride on yourself for someone else's merits.

thats all censorship though really, some fag cant handle freedom and wants big brother to come shield his eyes.

The worst part about censoring shit around peoples' sensitivities is that it enables censorship with actual agendas as well, thinly veiled as modesty. There's a difference between, say, not putting in rapidly flashing lights where they don't belong for the sake of epileptics or not putting in detailed gore in a war film for people with actual PTSD, versus not depicting Hitler at all because some guy's mad that his country's leader did something shitty before he was born or changing someone's outfit because our culture is so touchy about sexuality that we get violent over exposed tits, even in non-sexual contexts.

In other words, hold the door for a guy with a cane who has trouble walking, but don't hold the door for anyone who gives you an angry look and tells you to open the fucking door. You have hands, do it yourself. Sort out your own personal insecurities instead of forcing other people to deal with them.

Going by the state of the West right now, being proud of your ancestors (at least the recent ones) is fucking stupid.

Someone didn't think this thru.

Why live?

I miss the free Abra, dratini or whatever other mons your could get. Could get you some rare shit earlier in the game or just waste time.

THIS

what age were they aiming for with 'big' fleria?

Good thing the Holocaust didn't even happen.

pride and gratefulness or relief are nothing alike

and in some versions of platinum the slot machines got removed, meaning the only way to get credits was checking every slot machine and the floor or buying them with pokebux

That basically made zero sense in game, going to an arcade of sorts to buy coins for prizes without a way to earn them playing, why not just adjusting the prices of items to use pokebux?

beautiful

He's a radical nazi