Vidya Calcs

THE GLORIOUS AUTISTIC SECRET BIG VIDYA DOESN'T WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT
Doing math on paper is fun!
Tell me Holla Forums, which games make dealing damage so enjoyable that you bust out pencil and paper or word processor to start scribbling out the best route for stylishly eliminating your enemies with optimal personal satisfaction?

Etrian Odyssey and Monster Hunter have a special place in my heart for their damage formulas and the satisfaction of exploiting them. I was just trying to decide on some EO4 skill investments when I blacked out and woke up twenty minutes later with pic related and no changes made to my confirmed optimal Dancer. I want to have more fun with shit like this, post your favorite vidya games that inspire you to calculate damage formulas, player economy predictions, speedrun clear times, and other fun_ applications of math!

How adorable! It's like you're pretending to eat at the adult table!

I only used a paper in X3 to write notes about ships, prices and other stuff.
Also in SotS The Pit i wrote down what trap door does.

If only Etrian Odyssey were a proper dungeon crawler. One can dream. Still would have to deal with the disgusting art though.

He was theory crafting monster hunter too? That's even more pathetic.

I don't have enough autism to do this in an ordinary situation. If I wanted to do math I'd do my college assignments. The only time I ever wrote anything down for a videogame was either a cheat code or the very beginning of Deus Ex where I thought I'd have to manually enter the login and passwords. NSF001 smashthestate

Sorry kid, all video games are below real adults.

if you can level up its an rpg

Give me an example of good art. You're not gonna send some Tolkien shit my way are you?

Your word choice not mine.

How is this not indicating that you think you're more mature? Does it indicate something else?

How limited.

Within the realm of video games fool. Do I seriously have to be that specific or are we not on Holla Forums?

How does it? You brought the charge so the burden of proof is on you.

heh
nice trips

Tetris.

I'm not the same guy. How else is anyone possibly supposed to read that as anything but you thinking you're more mature? If he isn't eating at the adult table then what does it mean? That he's more casual? That he's playing easy games? What? Just say it.

The forks would be too complex.

It's easier to eat the food.

What? It's not like I'm some meta-gaming faggot following YouTube recommendations for Dota picks. I'm just exploring the details of damage mechanics in my favorite video games that I've already beaten blind.

Why would someone come into a thread about fun to talk about something they don't enjoy? Why would they do that?

I love Etrian Odyssey's art, the director understands color on an emotive level. The portrait palettes really resonate with me and I've noticed he has some of the same favorite color combinations as I do.
hnnnnnng

Any clicker or exponential games

Minecraft if you get into redstone (logic is math)

FFT has Calculator class

SS13 has telescience where you plot a radial rotation against unknown offsets to push or pull any object from anywhere

Fucking thank you. God your life must be like one of those shitty sitcoms in which the entire plot revolves around a misunderstanding.

It's wrong and hilarious if you do it with these games. How ridiculous.

You are welcome.

They're quads by the way.

Planning Path of Exile builds is more fun than actually playing the game.

I think that objectively speaking everything is shit, and that includes everything I've ever liked and will ever like.

Except bagels. They're pretty good but the butter I use is objectively bad.

Anime is the shittiest and bagels were created by polish jews.

Which is why I said everything I've ever liked and will ever like is objectively bad. The fact that bagels were created by Jews doesn't make them bad. Latex condoms were also the invention of a Jew. Are you going to stop using them now?

Unfortunately most games that demand attention to builds end up with casuals complaining the game is too hard. Someone writes a guide and everyone else mindlessly copies its recommendations. It doesn't matter how easy the game is, people see one stat and turn their brains off- look at MMOs.
I never got too involved in EO but it's good to see some games still demand some autism.

Yes, because it is our duty to preserve the white race, no matter what niggers, muzzies, and kikes try to do

I cannot get an erection during intimacy with another person.

The only thing preserving the white race is mass nigger abortion, and you idiots are trying to get rid of it. Have fun getting overrun by spooks and spics.

Well most of the people here probably can't even get to the intimacy part.

hue

I don't think I could have fun playing Minecraft but redstone tinkering has potential

Homogenous metas can really turn me off of a game - I see it as a failure of developers' foresight. The one time I was able to escape cancerous metas in a poorly balanced game was Magic the Gathering's Duels of the Planeswalkers released for iPad/Xbox/Playstation. All the tryhard players Googling deck builds were apparently on the Playstation version while I played against all the iPad shitters and had a blast every time.

it was a gift

It does involve some math though.

Factors work for hp, level, elevation, etc

You fucking kike.

I have a dps spreadsheet for Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon
Yes it includes reload times in the calculation

Why don't you play a real man's game like Aurora?

If you enjoyed it, who gives a fuck?

EDF 4.1, but it's usually some pretty simple math, kinda useful though.

i am genuinely ashamed of this but when i was really into world of warcraft (pre-BC) i had a huge spreadsheet that i spent at least thirty minutes a day cross-referencing and updating. i was one of the first blacksmiths on my server to reach max profession and max armoursmithing and had a huge document detailing how much of each raw and processed material an item takes (also further breaking down each processed item), how much each of those resources and items are worth on the current auction house, and therefore it was easy to determine my profit margins on each item without accounting for demand (i pretty much had a market monopoly for about two months so demand was always sky high)

it sounds fun and innocent and charmingly autistic to say it but it actually makes me feel real shame. i took that document more seriously than i had taken any other documents in my entire life at that point

I don't do that anymore but I did it with Disgaea 2 when I was younger. The autism was stronger back then though. Saying that I now play much better than I used to with only doing calculations in my head. For most of Disgaea 5 I had a good understanding of how much damage I would actually do just by comparing the numbers. But once you start reaching the thousands things get exponentially different. I have no grasp of how much damage I'll be doing with the much bigger numbers.

Touhou requires speadsheets. There's time, general stats, scores, personal best scores, top scores, score routes, clears, and so on. All for each category in each game, and there's a lot. Score routes in particular can be complex and require precise math.

Any game that has a lot of alternative endings that need to be kept track of.

Puzzle games like Riven and Myst.

What we need are games that are short and mechanically deep, that encourage you to experiment because you don't have much progress to lose if you make a bad decision.

Stop replying to bait you fucking retards. Report and hide.

Granblue Fantasy
It's a mobage

While it doesn't really require math beyond basic math, competitive Pokemon is pretty fun for that. Until the rng fucks you over

Fuck you, bagels did nothing wrong.

good goy

OP I'm so sorry this thread turned out like this

Eye of the Beholder 1 & 2

Well in MonHun you can't, so it's not an RPG at all. And not every RPG is a JRPG, EO is a dungeon crawler RPG.

The only games I have ever theory crafted are WoW and Command and Conquer: Red Alert.
I have put a little time into a few FPS just to test dispersion at a couple of ranges and penetration but I wouldn't call that theory crafting.

Silent Hunter III with the Grey Wolves mod.

Reminds me of the EVE autist with 140 accounts who had elaborate spreadsheets, scripts, dedicated webservices and calendar events for maximising profits.

A Japanese dungeon crawler RPG

JRPG =/= japanese RPG nowadays, it's a particular type of RPG gameplay.

Why is class/job based vidya always god tier?

The most fun I've had playing Pokemon has been with fullderp on Holla Forums where elaborate gimmicks are the name of the game. There's nothing more impressive than a perfectly minmaxed Shuckle with great RNG.

showderp on /vp/ was fun back in the day too

I was expecting more EVE ITT. I had a roommate who was so into eve that everyone in his corp had his personal cell phone number.

all my experiences with EVE online have been hilarious to me and they've all been strictly 3rd person

he's not a goon, but I did hear him complain about their corps before I knew goons used it for money laundering