Platinum TMNT

When the fuck did this even come out?!

It's shit, isn't it?
Even worse than Transformers?

They're a C-tier dev now. And once their next few games turn out to be shit too, they'll be certifiably D-tier.

Thats a very good plat game you faggot
Yes. Everything is a bullet sponge.

Worse than Legend of Korra.

The problem is that Activision doesn't give them time to polish shit to Platinum's usual standards.

The desperation of the fanboys like this is also evidence of their decline.

But if they make shit games, their usual standard is shit. You're thinking their past standards.

Which bad ones have they made without Activision messing it up recently? I'm not really following much to be honest, and am only aware of Wonderful 101 not being very good at the end.

Oh, you played it? Would you like to detail why its bad then?

Forgot about it. I mentioned Transformers for a genuine comparison, I loved the game.

They should have given these subprojects a different label, if they're really given by another team. Why is Kamiya shooting himself in the foot?

People seemed to lose interest about an hour after the torrent went live, so that's not a good sign. Locked to 30fps across all platforms last I heard

Platinum really, really needs a win with NieR 2

Seriously, whats wrong with it?
Did they work on Guard, or just Starfox Zero?

if you had to bet your life what would you bet?

I thought it was clickbait hating on japanese IP?

It's horrible. Levels are you running around aimlessly until you get a random event, combos aren't that fleshed out and lot of the cooler abilities are cooldown based. It's LoK tier but even worse.

And Devastation is pretty good Autojerk.

Devastation was fantastic.

Star Fox Zero is awful, but I believe Platinum was just doing art design and asset creation.

They probably had all their resources in Scaleblunder.
I feel bad for Kamiya, he's fucked up with this one, and it's taking the rest of Platinum down with it

OP, let me explain a couple of things to you.
There's a good chunk of Holla Forums that hates platinum and wants to see their downfall.
The reasons are as follow:

-Kamiya cocksucking
-PG fans worshipping PG to insane degrees
-Other misc reasons (can't get good at fast paced action games, superficial understanding of the genre and thus in turn hatred for anyone that likes it etc.)

So when making a thread about PG you'll always get the "they're shit" reaction.

Here's how PG works and why the titles are inconsistent in terms of quality, it's divided in three teams:

-Team A is lead by Kamiya, they only deal with new IPs (bayo, W101, etc), they never make sequels, they're under the will of Kamiya and thus slaves to what he likes, good or bad (Kamiya loves stupid gimmicky sections and QTEs in his games).

-Team B is lead by Atsushi Inaba and makes sequels for IPs from team A, and also sequels and/or games for other IPs (MGR, Bayo 2, etc), they're more flexible compared to team A and will work with external influences when making their games.

-Team C works on "budget" games, they have tighter schedules, less resources, and work basically entirely on projects commissioned by other companies, with mixed results depending on how much time/money they've been allocated, this is why you get very different results like T:Devastation and TMT.

This is the reason why PG is inconsistent.
Once you understand how it works, it actually makes sense.
Remember to ALWAYS do your research before asking Holla Forums about this subject, there's a lot of people with a personal vendetta against PG with personal agendas to shift the hivemind against PG itself, tricking the average Holla Forums simpleton into listening to them.

Rationalizations of the cucked fanboy starring 1374c6

Finally someone who gets it.

So hold up, you're saying that B-Team is best team

When from started to reveal that they suck, people used the same A B team horseshit.

ou still have yet to tell me why the Transformers game is Shit; and yet you still have time to post here.

Isn't Inaba also responsible for Devesation?
Or is that Sato?
Regardless I agree, there's plenty of inconsistencies between PG's games. And something I hate about Team A is the minigame segments.
Also I miss Mikami. Vanquish was just fucking amazing

W101 is just way too good. I admit I haven't played Bayo though.

They did all those license games to fund Nier and games they want to make.

While that's partially true, 90% of the projects PG makes, including Nier Automata, are already for the most part funded by the companies that commission them.
They're, in simple terms, a mercenary studio.
The game is being financed for the most part by Square Enix.

It's a simplified version of Bayonetta which is already a simplified version of Devil May Cry, it's a solid but pretty generic action game nobody would care about if it didn't have Platinum's name on it

user, let me explain a couple of things to you.
A lot of people who love Platinum or Clover hate their new games because they've stopped being a) innovative and b) good. That's it, you don't need a fucking brick of text to explain that.

Incorrect. Transformers is actually a mish mash of a bunch of their previous games, taking mechanics from MGR and Bayonetta Mainly, and having the combat centered around momentum due to the vehicle mechanics (Unless playing as Bumblebee or Grimlock).
How is Bayonetta more Simplified then DMC?

"A bunch of their previous games"? Like what, Madworld? Anarchy Reigns? Vanquish? The Wonderful 101? Even going back to Clover Studios it has nothing in common with God Hand or Viewtiful Joe either, and it takes practically nothing from Revengeance.

If you have to ask this, I have to ask if you've played DMC.

That's retarded to say. Its a good game about Transformers with fast paced action and varied gameplay styles. It would be known no matter what. In fact if it wasnt Plat it would be much more known since it wouldn't have the hate club against it

Transformers certainly takes some queues from Vanquish with its fast paced sliding gameplay

Vehicle mode is not "fast paced sliding gameplay"

It is.

It's safe to say at this point the Turtles will never get another good game. The days of the Konami beat em ups are long gone.

What about the Gun Aspects of the game? They is huge combo rewards for pulling off headshots.

Devastation is actually good though, TMNT was badly marred by horrible A.I and a bad mission system.

Vanquish didn't invent the third-person shooter, and it didn't have a combo system either. May as well say the previous Transformers TPS games were also Vanquish-inspired.

Is English your second language?

it means you get rewarded for pulling off head shots with huge combos?

It's like a really bad MMO that pretends to be an open world action game… which is sad because the initial trailers looked really good and coming off the Transformers game I thought they could deliver. It looks like we may never get a good TMNT game… also we'll probably never see Alopex in anything but the comics which is another bummer.

At least we got a good super robot game out of the Platinum x Activision deal.

I'm not going to deny that Devastation had some problems (the camera is ass even by spectacle fighter standards, sometimes I'd use a vehicle attack when I wanted to dodge out of the way and take an attack square in the face because someone decided to tie them both to the same button), but to say the combat is overly simplified isn't really fair. Saurian's put together multiple videos showing off the different fighting techniques and their uses in battle, and while not on DMC levels of complexity, they certainly hold their own.

So you're saying, TMNT got the short end of the stick (Team C). Too bad, I was a fan of the beat'em ups (particularly Turtles in Time) and had been looking forward to the same "love song" treatment given to Devastation.

It didn't get it, because, like Korra, Japs don't give a shit about TMNT or Korra. Fun Fact; Krang has blade arms in the new comic, but does not Utilize it in the TMNT Game.

However, in the Transformers game, Bosses such as Shockwave use obscure references from the production bible/Toy recolors to create its move set. Thats why Shockwave is able to make doppel gangers