BATTLERITE

So this game goes into early access in a couple of hours. Anyone else played the beta and had a blast? I'm actually considering spending the twenty bucks to get early access and unlock every champion forever.

I know. I know I shouldn't, but I had more fun playing the beta than I can remember having in years.

I do it for freeeeee.

I'll pass.

To be fair this doesn't look like an ASSFAGGOTS at all. At a glance it's just ARPG dueling.

Understandable. Let me clarify though that this game has no towers or minions or leveling or items or anything like that. It's a simple 2v2 or 3v3 arena where pretty much everything has to be aimed. (Yes, you can miss heals.)

I hate to say this OP, but you honestly sond like a shill. Sorry.

Is this a remake of their earlier arena game?

Apparently it is something like that.
What a shame they had to switch to this generic blizz clone artstyle.
Bloodline champions had an actual creative art direction.
Sad.

I know. I guess I am technically shilling the game, but only because I had fun with it during the beta. I've been periodically checking the catalog ever since the beta started and there hasn't been a single thread ever.

A spiritual successor by the same dev team, yes. Bloodline Champions got raped by Funcom.

Signed up for the beta, if I got a pass I'll give it a shot.

I suppose that is a fair assessment.

Doesn't sound especially enticing to me, but that's because it feels like so many of these games fail to do anything remotely interesting beyond the same DPS, Tank, Heal trinity.

Smite did the "skillshot" for every ability thing and it was alright, but it's still the same tired structure.

Yep, I got a key, lucky me.

The mail said that the "Second beta session is from "September 14 to September 17" I still got a key and am installing it right now.

So it's a moba without the lanes which focuses only on executing your skills gudly?

Basically, their older game, Bloodline Champions, was similar but it got taken over by some chinks who ruined the game.

Whats with all the ASSFAGGOTS/CRAPCUNTS halfchan faggots flooding the board with their shit?

Agreed. I've seen several people complain about the art direction in Battlerite (including myself), so while a complete rework is unlikely, if they listen to the beta feedback there might be some remodels.

The beta is over, sorry. The early access starts in about an hour but will cost 20 bucks. The game will go f2p once it releases.

Oh my, I really do sound like a shill. Maybe I should have waited until it actually goes f2p before making the thread.

Nope.

I got Titan on BLC, and there is no, absololutely none, compensation for getting that, despite this being a spiritual successor and using alot of assets, classes and concepts from BLC.

Fuck battlerite.

Not everyone that plays these games is halfchan, user. If you don't like these types of games, please, just hide them. I fucking hate splatoon and touhou threads, but I won't shitpost in the threads. Thank you

What if I got a key? It's in my steam library right now, will it be removed?

I played the beta a little bit, and I played a decent amount of BLC back when it was still good. I thought Battlerite was okay but some of the new additions like the talents and the mounts seem unnecessary and I think it's unfortunately going to die about as fast as BLC did since it's really not any more beginner friendly and the art style is much less unique now. They also seemed to be phasing out the tank class which was my favorite.

Isn't it going to compete with Bloodline Champions now too?
We've got a few billion people on this planet but it's still not enough to keep fun games active.
Kinda off-topic but I'm reminded of Guns of Icarus Online.
It already takes long enough to fill a match and now they are making DLC that either fractures the community further or just flops.
What a mess.

Sounds like halfchan to me

Touhou is good but threads are always derailing into waifuism.

Wont deny that, but these threads always devolve into either that or halfcuck tier meta autism.

you sound like underage to me

Considering BLC is pretty much 100% dead I don't think it will be much of a competitor, plus I don't think I've ever seen a single person say they liked post-talismans BLC better than pre-talismans so since Battlerite is essentially just a rollback there's no one who still plays BLC that wouldn't switch over. They'd have to really fuck up the game with all the other minor shit they're changing to end up in competition with current BLC for players.

Ok?

No idea. As I said, the beta is over.

Well Bakko is technically a tank, although frontline would probably be a better term. Having a huge shield doesn't stop him from completely ravaging your support's ass.

I just don't think splatoon is a interesting game.

You might think it's shallow gameplay, that's your opinion, I don't mind that, but others don't.

Only ARTS/ASSFAGGOTS/MOBA I have played is Dota 2 and there the way they monetize the game is purely cosmetic skins with no impact on gameplay. You don't have to pay a cent to enjoy the game more then someone else, these skins don't give you +20% damage on meat hook.
That's your opinion, you don't have to watch it.
The gameplay in Dota is anything but shallow. If your line of sight is so small to not see how deep it can go and what insane strategies players have done, that's your own fault.

Well, early access for Battlerite is unlocked in 2 hours, so I hope don't have to give 20 goybucks to them to play. Game launches on a screen that says the servers are down and my version is outdated.

He was like the only person I played during the beta. He wasn't one of my top three tanks from BLC though and purple/blue wuju man who was was changed so much as to not feel the same at all. No guardian no buy.

that fucking ID

Why do you keep trying to force this fake newfag meme

(You)

Sometimes I can't tell if some of these are just jokes or actual newscum.

I'm sorry, it's either 20 goybucks now, or wait until it goes f2p early 2017. I wanted to wait myself, but then they announced that if you buy the early access you unlock all current and future champions forever, so now I'm on the fence.

I only played BLC briefly, but Inhibitor was my favorite hero. I agree that the "blue and purple man" doesn't do it justice, but I already found other favorites in Battlerite so whatever.

That logo just screams GENERIC or "I'M SUCH A GENERIC GAME, PLEASE BY ALL MEANS DO NOT BUY ME".

Yeah but I still have it in my library, if they wanted to not have me play the game anymore they would have deactivated the beta version of Battlerite earlier. It's easier to just rename it and release a update for "Battlerite Beta" rather then to release a new build on steam.
It clearly registers the Early Access servers, because it tells me this on boot up.

Neither do I, but the dumb Nintentoddlers who bought a WiiU have to attach themselves to something, right?
Still miles ahead of actual gameplay and strategy than any ASSFAGGOTS.

I guess this point is more fitting for CRAPCUNTS

No, its a cancer on which the devs will base themselves over the balance and the content you will see ingame.

Next youll tell me Call of Duty and modern Battlefield are deep.

It isn't about how many abilities you have, it's about how you can master those 4 abilities in conjunction with up to 6 active items. Not to mention that many heroes in Dota have more then 4 abilities and more then 1 unit then their hero.

You're just a retard that took some opinions off of Holla Forums and has never played an ASSFAGGOTS, or you got fucked in a pub match and got mad and now spout your simplistic opinions of "waah skins waah 4 abilities" on Holla Forums.

I played it on the beta. It actually skips the annoying first 20 minutes or so of ASSFAGGOTS where you are grinding and goes straight into the teamfight part of the game, so that is actually good. The shit part is the fact that that is all that is there to it. The other parts of ASSFAGGOTS that make it fun lategame like rotations, careful and surprise rotations, picking off foes and taking map objectives aren't there.

Basically it just takes one part of ASSFAGGOTS. Still needs to be a genre that dies already.

This game is alrite.

but not really

Fucking retard, you could at least talk about the importance of localization of the special snowflakes in the map so that you can press an input other than RMB at the right time, which in no way gives strategic value to a game heavily dependent on team input but no voice chat.

ASSFAGGOTS are grindy boring garbage.
Go play a good game

You're talking about League, I don't play League and never have, Dota 2 has built in voice chat.

How about you play and get moderately good at Dota first, then form your opinions instead of just reinterpreting someone elses?

Not sure why we compare it with ASSFAGGOTS when there are more similar custom maps to compare it to.

Good joke

I have, after being pestered by my normalfag friends to play this garbage 24/7, I played 2 months of this fucking trash besides the garbage that was MagicWoW (and WoW in general) for 1 month right before it.

ASSFAGGOTS are stat, cooldown, grind heavy bullshit with no personal loot or exploration and barely any complexity other than finding the right build/hero and they need to die.
Get this fucking cancer out of here

I played too much and I gotta agree.
The most fun is developing new strategies as the meta changes.
Too bad there's barely any new heroes or major changes and the pro scene is so big they dictate the new meta after 1 week.
That's why playing HoN was so much more fun.

I hate to say it, but you're in the right here. I played Dota for 4 fucking years before I stopped drinking the Kool-Aid. Just because the game fifty bajillion possible combinations of items and heroes and leveling orders doesn't mean it's deep and complex when some dumbass Perushit with 200 ping can kick your ass with one of the 30 heroes with five different get out of jail free cards in addition to the ones you can get off of items, or come with ten million free DPS justified by RNG procs that can just build full tank and not give a shit because even if you lose the early game, it's okay, you can win one teamfight and the game nullifies the entire advantage you've earned.

Not to mention the mindset of "you hate the game == you must be bad" is actually the dumbest thing ever. If it's not fun, it's not fun. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that shitty patches can slowly ruin any semblance of fun a game had over time, or that you can get sick of a game once you find out what playing it well entails. Fuck that.

When did you play it? Source (and Source 2, which D2 runs on) got a audio codec update recently and now has pretty damn good voice.

Most abilities in dota have under 20 second cooldowns, this is a massive difference between Dota and League as in League most abilities are spammy, while in Dota if you use your ability you better use it wisely in a teamfight because you can't use it for another 10-15 seconds.
what's wrong with that
that's absolutely wrong, the game goes as fast as you want it to go. If you want to farm to level 6 and use a bunch of summoned units to rape towers or be hyper-agressive on lane constantly attacking your enemy and going for kills, that's your choice. You can be passive and play slow or be aggro and attack near constantly.
Dota is a challenge if you play against another good team with a good team. There's multiple layers of complexity like creep pulling in lanes, lane equilibrium, harrassing, ganks, warding, proper usage of your abilities and items in conjunction with the abilities and items your team uses (for example gathering everyone on the enemy team together as Magnus, then using Sven to stun all of them together, a rather simple combo), tower pushes with your teams, zoning out the enemy players on lane to secure exp for yourself, smoke ganks, taking Roshan correctly without getting killed or stolen. Go play a pug and get a coordinated team you antisocial fuck. 2 months is not a long time, give me an actual number of hours rather then just "2 months".

If you hate the game enough to play badly, stop playing.

ebin
Does anyone even play the fucking game anymore?

I don't know.
I haven't played assfaggots in a long time.

I played about 6 matches of it.
Couldn't stand the no turnspeed, strange items and way too fast TTK, although I can understand that some may like that.
I got my ass fucked big league.

I actually preferred the combination of fast turnrate and high amount fast skillshots.
There was a lot more room to fumble and which created those special moments where you pass right through a storm of enemy spells.

well i think it's a step in the right direction
i'd be playing league of butthomos if it wasn't for the 15 minute grind every game

2 hours a day?
Yes it is
EDF and Planteside 2 are just as grimdy and autistic as this yet manage to stay fun.
Fuck this trash, wasted enough of my life playing it as it is.
How about you start doing the same you goddamned retard?
These games are nothing but shitty flashy timesinks so that you buy more skins.

Could be good.

2 times 60 is 120.
No, it's not.
You are simply bad at Dota 2. The point at which I considered myself "decent" was at 500 hours, even then I can fuck up proper ability usage.

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

It's not wasted if I enjoyed it.

Plus I didn't play 500 hours.

700 HOURS

And you could've gotten a girlfriend

It is you who is the object of ridicule.

You could burst the shit out of people in BLC with ranid by hitting all your abilities, but here, it'll just leave you twiddling your thumbs without that much of a payoff. Maybe they just nerfed ranid/croak really hard by removing the blind and the enormous burst from hitting darts+bomb, or maybe I'm shit. Feels bad either way.

I enjoy getting better at a single video game and
what the fuck does that even mean

Anime is rather homosexual but that is a very cute girl.
I have never watched anime tbh aside from cartoon network and nickelodeon shit when I was a kid, what should I watch so I can fit in with Holla Forums

I played 1500 hours minimum of SC2 (WoL and HotS) and i had fun in most of them

That's exactly what I did user. I know how the game works. I knew how to zone and properly pull and ward as support, I knew how to farm efficiently as carry, I knew how to stage ganks. I made friends with lots of other people who played the game and coordinated with them. I was always theorycrafting and figuring out stats and comparing guide builds with custom builds to optimize my game against certain team comps. There's a lot of cool stuff you can do in the game, don't get me wrong. The game was cool at one point.

The thing is, there are games that require teamwork, and games that absolutely, 100% require you be on the same page 24/7 and if you're not you just lose instantly. Dota used to be the former, now there's absolutely zero room for mistakes. The economic rubber band is so tight that early game is now extremely unreliable unless you're a snowballing semicarry like Slark, Jugg, or PA. Games just don't end before 30 minutes unless you NEVER fuck up and feed a kill once you have an advantage. I don't mind working together with dudes. What I do hate is having to be a leader in a video game. In real life, fine, you can get cool shit done when you lead. When I play a video game, I don't want to have to boss people around to make sure they don't rush 30-minute battlefuries on PA or run into the enemy jungle solo as a Pudge. I don't like having to play extremely passive even in early push strats for the same reason. You give that enemy Slark an inch and he takes a mile. Nowhere is safe anymore once he eats up two 700 gold memebacks and finishes his silver edge. You're the only one who's gonna buy sentries, even if you have supports. You can't even tell Peru IN SPANISH to buy wards. They will refuse.

You can win, but every moment of it is excruciating. You're running against the wind at all times no matter what you do, even early game. Comebacks aren't earned, they're given like Halloween candy. Dota is a shell of what it used to be.

The big advantage of Smite is how everyone can move more efficiently. Kiting in there is quite important.

I really enjoyed the look of the classes in Bloodline. And it was even better because every class had male and female avatars, so, you could choose whatever you wanted.

Not bad.

that looks surprisingly good. Not the art style, they could've done something else than generic blizzard/lol art but the concept's good

Nevermind, it's almost 20€ for a repetitive arpg arena that isnt even finished yet

I mean I'd have expected that kind of game to be 10 or lower

It will be f2p once it releases.

Preach it fam
Early Dota 2, before it getting popular, were some of the most fun I've had in a multiplayer game

Now it's just trash

That's such a fucking retarded business practice

Huh.
You raise a lot of good points. I kinda hate the new comeback mechanics with the enemy laner and hell their entire team getting insane gold and exp boosts for you KILLING them. I think a 2 bb limit might help this. Looking at CS:GO this game has a lot of baffling design decisions like the stupid random crits. I quit d2 a while ago because I got a bit bored.
In CS:GO for example the enemy team can afford a full buy for 3 rounds but if you can forcebuy a SMG, shotgun or eco-rifle you can still kill the enemy team, get rifles for 4/3 players and AWPs for 1/2 players. The only limit is how well you can time a rush, flash, smoke and how good you play. You can get on even standing with the enemy team in a single round and reset your standings. The average fullbuy (M4/AK, deagle/p250/tec9/five seven, 2 flashes, smoke, grenade, kevlar+helmet) costs almost 6000 with a max money of 16000, so they can only buy twice and be completely out of money after 3 losses. One round can make a massive difference and give the enemy team a 5000 kit for 2.5k.
Granted, CS:GO also has it's flaws with the overpowered 1 hit headshot pistols for 500 dollars, with incredibly high running accuracy, damage and low price. SMGs are worthless now unless you are farming money because if you are even halfdecent a pistol can 1 hit HS while a SMG cannot.

Isn't this bloodline champions?

Some chinks took over that game and this is a spiritual successor to that.

For those who was wondering the game uses the Overwatch payment model where you get chests from playing the game and leveling up and doing daily quests but you can also buy them with real money. Those chests can give you skins and different looks on your weapon and such but nothing that affects gameplay. If you get more than 1 of the same item you get the battlerite version of dust or gold that you can buy the items you dont have with

TF2 had some pretty dumb design decisions in retrospect too, even with the pre-f2p game when I played it. What I've noticed with Valve is that they tend to encourage defensive play really, really hard over anything else. Engineers have always been obnoxious and are half the reason Ubercharge (i.e. literal invincibility, charged up like a fighting game super move by the Medic class) even had to exist. Demomen with their remote mines ("stickies") were capable of demolishing whole teams in chokepoint, which is cool, but there was extremely little risk for doing so. Creating aggression on everything but 5CP (KotH wasn't added until later) was also largely the responsibility of the Engineer, since offensive respawn walks were obscenely long, and most significant mobility tools outside of the scout being the embodiment of fast required you to self-injure, meaning you'd outpace the medics and not have a way to restore your health without finding a medkit, which wasn't always an option.

After free to play for TF2 (and after memeback for Dota 2), the balance cycle usually went like this. Add crazy changes, nerf anything that was god-tier into complete uselessness while keeping everyone's defensive/mobility potential intact, add in a crazy gimmick change that ends up either being meaningless or snapping the game in half, and then leaving it to stagnate for 9 months. Over time you get this defense inflation where nothing strictly does less damage, but everything becomes so safe that there's no point in being aggressive outside of extremely coordinated competitive environments. You get all these characters who can weasel their way out of anything (dead ringer Spy, Slark, Windranger, PL, blink dagger, glimmer cape) and all these other characters/weapons that thrive just by being The Blob from the X-Men (Sandvich Heavy at one point, Wrangler Engineer at one point, Demoknight, Legion Commander, tranquil boots/infused raindrops/pre-nerf bloodstone and octarine, 6.83 SnY+Skadi+MoM meta). I'd even be okay with "everything is glass cannon" over this, and so I just got sick of Valve and looked elsewhere.

Yeah I got a few hours on TF2.

Personally I cannot stand a lot of the weapons in the game, shit like the Ambassador, heavy being completely useless now aside from pubstomping (lel let's add a 1 second windup for damage meaning you will only deal half of your DPS at point blank (250 instead of 500) so you cannot play aggro and jump corners), dead ringer, the entirety of the balanced class that is Demoman (lel lets just remove that nerf meant to counter stickyspamming because all the demo mains cried) and all the comp pandering they have done recently.

It's pretty fucking sad tbh.

You're trying too hard user you're sounding like an even bigger shill than OP settle down.

Remember if you just ignore cancer it'll just go away, it worked so well for halfchan and look where most people ended up after the 2nd exodus.

The biggest irony is that if they just left both of those games in their initial states balance-wise, only dummying out extreme imbalance (e.g. TI2-era Lycan) without throwing out 10 babies every time they emptied the bathwater, their games would be okay. Not great, but better than they are in their current state.

Anything that has mainly (read: all of the main characters) little girls as all the crew

Non Non Biyori
Natsu-iro Kiseki
Shirobako
Tari Tari
Shinryaku! Ika Musume
Himegoto
Mitsudomoe
K-On!
New Game!

In no specific order

Chances of you becoming a lolicon hentai though after all this is 99%

Much appreciated, my fellow autistic.

I'm not autistic

I'm a married man

Legally waifus are not considered marriage.

I have a 3d human flesh wife

That show had girls?

End yourself

shhhhh

Even worse.

There is good anime and then there's all this crap.

Thanks, added

Even bigger waste of time

Normalfag please

You're still a fucking casual, I only needed 50 to get good at Unreal Tournamment and Non SupCom RTS.

Goddamn, you really dont belong here

Yeah, these Destiny, Overwatch, Fallout 4, Mobile and ASSFAGGOTS generals with people bitching about anything said against said games are totally healthy, just stay open minded bro.

You could have played an actually good RTS you fucking pleb.

ARTS is not ego/arena shooter

It's seven buttons, plus two variant moves so functionally 9. Which is unfortunately 5 more buttons than the general gaming audience can handle.

how many of these fucking retards have ever played a moba for over 150 hours and have even moderate experience in them?

Have you ever played an RTS user?

Used to play Age of Empires 2 back in 2006 and 7.

Go play Supreme Commander, World in Conflict and C&C Generals/Red Alert 2

no thanks

The game looks a helluva lot like Bloodline Champions. That game was fun, but had no replayability, and the community quickly died because of that

Same devs.

what the fugg

It's going to be free to play? Contain your goyism and just fucking wait till it's free

We're reaching cancer levels that shouldn't be possible.

is this really a good idea? is this just an early access price tag that will go away after its released? i really enjoyed bloodline champions when it was a free beta but i didnt feel like dropping money on a multiplayer only game that wouldnt have custom maps and such. custom maps tend to be what keep me around in games. even if theyre shitty theyre something new and will 'refresh' me for the official maps.

interesting how a game like bloodline champions is more of a battle arena than mobas are.

why do you say things that you know will hurt others?

I couldn't contain it.

Yes.

well thats cool, are there any lolis?

Its an ASSFAGGOTS thread
These shit threads are starting to become more and more frequent though.

There's a couple young, anime-ish girls which are my least favorite redesigns but the only one close to a loli is Pearl who I'm honestly not even sure is a girl.

Hmm, so far there's only Pearl, an extremely bratty water mage loli. From what I can tell, she likes gigantic sea creatures and merciless banter.

Thanks you user. I always wonder why are Dota are so shallow.

oh wait, this is bloodline champions. so whats changed from the original?

All in all it's basically just pre-talismans BLC with some number squishing and a few weird gimmicks from HotS that are just kinda there for no real reason and don't significantly change play.

Mounts seem to be in mostly for customization and milking that skin money from casuals, thought one character uses mount on her ultimate ability.

Also generally game is way dumbed down compared to BLC. Kits are much simpler and status effects have been brought to line.

Combo classes and tanks are done, most melees are now about stacking some kind of resource stack and detonating it with m2. Every melee is given mobilitymove, trance, some defense and that its, no more cool and unique melees for now.

Also healing classes have been homogenized. Generally battlerite is like blc but with simpler and slower gameplay.

also, the ravener no longer spins. fucking ruined.

is that the hammer chick who could deflect projectiles?

yeah, they replaced the projectile deflect spin with an ability that pulls enemies in and gives you a shield when hit with melee or ranged

I'm gonna tell it to ya straight chaps I'm absolute ass at RTS games.

I always got fucked by bots in 30 minutes in all the RTS games I ever played.

I thought it died because the devs took a half-year vacation right after completely fucking the balance.

Game died because it was way too hard to get into for your normal casual player, the skillcap was really high for such arena based multiplayer game.

Final nail for the bloodline champions coffin was introduction of grindable stats in forms of gems and traits. At that point only audience game had was old refugees from butchered wow arena pvp and from various other hc pvp games.

Pushing such shitty mandatory grind for arena based pvp game was enough to piss of most of the dedicated playerbase.

bloodline champions

RTS games are also notorious for being one of the hardest games to program AI for that doesn't cheat simply because of the number of potential actions they have to consider at any given moment, even if you immediately rule out suicidal or bad ones. So a lot of times, they do cheat. If you're getting your ass kicked by Starcraft 1 bots for instance, they do spawn free units occasionally so you can't outmuscle them the same way you could another human.

You forgot the greatest anime of them all user.

interesting to see ai war embrace that and design the entire game around cheating ai

Filling this place up with a bit of .webms.

First one was pretty low res– i realized after i destroyed the clip that 8ch has a bigger file size limit than cuckchan.

Im truly in love with this game.

This looks so boring.

Huh, that big guy wasn't in the beta from a few days ago.

He was added with the Early Access patch. A very fast and brutal character with charges, boulder tossing, and he even has a meat club he can snack on for a quick HP boost.

I've been playing for 12 hours straight. Send help.

honestly fammo a nigga laff ey time i hear it tbh monica

BLC seem lyk it was dead wen ya boi tryna get into it shit ~year+1/2 ago or sumn fam u sayin dis gon b similar or sumn after dey sold da original IP or sumn?

so dey re-usin da heroes or w/e from blc?

looks like it, with some changes here and there for better or for worse. id love to try it out but i dont feel like dropping 20 dollars on an early access game that might die out in a few months

fuck off Mark with your shit taste.

this looks like League

jesus christ 2017 is gonna be fucking dire for video games, isn't it?

torchlight, lol, dota. i wonder if imitating those art styles will actually draw in fans of said games.

Lets hope so. Genre is such niche and gameplay is bit too hard for most casuals to even try getting into it, getting people to try it even on the expense of artstyle is acceptable for me at this point. Core gameplay and mechanics are still good enough, not as good as blc but still better than anything else on the market really.

It's bloodline champions, but plays worse and looks worse.

Honestly anyone considering this game should go try out Bloodline Champions, it's free to play. God knows it could use the extra players after being gimped and left to die.

In Torchlight's defense, it was released exactly the same day as LoL, but its artstyle was only carbon copied years after that. And Doto 1 didn't even look like this; it was like WoW (duh), but even darker.

Thank you an0n, I needed a good laugh

2Hu is shit only liked and played by shit

Why would you do that?

Honestly I love that sort of design philosophy.

One thing I've liked like that in some recent video games is where you have a health meter, but dying has a different consequence than instantly losing. Still detrimental, but not run-ending.

I swear they nerfed Taya's boomerangs between beta and early access. I thought she fired them as normal projectiles that returned, now she just throws out one at a time and can't fire another until it returns. I'm so confused, are there patch notes?

It only works like that during her ultimate.

Battlerite WILL be Free To Play.

If you buy it during their Early Access stage, or "Founders" stage, you get a Title, an Avatar, and ALL champions, (including future ones) for free.

Otherwise, you're gonna get grindan.