Cossacks thread

Releases in 4 hours anyone know if Denuvo?

GSC needs to work on their advertising i haven't seen shit from them at all, and theres no price on the store (forums said 20 freedoms but thats like 30 dollary doos here)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestar.de/spiele/cossacks-3/test/cossacks_3,52286,3302853.html
gry-online.pl/S020.asp?ID=11536
mega.nz/#!nI0GhAYT!7Fh8v2I1h60RlIfbtDb8mnMph6mXOdvZKIGwUV-EVeM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why does it look so ugly?

I think it looks alright, it could be worse like over using bloom or chromatic aberration or over saturated colours, i imagine they had to cut some graphics for performance however

I guarantee it will still melt your processor. Even the old 2D sprite Cossack games will overheat your shit with reckless abandon despite running at 60fps.

3D

What?

Awesome

This better have lan support.

I hope they fixed the unit/building scaling. It rustles my autism to see examples of fucked up scales like in first picture of OP's post. Just look at that fucking priest in red robes next to what looks to be a church.

Shame they're saving up quite a lot of the factions for DLC

Daily reminder faggots that if this game will be a financial success fr the company we might, just might have a slight chance for STALKER 2

I have absolutely no expectations right now.
I've already dealt with there being no more good games ever game.

I think its kinda justified right now
I mean RTS market is kinda niche market so if the want to make profit and dont loose money on making a game they must resort to this kind of scummy tactic.

You're wishing upon a Monkeys Paw user.
GSC no longer has the talent that made the games possible and S.T.A.L
K.E.R 2 was to be dumbed down and put on consoles which Im certain will happen if they make a sequel.
Let the franchise die in peace, the community is still going strong after 10 years.

2 hours left

Well i still have at least a small bit of hope left, maybe it wont be that bad

I'd rather invoke the monkey's Paw, a shit new Stalker game won't make the good ones somehow bad.

AAA NUUUUU
dont get your hopes up. even if they do it there is no guarantee it will be good. most of the poeple that worked on stalker arent working there anymore.

You're knocking at the wrong door

No, but it will attract a shitton of people with no standarts (especially if on consoles), tarnish its name and drive a shitton of the community out, including modders.

Has this happened before, the Tes modding community is still going strong last I checked.

No, its slowly crumbling

Crysis

It's dying, lad.

How is that a good thing?

Half of those things are circumvent able or stopped happening thanks to community backlash, I'd risk it, and GSC Game world isn't run by a literal hive of jews who's specialties are law, it's an independent game development studio in eastern europe, Witcher 3 is the closest comparison, I'd still take it.

Is this even true between Skyrim and Fallout 4, I can understand some of the limitations in Skyrim thanks to third party tools and licences for those tools becoming an issue.

They've made a buttload of good mods

that still hurts after all these years.
polite sage for offtopic.

Yeah like 10 years ago

I get the feeling this a scam.

are you for real? also there are already some gameplay videos out and it looks pretty good.

some gameplay now

1 HOUR

Almost there

I wasn't aware this series had fans. I keep getting these games in indie bundles.

Then you are clearly not from, eastern Europe
Cossacks were a major hit in the slavlands in early '00

So it is exactly like the first cossacks (including the models), just 3d?

Pretty much

Oh shit, I remember playing this as a kid. I never realised they'd be the ones that made cheeki breeki.

I'm still hyped for it even though it's a remake. I bought the anthology a few years ago but if I'm gonna play it, might as well play the best version.

What sort of logic is that?

Yeah, they made some pretty devent games back then.
Not sure they can still make them

I enjoyed cossacks a lot back in the days, so likely going to buy it after pirating it to test. Thanks for reminding me.

So should I play the old Cossacks games?

Go for it

Found this on 4 Holla Forums

gamestar.de/spiele/cossacks-3/test/cossacks_3,52286,3302853.html

gry-online.pl/S020.asp?ID=11536

Sounds like Cossacks 2/Stronghold 3 all over again, now with even less new ideas!

Guess they lost the magic Slav touch.

It was also posted on the steam discussions.

Well, it was a nice 20 minute period between realising this was being released and knowing it was a fraud.

God I love the Internet

From the polish side
+Nice old school graphic
+5 historical campaigns
+touches the nostalgic feel
+unique time period not popular in vidya
+Good sound effects/music
+Modding support
-AI is shit
-Its only a remake of first Cossacks
-No "modernization" of game, lots of old bugs from the first one
-to much micro
-Artificial difficulty level
-Battles are chaotic and unreadable

What a fucking shame, i had my hopes high for this one

Sounds like a game i'm avoiding. Good riddance, S.T.A.L.K.E.R was full of broken promises and yet most people ate that up.

Fuck, I just remember this and then this happens.

CAPTCHA was 'fwj kms'

True, but it still managed to impress and be a good game.

Yeah, I wasnt expecting much else
Hopefully S.T.A.L.K.E.R remains untouched.

So these stupid fucks went through all this trouble and couldn't be bothered to make the game playable or even fun to play?

Its Cossacks you fucking nigger of course its fun, the fact is that this is nothing but the original with touched up graphics and DLC.
You could just get the original and be done with.

Guess I'll just keep playing Art of War.

Fucking shame.

What a shame, I like my Cossacks fantasy-themed with underlying tones of sci-fi.

might still try it
I don't remember the old games as fondly as a lot of you make it out to be.
Cossacks was always messy, pathing was shit , construction was worse than AoE and AI was braindead.
People still liked that game.

DROPPED HARD

EVERYTIME

It's literally the same game 16 years later tbh
Not RTSfag's fault that developers are shit now

New Cossacks game?! Why the peasants didn't inform me!

if they changed a bunch of shit people would be mad as well

Nah.

That's the horrible thing…
I watched some of that LP autist's video (of the tutorial…) and they have changed things, but only things that make it worse:

1. UI is an awful mix of old cossacks and nu modernist rome 2 black boxes with rounded edges

2. SELECTED BUILDINGS HAVE YELLOW UNDERGLOW LIKE A NIGGER'S PIMPED OUT CAR

3. Also the needless and wierd decision to lock off some parts of the game behind "preorder but not" conditions

There's probably much more but I was too disgusted to watch more

No wonder you'rr defending mediocre devs with that much shit taste.

I wonder what happened to the music.
Cossacks and American Conquest had some nice tracks.

Now that's a minor complaint if I've seen any.

Watch the video… It's not minor, it's a giant fucked up eyesore that further ruins what little aesthetic the game had going for it.

that's not how it works

I'm watching another video of it, which is in Russian. So far, I see no problems but that can be just me not playing the game in a while plus a certain blindness due to nostalgia.

its probably the fact that you actually want to play the game as opposed to salt miners

Trolling is about catching big with little bait not the other way around.

I told you faggots that Sergei will fuck it up. I wish I was wrong.

Imma still try it out, cuckchan and journos shouldnt influence your opinion.

I thought the same. I'll pirate to try it out.

Even if it's bad, at least it will spark some interest in the older games.

I hope they fix some of the bugs and balancing issues.

Ok so which cossacks is the best ? This made me want to replay it but I've only ever played Back To War.

cossacks 3 :^)

Will this game recreate the feeling I got when playing the Ukraine Campaign as a kid?

For maximum comfy, I only wish that there would be no time limit on the first mission and you had to slowly but steadily reclaim your lost land, build it up again. And you would need it because of the ressources, all while getting attacked by waves of enemies.

The fuck are you talking about Cossacks was a really good looking game. It and Sudden Strike are the two RTSs I remember being impressed with graphics wise.

it's like these motherfuckers want their methods to be questioned. After that much shit on their face there's no way he could do fucking anything except maybe flail around blind a little bit and even that would stop in a few seconds. just belt the spray and go put cuffs on that motherfucker but no he had to fucking whip him by the hair on camera so that every motherfucker can yell POLISE BRUTALITEH

Sudden Strike was an RTT though.

For me it lasted all of 40 seconds, consider yourself privileged.

Based slavs rite fuckois? ;%)

Here's the original games, link from the share threads

mega.nz/#!nI0GhAYT!7Fh8v2I1h60RlIfbtDb8mnMph6mXOdvZKIGwUV-EVeM

I want to fuck you so bad and FUCK the smugness out of you.

Thanks, comrade..

ok

Europe was so jealous of Bioshock Remastered being a turd that didn't fix anything with shit options they made a remastered turd of their own. That's hilarious.

I bought and refunded it, it's an ultimate shitpile, aside from the horrendous aesthetics and clashing (no comfy cossacks 1, main menu looks more like orcs must die and the gameplay like warcraft 2).

The multiplayer didn't work but if it did, it would be pointless anyway because the drunken and/or held-at-gunpoint-by-the-ukrainian-mafia fucks left in what I can only assume are dev or editor tools -
You can copy and paste ANY group of units at ANY time in ANY game mode

I guess GSC must have drunk themselves into retardation somewhere in the past decade and a half…

You godless hippie

Now that's a historic release.

So is shit or not? Are any of the bugs fixable that will be patched up along with multiplayer?

Maybe but probably not considering that all of the bugs that were in the original remain and were also never fixed in the original despite ~3 expansion packs, a 3-game spinoff series (American Conquest;FB;DN) and a sequel (C2).

There are some nice minor changes like showing how many gatherers for each resource you have ala C2 but for the most part it's literally identical to c1 except worse looking

It's shit and probably will remain shit but it's worth keeping an eye on in case GSC does manage to repair their colons.

I was actually pretty hyped. Seems they only redid the graphics and didn't remake the game. What a shame, I'll just install the anthology. I actually prefer the old graphics, they have a nice aesthetic to them.

Is it worth $20? I'd normally look to muh torrents but considering it's GSC I'm more than happy to support them.

Id say 10 to 15

I pirated it to try it out, it's a remake of the first one, I'm not sure why I was expecting something entirely new, all they did was redo the graphics, the bugs that were in the original are still in this game is what I've read. If you prefer the original graphics aesthetics, just stick with that.

I'm sure they'll patch the game and add stuff to it but I don't think they'll redo the AI.

Is right, not worth $20.

They're adding multiplayer within a few days, they posted an update on the steam page saying they're fixing some of the problems you guys are talking about, don't give up on it yet

If it isnt half assed maybe its worth the 20 bill

I'm gonna play my pirated copy for now and hopefully they make a decent AI and add more to it.

Funds must have been limited for them to remake the first one instead of making a whole new game because I'd rather just play the first one.

The people who made STALKER aren't there anymore
Sergei got rid of them after STALKER got it's cult following

Yeah, he should just gently walk up to the animal and risk being bitten or hit when the idiot starts rampaging. Those animals are dangerous, they are 13% of the population yet produce ~50% of violent crimes.

Into the trash it goes.

They can kiss my butt and right in the middle if they think I would even pirate something that's on Steam.

w e w.
Not looking good so far.
The AI's fucking retarded when it comes to islands or maps with rivers dividing you and the AI.
I'll play a few more matches and ramp up the difficulty to see if the AI acts less brain-damaged as you ramp it up.

Not really. He does not have Update 1, 2 or 3 installed, they fix the copy paste bug.

On a related note: Why have 12 different Nations when they all play the same and do not even have historical accurate uniforms?

Bugs:
- you can copy and paste units with ctrl+c and ctrl+v
- P gives spawn menu for buildings
- song/music tracks are played together, having for example two songs playing at the same time
- soundeffects of buildings stack and reoccur with multiple clicks on them
- group command sometimes doesnt work
- ferry disembark for units doesnt work properly
- Unit selection is bugged ("My box to select units has stopped working and I can't select the troops I just recruited")
- Mouse capture is possible but the window doesn't capture it fully so it still gets out of the window and flashes back
- You can change nation by using numblock even in campaign playing the enemy
- Development Tools like animation Preview or Triggereditor are still activated in skirmish mode
- sometimes units don't wont repair buildings
- worker animations sometimes are buggy (worker lifting a pushcart full with rocks up in the air when dying)
- ships will block each other and become "wedged"
- units still may shoot through walls
- fishing ships wont move when they are spawned, other units wont be build unless you move them out of the way (which you cant)
- fish boats cant be build in ukraine campaign
- Frigate have weird sails movement. When moving it keeps resetting the animation.
- using 2160p(4k) as resolution causes that you can't click any button. Restart to and using 1440p works. Changing the resolution to 4k in-game causes the same "not clickable" problem (maybe fullscreen bug).
- Black screen when lauching the game
-When I try to move the camera, the right and the bottmon edges respond with a lag after some twitching on the edge or don't respond at all.
- moving the camera sometimes keeps it moving into the direction for a split second, even after releasing the key. Other case: press left, release left, press down and the camera move to the down-left direction.
- Cannons/Bombards seem to not apply damage all the time against sturctures (original post: 8 bombards firing away at full game speed at a ottoman gate. After 15 minutes of constant bombarding from 8 bombards, the gate had not even lost half it's health.)
- can't place building on any random generated quick game, doesn't turn from red to blue
- The function of the task bar lays above the game. Clicking something in the game, which lays above the bar will minimize the game and open the app from the task bar. (fullscreen)
- building walls lets you show citiziens where to build them, but doesnt let them actually build keeps the mouse stuck. It's stuck to the build-command. But once getting out of the build-command you cannot select any units by dragging the mouse.
- When you built walls behind palissades and you want to suppress palissades, it also destroys the walls.

Crash:
- Game crashed under heavy load (10k units on a map)
- Access violation at address FD60FC88. Read of address 00000010
- Game crashed when changing windowed-mode ingame
- alt+tab can cause crashes
- building stone gates may cause crashes
- game crashes and a window - access violation at address 68BE0E03 in module ig7icd32.dll. Read of address 00000008 - opens
- exiting to main menu from either a campaign or random map game, the game freezes and the error is shown:
Access violation at address 5A6D257A in module 'atioglxx.dll'. Write of address 2167A80C
- Access violation at address 004F2DFB in module 'cossacks.exe'. Read of address 00000030 (stone gate)
- Building palisades causes the game to freeze momentarily as if it is going to crash but isnt completely crashing
- Quitting out of a skirmish or "Random Map" game, an error message pops up. After clicking "Ok." the main menu is no longer functioning; I cant click any of the buttons including "Quit Game". So, i have to Alt-F4 out.

Problems:
- units behind buildings arent visible anymore and so hidden behind those (they should be visible through buildings)
- no "free" camera (no rotation)
- units seem to be not balanced, also some have quite large buildtimes
- no hotkeys for several functions, like researching
- unit selection only on screen (doesnt scroll)
- didn't find a button to always show units and buildings HealthPoints
- no statistics during and after the game
- the early bird pack is not being given to those that buy the deluxe version of the game.

Oh well, they seem like quite minor problems that can easily be addressed. You have convinced me to wait a few weeks before I buy this though.

Maybe you should email this list of problems to the developer, it's quite detailed, I'm sure they would appreciate it.

I don't know if this is even the plot of those books, but I do find it extremely amusing and intriguing nevertheless.

Maybe that's it. Honestly I found it mediocre at best/worse, and ultimate shitpile just seems like melodramatic Holla Forumsvhine.

Laziness? I mean even if they did use the same tactics they could at least look different, right?

That sounds mostly like minor stuff that should be easily fixed. Seriously, why didnt they just wait a week to fix the realy obvious shit before release? do they not have playtesters? why didnt they do an open beta then? seriously what the fuck.

Gonna wait a week and hten probably get it.

TORRENT
8f17541dd4dbc62e249aa86cd3649c4bbc1d0103
Bittersweet though, as it seems the game is a wee bit shite.

pc gaming in a nutshell everyone

abandon hope & taste all ye who enter

Back to playing Forged Alliance…

HEY WAIT A SECOND

THAT ONE FUCKING OFFICER THERE!

I KNOW HIM FROM SOMEWHERE; I REMEMBER HIS FACE!

THAT OFFICER WITH NO HAIR

I SAW HIM AT THE SANDY HOOK HAPPENING

THATS A FUCKING CRYSIS ARTIST

very true

And it came to pass that, while the new Cossacks did not use Denuvo, it instead used an even more effective anti-piracy measure: it was shit.

in the end age of empires 2 ended up being the better lasting franchise

I guess they were serious when they said they were going for a clone of the original. I didn't know they were going to clone the bugs.

They should have made a sequel instead of remaking it. I'd rather play the original it's much faster and it's aesthetics are nicer.

Strange, I never had that issue, even with 4x Map size, from old work PCs to my modern gaming rigs.