Persona 2 Fan Translation

I've seen a few different english fan-translated roms of this game floating around. Has anyone played any of them, which are the best translations?

Wait what? I thought there was only one fan translation, done by Tom and Gemini?

Is there a translation for the PSP remake already?

There's an official translation, which is alright but has some stylistic choices I don't like, such as calling the Masquerade the Masked Circle, which is probably more literally correct but less thematically appropriate and less interesting.

The old PSX fan translation is pretty good. So just pick whichever one. Eternal Punishment PSP's fan translation hasn't been released yet, and it doesn't even really need to exist, the PSX translation of Eternal Punishment is excellent.

Oh he was talking about the psx and psp version, completely forgot about the psp. And you're forgetting that there is, at least one reason, why that translation needs to exist; the special scenario with Tatsuya, that exists only in the psp version. As far as we know, that will be the only true "persona 3" we will ever get.

I vote for the fan translated, I saw some of the PSP version…yeah Tom did overall a better job. However, it's hard to just ignore the improvements of the PSP version, so…take your poison.

never ever

I'm inclined to agree save for one spectacular annoyance: the characters who cameo from P1 have their names and backstories from the AMERICA AS FUCK translation of P1

Where are those from? Edit? beta test?

edited screencaps from the Tatsuya scenario

I take it the fan translation for EP PSP still isn't out?

Continuity breh.

I see…damn. Can't wait to play that scenario and pretend it's persona 3. And then get in depression, since it's unlikely that Satoshi will ever work in series again.

No, I don't even know if the people working on that are still doing it.

There's always Caligula.

Which I hope it's good, but will only know for sure when game is released in America. However, that retard mechanic of 500 guys you can recruit or something really worries me, it's impossible to have good character development spread among so many characters; if persona 3 and 4 fails to do so with less than 10, imagine a new franchise with more than 100.

Have you played Beat Down? That game was like Pokemon, but with gangsters. And it was fucking great.
Obviously, a game with a collectathon of characters isn't meant to completely flesh out and develop every single one. Besides, spanning gameplay beyond story is exactly what any good video game is supposed to do.
Caligula told us from day 1 that it focuses on a main cast of 9 characters, and there's no problem with that. P3 and P4's problem isn't that they spread their character writing thin - it was awful from the core.

(checked)
Is it 2017 yet?

Sorry, still the Current Year+1

Let's be honest, it's gonna be shit.

I like FuRyu games so it'll be alright at best and worst.

How?

There's something mindless about them. Lost Dimension was fun.

Mai Niggah. tho having to kill off characters you liked because they got given the traitor card sucked. That said it was the core element of the game that made it unique so i knew what i was getting into.

Aside from the translation, what's the best version of Persona 1 and Persona 2-1 / 2-2? Should it be played on the PS or the PSP?

PS1 version of Persona 1 got fucked in English with the main cast being changed to Americans (and one of them becoming a nigger) along with removing a quest for no good reason. Fatlus fixed all that in the PSP version, although I've heard the soundtrack is different than the original. I haven't played either of the Persona 2s so I can't say shit for them.

That's what i'm afraid of. FuRyu isn't…well yeah. I fear at best, game will be alright. Maybe if someone like Tom, the guy who translated person IS for psx played the game and made a review, saying he liked it, I would be more calm about it.

P1: PSP, P2IS: PSP P2EP: PSX.

PSP, all of them, but in the case of EPP (P2-EP PSP) it's JP only.

I've had my heart torn out and stomped on the ground for placing certain writers and developers on a pedestal, so I'm reining in my excitement. If it's good, I'll even buy it. fuck atlus for making it digital only