Vidya with caring potential

Is there any vidya where you get really invested in the well-being and happiness of the character(s)? Stuff where you feel guilty and downtrodden if your player character or an NPC companion comes to harm in one way or another?

Or, conversely, games where NPCs being happy also makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/79ODs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seems like that would depend on your tastes rather then the game's story.

Depends on what you consider happiness.

try Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden
enjoy petting the little shitters

Metal Gear?

Absence of Suffering?

That's just neutral

Teaching Feeling. H-game, where you can figuratively headpat the shit out of the loli you've been dumped with.

The world and its mother is determined to fuck each of my caravan clansmen miserably. That just taps into my fatherly instinct and make sure I get them, my best friend and my daughterfu out safely.
But of course, the game always makes me give up something. ;_;

Was the second one any good?
I liked the first, but the ending was just a massive "fuck you" so I lost interest in any more games.

Second is excellent.
>Ending choice from 1st game matters I strongly recommend you play Rook's path

The only thing I fault it for is that the ending is another cliffhanger

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it when it's on sale.

(checked)
This. I mean, most find my waifu insufferable so I guess its up for interpretation.

I'm still holding out hope.

I tend to feel worse for characters I make than NPCs in a story.

If you're an autist, STALKER.
There's not much dialog, but that comfy feeling when you're chilling around a campfire before a raid with some STALKER playing a guitar is amazing.
I played a hard mode of sorts, where I would only load on death, no matter how fucked I was. I felt like shit when I shoot a pseudogiant thinking I could've killed and my two companions died protecting me.
Such is life in the zone.

Email them about it; they're small enough that they might be open to the idea. But why do you need a vita port? The game's pretty low requirements as it is.

Get a girl. Make a baby.

Sonic Adventure 2

I started playing fire emblem on the gameboy advance and i feel genuinely terrible every time one of the characters gets seriously injured

He asked to take care of someone, user, not being hated by two parasites.

Any kind of city builder.

The first walking dead is all about that, too bad it's not really a game.

For me, it's the S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Persona series.
And lately God Eater has been making me invested into the characters too.

I think it's mainly the amount of time I've invested into these games which makes me care about my teammates well-being.

I hated this screen so much. It's the fucking saddest with that music.

pandora's tower, one of the best waifus from last generation

Elena is too cute.

user, there was supposed to be a port of the game coming for it scince 2014 archive.fo/79ODs

You're a sociopath.

Emulate an older Pokemon game and do a nuzlock run.

But I'm also curious about this sort of thing.
Been tempted to make a game where you have an easy and hard path at various points- or you unlock new abilities, but it "costs" your partner something.

Like a cool teacher suffering dementia like effects.
The qt chubby waifu gets a wasting disease.
The dog just gets old.

Is it "cheating" too much to evoke a reaction.

You can build up affection for a character over time, or just kick a puppy.

=he*k off tumblrtale==

Nigger what?

Tactics Ogre does this thing where it will introduce a cool character you'll grow to like, but either can't save or don't fully trust.

Sometimes you can save characters that seem impossible to save by using the Wheel of Fortune to go back in time, but with abilities you didn't have previously.

As for characters you can't trust, that's completely up to the player. The game doesn't give you the option to trust or distrust a character. Instead, you're free to kick them from the party at any time like any other unit and they'll stop having an influence on how events proceed with your party from that point on.

Is that you, schizo user? you're really improving, it was actually hard to tell

The first three Yakuza games have this element. Yakuza Ishin as well, although that game is JP only. However, they are linear games with no branching paths, so whether that would affect your enjoyment or not, I don't know.

also hey das mai waifu

That's fucking impossible and you know it user.

God eater surprised me at how much I enjoy them.
When I play games with friendly npc I do my best to keep them alive.